PDA

View Full Version : I can't find my book.

Howzit
5/22/2007, 10:46 AM
I had it last night and now it's gone.

Any ideas?

Hatfield
5/22/2007, 10:56 AM
crisper drawer in the fridge?

Czar Soonerov
5/22/2007, 10:57 AM
Check by the toilet.

olevetonahill
5/22/2007, 11:01 AM
Bottom of the Bird cage

1stTimeCaller
5/22/2007, 11:04 AM
What's the book about?

Oldnslo
5/22/2007, 11:07 AM
Under the mattress with the rest of the pron.

Howzit
5/22/2007, 11:10 AM
Crisper drawer was the first place I checked...duh.

Negatory on the toilet(s).

No bird cage to check, but excellent idea, O' Nattied one.

It's titled American Gods and is fiction about the Gods brought to America by immigrants being under attack by our new Gods...like TV and fast food and prono.

Who needs hard copy pron with teh innerwebs?!?!?

This is getting srsly people...I have to go to work.

1stTimeCaller
5/22/2007, 11:13 AM
under the pillow? behind the mattress next to the wall? suitcase? next to Gideon's Bible?

colleyvillesooner
5/22/2007, 11:14 AM
Doleo borrowed it when he "stopped by" while you were at work yesterday. ;)

GottaHavePride
5/22/2007, 11:18 AM
American Gods? by Neil Gaiman? I stole it. I've been meaning to read it for a while.

Beef
5/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Can you have secks on it?

olevetonahill
5/22/2007, 11:22 AM
I meant MY birdcage, Dip**** .;)

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 11:33 AM
Crisper drawer was the first place I checked...duh.

Negatory on the toilet(s).

No bird cage to check, but excellent idea, O' Nattied one.

It's titled American Gods and is fiction about the Gods brought to America by immigrants being under attack by our new Gods...like TV and fast food and prono.

Who needs hard copy pron with teh innerwebs?!?!?

This is getting srsly people...I have to go to work.

If you can't find it, I'll loan you my copy. Good stuff.

MamaMia
5/22/2007, 11:39 AM
Where did you last see it? :D

sooneron
5/22/2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.educationworld.com/a_books/images/space_elf.jpg

Howzit
5/22/2007, 12:10 PM
Yes, that American Gods. And yes, it was good stuff.

The last place I saw it was by my bed. It's not under the covers, not under a pillow, not under the mattress, not under the bed.

:mad:

Widescreen
5/22/2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah, right. Like Howzit owns a book. :rolleyes:

crawfish
5/22/2007, 12:50 PM

The last place I saw it was by my bed. It's not under the covers, not under a pillow, not under the mattress, not under the bed.

Did you look up your ***?

(btw, American Gods is a fantastic book. Anansi Boys, not a sequel but a similar-themed book, is also great. "Stardust" is another great one by Gaiman, with the movie coming out this summer. )

OzarkSooner
5/22/2007, 12:58 PM
It will be in the last place you look, unless you find it and keep looking.

;)

Mjcpr
5/22/2007, 01:00 PM

Those aren't pillows!!

LoyalFan
5/23/2007, 12:43 AM
Do you occasionally "Sleepsnack"? Does your breath smell like ink?

LF

soonerboomer93
5/23/2007, 02:42 AM
I had it last night and now it's gone.

Any ideas?

sorry, ran out of terlit paper...

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 02:47 AM
Psst:

Shadow is Odin's son. However, it turns out that there's multiple Odins-the one Shadow knows is the Odin of the Vinland Vikings. Shadow's wife is a big whore. Shadow gains wisdom by hanging from Yggdrasil for nine days, after which he becomes a true badass and figures out that Odin and Loki were bringing about this war between gods to increase their own power.

BajaOklahoma
5/23/2007, 04:28 AM

There's your problem. Look by the bed - not in it, under it or on top of it.
Did it fall between the nightstand & the bed? My cat has a new game and is knocking everything off of tables and everythig else she can reach. :mad:

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2007, 06:56 AM
do you people really think that Howzit can read?

Joke's on you!!!

Howzit
5/23/2007, 08:49 AM
It was under the nightstand. The one I looked under elevnty brazilian times. :mad:

Mike Rich, I hereby rescind your Count of Baconshipness.

picasso
5/23/2007, 09:00 AM
here it is!!!!!!
http://gaymart.com/shopbook/4full/bk251.jpg

picasso
5/23/2007, 09:08 AM
So, as gay men get older, they stand up straighter and dress better?
and have better window treatments.

anyway Howzit, it's Hairy4LIFE's fault. I saw him reading your book in the golf cart. I told him to give it back to you.

your welcome.

Viking Kitten
5/23/2007, 10:20 AM
This American Gods book sounds vaguely heretical. Also, anything recommended by Froze, GHP and Howzit is most likely a winner. So I just ordered it off Amazon. Howzit, when you lose yours again, you can borrow mine.

TexasLidig8r
5/23/2007, 10:32 AM
here it is!!!!!!
http://gaymart.com/shopbook/4full/bk251.jpg

Nice bow tie on the one on the righ... uh... WAIT A SECOND!!!! :mad:

Howzit
5/23/2007, 10:46 AM
This American Gods book sounds vaguely heretical. Also, anything recommended by Froze, GHP and Howzit is most likely a winner. So I just ordered it off Amazon. Howzit, when you lose yours again, you can borrow mine.

Just read the ex-Count of Baconshipness' spoiler and you can cancel your order...

Viking Kitten
5/23/2007, 10:48 AM
It was properly spoil tagged. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Howzit
5/23/2007, 10:51 AM
Motion to reinstate title Count of Bacon denied.

OU4LIFE
5/23/2007, 11:14 AM
Hey, what's metamucil?

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 11:49 AM
It was under the nightstand. The one I looked under elevnty brazilian times. :mad:

Mike Rich, I hereby rescind your Count of Baconshipness.

I was just trying to help just in case you didn't find the book. Sorry.:(

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 11:50 AM

Extremely heretical. You might enjoy Stardust as well by the same author. Soon to be a major motion picture.

Howzit
5/23/2007, 12:09 PM
I was just trying to help just in case you didn't find the book. Sorry.:(

Eh...no worries, I was just kidding. I will have forgotten everything by tomorrow anyway.

;)

crawfish
5/23/2007, 12:20 PM
Extremely heretical. You might enjoy Stardust as well by the same author. Soon to be a major motion picture.

Actually, I didn't find it that heretical. The brilliant part was how the gods were metaphorical of the multicultural origins of America. The idea of new versions of ancient gods immersed in Americana was a stroke of genius.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 12:21 PM
Well, it's heretical if you take the view that the "No gods before me" line rules out the existence of other gods. ;)

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 12:21 PM
Eh...no worries, I was just kidding. I will have forgotten everything by tomorrow anyway.

;)

Can I be Count of Bacon and Gravy again?

crawfish
5/23/2007, 12:26 PM
Well, it's heretical if you take the view that the "No gods before me" line rules out the existence of other gods. ;)

It's just fiction, dude. As heretical as reading old greek myths. :)

Oh, and I get to be the Count of Gravy. You can't have it. :mad:

crawfish
5/23/2007, 12:33 PM
For the record, if anybody REALLY wants heretical, read Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy. The first book, "The Golden Compass", is due in theaters this summer. I can't believe Christian groups haven't already gone ballistic over it.

Widescreen
5/23/2007, 12:36 PM
For the record, if anybody REALLY wants heretical, read Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy. The first book, "The Golden Compass", is due in theaters this summer. I can't believe Christian groups haven't already gone ballistic over it.
The media hasn't made a big deal of it yet. When they start pumping it up, it'll become a controversy.

crawfish
5/23/2007, 12:50 PM
The media hasn't made a big deal of it yet. When they start pumping it up, it'll become a controversy.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know why the books are so heretical:

God ends up being a toothless, insane old man and dies in the most pathetic way possible. The real power is an angel named Metatron, who desires to enslave all of humanity forever. Heaven is a place where the dead are tormented by harpies.

Phillip Pullman has written the anti-Narnia here. A very overt twisting of Christianity as an evil force.

I anticipate lots of outrage. :)

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2007, 01:36 PM
I knew Megatron was more powerful!

http://cs.georgefox.edu/~aliljen/transformers/images/megatron.gif

Widescreen
5/23/2007, 05:15 PM
Oh, and if anyone wants to know why the books are so heretical:

God ends up being a toothless, insane old man and dies in the most pathetic way possible. The real power is an angel named Metatron, who desires to enslave all of humanity forever. Heaven is a place where the dead are tormented by harpies.

Phillip Pullman has written the anti-Narnia here. A very overt twisting of Christianity as an evil force.

I anticipate lots of outrage. :)
Well if that's what it's about, I'm going to be hard-pressed to get upset about it. That's so off-kilter that it's clearly fiction. Davinci Code was worse because the implication was that it was true. Metatron? Sounds like shades of L. Ron Hubbard.

crawfish
5/23/2007, 05:21 PM
Well if that's what it's about, I'm going to be hard-pressed to get upset about it. That's so off-kilter that it's clearly fiction. Davinci Code was worse because the implication was that it was true. Metatron? Sounds like shades of L. Ron Hubbard.

I'm not up in arms about it...just marveling a bit at Pullman's gumption. Metatron is actually an ancient name taken from the Midrash (which were 4th-century BC Jewish "commentaries" on the OT books - which included non-canonical traditions and legends).

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I was about to say. Metatron is a pretty common bit of lore. The best explanation of Metatron was in Dogma-God is so powerful that his Voice has an embodiment.