PDA

View Full Version : there was almost a throwdown in the break room

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 12:23 PM
There's a pregnant girl in my office. We were talking about some of the things she shouldn't do while pregnant, i.e. clean out a cat's litter box (it can cause birth defects if she is infected with toxoplasma, which is found in cat feces). Then one of my coworkers said she wouldn't have a cat in the house under any circumstances with a new baby because cats "suck the breath" out of babies and kill them. Most of us just laughed, and when someone told her that was just an old wives' tale she got really mad...she swore she knew someone that it happened to...an argument ensued so I got the heck out of there.

sooner_born_1960
5/24/2007, 12:26 PM
I think I saw that in a Twilight Zone move or something, so it must be true. Wait, now that I think about it, the cat saved the baby from an elf or gremlin or something.
Nevermind.

Tear Down This Wall
5/24/2007, 12:34 PM
Why do women talk to each other? It never leads to anything but trouble.

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 12:35 PM

i don't know.
that's why most of my friends are guys.

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 12:36 PM

this can't turn out good

Pricetag
5/24/2007, 12:43 PM
I think I saw that in a Twilight Zone move or something, so it must be true. Wait, now that I think about it, the cat saved the baby from an elf or gremlin or something.
Nevermind.
It was Steven King's Cat's Eye.

Boomer.....
5/24/2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/catsuck.htm

YWIA

springs sooner
5/24/2007, 12:47 PM
the littler thing is very true, but damn i have 3 cats and 10 month healthy baby. My cats will lay about a foot from her and not get any closer. maybe they know i will drop kick them into the middle of next week if they ever did do anything. but they are very protective of her.

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 12:55 PM

YWIA

thanks, i already looked it up :)

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 12:56 PM
the littler thing is very true, but damn i have 3 cats and 10 month healthy baby. My cats will lay about a foot from her and not get any closer. maybe they know i will drop kick them into the middle of next week if they ever did do anything. but they are very protective of her.

I always had cats in the house with the kids...they didn't do anything ever to hurt babies. they like to cuddle with them though.

MamaMia
5/24/2007, 01:21 PM
Why do women talk to each other? It never leads to anything but trouble.I've had the same group of friends since the 60's. Half of them are women. We're a lot like sisters. Sometimes we have issues but we always work them out. When theres hurt feelings between two of us, the others get together and fix it. :D

soonervegas
5/24/2007, 01:42 PM

ditto. 3 cats and a 3 yr old and a 2 month old. Have yet to see any breath stealing....

Boarder
5/24/2007, 02:04 PM
when someone told her that was just an old wives' tale she got really mad...she swore she knew someone that it happened to...an argument ensued so I got the heck out of there.

Of course she was mad. She had just gotten

http://img71.exs.cx/img71/4734/howzit0af.jpg

picasso
5/24/2007, 02:14 PM
she's really bright if she believes that crap.

C&CDean
5/24/2007, 02:32 PM
This makes it much easier when I hafta euthanize cats.

Hatfield
5/24/2007, 02:34 PM
Why do women talk?

hmmmm

Hatfield
5/24/2007, 02:35 PM

YWIA

the fact that this even needs to be on snopes makes baby jesus cry

TopDawg
5/24/2007, 05:45 PM
Why would anybody have cats at all?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/24/2007, 09:14 PM
i don't know.
that's why most of my friends are guys.No doubt. And my friends who are women don't act typical.