PDA

View Full Version : 100 DAYS TO GO

Flagstaffsooner
5/24/2007, 10:22 AM
Heaven Nears (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=&p0=197)

CU Sooner
5/24/2007, 10:30 AM
For me this is better than 100 days til Christmas.

htownsooner7
5/24/2007, 10:34 AM
Hell yes! I have to pick my battles and will be coming up the next week for da U. Think the north texas game will be televised? Fox sports maybe??

swardboy
5/24/2007, 12:18 PM
Post of the Day!!!!!!!

CatfishSooner
5/24/2007, 01:29 PM
100 days tooo longgg.,

Boomer.....
5/24/2007, 01:36 PM
Can't wait! Best time of the year.

Tear Down This Wall
5/24/2007, 03:01 PM
100 days 'til we get Todd Dodge in Norman to pay him back for the interception he threw to Keith Stanberry in 1984:

Oct. 13, 1984: Oklahoma 15, Texas 15 (tie)
Hero: Jeff Ward kicked a 32-yard field goal as time ran out to snatch a tie from the jaws of defeat for the Longhorns. It overshadowed a two-touchdown day by Sooners halfback Steve Sewell.

Notable: In windy, rainy and slick conditions, OU coach Barry Switzer gambled and had his team take an intentional safety with two minutes left. OU's Keith Stanberry appeared to intercept a Todd Dodge pass in the end zone with five seconds to go, but a Southwest Conference official ruled Stanberry was out of bounds. Switzer said officials "actually took the game away from us."

Oct. 13, 1984
Oklahoma 15, Texas 15

It was a showdown of national powers when the No. 2 Sooners challenged No. 1-ranked Texas. But this game is memorable because it is the most controversial in the series.

It allowed the Horns to salvage a tie in a game that Oklahoma felt it deserved to win.

Everyone remembers the interception by Keith Stanberry that apparently sealed a 15-12 victory for the Sooners. The officials waved off the interception, ruling the OU player did not have full control of the ball.

What many people don't remember is that it was the third controversial call on Texas' final drive. Earlier, a fumble recovery by OU's Tony Casillas was ruled for Texas. And Stanberry also was called for a questionable pass interference penalty.

The Sooners had a 15-10 lead with about two minutes to go when they elected to take an intentional safety instead of trying to punt from their own end zone. The Horns got possession at their own 44 after the free kick.

Texas quarterback Todd Dodge drove the Horns to the OU 10 with 15 seconds left. After an illegal motion penalty, Stanberry's apparent interception was waved off.

Texas kicker Jeff Ward hit the game-tying field goal on the last play of the game, the only game in series history that ended on a scoring play.

SoonerBOI
5/24/2007, 07:33 PM
I count it by the number of paychecks, 7 more to go baby!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/24/2007, 08:09 PM
100 days 'til we get Todd Dodge in Norman to pay him back for the interception he threw to Keith Stanberry in 1984:

Oct. 13, 1984: Oklahoma 15, Texas 15 (tie)
Hero: Jeff Ward kicked a 32-yard field goal as time ran out to snatch a tie from the jaws of defeat for the Longhorns. It overshadowed a two-touchdown day by Sooners halfback Steve Sewell.

Notable: In windy, rainy and slick conditions, OU coach Barry Switzer gambled and had his team take an intentional safety with two minutes left. OU's Keith Stanberry appeared to intercept a Todd Dodge pass in the end zone with five seconds to go, but a Southwest Conference official ruled Stanberry was out of bounds. Switzer said officials "actually took the game away from us."

Oct. 13, 1984
Oklahoma 15, Texas 15

It was a showdown of national powers when the No. 2 Sooners challenged No. 1-ranked Texas. But this game is memorable because it is the most controversial in the series.

It allowed the Horns to salvage a tie in a game that Oklahoma felt it deserved to win.

Everyone remembers the interception by Keith Stanberry that apparently sealed a 15-12 victory for the Sooners. The officials waved off the interception, ruling the OU player did not have full control of the ball.

What many people don't remember is that it was the third controversial call on Texas' final drive. Earlier, a fumble recovery by OU's Tony Casillas was ruled for Texas. And Stanberry also was called for a questionable pass interference penalty.

The Sooners had a 15-10 lead with about two minutes to go when they elected to take an intentional safety instead of trying to punt from their own end zone. The Horns got possession at their own 44 after the free kick.

Texas quarterback Todd Dodge drove the Horns to the OU 10 with 15 seconds left. After an illegal motion penalty, Stanberry's apparent interception was waved off.

Texas kicker Jeff Ward hit the game-tying field goal on the last play of the game, the only game in series history that ended on a scoring play.Somewhere I still have a tee shirt commemorating the sordid job of officiating done that day, with blind refs and their seeing-eye(guide) dogs walking the Cotton Bowl field. It was as bad or worse than the officiating 2 years ago at the tx game.

stoopified
5/26/2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks brother I was just going to ask if anyone had a countdown to kickoff.

BajaOklahoma
5/26/2007, 08:57 AM
My husband thought that I was going to end up in jail during that game. :eek: We had seats over the entrance (in the days before the tenting) and some idiot sold or gave away their ticket to a whorn b!tch. And she had her loud yap going the entire game. (Thinking back, she actually looked & sounded like a long-haired Laura Miller)
During that drive, her mouth was going 90 to nothing, with nothing but idiot comments coming out. After the "missing piece of field" call, I told her to either STFU or get out of the section because I had enough of her sharing her lack of football knowledge. I was so mad, I was shaking. My husband was afraid I was going to slug her. :eek:

I still get angry over this game. More than the other more recent "ref games."

For 85, we had the T-shirts with a drawing of the field showing the missing area.

Socrefbek
5/26/2007, 09:43 AM
POST OF THE MONTH! This needs to stay at the top. :)

goingoneight
5/27/2007, 08:59 AM
97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer-- COME ON, EV'RYONE!!!

Flagstaffsooner
5/27/2007, 09:02 AM
Cans of Natty in Olevet's fridge....

StoopTroup
5/27/2007, 11:44 AM
Flag...

Why do you hate the CTZ? :D

FlatheadSooner
5/27/2007, 11:54 AM
Time to get all those "chores" done so I can sit on my arse on Saturdays come September.

:oink: Hook em

zeke
5/28/2007, 10:41 AM
thanks

Seamus
5/28/2007, 01:17 PM
Natty? :eek:

Boyo, it's all about the:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mikerider/webpics/GuinnessBeer.jpg

olevetonahill
5/28/2007, 03:52 PM
Natty? :eek:

Boyo, it's all about the:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mikerider/webpics/GuinnessBeer.jpg

You just beggin for another neggin aint ya . :D

Socrefbek
5/28/2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg :D

insuranceman_22
5/29/2007, 12:59 AM
I count it by the number of paychecks, 7 more to go baby!

Hey man, can I have a couple of those paychecks......I'm still trying to get tickets to the games!

goingoneight
5/29/2007, 01:47 AM
I get weekly paychecks :(...

Oh, I mean.. :D!!!

Seamus
5/29/2007, 02:29 AM
You just beggin for another neggin aint ya . :D

LOL! No, if there's one thing I've learned, it's not to mess with a man's :twinkies: or his beer :D

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 03:53 AM
LOL! No, if there's one thing I've learned, it's not to mess with a man's :twinkies: or his beer :D
Dont be dissin My NATTY :P