PDA

View Full Version : Dear certain coworkers of my wife:

SoonerStormchaser
5/24/2007, 03:48 PM
(and I know where the copycat threads are going already)

Why do you continuously show your lack of sensitivity towards my wife, who's still grieving about her miscarriage? Yes, we all know that there's another lady two offices down who's preggers with her first. Yes, we all know that she's younger than my wife. Yes, we know that my wife already has children of her own from a previous marriage. But for the love of God, do you have to talk about the possibility of that other lady losing her baby and coddling her RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY WIFE? It's freaking bad enough that we lost our baby for reasons unknown (tests came back inconclusive), why must you make her relive that?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Y'all are so damned lucky that I'm sitting down here and you're up there.

In other news, a guy from Southwest called and wants to speak to me about my concerns that I wrote him about in a 6-page letter last month. Stay tuned...:pop:

JohnnyMack
5/24/2007, 03:55 PM
Like single spaced Ted Kaczynski crazy person letter or just a regular letter?

SoonerStormchaser
5/24/2007, 04:00 PM
regular

crawfish
5/24/2007, 04:28 PM
Do they know what they're doing?

We had a lot of the joy sucked out of our third pregnancy because my sister-in-law was having trouble getting pregnant with her first. We were not allowed to be visibly happy or excited because everybody was worried that she would be upset and offended. It turned what should be a joyous event into an ordeal, and really cost my wife support when she needed it most.

I understand how tough a miscarriage can be. It happened to us a few times and it felt devastating. However, life goes on, and we must move on with it. I apologize if I sound harsh, but being on both sides of the issue I think I can see it clearly now.

Also, apologies if your wife's co-workers are just complete wankers and my post doesn't apply. :)

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2007, 04:34 PM
And I apologize or Craw being a dick. ;)

JohnnyMack
5/24/2007, 05:02 PM

We had a lot of the joy sucked out of our third pregnancy because my sister-in-law was having trouble getting pregnant with her first. We were not allowed to be visibly happy or excited because everybody was worried that she would be upset and offended. It turned what should be a joyous event into an ordeal, and really cost my wife support when she needed it most.

I understand how tough a miscarriage can be. It happened to us a few times and it felt devastating. However, life goes on, and we must move on with it. I apologize if I sound harsh, but being on both sides of the issue I think I can see it clearly now.

Also, apologies if your wife's co-workers are just complete wankers and my post doesn't apply. :)

Similar story on my end. My sister and her husband haven't been able to conceive. They've been married for over a decade and unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll ever happen for them. My wife and I on the other hand got pregnant the month after we got married. It was a hard phone call to make to tell my sister we were having a baby, but at that point it isn't about her, it was about us. We weren't "Oooh! In your face! Look at my sexual prowess!!!", but we certainly weren't going to hide our excitement either.

Neg bombs to the first monkey who comments on my "sexual prowess". Unless it's :dean:. Or 1tc, or howzie or sas.

1stTimeCaller
5/24/2007, 05:05 PM
it's real

JohnnyMack
5/24/2007, 05:10 PM
it's real

I think it's the Sex Panther that does it. It does have tiny bits of real panther in it.

Frozen Sooner
5/24/2007, 05:58 PM

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I sympathize deeply for your loss, but other people are allowed to still make a big deal over the good things in other people's lives.

SoonerStormchaser
5/24/2007, 06:28 PM
You missed the point of the post:

God, do you have to talk about the possibility of that other lady losing her baby and coddling her RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY WIFE?

My wife is somewhat sensitive to the pregnancy talk, but we both know it's par for the course...it's them talking about the "what if she loses her baby" crap right in front of my wife, who lost hers, that's hurting her.

Frozen Sooner
5/24/2007, 06:39 PM
Unless your wife works with total jerks, I'm sure they're not even thinking about it. Has your wife simply and quietly stated that she'd prefer not to hear talk about miscarriages?

SoonerGirl06
5/24/2007, 06:46 PM
You missed the point of the post:

My wife is somewhat sensitive to the pregnancy talk, but we both know it's par for the course...it's them talking about the "what if she loses her baby" crap right in front of my wife, who lost hers, that's hurting her.

If I were your wife I would simply walk away from the conversation or remove myself from the area.

It's obvious these women are not sensitive enough to take your wife's feelings into consideration when they discuss the possiblity of the co-worker having a miscarriage.

This is definitely not an easy time for your wife and my thoughts and prayers are with her.

SoonerStormchaser
5/24/2007, 08:32 PM
Unless your wife works with total jerks, I'm sure they're not even thinking about it. Has your wife simply and quietly stated that she'd prefer not to hear talk about miscarriages?

I understand your point Mike, but it's kind of like this. Say you lost an immediate family member to suicide, and your co-workers knew about it. Wouldn't you be rather sensitive if your co-workers walked around the office near you and joked about killing themselves cause they had a bad day?

Frozen Sooner
5/24/2007, 08:52 PM
Did I misread your initial statement so much that I missed you saying they were joking about miscarriages?

JohnnyMack
5/24/2007, 09:45 PM
Am I to assume that your wife didn't get that kind of support from these coworkers when she miscarried?

Soonerus
5/24/2007, 09:47 PM
complex...

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2007, 06:37 AM
Am I to assume that your wife didn't get that kind of support from these coworkers when she miscarried?

Nope...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/25/2007, 06:44 AM
She should ask them to change the subject.

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2007, 06:48 AM
Oh trust me...she's tried...but some of them are THAT dumb.

Hamhock
5/25/2007, 08:11 AM
people say immensely stupid things, totally disregarding the feelings of other people.

water is wet.

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 08:30 AM
You know what cracks me up? People who get all upset over a miscarriage - but think abortion is a groovy thing.

Hamhock
5/25/2007, 08:50 AM
You know what cracks me up? People who get all upset over a miscarriage - but think abortion is a groovy thing.

yes, I agree, but have you seen my bobcat?

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 08:57 AM
Nay. Unless you mean the red x.

stoopified
5/25/2007, 08:58 AM
Chaser first of all my heartfelt prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family especially your PRECIOUS ONE.Second I would like to say that ofentimes when people are trying to be supprtive they often have tunnel-vision.That is to say they are so focused on what they are attemting to do they aren't considering how it affects others.Hang in there brother.

Hamhock
5/25/2007, 09:04 AM
Nay. Unless you mean the red x.

is there a 13 year old kid around to help you use your computer? :texan:

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:14 AM
is there a 13 year old kid around to help you use your computer? :texan:

Dude, it ain't my skillz that's lacking here...

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 09:43 AM
psst...we can see it...:D

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:45 AM
Well, if he'd host the picture somewhere besides bri's pron site I could see it too.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 10:02 AM
heh