PDA

View Full Version : Impact Players of 2007

SoonerSinger3
5/23/2007, 09:43 PM
Offensively:
1. Allen Patrick- I know that Murray is the golden boy, but until he plays a down in CFB he is nothing yet. AP should get his yards behind our excellen O-Line. Also, his toughness will earn him many big plays on the year. I expect huge things outta him.

2. Malcolm Kelly- The guy has tremendous size, good speed, and excellent hands. We all saw those amazing grabs against Nebraska. Regardless of our QB, Malcolm will have a huge year.

3. Jon Cooper- Yea yea not a glamorous pick, but this guy has been nothing short of great since he arrived in Norman. He is the quarterback of the O-Line, and he is a great blocker.

4. Demarco Murray- Yeah I know i'm kind of contradicting myself with what I said about him in AP's paragraph, but this guy is ridiculous. He reminds me of a smaller version of Darren McFadden and that's always good. Great hands, great vision, and excellent cuts. Only question mark now is his toughness and work ethic.

5. Jermaine Gresham- Joe Jon is the experienced senior, but he tends to drop passes from time to time. Gresham will have a big year and should be an easy target for our new QB. And he's an Okie!!!

Defensively:

1. Marcus Walker- This guy would be a pre season all-american had he not been injury prone his first two years. Last year he picked off several passes(Boise St pick was the best) and he also dropped several others that I recall. He is easily the best shut down corner we've had since Derrick Strait.

2. Nic Harris- Whether he's playing hybrid safety linebacker/FS/SS this guy just makes plays all over the field. I believe he led the team last year with 4 oskies and he is a phsyical guy who will knock bitches out.

3. Reggie Smith- Hopefully we'll have solid SS play from whoever and he can stay at cornerback. If the scenario works out that way, Reggie will be at least all big 12. And unless Demarco takes his spot at punt returner and if he can catch a damn ball, he should be extremely dangerous in the return game.

4. Mike Reed- Hasn't proven anything and is limited on his understanding of the defense, but this guy can HIT. We all saw him knock AP back in the Spring Game and force that fumble. Guy should be a very solid middle linebacker.

5. Demarcus Granger- Last spot was hard because I wavered on Gerald McCoy, Lofton, R Reynolds, and Lendy Holmes. But truth of the matter is McCoy hasn't played yet, Lofton is still learning, R Reynolds cannot stay healthy, and Lendy will be limited to certain downs. Granger showed big time potential last year and should only be better this year.

Honorable Metion for Offense: Finley, all the O-Line, Chris Brown, Manuel Johnson, Iglesias

Honorable Mention for Defense: Darien Williams, Lofton, Lendy, McCoy, and R Reynolds.

can't wait for NOrth Texas! Poor Mean Green:pop:

bixby28
5/23/2007, 10:02 PM
Solid list, SoonerSinger. I think Lofton and McCoy are two guys that will blossom on the defensive side of the ball this year. Murray and Tennell are my offensive gems, as well.

This group of guys, offensively and defensively, have an incredible amount of potential.

If the core/skill guys stay healthy, this will be a very good team.

htownsooner7
5/24/2007, 10:07 AM
Good list.

Questions. (1) Does Nic Harris "knock bitches out"? I know he has size but I don't recall him having a severe hitting presence on the field. (2) Can we figure out a way to get Gresham/Finley 6 to 8 catches a game? I'd like to see us do some of what Mizzou did last year with their TE's. I just can't imagine that LB's or SS can cover them 1 on 1. If they get help, Kelly and co. should go off. (3) Is the Reed 'knowledge' issue experience or is he a slow learner? With our uncertainty at LB, we need me to disrupt many plays in order for our defense to gel. I just haven't heard much inside scoop on him and Loadholt yet, besides the fact that they can be very good.

htownsooner7
5/24/2007, 10:10 AM
We need 'him' to disrupt plays, not me. Pretty sure I'd blow a hammy getting off the bus.

Collier11
5/24/2007, 10:31 AM
Redo

Collier11
5/24/2007, 10:37 AM
Basing this strictly off of what position or player could impact the success or failure of our season the most, this is what I think

1: O-Line If these guys play well they will dominate, and if they dominate that allows our young qb's a chance to progress much like Mccoy did last year. If that happens, we are in the running for a natl title

2: Allen patrick We need him to run the way he did last year and hold onto the ball, if he does that it takes even more pressure off of the young qb's and allows our WR's to make more plays

3: Darien WIlliams/DJ Wolfe/ Keenan Clayton/ Nic Harris etc... We need our safeties to play well and not get beat deep. If they do this, that allows Reggie to stay at corner where he will have more of an impact IMO

4: Auston English or Jeremy Beal We need a young DE to come in and play well like Dan Cody did after depression. Someone to become and impact player and get to the damn qb on a regular basis, this also takes alot of pressure off of our DB's

5: Mike Reed He needs to get in shape and learn the D, if so he can be a dominant player from all I have heard

MojoRisen
5/24/2007, 10:46 AM
I hear English is ready to get it on- and Beal is going to be a great player but still learning end technique etc.

Collier11
5/24/2007, 11:04 AM
I hear English is ready to get it on- and Beal is going to be a great player but still learning end technique etc.

There are so many ways that I could intentionally mis-construe your quote, but I will be clean! :D :eek: :D

TheUnnamedSooner
5/24/2007, 11:08 AM
Offensively:
1. Allen Patrick- I know that Murray is the golden boy, but until he plays a down in CFB he is nothing yet. AP should get his yards behind our excellen O-Line. Also, his toughness will earn him many big plays on the year. I expect huge things outta him.

2. Malcolm Kelly- The guy has tremendous size, good speed, and excellent hands. We all saw those amazing grabs against Nebraska. Regardless of our QB, Malcolm will have a huge year.

3. Jon Cooper- Yea yea not a glamorous pick, but this guy has been nothing short of great since he arrived in Norman. He is the quarterback of the O-Line, and he is a great blocker.

4. Demarco Murray- Yeah I know i'm kind of contradicting myself with what I said about him in AP's paragraph, but this guy is ridiculous. He reminds me of a smaller version of Darren McFadden and that's always good. Great hands, great vision, and excellent cuts. Only question mark now is his toughness and work ethic.

5. Jermaine Gresham- Joe Jon is the experienced senior, but he tends to drop passes from time to time. Gresham will have a big year and should be an easy target for our new QB. And he's an Okie!!!

Defensively:

1. Marcus Walker- This guy would be a pre season all-american had he not been injury prone his first two years. Last year he picked off several passes(Boise St pick was the best) and he also dropped several others that I recall. He is easily the best shut down corner we've had since Derrick Strait.

2. Nic Harris- Whether he's playing hybrid safety linebacker/FS/SS this guy just makes plays all over the field. I believe he led the team last year with 4 oskies and he is a phsyical guy who will knock bitches out.

3. Reggie Smith- Hopefully we'll have solid SS play from whoever and he can stay at cornerback. If the scenario works out that way, Reggie will be at least all big 12. And unless Demarco takes his spot at punt returner and if he can catch a damn ball, he should be extremely dangerous in the return game.

4. Mike Reed- Hasn't proven anything and is limited on his understanding of the defense, but this guy can HIT. We all saw him knock AP back in the Spring Game and force that fumble. Guy should be a very solid middle linebacker.

5. Demarcus Granger- Last spot was hard because I wavered on Gerald McCoy, Lofton, R Reynolds, and Lendy Holmes. But truth of the matter is McCoy hasn't played yet, Lofton is still learning, R Reynolds cannot stay healthy, and Lendy will be limited to certain downs. Granger showed big time potential last year and should only be better this year.

Honorable Metion for Offense: Finley, all the O-Line, Chris Brown, Manuel Johnson, Iglesias

Honorable Mention for Defense: Darien Williams, Lofton, Lendy, McCoy, and R Reynolds.

can't wait for NOrth Texas! Poor Mean Green:pop:

Including the honorable mentions there are 10 defensive guys and more than 10 offensive guys. we should be unbeatable! :rolleyes: