PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Lindys...

Blue
5/22/2007, 06:28 PM
*****SPOILER ALERT**********

They've got us at 10. ut at 5.
My only issue- No Reggie or Marcus in Top safeties or cornerbacks position. They have our defensive backfield ranked high, just not individuals.

Sorry if this has been posted.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 06:36 PM
*****SPOILER ALERT**********

They've got us at 10. ut at 5.
My only issue- No Reggie or Marcus in Top safeties or cornerbacks position. They have our defensive backfield ranked high, just not individuals.

Sorry if this has been posted.

sweetness......it'll be all the much sweeter when we steal those homeowning bastard's cornbread.....

Blue
5/22/2007, 06:41 PM
They give ut the nod due to QB, which I can't say is an outrageous position.

Boomer.....
5/22/2007, 06:41 PM
#10 huh. Well, it's better than #17 like in 2000. :)

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 06:46 PM
They give ut the nod due to QB, which I can't say is an outrageous position.

i'd say it is........we'll see how good he is when they take him in the locker room at the cotton bowl during half time to treat his ruptured labia.....he just thought his neck hurt during the a&m game...

everyone can love the glamore positions of running back and wr and tight end and the likes but if you're missing three of your big dummies up front, you're missing a bunch.

snp
5/22/2007, 06:55 PM
UT isn't hurting for offensive lineman. They'll reload fine up front.

Right now, they have a huge advantage at QB.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 06:58 PM
i'd say it is........we'll see how good he is when they take him in the locker room at the cotton bowl during half time to treat his ruptured labia.....he just thought his neck hurt during the a&m game...

everyone can love the glamore positions of running back and wr and tight end and the likes but if you're missing three of your big dummies up front, you're missing a bunch.

ok....unless im missing something(not like i know the depth chart of these homos)

they lost blalock, sendlein and studdard (heh :) ) thats the absolute middle of the line. they have a returning sophmore in ultoski and a 3 year starter in hills at RT. selvin young (lol you know) and tweedie are gone......mccoy doesn't exactly have the prime offsensive talent around him right now and if HE goes down......well they have ummmmm then there's uuuuhhhh..... heh

Blue
5/22/2007, 07:00 PM
Another little bs tidbit... OSU's Adarius Bowman ranked way ahead (AA for that matter) of Malcolm Kelly.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 07:02 PM

Right now, they have a huge advantage at QB.

first, theres a difference between reloading and filling holes. if the backups were not starting in front a true freshman last year, they had better pick up the pace. mack isn't exactly patient with anything less than perfect. (see: sims VS. applewhite)

second, experience is the only thing mccoy has over about 60% of the starting qbs in the big XII. lets see what he does when he doesn't have the protection he was afforded last year. i won't say he was running for his life against us last year but he was running.....a bunch most of the year.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 07:03 PM
Another little bs tidbit... OSU's Adarius Bowman ranked way ahead (AA for that matter) of Malcolm Kelly.

EVERYONE likes the jump ball.

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 08:07 PM
EVERYONE likes the jump ball.

What does that have to do with Bowman being ranked ahead of Malcolm?

Blue
5/22/2007, 08:20 PM
*******LINDY TOP 15 SPOILER********

15.TCU
14.Arkansas
13.Ohio St.
12.California
11.Florida-major drop....
10.OU
9. Louisville- give me a break
8. V-Tech- good D, but ****ty O. Sympathy pick
7. Tennessee
6. Wisconsin
5.Texas
4. West Virginia
3. Michigan
2. LSU
1. USC

bixby28
5/22/2007, 08:36 PM
Why the heck is Texas ranked #5 ?

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 08:37 PM
What does that have to do with Bowman being ranked ahead of Malcolm?

he's a poor mans dwayne jarrett with the exception of jarrett doing his magic against decent teams.

all you basically have to do with jarrett is get the ball in the vicinity and he will come down with it. same with bowman. little to no difference. you don't have qbs that can be considered acurate enough to do anything other than heave in the direction of adrian bowman....

and to finish my statement, kelly is surrounded by mucho talent and a great story in last year's qb. they are looking for a preseason AA right? kelly doesn't have a qb on campus right now that has even thrown a pass in a college contest yet...see the point? i win AGAIN. you lose AGAIN.

Octavian
5/22/2007, 08:46 PM
7. Tennessee

umm.....no

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 08:49 PM
umm.....no

exactly and i predict wisconsin will be out of the top 10 by week 5.

illinisooner
5/22/2007, 09:29 PM
I don't get Michigan at #3, sure they've got an offense, but who is coming back on defense?

Blue
5/22/2007, 09:32 PM
I don't get Michigan at #3, sure they've got an offense, but who is coming back on defense?

Big 10 champs in a down year and a cupcake schedule.

snp
5/22/2007, 09:35 PM
exactly and i predict wisconsin will be out of the top 10 by week 5.

Washington State
@UNLV
The Citadel
Iowa
MSU

They're not losing any of those games.

Twice in a row Wisconsin has a pathetic ooc schedlue. They also play NIU.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 09:53 PM
Washington State
@UNLV
The Citadel
Iowa
MSU

They're not losing any of those games.

Twice in a row Wisconsin has a pathetic ooc schedlue. They also play NIU.

eh.... i say they have 50 - 50 on either michigan state (im assuming thats michigan state) and iowa don't ya think?

Blue
5/22/2007, 10:00 PM
V-Tech loses week 2 in Baton Rouge.

KingDavid
5/22/2007, 11:01 PM

Spoken like someone who never played offensive line.

You do not "RELOAD" a lineman like you do a running back or a wide-out. Or even a QB. Even if the new players are superior in talent, there is absolutely no substitute for "in-game" experience when it comes to timing/execution on blocking assignments in the trenches. Even the remaining two will suffer because they'll carry more responsibility for helping the noobs with assignments, etc. It takes its toll on performance/focus when you're having to help a new lineman get on the right block, rather than focus on your own assignment.

I agree with you that Texas has the big advantage at QB . . . but I would not be surprised at all to see McCoy struggle this year. I think last year's performance is going to set him up to disappoint a lot of people this year, including himself. And the reason: you can't just RELOAD three NFL caliber linemen who have had three years of working together.

OSUAggie
5/23/2007, 12:15 AM
he's a poor mans dwayne jarrett with the exception of jarrett doing his magic against decent teams.

all you basically have to do with jarrett is get the ball in the vicinity and he will come down with it. same with bowman. little to no difference. you don't have qbs that can be considered acurate enough to do anything other than heave in the direction of adrian bowman....

and to finish my statement, kelly is surrounded by mucho talent and a great story in last year's qb. they are looking for a preseason AA right? kelly doesn't have a qb on campus right now that has even thrown a pass in a college contest yet...see the point? i win AGAIN. you lose AGAIN.

Other than the fact that Bowman has the worst ball skills I've ever seen from a talented WR, you make a wonderful point. Unfortunately, the entire premise of your point is based on the fact that Bowman can "go get it." He can't. He will, however, take a 5-yard slant to the house with people bouncing off of him. That's where he shines. Not so much the case when you "throw it up" to him.

You do not "RELOAD" a lineman like you do a running back or a wide-out. Or even a QB. Even if the new players are superior in talent, there is absolutely no substitute for "in-game" experience when it comes to timing/execution on blocking assignments in the trenches. Even the remaining two will suffer because they'll carry more responsibility for helping the noobs with assignments, etc. It takes its toll on performance/focus when you're having to help a new lineman get on the right block, rather than focus on your own assignment.

I agree with you that Texas has the big advantage at QB . . . but I would not be surprised at all to see McCoy struggle this year. I think last year's performance is going to set him up to disappoint a lot of people this year, including himself. And the reason: you can't just RELOAD three NFL caliber linemen who have had three years of working together.

The corn people managed to reload on the o-line for about 35 years without much of a problem.

goingoneight
5/23/2007, 12:47 AM
A fresh offensive line doesn't equal an aggy season. Especially when you're Texas. Remember OUr supposed "weak" offensive line coming into 2006? I seem to remember that being the brighter of the two lines OU produced in all of 2006. I can tell you all of those great running backs appreciated it as well.

So Texas lost a few good 'erns... don't they have about 10-15 other 300-pounders waiting? There is also a such thing as rotation, those AA Offensive Linemen didn't play every snap of ever season at UT. Texas has never had a problem along the OL as long as :mack: has been there. Defense? That's where they need to be concerned. As we found out in 2006, no matter how many points your offense scores, a weak defense still drops losses. We "lost" to a 6-7 Oregon team, for cryin' out loud. We should have killed them. OUr "weak" OL dominated them, but OUr defense went balls-deep on them.

Mark my words... the only losses Texas suffers in 2007 are--

a) the games Colt McCoy can't keep up with in a shoot-out
or b) the number of games he misses.

If he's healthy, they're a threat... like it or not. And that's the non-crimson glasses opinion.

snp
5/23/2007, 01:28 AM
V-Tech loses week 2 in Baton Rouge.

Speaking of which, Ryan Perriloux continues to give us something to laugh at - suspended indefinitely.

boomersooner28
5/23/2007, 05:13 AM
I wanna join the big least..I mean east

Jello Biafra
5/23/2007, 06:28 AM
The corn people managed to reload on the o-line for about 35 years without much of a problem.

until recently.....

also a big difference between drive blocking for 5 yards and pass blocking......big big difference.

XingTheRubicon
5/23/2007, 09:38 AM

Heh, exactly.

Go back in history and look at the records of top programs when they're "reloading" from losing 2 or more NFL caliber O lineman.

Seamus
5/23/2007, 01:27 PM

Damn, now I'm wiping spit off my desk and monitor http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

caphorns
5/23/2007, 01:48 PM
A fresh offensive line doesn't equal an aggy season. Especially when you're Texas. Remember OUr supposed "weak" offensive line coming into 2006? I seem to remember that being the brighter of the two lines OU produced in all of 2006. I can tell you all of those great running backs appreciated it as well.

So Texas lost a few good 'erns... don't they have about 10-15 other 300-pounders waiting? There is also a such thing as rotation, those AA Offensive Linemen didn't play every snap of ever season at UT. Texas has never had a problem along the OL as long as :mack: has been there. Defense? That's where they need to be concerned. As we found out in 2006, no matter how many points your offense scores, a weak defense still drops losses. We "lost" to a 6-7 Oregon team, for cryin' out loud. We should have killed them. OUr "weak" OL dominated them, but OUr defense went balls-deep on them.

Mark my words... the only losses Texas suffers in 2007 are--

a) the games Colt McCoy can't keep up with in a shoot-out
or b) the number of games he misses.

If he's healthy, they're a threat... like it or not. And that's the non-crimson glasses opinion.

Not exactly right about the Texas OL history. We haven't had problems since McWorter has been coaching the line under Mack. Before that, I remember Simms getting crushed pretty regularly.

That said, our OL did poorly last year in run blocking - despite the talent. This was not all scheme related. We had too many execution busts particularly in goalline situations. I don't expect us to get better along the line immediately, but this was just not one of our better units overall last year. The guard spot is the biggest concern and there's no doubt that we are going to see some drop off in talent at that position. OU will be particularly tough because you have high quality DTs. I'm really grateful ya'll had so much attrition in your Front 7 or we'd be dead meat.

By the way, I'm not sure what makes anyone think Colt is going to get hurt and I haven't been on soonerfans in so long that I'm not sure who's running this zoo. But if it helps you sleep better at night, fine. Sounds pretty aggy to me.

arenateam
5/23/2007, 03:10 PM
hmmmm

AlabamaSooner
5/23/2007, 04:43 PM
Blue, where'd you get your copy in ATL?

Jello Biafra
5/23/2007, 04:46 PM
Not exactly right about the Texas OL history. We haven't had problems since McWorter has been coaching the line under Mack. Before that, I remember Simms getting crushed pretty regularly.

That said, our OL did poorly last year in run blocking - despite the talent. This was not all scheme related. We had too many execution busts particularly in goalline situations. I don't expect us to get better along the line immediately, but this was just not one of our better units overall last year. The guard spot is the biggest concern and there's no doubt that we are going to see some drop off in talent at that position. OU will be particularly tough because you have high quality DTs. I'm really grateful ya'll had so much attrition in your Front 7 or we'd be dead meat.

By the way, I'm not sure what makes anyone think Colt is going to get hurt and I haven't been on soonerfans in so long that I'm not sure who's running this zoo. But if it helps you sleep better at night, fine. Sounds pretty aggy to me.

and you think he's not going to get hurt.....why? we had a heisman winner go down twice untouched.....yours has a tendency to be a bone head and tries to do everything himself to prove to your fan base how good of a gamer he is.....go ahead argue your position.

btw, this place may be a zoo...but it's OUR zoo. go find a nice long game of hide and go fugg yourself, WHOREn.

Blue
5/23/2007, 04:57 PM
Blue, where'd you get your copy in ATL?

At an Eckerds in Alpharetta...and it's an SEC edition. It still has National stuff in the front though..

AlabamaSooner
5/23/2007, 05:08 PM
At an Eckerds in Alpharetta...and it's an SEC edition. It still has National stuff in the front though..

Awesome, thanks. The "hunt" is always fun, but things are busy right now so at least I'll have an idea now. :-p

Jello Biafra
5/23/2007, 09:28 PM
We had too many execution busts particularly in goalline situations. I don't expect us to get better along the line immediately, but this was just not one of our better units overall last year. The guard spot is the biggest concern and there's no doubt that we are going to see some drop off in talent at that position. OU will be particularly tough because you have high quality DTs. I'm really grateful ya'll had so much attrition in your Front 7 or we'd be dead meat.

wow this post by you is looking far worse than it did earlier this afternoon right?

as far as the execution busts statement goes.....you mean they were getting their deekholes kicked in right? far less talented teams smoking you guys right? as i recall, you guys were pretty anemic against us in every stat except scoreboard......

yup. can't wait for the cotton bowl this year....

goingoneight
5/23/2007, 11:14 PM

1. It is a situational statement. If Freshmen McBackup has to play Baylor... you guys will be fine. But if, and learn to read preseason stuff as "IF,"
BTW... 'IF' McCoy goes down with a sprained ankle or takes another cheap shot or something... yes-- it IS possible to get hurt in a contact sport... you guys will be hurting. You admittedly don't have a ground game capable of winning ball games, am I right?

2. Call me aggy when you're on a rival board trying to sound superior is, well... aggy. Get the picture?

:rolleyes:

SoonerSinger3
5/24/2007, 12:53 AM
this post has gotten out of control!!!! haha!! but i love it

texas is texas people...they're o-line won't be as good, but it will be good enough. us OU fans just need to focus on our team and forget about those shorthorns...but it is nice to imagine Granger or Lofton hitting McCoy so hard like this http://youtube.com/watch?v=oRTfztaioQ0

KingDavid
5/25/2007, 02:31 AM

True. But then again, every football program in their entire state, starting with diaper-free POP WARNER football at age 3, was running the same three-play offense. Kind of flattens out the learning curve a bit, don't you think?

Rogue
5/28/2007, 06:01 AM
Plus the Bugeater "walk-on program." Biggest crock of crap I've ever had shoved across the TV at me. It was flat-out cheating, but since Dr. Tom was in charge and there was only friendly media within 6 bajillion cornfields of Lincoln, they never got caught. Why would a 300 lb. maneating lineman that could start on any program in the country would "walk-on" and pay his own way to NU for a year instead of taking a full-ride somewhere else?

AlbqSooner
5/28/2007, 06:14 AM
Plus the Bugeater "walk-on program." Biggest crock of crap I've ever had shoved across the TV at me. It was flat-out cheating, but since Dr. Tom was in charge and there was only friendly media within 6 bajillion cornfields of Lincoln, they never got caught. Why would a 300 lb. maneating lineman that could start on any program in the country would "walk-on" and pay his own way to NU for a year instead of taking a full-ride somewhere else?
They didn't pay their own way. They received grants-in-aid.

stoopified
5/28/2007, 08:04 AM
Is it kickoff time yet?As for Bowman being a jumpball type reciiever so what?If you watched PT and Kelly at all this year you saw PT throw it up high and often short and Kelly went and got it.Kelly was Paul's security blanket.The key play in the Fiesta Bowl IMHO was Kelly getting hurt.PT threw several high and short JUMPBALLS after that which were incomplete or intercepted on plays Kelly would've made.