PDA

View Full Version : McCain vs Romney

jk the sooner fan
5/22/2007, 07:49 AM
so Mitt Romney has previously stated that he's been a life long hunter....yet the 4 states he's lived in report that he's never had a hunting license whatsoever.....he only recently joined the NRA this past august.....in response to questions, Romney says that he normally only hunts rodents and rabbits "small varmints".....

he also had the problem of having had some illegal guatemalan's working on his yard

so McCain is now accusing Romney of being a flip flopper on immigration issues and says

"maybe he should get his small varmint gun and chase the guatemalans off his lawn"

i'm not a big McCain fan, but thats brilliant!

1stTimeCaller
5/22/2007, 08:01 AM
politicians don't make the best hunters. Dick Cheney shoots a man in the face, George Bush shoots a killdee (or klldeer whatever you call it) on a quail hunt, Kerry or Gore goes to get a hunting license and says something like 'I need to get me one of them there licenses'.

It's OK if you are not a hunter. It's not so good if you are not a truth teller.

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 08:04 AM
Well, to be fair to Mitt, with $250 million in the bank he probably just pays a Guatemalan to hunt for him.

picasso
5/22/2007, 08:48 AM
if you're a member of Congress I doubt you need a permit for anything.

TUSooner
5/22/2007, 08:52 AM
Lying is bad; yes it is. But it's excessive concern over chicken$h!t issues like this that results in the election of shallow, crappy presidents like W and Clinton.

jk the sooner fan
5/22/2007, 08:56 AM
well i'm pretty sure McCain was responding to a question posed to him with his own sense of humor......

but, the pandering to different voting blocks - like the NRA, by trying to pretend to be a gun loving hunter is indeed stupid

but then again, our politicians are a mere reflection of the people that put them in office.......stupid is as stupid does

1stTimeCaller
5/22/2007, 08:59 AM
I'm just concerned as to why he would lie about something as petty as him being a hunter.

Hell, make the lie believable i.e 'As a kid I really enjoyed hunting but as I got older and entered the workforce and started a family I have not had time to go.'

crawfish
5/22/2007, 09:03 AM
Well, to be fair to Mitt, with $250 million in the bank he probably just pays a Guatemalan to hunt for him.

You'd think, with $250 million, he'd be able to afford legal workers. :)

usmc-sooner
5/22/2007, 09:07 AM
You'd think, with $250 million, he'd be able to afford legal workers. :)

or at least Mexicans:D

Hatfield
5/22/2007, 09:07 AM
uhmmm how do you think he amassed the 250 million ;)

usmc-sooner
5/22/2007, 09:09 AM
I probably wouldn't vote for a Mormon anyways.

frankensooner
5/22/2007, 09:18 AM
His religion is of no concern to me, the fact he is named after a baseball glove I find annoying! ;)

Plus, "Mitt Romney" is just a tounge twister.

JohnnyMack
5/22/2007, 09:28 AM
I'm voting for that d00d from The Hunt For Red October, so this thread is worthless to me.

picasso
5/22/2007, 09:31 AM
I'm voting for that d00d from The Hunt For Red October, so this thread is worthless to me.
he's in the new HBO flick about Wounded Knee.

and he once dated Lorrie Morgan. not bad for an ugly, bald old man.

Ike
5/22/2007, 10:21 AM
I'm just concerned as to why he would lie about something as petty as him being a hunter.

Hell, make the lie believable i.e 'As a kid I really enjoyed hunting but as I got older and entered the workforce and started a family I have not had time to go.'

Why they lie about hunting (and other petty things)? I'm pretty sure it's because the risk of lying is less than the risk of telling the truth. If they've never shot a gun, and come out and say "No, I've never shot a gun, and I really just don't feel the need to", the NRA might get all uppity and send around flyers telling everyone that joe so-so will take away all of their gun rights, so don't vote for him. Whereas if they lie about it, when they get caught people might make a joke about it, but nobody is gonna make too big a stink over it.

Each party has roughly defined the qualities they want in their presidential candidates (the pubs a bit more than the dems, IMO). Thats unfortunate, or at least I think so, because then you get candidates who spend all their time trying to show you why they are "that guy" rather than showing you who they are and why they are a great person to elect.

crawfish
5/22/2007, 10:33 AM
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

DAMN THE ESTABLISHMENT!!!

JohnnyMack
5/22/2007, 11:00 AM
he's in the new HBO flick about Wounded Knee.

They made a movie about Jason White? Man they are hurtin' for ideas now that the Soprano's is over, aren't they?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/22/2007, 11:15 AM
It's prolly going to be Rudy or Thompson for the repubs, anyway.

Jimminy Crimson
5/22/2007, 02:58 PM
I'm a fan of both McCain and Rudy.

Always good seeing the candidates in Oklahoma, though.