PDA

View Full Version : Car buying storey.

olevetonahill
5/24/2007, 10:43 PM
My Buddy that I helped move back to Gods Country from Fla, acoupla yrs ago .
His car blows a head gasket . the Car aint worth fixin .
So he gets himself 3000 . Hes gonna buy a car .
I tell him whoa dude . Wait for me.
I go out to Canute and get him , Bring him back to Muskogee , to the Auction . Hes going Man they are going to High . I tell him just chill .:)
One comes thru that He really wants , Bidding starts at around 1500 ,, So when it bogs down at 2100 , I jump in bid another 50
Some one was bumping the bid so I backed down at 2500.
Bill says Man you shoulda went that other 50 . I said Nope I been here done this .
So about an hour later hes worried we aint gonna get him a Nice car . I say Bro they havnt even opened the other line yet .
Short storey long . We got Him a Clean 99 Chrysler Concorde for 2100
has 108 thou milage and drives like a dream .
He called on his way home and told Hes gettin 30 miles perGal .
and if he gets some of that new car smell stuff hed think he was in a new one .

StoopTroup
5/24/2007, 10:48 PM
Good Story.

Glad he's rolling olevet style.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2007, 11:31 PM
I sold my old car and bought my "new" car at the auction. I think it was a good deal....and when people ask what kind of car I drive, I tell them, I tell them, "the kind that is paid for"

It was a 2001 Malibu with about 33K miles...bought it two years ago for about $5K I think...maybe a little more.

good for you for helping him...I am sure he appreciates it.

olevetonahill
5/25/2007, 12:09 AM
I sold my old car and bought my "new" car at the auction. I think it was a good deal....and when people ask what kind of car I drive, I tell them, I tell them, "the kind that is paid for"

It was a 2001 Malibu with about 33K miles...bought it two years ago for about $5K I think...maybe a little more.

good for you for helping him...I am sure he appreciates it.
Yup
He paid like a grand for thr old car , sold it after it blew up for 400 . and after driving it for 3 yrs ,:D
Yup My trucks a beater , But it dont take Payments . :cool:

LilSooner
5/25/2007, 08:57 AM
I need to go to the auction when my equinox blows up. It's almost paid for with 94000 on it and it's only 2 years old. I drive too much for nice cars.