PDA

View Full Version : Yarrgh. Pirates 3!

garland sooner
5/24/2007, 11:58 PM
I was pretty pleased to find out that I enjoyed the 3rd movie when I saw it tonight. It was confusing at times and it made me think but that's how i like 'em. I was hooked. In my opinion, if you want a thrill ride then this is something you will want to see.

btw, I went to the movie for free. How? well, during the movie, the sound kept cutting in and out for like a few half seconds every five minutes. At the end of the movie, I asked for my money back and got it back.

:pop:

goingoneight
5/25/2007, 12:26 AM
Was it rated ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR??? :pop:

yermom
5/25/2007, 12:46 AM
gah, i'd rather pay than have to deal with that

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2007, 01:19 AM
This story is fishy.

You don't get money back from pirates.

Fraggle145
5/25/2007, 02:42 AM
I love booty. R

Melo
5/25/2007, 03:52 AM
The movie was good, seriously. I loved it. Only...

I want to know how they did all that fighting without falling into the big swirly hole. I mean, you can only swirl for so long before somebody just FALLS in, and they fought for a LONG time. Also, I liked the Chinese whores. :D

pb4ou
5/26/2007, 10:40 PM
anyone else see this yet?

jk the sooner fan
5/26/2007, 10:42 PM
i heard its like 3 hours long....

GottaHavePride
5/26/2007, 11:16 PM
I'm ok with that. Gladiator was that long too. ;)

Mixer!
5/26/2007, 11:18 PM
Also, I liked the Chinese whores. :D

:pop:

Petro-Sooner
5/26/2007, 11:19 PM
Just rented the first episode tonight.

Tailwind
5/26/2007, 11:39 PM
I can't wait to see this 3rd one. I loved the first 2. Kinda like Harry potter movies, you just want more.

rufnek05
5/26/2007, 11:40 PM
the 3rd was great, long but great. did anyone stay to watch the little clip at the end of the credits? i did. kind of sets it up for a 4th. but i hard they aren't going to make a 4th one.

GottaHavePride
5/26/2007, 11:41 PM
I need to see that this week. I'll wait till I'm up in Wichita and I can watch it on a 40 foot tall screen with digital surround.

goingoneight
5/27/2007, 08:41 AM
I need to see that this week. I'll wait till I'm up in Wichita and I can watch it on a 40 foot tall screen with digital surround.
Is this "Wichita" a movie theater, by any chance? :D

yermom
5/27/2007, 11:03 AM
i can't wait until we have a Warren here...

Okla-homey
5/27/2007, 11:38 AM
i can't wait until we have a Warren here...

D00d,

They got a Warren in Wichita's "Old Town" that has it going on fo sho. They have a system in which you press a button in your armrest, and a server appears to bring you a brew. Yo Ho, drink up me hearties.

Me likey.

BTW, I dug the flick.

yermom
5/27/2007, 11:42 AM
yeah, and they are building one in Moore

you guys can keep your hills and trees :D

the Old Town Warren is pretty cool, that sports bar attached to it is pretty awesome

MamaMia
5/27/2007, 01:00 PM
I was pretty pleased to find out that I enjoyed the 3rd movie when I saw it tonight. It was confusing at times and it made me think but that's how i like 'em. I was hooked. In my opinion, if you want a thrill ride then this is something you will want to see.

btw, I went to the movie for free. How? well, during the movie, the sound kept cutting in and out for like a few half seconds every five minutes. At the end of the movie, I asked for my money back and got it back.

:pop:Maybe the reason it was confusing at times was because the sound kept going off? :confused:

sooner_born_1960
5/29/2007, 09:05 AM
The opening scene. I won't describe it, but what was that all about?

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 09:09 AM
I was kinda dissapointed in the first one. Maybe cause everyone I talked to built it up too high. Does the second and third get better

colleyvillesooner
5/29/2007, 09:13 AM
I liked it OK. Almost too many characters too keep up with. And about 30 mins too long.

crawfish
5/29/2007, 09:38 AM
I thought it was ok. Too long by far, some scenes were great but some were just boring. Could have cut the thing by an hour and stayed coherent.

Brave (and excellent) way to end the movie, I thought.

I give it a 7 out of 10.

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 09:56 AM
Whats the difference between a pirate and a buccaneer?

crawfish
5/29/2007, 10:00 AM

A buccaneer is a subset. Pirate is the generic term. :)

soonerboy_odanorth
5/29/2007, 10:23 AM
I enjoyed the heck out of it. You probably have to be a kid at heart to really love it though. For certain sitting next to my 8 and 11 year-old and glancing at them seeing them enjoy it and hearing them giggle augmented my enjoyment of the movie.

I didn't find the plot to be overwhelmingly complex. The reviews I've read knocking the movie for the multiple layers of plot seem to me to be written by people that assume that the general moviegoer isn't as smart as they are. The boys had no trouble keeping up with it.

If you just consider it as a summer popcorn flick it is a lot of fun.

soonersweetie
5/29/2007, 02:47 PM
Haven't seen the 3rd yet, but I will. Love Johnny Depp. Anyway, regarding the 4th, I heard in an interview this weekend with him that a 4th isn't totally out of the question, it's just that it wouldn't be like next year or anything. So we'll see...I'm glad he left the option open.

sanantoniosooner
5/29/2007, 06:12 PM
My wife and I saw it this weekend.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Harry Beanbag
5/29/2007, 06:38 PM

One plays baseball, one plays football.

Melo
5/29/2007, 08:13 PM
The opening scene. I won't describe it, but what was that all about?

I believe it had to do with Beckett trying to destroy anyone even remotely associated with pirates. I didnt really catch on at first, but the second time around, it seemed to make more sense, tying over from the second one with some 'quest' or whatever to get rid of all the pirates. As for the singing and the coins - no idea.

Like I said, I went and watched it a second time. Went with a buddy of mine (CrimsonRose, for anyone who remembers her very short stay on the board). We took rum with us. :D

rufnek05
5/29/2007, 08:15 PM
for those in the pirate mood. check this out. its awesome....

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr!!!! !!

goingoneight
5/29/2007, 09:46 PM
So this little deaf boy is trick-or-treating, right? An old lady answers her dorr and asks what he is supposed to be this fine Halloween night.

"Pi-ruh.... ARRRRR!" the little boy said with a smile.

The lady isn't stupid, she already knows what he is. She disregards his speech impediment and asks... "well, where are your buccaneers???"

The deaf boy paused, and replied "ON MY BUCKIN' HEAD, LADY!!!"

Soonrboy
5/29/2007, 10:07 PM
He's deaf?