View Full Version : BIG 12 Tournament Thread

Collier11
5/23/2007, 03:09 PM
Day 1

Nebraska Beats A&M 5-3

KState is currently up on Texas 4-0

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 03:15 PM
You have any idea how the crowd has been for the early session?

Boomer.....
5/23/2007, 03:18 PM
Day 1

KState is currently up on Texas 4-0

Wow. That would be a stunner. What inning?

arenateam
5/23/2007, 03:19 PM
GO OU!

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 03:23 PM
Wow. That would be a stunner. What inning?

Bottom of 3.

Kyle Russell just tripled .. 4-2 'Cats.

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 03:33 PM
Apparently you can watch the games for free thru the Big XII website via CSTV. Registration is pretty easy.

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=big12&sport=m-basebl&category=live&media=29828

Taxman71
5/23/2007, 04:22 PM
I see a grand total of 3 people in the upper deck from my office. That only counts the 1st base line though.

Collier11
5/23/2007, 04:22 PM
It is now Texas 11 KSU 4

illinisooner
5/23/2007, 07:03 PM
The Horns are out for revenge!

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 08:18 PM
Sooners 5
Tigers 2

BOOMER!!

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 08:19 PM
make that Sooners 6
Tigers 2

BOOMER again

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:35 PM
OU 7
Mu 2 Top of 9

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:35 PM
I dont know if this is legal but you did say Boomer so......................................Sooner!

Big Red Ron
5/23/2007, 09:36 PM
7-2 Soonas top of the 9th

mikeelikee
5/23/2007, 09:41 PM
Any updates?

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:43 PM
7-2 Bottom 9th

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:47 PM
Mizzou has 2 on with no outs in the bottom of the 9th, pitching change!

mikeelikee
5/23/2007, 09:48 PM
Let's close the deal, boys!! :(

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:49 PM
BIg strikeout, one gone

Collier11
5/23/2007, 09:49 PM
Double Play ends the game, OU 7 mizzou 2

mikeelikee
5/23/2007, 09:50 PM
Woooooot!!!!!

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 09:56 PM
Big win.

Now lose the rest... ;)

Soonerus
5/23/2007, 10:32 PM
Can't believe OU beat choker Mizzou....

SOONER STEAKER
5/23/2007, 10:42 PM
I was hoping Gollaway would go 0-3 so we could fire his kister. Good job by the team though.

Ivey gos 3-4, Joeseph Hughes and Heath Taylor throw a great game. Maybe too too late though to make a regional.

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 10:47 PM
And now the final game starts at 10:30...

Thanks, Texas!

SleestakSooner
5/23/2007, 11:46 PM
I was hoping Gollaway would go 0-3 so we could fire his kister. Good job by the team though.

Ivey gos 3-4, Joeseph Hughes and Heath Taylor throw a great game. Maybe too too late though to make a regional.

sigh...

great game for the Sooners! Lets keep it up and win this thing on OUr home turf!!

SleestakSooner
5/24/2007, 02:27 AM
Poooor Aggies!

Bears beat Pokes 3-1 in the late game.

Saaaaaawing batter batter batter!

That word we must not speak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******_Series) rematch tonight... Go Sooners!

Sooner24
5/24/2007, 06:35 AM
Poooor Aggies!

Bears beat Pokes 3-1 in the late game.

Saaaaaawing batter batter batter!

That word we must not speak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******_Series) rematch tonight... Go Sooners!

It's tomorrow night.

SleestakSooner
5/24/2007, 07:15 AM
Oh yeah... thanks for the correction, I may actually get to go to the game then!

Boomer.....
5/24/2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah, Friday at 7:30.

Great win against Mizzou. If we can get another win, maybe we can slip into the NCAA tournament.

Big Red Ron
5/24/2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Friday at 7:30.

Great win against Mizzou. If we can get another win, maybe we can slip into the NCAA tournament.We're already in. Our RPI is 24th.

Boomer.....
5/24/2007, 08:25 AM
I know we have a great RPI and the most wins over top 25 teams in the nation, but our conference record is going to hurt us. Going into the Big 12 tournament, not many people gave us a chance of getting to the NCAA tournament. After the first game win over Missouri, I think their minds might be changing.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 09:20 AM
I love it when games don't start till after 10:00 p.m. Reminds of those little league tournaments when you would play in hot, muggy, mosquito-filled parks until 1 in the morning.....then turn around and play at 8:00 a.m.

Collier11
5/24/2007, 10:24 AM
If we can win one more, I think we are in. Obviously getting to the Championship would really look good though

Big Red Ron
5/24/2007, 03:23 PM
I know we have a great RPI and the most wins over top 25 teams in the nation, but our conference record is going to hurt us. Going into the Big 12 tournament, not many people gave us a chance of getting to the NCAA tournament. After the first game win over Missouri, I think their minds might be changing.Isn't there only three or four Big XII teams with an above .500 record in conference play? That says that the Big XII is one tough place to play. I think ut, um, okie state, tamu and OU make it, if the seeding were to start today but hey, it's just an opinion.;)

King Crimson
5/24/2007, 05:42 PM
I love it when games don't start till after 10:00 p.m. Reminds of those little league tournaments when you would play in hot, muggy, mosquito-filled parks until 1 in the morning.....then turn around and play at 8:00 a.m.

playing at night beats the hell out of playing 3rd base in the 5 o'clock game staring into the sun in august. 99 degrees, arc of the sun in yer face.....

Ardmore_Sooner
5/24/2007, 07:21 PM
GAME OVER!

Texas A&M 7
Texas 3

Big Red Ron
5/24/2007, 08:44 PM
GAME OVER!

Texas A&M 7
Texas 3heh

SOONER STEAKER
5/24/2007, 11:19 PM
Up to date records

UT 1-1
A&M 1-1
NU 1-1
KSU 1-1
________

BU 1-0
OU 1-0
MU 0-1
OSU 0-1

All teams in bracket 2 should be 1-1 as well as I look for MU to BU and OSU to bea OU.

This round robin tourney for the birds. Go back to the doble elimination bracket play. That way the team with the best pitchers wins.

King Crimson
5/24/2007, 11:36 PM
Up to date records

UT 1-1
A&M 1-1
NU 1-1
KSU 1-1
________

BU 1-0
OU 1-0
MU 0-1
OSU 0-1

All teams in bracket 2 should be 1-1 as well as I look for MU to BU and OSU to bea OU.

This round robin tourney for the birds. Go back to the doble elimination bracket play. That way the team with the best pitchers wins.

agree about the double elimination, but "out" yerself much with the pokey prediction?

SleestakSooner
5/25/2007, 12:19 AM
Mama always said... don't feed the trolls. Or was that Norm? Either way you gotta love the Gooner optimism.:rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 07:17 AM
Up to date records

UT 1-1
A&M 1-1
NU 1-1
KSU 1-1
________

BU 1-0
OU 1-0
MU 0-1
OSU 0-1

I agree that Missouri will beat Baylor but the Bedl@m game is up in the air. OSU isnt playing that well right now but this is baseball so you never know who is going to show up. If OSU plays like they should, then I think they will win but if they continue to play like that have the past 4 games then they will probably lose.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 07:19 AM
Up to date records

21 to squaduouche

Was that your best pitcher?

Taxman71
5/25/2007, 09:08 AM
Although I always hated seeing the College World Series decided by pool play (since it is for the championship), I like the Big 12 format when you know when teams are playing and can schedule accordingly (esp. OU playing in the evenings). I think it will help attendance and, therefore, keep the tourney in OKC long term. Besides, the Big 12 tourney doesn't have a whole lot of significance.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 09:49 AM
21 to squaduouche

Was that your best pitcher?

That one win out of 4 games against OSU sure made your season great last year didnt it? It is kind of like how you guys say beating OU in football makes our season great. ;)

Teams in baseball have ups and downs. Unfortunately for us, we were down last year when the Big 12 Tournament came around and it looks like we are down again this year. Even if you beat us, we still will have beaten you 3 out of 4 times. The Big 12 Tournament Championship is a lot to play for, but OU has more than the Big 12 Tournament riding on how they play. They need to get into the NCAA tournament. I am not saying that OSU is relaxing, but I am saying from a fans point of view that I would rather see OSU do bad in the Big 12 tournament and play good in the NCAA tournament. It would be nice to play good in both but teams are going to have their down times and I would rather OSU get rid of them now then have them in the NCAA tournament.

Paperclip
5/25/2007, 09:56 AM
It got kind of exciting at the K-State/Nebraska game last night. A near brawl, a few ejections, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

OSUAggie
5/25/2007, 10:02 AM
Winning the conference tournament is something that OSU should at least give a **** about accomplishing.

You don't win 16-straight and then have TH come in, lose and suddenly declare, "Oh, it's meaningless anyway." **** that.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/lukin254/HERM.jpg YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!!!!

The game tonight is huge for both sides. And I liked Golloway's comment in the paper.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 10:19 AM
Winning the conference tournament is something that OSU should at least give a **** about accomplishing.

You don't win 16-straight and then have TH come in, lose and suddenly declare, "Oh, it's meaningless anyway." **** that.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/lukin254/HERM.jpg YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!!!!

The game tonight is huge for both sides. And I liked Golloway's comment in the paper.

Calm down man. I never said that they didnt give a **** about it. I said from a fans point a few, I would rather see them struggle in the Big 12 Tournament and play good in the NCAA tournament. Not the other way around. Take a look back at my comment.

As for the Golloway's comment, I dont think he was trying get a rude comment in. I think he was just trying to make a point and it came out the wrong way.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 04:16 PM
That one win out of 4 games against OSU sure made your season great last year didnt it? It is kind of like how you guys say beating OU in football makes our season great. ;)

Not at all the same. The reason we had a great year last year was because we were a couple of outs from Omaha. The score is relative to the last Big XII Tourney.

Try and keep up slappy.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 05:03 PM
Not at all the same. The reason we had a great year last year was because we were a couple of outs from Omaha. The score is relative to the last Big XII Tourney.

Try and keep up slappy.

I know what the score was relative to. I just think it is funny that you would bring that score up and forget about the other 3 games. Here is a reminder for you just in case you forgot.

Game 1 4-2
Game 2 7-0
Game 3 4-0

I am pretty sure I dont have to remind you of the scores this year.....slappy!;)

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 05:04 PM
I know what the score was relative to. I just think it is funny that you would bring that score up and forget about the other 3 games. Here is a reminder for you just in case you forgot.

Game 1 4-2
Game 2 7-0
Game 3 4-0

I am pretty sure I dont have to remind you of the scores this year.....slappy!;)Hey dillhole, did osu have a better season than OU, last year, in Baseball?

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 05:52 PM
Hey dillhole, did osu have a better season than OU, last year, in Baseball?

They were about even and when things are even you look at the head to head. We all know what happened when they went head to head. I am basing this off of the entire season. OSU's regular season record last year was 39-15 and OU's was 38-17. OSU's overall record was 41-20 and OU's was 44-22. They both made it into the NCAA tournament. OU went to a Super Regional and OSU didnt but OSU finished higher in the Big 12 conference. If you want to base it off of the post-season tournament then I guess you could say we did better in basketball because we made a tournament and OU didnt. If you want to get cheesy we could also say that we did better in football too because we won our bowl game and OU didnt (This one is kind of cheesy because football is a little different but I still had to use it). OU did make it to a super regional last year but your regional was not as tough as OSU's. You cannot base the success of an entire season off of one tournament. If a team barely made the NCAA tournament and somehow ended up winning it, I would not say they had a good season. I would probably say that they had below par regular season and had a great post-season effort. Baseball is too hard to judge.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 06:08 PM
They were about even and when things are even you look at the head to head. We all know what happened when they went head to head. I am basing this off of the entire season. OSU's regular season record last year was 39-15 and OU's was 38-17. OSU's overall record was 41-20 and OU's was 44-22. They both made it into the NCAA tournament. OU went to a Super Regional and OSU didnt but OSU finished higher in the Big 12 conference. If you want to base it off of the post-season tournament then I guess you could say we did better in basketball because we made a tournament and OU didnt. If you want to get cheesy we could also say that we did better in football too because we won our bowl game and OU didnt (This one is kind of cheesy because football is a little different but I still had to use it). OU did make it to a super regional last year but your regional was not as tough as OSU's. You cannot base the success of an entire season off of one tournament. If a team barely made the NCAA tournament and somehow ended up winning it, I would not say they had a good season. I would probably say that they had below par regular season and had a great post-season effort. Baseball is too hard to judge.Whatever, change the topic TWICE, OU won more games, went further in the NCAA and played Rice at RICE, in 105 weather with 90% humidity and was a couple of outs from Omaha.

WE, OU, my Alma mater, had a better season than osu!

It is you, to turn around your argument, that claims a great season for sweeping OU. While we CLEARLY had a better season.

Frickin aggie.

:rolleyes:

Have a :twinkies: for your tipical Poke BS.

We had a better season, period.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 07:01 PM
Whatever, change the topic TWICE, OU won more games, went further in the NCAA and played Rice at RICE, in 105 weather with 90% humidity and was a couple of outs from Omaha.

WE, OU, my Alma mater, had a better season than osu!

It is you, to turn around your argument, that claims a great season for sweeping OU. While we CLEARLY had a better season.

Frickin aggie.

:rolleyes:

Have a :twinkies: for your tipical Poke BS.

We had a better season, period.

Your regular season record was worse, you finished lower than us in the Big 12 Standings, and you only won more games because you played more games than we did. We actually won more regular season games. You played Rice in the Super Regional. Not the Regional. OSU's regional was harder than OU's. Give OSU the regional that OU had and things would have been different. Think what you want but I think WE, OSU, my alma mater had a better season than ou! Plain and simple!

King Crimson
5/25/2007, 07:28 PM
OSU's regional was harder than OU's. !

cry us a river.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 10:35 PM
Your regular season record was worse, you finished lower than us in the Big 12 Standings, and you only won more games because you played more games than we did. We actually won more regular season games. You played Rice in the Super Regional. Not the Regional. OSU's regional was harder than OU's. Give OSU the regional that OU had and things would have been different. Think what you want but I think WE, OSU, my alma mater had a better season than ou! Plain and simple!queer thought process. We won more, played more and had a better season.

but hey, you swept us, right? aggie.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 10:37 PM
queer thought process. We won more, played more and had a better season.

Think what you want. Too bad you cant say that for this season.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 10:51 PM
Think what you want. Too bad you cant say that for this season.is the season over dill hole? let's talk in two weeks. our season never has and never will hinge on you hicks.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 10:53 PM
is the season over dill hole? let's talk in two weeks. our season never has and never will hinge on you hicks.

OSU's season this year is already better than OU's. OU hasnt even made the tournament yet.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 10:58 PM
OSU's season this year is already better than OU's. OU hasnt even made the tournament yet.we're in twerp. don't choke on your "super, extra hard regional."

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 11:01 PM
we're in twerp. don't choke on your "super, extra hard regional."

OU is not for sure in. A loss tonight wont help them much either.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2007, 11:03 PM
OU is not for sure in. A loss tonight wont help them much either.whatever dude. we're in, today.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 11:05 PM
whatever dude. we're in, today.

Then why are the announcers saying that OU has a lot to play for because they are not in the tournament for sure? I guess you know more than they do.

Sooner24
5/25/2007, 11:20 PM
Then why are the announcers saying that OU has a lot to play for because they are not in the tournament for sure? I guess you know more than they do.

I'm sure he knows more then some sheep humper.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sure he knows more then some sheep humper.

Ha Ha! Sure!

Sooner24
5/25/2007, 11:42 PM
By the way who won? :D

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 11:48 PM
By the way who won? :D

OU did. Good job! You are 1 for 4 against us. That just made your season for you!

Sooner24
5/25/2007, 11:57 PM
No beating a team that hasn't won a game in a week is no big deal.

Mixer!
5/25/2007, 11:58 PM
There's a reason it's called the cowpoke choke.

OSUFAN11
5/25/2007, 11:59 PM
No beating a team that hasn't won a game in a week is no big deal.

Good thing for OU that OSU is in a slump! :) We all know what happens when OSU is playing the way they should.

picasso
5/26/2007, 12:04 AM
OU did. Good job! You are 1 for 4 against us. That just made your season for you!
yawn.

beating you over the head maybe.

picasso
5/26/2007, 12:05 AM
Good thing for OU that OSU is in a slump! :)
since Gary Ward.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/26/2007, 12:06 AM
When are you losurs gonna realize that the postseason is what actually matters?

SleestakSooner
5/26/2007, 12:13 AM
OSU's regional was harder than OU's. Give OSU the regional that OU had and things would have been different. Think what you want but I think WE, OSU, my alma mater had a better season than ou! Plain and simple!

There is no crying in baseball! :stunned:

TopDawg
5/26/2007, 12:18 AM
Awesome.

TopDawg
5/26/2007, 12:23 AM
Who knew Brent Parker was playing catcher for OSU?

Jello Biafra
5/26/2007, 12:45 AM
Calm down man. I never said that they didnt give a **** about it. I said from a fans point a few, I would rather see them struggle in the Big 12 Tournament and play good in the NCAA tournament. Not the other way around. Take a look back at my comment.

As for the Golloway's comment, I dont think he was trying get a rude comment in. I think he was just trying to make a point and it came out the wrong way.

hey, why don't you two stink pickles go play house somewhere else. we're busy talking shiite about how we beat you AGAIN when it all mattered. 3 of 4 or who ever gives a damn.....its all about post season baby........one day we'll beat you in womens calf roaping and then you red necks will be jumping out of the skyscrapers in downtown stillwater.....

in other words, hit the bricks......see ya next football season.

Paperclip
5/26/2007, 01:09 AM
Who knew Brent Parker was playing catcher for OSU?

Patrick Roy couldn't have stopped those pitches. That was all on Mercer.

OSUFAN11
5/26/2007, 02:10 AM
When are you losurs gonna realize that the postseason is what actually matters?

What post-season are you talking about? You havent won anything in the post-season yet and there is an NCAA tournament that has not been played yet.

OSUFAN11
5/26/2007, 02:12 AM
hey, why don't you two stink pickles go play house somewhere else. we're busy talking shiite about how we beat you AGAIN when it all mattered. 3 of 4 or who ever gives a damn.....its all about post season baby........one day we'll beat you in womens calf roaping and then you red necks will be jumping out of the skyscrapers in downtown stillwater.....

in other words, hit the bricks......see ya next football season.

I will say this again. Beating us didnt guarantee you anything. You still have to beat Baylor. If you dont win the Big 12 Championship then that 1 win out of 4 means nothing.

Big Red Ron
5/26/2007, 08:34 AM
I will say this again. Beating us didnt guarantee you anything. You still have to beat Baylor. If you dont win the Big 12 Championship then that 1 win out of 4 means nothing.Our OOC record, RPI, Most wins Vs. top 25 teams in the nation had us in, before the tourney ag.

We're playing for seeding at this point.

I hope your "regional isn't too hard" again.

I love how every time aggie sees a glimmer of hope that they won't always be second fiddle in Oklahoma they go an mess it up.:D

101sooner
5/26/2007, 08:36 AM
God I love the Poke Choke.

picasso
5/26/2007, 08:47 AM
I will say this again. Beating us didnt guarantee you anything. You still have to beat Baylor. If you dont win the Big 12 Championship then that 1 win out of 4 means nothing.
it guaranteed that it will make you and your Poke brethren sick to the stomach.

Big Red Ron
5/26/2007, 08:51 AM
it guaranteed that it will make you and your Poke brethren sick to the stomach.I'm surprised that none of them jumped off the parking garage.

OSUFAN11
5/26/2007, 09:02 AM
Our OOC record, RPI, Most wins Vs. top 25 teams in the nation had us in, before the tourney ag.

We're playing for seeding at this point.

I hope your "regional isn't too hard" again.

I love how every time aggie sees a glimmer of hope that they won't always be second fiddle in Oklahoma they go an mess it up.:D

If you guys dont beat Baylor today then your win against us last night was pointless. It just gave you a false sense of hope. How in the hell can we be playing second fiddle to you guys when we have beaten you 3 out of 4 times and we have a higher rank and better record? OU is playing second fiddle to OSU this year in baseball so far and OU will have to go pretty far in the NCAA tournament for me to believe that they had a better season than OSU. OU beats us one time out of 4 and all of the sudden OU is better than OSU? Give me a break! You have to be nuts to think that. That win should not have even happened last night. Mercer choked and threw the ball like a Pee Wee ball player two times in a row. I will give OU credit though. They did have 6 earned runs. It is kind of like when OU flubbed up in the final ****** game of the regular season. All of you OU fans were talking about how we were equal because we should not have even won that game because they had two costly errors at third base. Stuff happens but that does not change the fact that OSU is a better team this year. The record proves it.

picasso
5/26/2007, 09:09 AM
If you guys dont beat Baylor today then your win against us last night was pointless. It just gave you a false sense of hope. How in the hell can we be playing second fiddle to you guys when we have beaten you 3 out of 4 times and we have a higher rank and better record? OU is playing second fiddle to OSU this year in baseball so far and OU will have to go pretty far in the NCAA tournament for me to believe that they had a better season than OSU.
we've got scoreboard. look in the mirror, you Poke wankers perfected this logic vs. us in football.

Big Red Ron
5/26/2007, 09:10 AM
If you guys dont beat Baylor today then your win against us last night was pointless. It just gave you a false sense of hope. How in the hell can we be playing second fiddle to you guys when we have beaten you 3 out of 4 times and we have a higher rank and better record? OU is playing second fiddle to OSU this year in baseball so far and OU will have to go pretty far in the NCAA tournament for me to believe that they had a better season than OSU.I ment, second fiddle, in general you orange clad butt dart champion. For example, I have friends who couldn't get in to OU, out of HS but they could get in to OSU. See, over all.

Like I said, look at who we beat this year and the records. We've played 11 of the current top 25 a total of 25 times and our record is 15-10, best in the nation. We're in, win or lose tonight.

OSUFAN11
5/26/2007, 09:15 AM
I ment, second fiddle, in general you orange clad butt dart champion. For example, I have friends who couldn't get in to OU, out of HS but they could get in to OSU. See, over all.

Like I said, look at who we beat this year and the records. We've played 11 of the current top 25 a total of 25 times and our record is 15-10, best in the nation. We're in, win or lose tonight.

I never said you were not in. I just said that it was not for sure. I figured OU would be able to get in just because of their RPI. Last nights win against OSU sealed the deal for OU.

BTW, you mentioned the teams you beat but you forget to mention some of the teams you lost to.

Big Red Ron
5/26/2007, 09:19 AM
I never said you were not in. I just said that it was not for sure. I figured OU would be able to get in just because of their RPI. Last nights win against OSU sealed the deal for OU.

BTW, you mentioned the teams you beat but you forget to mention some of the teams you lost to.We had a slump, it happens, see OSU's current 6 game losing streak.

Fact is we've beaten more top 25 teams than any other team in the nation. They reward teams for that type of stuff and stuff.

OSUFAN11
5/26/2007, 09:22 AM
We had a slump, it happens, see OSU's current 6 game losing streak.

Fact is we've beaten more top 25 teams than any other team in the nation. They reward teams for that type of stuff and stuff.

I am not saying that you didnt beat a lot of top 25 teams but you didnt beat OSU(a top 25 team) in the regular season. OU has had a slump and luckily that had it earlier. I wish OSU would slump earlier in the year.

Big Red Ron
5/26/2007, 09:25 AM
I am not saying that you didnt beat a lot of top 25 teams but you didnt beat OSU(a top 25 team) in the regular season. OU has had a slump and luckily that had it earlier. I wish OSU would slump earlier in the year.I think OU will be a higher seed in the NCAA too. Looks like another super duper, tough regional for the highlighter orange from middle of nowhere. ;)

TopDawg
5/26/2007, 09:31 AM
Patrick Roy couldn't have stopped those pitches. That was all on Mercer.

I know they were both recorded as WPs, but that first one went right through the five hole.

SleestakSooner
5/26/2007, 09:56 AM
I am not saying that you didnt beat a lot of top 25 teams but you didnt beat OSU(a top 25 team) in the regular season. OU has had a slump and luckily that had it earlier. I wish OSU would slump earlier in the year.

OK... a few posts ago you wrote that the conference championship was not considered post-season play and now all of a sudden it's not regular season play either? Make up any old **** you want, your clown orange sheep humpers choked another one off when it counts the most. We here in Sooner land love to watch it happen time and time again. Sure, we got swept in the series previously. Sure we were on the way to another humiliating loss. And for damn sure, we didn't blow a six run lead in the 8th and 9th innings to bow out of the tournament championship in disgrace with a humiliating loss to a team we should have beaten!

2-0 Baby! Bring on da Bears!

Paperclip
5/26/2007, 05:08 PM
A&M beats K-State, Texas beats Nebraska. A&M wins the pool and plays the OU-Baylor winner tomorrow.

King Crimson
5/26/2007, 05:52 PM
any chance i can stream tonight's game that isn't on pay yahoo?

i saw soonersports has a gamecast, but that's a middling experience.

TopDawg
5/26/2007, 07:41 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why Fox Sports Southwest spent all day showing us games from the Southeastern Conference tournament.

bri
5/26/2007, 07:48 PM
any chance i can stream tonight's game that isn't on pay yahoo?

i saw soonersports has a gamecast, but that's a middling experience.

I'm gonna give this (http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=big12&sport=m-basebl) a whirl tonight, but I cannot vouch for its quality.

And TD, I think it's because Fox Sports Southwest is actually a misnomer. Every time I watch them, I'm reminded that they're actually Fox Sports Retard. So, from that standpoint, it makes sense.

TopDawg
5/26/2007, 08:10 PM
Every time I watch them, I'm reminded that they're actually Fox Sports Retard. So, from that standpoint, it makes sense.

Good point.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1532389_36_2.jpg

bri
5/26/2007, 08:18 PM
that dude just looks like as soon as the cameras go off, they hand him a sippy cup and a "participant" ribbon.

Sooner24
5/26/2007, 08:29 PM
Missouri run ruled OSU 13-1.

Nice rebound for the Cowboys tonight after last nights lose. :D

oumartin
5/26/2007, 08:31 PM
but he still has a better gig than most on here.

bri
5/26/2007, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't get carried away. He's half a step above a local weekend sports anchor.

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2007, 08:56 PM
Good point.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1532389_36_2.jpg

HI, I'M RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIC RENNER!!!

bri
5/26/2007, 09:02 PM
Well crap, BU jumps out to a quick 2-0 lead with one out in the top of the first. Making it worse is the fact that CSTV is streaming the Baylor radio call. :mad:

oumartin
5/26/2007, 09:28 PM
Heck I am watching the game on channel 9.

Boarder
5/26/2007, 10:03 PM
What station is it?

oumartin
5/26/2007, 10:10 PM
channel 9,

Sooner24
5/26/2007, 10:17 PM
5-0 Baylor. Boy I wish Missouri had won last night.

Boarder
5/26/2007, 10:21 PM
7-0

oumartin
5/26/2007, 10:32 PM
oh well, at least we're not OSU fans

SoonerDood
5/26/2007, 10:48 PM
:stunned: yall ain't gittin' in no turnament now! can't rely on rpi to get you in! yall should beat up on Ark-Pine Bluff and SWOSU like we do!:stunned:

bri
5/26/2007, 10:57 PM
oh well, at least we're not OSU fans

But doesn't thinking like that make us aggy?

Boarder
5/26/2007, 11:00 PM
That and a strange attraction to farm animals.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 11:53 AM
we're in twerp. don't choke on your "super, extra hard regional."

You sure about that???? Kind of funny how I didnt see OU's name on the in any regional. HAHAHAHAHA! Looks like that Cowboys had a better season than the poor sooners and OSU's isnt even over yet!

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 12:01 PM
Well, maybe we should use the okoe like model and play cup cakes in the OOC season, saving our arms for Big XII.

We should be in and you know it.

Oh, well

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 12:06 PM
Well, maybe we should use the okoe like model and play cup cakes in the OOC season, saving our arms for Big XII.

We should be in and you know it.

Oh, well

I told you so! You should have listened to me. That win against us in the Big 12 tournament gave you guys a false sense of hope. A lot of good it did you!

Paperclip
5/28/2007, 12:18 PM
To quote Jack Spade, "It proves we can beat a girl and some midgets."

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 12:20 PM
To quote Jack Spade, "It proves we can beat a girl and some midgets."

So what does that make you since you have the inferior team?

Paperclip
5/28/2007, 12:25 PM
I think Jordy just hit the mascot.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 12:32 PM
I told you so! You should have listened to me. That win against us in the Big 12 tournament gave you guys a false sense of hope. A lot of good it did you!No, going 15-10 against the top 25 did (best record in the country). A win against you guys didn't do squat for my sense of hope. We got screwed. The highest RPI team not to make it.

Now, that this season is over. How's your football team gonna do? 6-6 or 5-7. If Bobby Reid can figure out how th play QB you might win 7.

Or did you schedule another cupcake OCC schedule?

:twinkies:

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 12:57 PM
No, going 15-10 against the top 25 did (best record in the country). A win against you guys didn't do squat for my sense of hope. We got screwed. The highest RPI team not to make it.

Now, that this season is over. How's your football team gonna do? 6-6 or 5-7. If Bobby Reid can figure out how th play QB you might win 7.

Or did you schedule another cupcake OCC schedule?

The season is not over. In case you didnt hear....OSU got in the tournament.

As for football, I dont know how OSU is going to do next year. I think they can do better than they did last year but I am not going to act like I know. It is too early to tell. I mean you acted like you knew OU was for sure in the tournament and now look. LOL! Since all you have to look forward to now is football, why dont you try to figure out how you are going to do with a raw QB.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 12:58 PM
No, going 15-10 against the top 25 did (best record in the country)

3 of those losses came from a superior OSU team.

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 01:00 PM
I said several weeks ago that OU would have to win the toruney to make it to the Field of 64. Ufortunately, we didn't do that and was not extended an invite. Coach Golloway also said that a team with below a .500 record in the Bigf 12 didn't deserve a slot in the Field of 64. maybe OU deserved a spot but maybe the committee heard what Coach Golloway said and they used his words against his own team.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 01:03 PM
I said several weeks ago that OU would have to win the toruney to make it to the Field of 64. Ufortunately, we didn't do that and was not extended an invite. Coach Golloway also said that a team with below a .500 record in the Bigf 12 didn't deserve a slot in the Field of 64. maybe OU deserved a spot but maybe the committee heard what Coach Golloway said and they used his words against his own team.

It was between OU and Baylor I think and Baylor got the nod after they beat OU and made it to the Big 12 Championship.

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 01:05 PM
OU/BU doesn't matter, It was the losses to the lke of KSU, KU and TT that cost the Sooners critical W's down the stretch.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 01:06 PM
OU/BU doesn't matter, It was the losses to the lke of KSU, KU and TT that cost the Sooners critical W's down the stretch.

True but I think it was between those two teams at the end.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 01:06 PM
I said several weeks ago that OU would have to win the toruney to make it to the Field of 64. Ufortunately, we didn't do that and was not extended an invite. Coach Golloway also said that a team with below a .500 record in the Bigf 12 didn't deserve a slot in the Field of 64. maybe OU deserved a spot but maybe the committee heard what Coach Golloway said and they used his words against his own team.:twinkies:

We deserved it. Period. **** happens. Baseball is my 4th favorite Sooner sport and it sucks but hey, **** happens.

Enjoy your regional. Maybe you'll get out of it or maybe your losing streak will continue? Either way, I don't care.

We had a better season last year, you this. We'll see next year.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 01:10 PM

We deserved it. Period. **** happens. Baseball is my 4th favorite Sooner sport and it sucks but hey, **** happens.

Enjoy your regional. Maybe you'll get out of it or maybe your losing streak will continue? Either way, I don't care.

We had a better season last year, you this. We'll see next year.

I feel good about our regional but if OSU keeps playing like they have been, they wont do anything.

Sooner24
5/28/2007, 01:16 PM
Funny how the sheep humpers stayed away when they went 0-3 in the Big 12 and didn't show back up until we didn't make NCAA tournament.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 01:21 PM
Funny how the sheep humpers stayed away when they went 0-3 in the Big 12 and didn't show back up until we didn't make NCAA tournament.Well, they are a classy bunch. For a bunch of sheep humpers, I mean.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 01:21 PM
Funny how the sheep humpers stayed away when they went 0-3 in the Big 12 and didn't show back up until we didn't make NCAA tournament.

I was on here right after OU beat us and we knew that our Big 12 Championship hopes were over. Nice try though.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 01:23 PM
Well, they are a classy bunch. For a bunch of sheep humpers, I mean.

Funny how you say this when the announcers were talking about how bad the Sooners looked after their game against OSU. They showed no class at all after that game.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 01:28 PM
Funny how you say this when the announcers were talking about how bad the Sooners looked after their game against OSU. They showed no class at all after that game.Well losing two games by one run will fo that to ya but I don't listen to whiney, "cowboys." So, whatever.

Paperclip
5/28/2007, 01:42 PM
Six game losing streak. Aggie-ing away a sure win vs. your hated rival. Not even showing up and getting run-ruled to complete a nice 0-3 tourney. Your season may be extended, but it's sure likely OU will have a more recent win by the time it's all over.

Paperclip
5/28/2007, 01:49 PM
Funny how you say this when the announcers were talking about how bad the Sooners looked after their game against OSU. They showed no class at all after that game.

Who, Rex Holt? Please. A team that was buried in a game came back to score 5 in the 9th. Yeah, those teams never celebrate. :rolleyes:

Sooner24
5/28/2007, 01:52 PM

I was on here right after OU beat us and we knew that our Big 12 Championship hopes were over. Nice try though.

I didn't say you weren't on here crying after we beat you guys. Learn to comprehend what you read. Oh wait you’re an OSU fan and that's not possible. :rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 05:05 PM
I didn't say you weren't on here crying after we beat you guys. Learn to comprehend what you read. Oh wait you’re an OSU fan and that's not possible. :rolleyes:

I understood what you wrote but why would I be on here after we lost the third game? It would have been dumb to post something about OSU-Missouri on here. Besides, I was out of town at the time.

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 06:39 PM
Mizzou did smoke your *** didn't they! They put some bar-b-que sauce on ya and smoked ya good!! HUMILIATING but great to watch from the roof though.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 07:18 PM
Mizzou did smoke your *** didn't they! They put some bar-b-que sauce on ya and smoked ya good!! HUMILIATING but great to watch from the roof though.who cares?

I think the NCAA made a mistake putting a team on a 6 game losing streak in while leaving out the team with the most top 25 victories.

It's over, done. We'll be good next year.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 07:38 PM
who cares?

I think the NCAA made a mistake putting a team on a 6 game losing streak in while leaving out the team with the most top 25 victories.

It's over, done. We'll be good next year.

OSU won most of the games that they should have won. OU didnt. OSU knew they were in before the tournament even started. OU was a question mark entering the tournament. OU probably deserved to be in instead of Nebraska but that is the way it goes sometimes.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 07:40 PM
Mizzou did smoke your *** didn't they! They put some bar-b-que sauce on ya and smoked ya good!! HUMILIATING but great to watch from the roof though.

Missouri did smoke us. We didnt match up that well against Missouri each time we played them. It is sad that we were good enough to get in the tournament with a 6 game losing streak and OU couldnt even get in when they were playing good baseball. ;)

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 07:49 PM
OSUFAN11, Now I know why OSU fans are hated so much. You come on an OU forum and TRY o rub it in. Saying you don't match up well agsinst Mizzouand they smke ya 4 times. Well, maybe OU doesn't match up well with you. Yet, there is not one OU fan that is giving any excuses.

Why don't you waddle on back to Robert Allen's pig pen FORUM and every sooner fan on this site will root for the Creighton on Friday and then Albany on Saturday and your season will be done.

Don't be a smart ***, go back in the fields and check on your wheat or are you a pig farmer?

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 08:05 PM
OSUFAN11, Now I know why OSU fans are hated so much. You come on an OU forum and TRY o rub it in. Saying you don't match up well agsinst Mizzouand they smke ya 4 times. Well, maybe OU doesn't match up well with you. Yet, there is not one OU fan that is giving any excuses.

Why don't you waddle on back to Robert Allen's pig pen FORUM and every sooner fan on this site will root for the Creighton on Friday and then Albany on Saturday and your season will be done.

Don't be a smart ***, go back in the fields and check on your wheat or are you a pig farmer?

Not a farmer but just to let you know....a lot of farmers make good money, they just work really hard for it. I just checked your profile and noticed that you were retired. How is McDonald's retirement treating you?

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 08:06 PM
When you schedule a bunch of cupcakes for your OOC schedule, sure your gonna win some games. Our slump hurt us more than yours.

OSUFAN11
5/28/2007, 08:07 PM
When you schedule a bunch of cupcakes for your OOC schedule, sure your gonna win some games. Our slump hurt us more than yours.

True, but like I said before, you lost to teams that you should not have too much.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 08:10 PM
True, but like I said before, you lost to teams that you should not have too much.The slump I refered to.

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 09:02 PM
There ya go again, OSU fans can't be happy with who they are, they got play that one-ups-manship on OU people.

I know farmers make good money, I expect everyone to work hard for their money. PIG farmers at the SWINE BARN in Stollwater make good money too.

Ad being retired is fun. I worked hard for my degree, invested well and inherited well. So what's wrong with being retired?

OSUFAN11
5/29/2007, 06:59 AM
There ya go again, OSU fans can't be happy with who they are, they got play that one-ups-manship on OU people.

I know farmers make good money, I expect everyone to work hard for their money. PIG farmers at the SWINE BARN in Stollwater make good money too.

Ad being retired is fun. I worked hard for my degree, invested well and inherited well. So what's wrong with being retired?

Nothing is wrong with it. I was just joking around and asking how the mcdonald's retirement was. It was a joke. I guess you didnt catch that!

BTW, I am happy with what I do. I was just taking up for farmers because your post seemed to be talking about farming like it was a bad thing.

picasso
5/29/2007, 10:51 AM
again, oSu used to be baseball school. not anymore.

congrats on getting into the tourney.

burp.

OSUFAN11
5/29/2007, 03:01 PM
again, oSu used to be baseball school. not anymore.

congrats on getting into the tourney.

burp.

OU should be good next year in baseball. OSU will be hurting unless they have some hidden talent.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/29/2007, 04:48 PM
Hey Gooner, he isn't a farmer. He just installs sprinklers in buildings.

OSUFAN11
5/29/2007, 05:38 PM
Hey Gooner, he isn't a farmer. He just installs sprinklers in buildings.

Ha Ha...you still havent figured out what a fire safety engineer does? Let me educate you on some of the things I do.

-Advise architects, builders, and other construction personnel on fire prevention equipment and techniques, and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.

-Develop training materials, and conduct training sessions on fire protection.

-Prepare and write reports detailing specific fire prevention and protection issues such as work performed and proposed review schedules.

-Consult with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.

-Design fire detection equipment, alarm systems, and fire extinguishing devices and systems.

-Determine causes of fires, and ways in which they could have been prevented.

-Direct the purchase, modification, installation, maintenance, and operation of fire protection systems.

-Inspect buildings or building designs to determine fire protection system requirements and potential problems in areas such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.

-Develop plans for the prevention of destruction by fire, wind, and water.

You can try to degrade my job all you want but I am very proud of what I do.

SOONER STEAKER
5/29/2007, 07:02 PM
I have no problem with what you do. Sounds like a very rewarding job. You should have helped with our secondary a coupe years ago. The got burned all the time on the deap ball.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/29/2007, 07:36 PM
Ha Ha...you still havent figured out what a fire safety engineer does? Let me educate you on some of the things I do.

You can try to degrade my job all you want but I am very proud of what I do.

And you have yet to determine what sarcasm is.

Jello Biafra
5/29/2007, 09:16 PM
And you have yet to determine what sarcasm is.

yup....that quality education up at stillwaterU and still can't anticipate the punch lines....

SOONER STEAKER
6/7/2007, 03:58 PM
Blake Beavin, OU signee, selected in 1st Round by the Texas Rangers.

Not able to start theads so I thought I would plae it here.

Collier11
6/7/2007, 04:24 PM
There was an Owasso kid picked no.18 out of HS by my Cards

SOONER STEAKER
6/7/2007, 04:53 PM
That would be Peter Kozma. Hit game winning HR in state championship game. Peter was going to Wichita State.

OSUAggie
6/8/2007, 04:23 PM
Kozmo's a stud (obviously).

Saw him play several times; probably the best to come out of Owasso since Turner has been there.