PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Wilburys news

Paperclip
5/22/2007, 10:36 AM
I'm more than a little excited about this.

March 20, 2007, 5:40 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
After being out of print for more than a decade, the two studio albums from all-star band the Traveling Wilburys will return to the marketplace in a variety of formats June 12 via Wilbury Records/Rhino, Billboard.com has learned.

"Traveling Wilburys Volume 1" and "Traveling Wilburys Volume 3" will be available together in one package with bonus tracks and a DVD of rare footage, as a deluxe linen-bound edition, a vinyl set and a digital bundle. The DVD boasts a 24-minute documentary and five music videos.

The Wilburys formed in 1988 after Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison assembled at a California studio to record a B-side for the Harrison single "This Is Love."

The resulting song, "Handle With Care," was instead released under the Wilburys name, with the artists posing as a band of brothers. It went on to reach No. 45 on the Billboard Hot 100, while the "Volume 1" album hit No. 3 on The Billboard 200. The reissued version of the album includes the previously unreleased tracks "Maxine" and "Like a Ship."

Orbison died in late 1988 before a second album could be completed; it was eventually released as "Volume 3" in 1990. The set is expanded here with the B-side "Runaway" and "Nobody's Child," which was released on a benefit album for Romanian orphans.

Find this article at:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003560481

crawfish
5/22/2007, 10:37 AM
I always like that first album. Never heard the other, though.

SoonerStormchaser
5/22/2007, 11:02 AM
"End of the Line" is one of my favorite songs...

Mjcpr
5/22/2007, 11:04 AM
"End of the Line" is one of my favorite songs...

Johnny Cash was greatness.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, end of the line

Paperclip
5/22/2007, 11:09 AM
Johnny Cash was greatness.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, end of the line

I hate you right now.

OU4LIFE
5/22/2007, 11:20 AM
I hate her later on this afternoon.

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 11:28 AM
Awesome. These are two albums that I unfortunately have illegal copies of, and I hope to rectify the situation ASAP. Hope these are released on SACD.

Paperclip
6/12/2007, 09:41 PM
I picked this up today. 21 bucks at Best Buy. This music is greatness!

King Crimson
6/12/2007, 11:16 PM
go buy a roy orbison greatest hits and dylan's bringing it all back home, blonde on blonde or highway 61.

YWIA.

OUAndy1807
6/12/2007, 11:26 PM
go buy a roy orbison greatest hits and dylan's bringing it all back home, blonde on blonde or highway 61.

YWIA. basement tapes. you get Dylan AND the Levon and the Hawks (or The Band as everyone else calls them.)

King Crimson
6/12/2007, 11:43 PM
basement tapes. you get Dylan AND the Levon and the Hawks (or The Band as everyone else calls them.)

under that apple suckling tree, oh yeah.

Widescreen
6/13/2007, 12:19 AM
Bought the 1st CD when it initially came out. Good stuff. They were a lot better than most supergroups.

King Crimson
6/13/2007, 12:26 AM
Bought the 1st CD when it initially came out. Good stuff. They were a lot better than most supergroups.

i'll grant you that most "supergroups" suck--the Blind Faith record is not that good, Audioslave is plodding---the Wilburys are not a supergroup.

it's a bunch of Jeff Lynne songs.

to me, if you want to grant "rock" authority to any of these guys....and enjoy their music as formative....the better stuff is not the TW.

TW's are cute and OK.

Scott D
6/13/2007, 11:06 AM
but are they cuddly? :D