PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what to think about this

sanantoniosooner
5/24/2007, 07:20 AM
My wife (of 18 years as of this Saturday) just let me know that she would like to have another child. I'll be 39 this year and she's a few years behind. We have boys that will be 14 and 8 this year. We had talked about adopting before too long, but she just bypassed that one.

Six years between the first two and 8 years between the next.

She wants me to stop cooking the boys with the laptop.

CUinNC
5/24/2007, 07:28 AM
Congrats on the 18th Anniversary dude...

We always (especially me) wanted to have our boys early, so that we (me) would be able to hang with them while they grew up...and it worked...(read high-density athletics into this one)

They are grown men now & I'm glad it turned out like that...now that I'm hittin fifty....I see that if we had waited, it would not have been the same...

stayin' & keeping up with my boys through the years has been a good thing..

Mongo
5/24/2007, 08:36 AM
congrats on the anniversary, now go get the snip-snip while she is out:D

achiro
5/24/2007, 08:38 AM
You might want to tell her that sex would be involved, that might get her to back down.:D

Hatfield
5/24/2007, 08:54 AM
i guess i could lend my services if need be ;)

OUDoc
5/24/2007, 08:56 AM
Mom went through the same thing when I went to college.
Dad got a vasectomy.
Here endeth the lesson.

frankensooner
5/24/2007, 08:58 AM
My pops was 42 and my moms was 39 when I was born. I kept them young.

Osce0la
5/24/2007, 09:12 AM
You might want to tell her that sex would be involved, that might get her to back down.:D
exactly what I was thinking...

GrapevineSooner
5/24/2007, 09:14 AM
V-A-S-E-C-T-O-M-Y

What's that spell?!!!!

Nevermind, Doc already spelled it out.

And BTW, Saturday will mark 6 years for my wife and I. Weird that we share the same wedding anniversary.

crawfish
5/24/2007, 09:14 AM
Well...on the plus side, you'll get some!

At 40, I can't imagine having another baby now. I'm much too tired and grumpy to put up with it. Good luck! :D

Osce0la
5/24/2007, 09:29 AM
Well...on the plus side, you'll get some!

At 40, I can't imagine having another baby now. I'm much too tired and grumpy to put up with it. Good luck! :D
hell, I'm 23 and I am much too tired and grumpy to put up with another one...

stoopified
5/24/2007, 09:34 AM
:D My wife and I have two boys Ryan (3),Jason (6 weeks) and were are up there in age(I'm 47,D is 39).The key is DO YOU BOTH WANT ANOTHER CHILD?If not don't.With you kids being 14 and 8 you might also want to ask them for their input as well.BTW we are DONE.My wife had a c-section and tubal with Jason.

crawfish
5/24/2007, 09:51 AM
hell, I'm 23 and I am much too tired and grumpy to put up with another one...

I'm actually considering getting rid of some of the ones I already have. :D

Anybody want a teenager?

Hot Rod
5/24/2007, 09:59 AM
LOL, no kiddin crawfish. By the time my youngest graduates high school I will be 44, and I'm looking forward to having that time to me and the wife.

Sometimes when others have a baby, that gives women that idea to have another one. However, I do not miss the messy diapers and waking up in the middle of the night. If she does want another child, take one that is already potty-trained. :)

achiro
5/24/2007, 09:59 AM

Anybody want a teenager?
Does he/she mow lawns?
I'm thinking this could be win/win. I have no long term vested interest in said child so as long as the chores got done, kid go go crazy, drinkin, druggin, sleepin around gettin STD's and such.

Beef
5/24/2007, 10:08 AM
And BTW, Saturday will mark 6 years for my wife and I. Weird that we share the same wedding anniversary.
Why is it weird that you and your wife share the same wedding anniversary?

sanantoniosooner
5/24/2007, 09:16 PM
I haven't even considered the possibility until she just mentioned it.

I don't feel strongly about it either way yet.

OUinFLA
5/24/2007, 09:21 PM
when you get horny, you'll change your mind.

VeeJay
5/24/2007, 09:40 PM
I would talk finances, but it usually doesn't take when baby-producin' is involved.

I was 40 when my 2nd daughter was born. Having babies and planning for retirement is usually, mutually exclusive.

Good Luck.

MamaMia
5/24/2007, 09:48 PM
sas, in 9 or ten years you'll have a grandbaby or two as well. Thats a lot of fun. You can give them back when you're done with them. :D

GottaHavePride
5/24/2007, 09:53 PM
The age difference between the kids isn't any huge deal. It's maybe larger than usual, but I've seen bigger gaps. She's younger than you are so there shouldn't be any big health risks for having another kid. The thing to consider - and when you mention it to her just bring it up as a "oh, and by the way" sort of thing - if you have another kid now, you will be pushing 60 by the time the last one is in college and away. Definitely have to delay retirement for that. Not that that should be a deal-breaker, but you have to be prepared for that before you decide to go ahead.

StoopTroup
5/24/2007, 09:54 PM
Tell her your OK with it but you think she should get on some fertility drugs.

Tell her you want more than one.

Tell her your even OK with the Doctors sewing her cervix shut so she can bring the quints as close as she can to term.

YWIA

Harry Beanbag
5/24/2007, 11:22 PM
I'm 35 and we're trying for our first one, so I can't really help you.

goingoneight
5/25/2007, 01:08 AM

Anybody want a teenager?

Only for tax season.

william_brasky
5/25/2007, 03:33 AM
Happy Anniversary SAS.

I believe this is appropriate. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLSaHA7tncg)

SoonerTerry
5/25/2007, 04:33 AM
Congrats on 18 years!!
how bout some mood music for the baby makin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OgwETZKNPZc

AlbqSooner
5/25/2007, 05:54 AM
Mom was 41 when my youngest brother was born. Mom always says that God has a warped sense of humor - giving a woman a toddler and menopause at the same time.

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2007, 07:03 AM
This is the one that gets me action (http://youtube.com/watch?v=o8ipQl9pywg)

Harry Beanbag
5/25/2007, 07:22 AM
Here's mine...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zj25gRwsZmE