PDA

View Full Version : i need a drink

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 09:43 PM
stressful week

1. my son graduated high school

2. my grandmother's alzheimer's is progressing and she needs to be put in a nursing home NOW and I have no idea what I'm doing - my granddad is going crazy because my grandmother is MEAN

3. my dad is here from alabama, i haven't seen him since 2000

4. I have a stupid custody thing coming up in about a month and don't have an attorney yet

5. i lost at poker tonight

anyone have any attorneys they can suggest in OKC area? seriously..my ex owes me a whole bunch of back child support and money for dental bills and that's all I can offer as payment..can't afford a big retainer. And i need help with the nursing home thing too..I have no idea how to go about this.

sanantoniosooner
5/21/2007, 09:50 PM
stressful week

2. my grandmother's alzheimer's is progressing and she needs to be put in a nursing home NOW and I have no idea what I'm doing - my granddad is going crazy because my grandmother is MEAN

4. I have a stupid custody thing coming up in about a month and don't have an attorney yet

anyone have any attorneys they can suggest in OKC area? seriously..my ex owes me a whole bunch of back child support and money for dental bills and that's all I can offer as payment..can't afford a big retainer. And i need help with the nursing home thing too..I have no idea how to go about this.
You don't need the money to support your gambling habit do you?;)

SoonerGirl06
5/21/2007, 09:51 PM
stressful week

My sister lives in Moore and is the Executive Director of a long term care facility in the area. She could help you with figuring out what type of care your mom may need and how to go about getting it for her.

PM me if you'd like her information.

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 09:53 PM
no, i was going to offer it as payment for attorney fees.

my last attorney says I owe him $3900 even though he FORGOT to ask for attorney fees at the original hearing. Half the $3900 he says I owe is for prepping for a motion for attorney fees and the other half is for talking to my ex's attorney - my ex refused to call his attorney because he was ordered to pay back child support and his attorney was doing a motion to withdraw. he never paid the back child support and my attorney wouldn't do a contempt of court citation. so i don't think i owe anything :mad:

Jerk
5/21/2007, 09:54 PM
There's an attorney named Candi Pate in OKC. She normally does oil and gas stuff but my wife used her for a child support case and she went after the "father" like a wild rabbid dog.

Soonerus
5/21/2007, 09:57 PM
Tricky turf finding the right domestic relations attorney...never heard of Pate....

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 09:58 PM
There's an attorney named Candi Pate in OKC. She normally does oil and gas stuff but my wife used her for a child support case and she went after the "father" like a wild rabbid dog.

i need someone mean that will make him pay all the back stuff. he's a freaking doctor and he can afford it, he's just an *******. the custody thing is stupid. my son is over 18 and just graduated high school and my daughter wants to move back in with me..she's 14 so she can choose. my last attorney was too passive with everything except charging me for phone calls and emails.

SoonerGirl06
5/21/2007, 10:06 PM
Check you PM... I just sent you some info.

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 10:07 PM
thank you very much..I will do that tomorrow! I'd like to get something done this week..I already warned my coworkers and my boss that I might need to take a few days off to get this done.

olevetonahill
5/21/2007, 10:20 PM
Hows about we say a few prayers for you and your family .
Good luck

SoonerGirl06
5/21/2007, 10:25 PM
thank you very much..I will do that tomorrow! I'd like to get something done this week..I already warned my coworkers and my boss that I might need to take a few days off to get this done.

You're gonna be in great hands.

Prayers are with you and your family.

Hang in there!

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 10:27 PM
Good luck

that'll work too..thank you guys

slickdawg
5/21/2007, 10:38 PM
Good luck

Always the best idea!

IN!

oumartin
5/21/2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry its been a hard week. Prayers.

your son sure made you proud though. What did you get him ? a new car?

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 10:50 PM
Sorry its been a hard week. Prayers.

your son sure made you proud though. What did you get him ? a new car?

I got him a car, but it's not new.

and I gave him some cash. He got a full scholarship for college including room & board, so that will be a big help!

oumartin
5/21/2007, 10:59 PM
awesome!

tommieharris91
5/21/2007, 11:44 PM

A little advice: Don't play unless your mind is clear, and don't play with money you dont have.

Jimminy Crimson
5/21/2007, 11:53 PM
..can't afford a big retainer.

Do I need to have a chat with Larry? :texan:

SleestakSooner
5/21/2007, 11:53 PM

I am sorry, if I knew it was you I would have folded before I caught that flush on the river :(

But seriously, good luck with everything sounds like you could use some.

OUDoc
5/22/2007, 08:28 AM
i need someone mean that will make him pay all the back stuff. he's a freaking doctor and he can afford it, he's just an *******.
I thought there were laws in Oklahoma that made it easier to collect on back child support.
Sorry he's an *******. Must be a surgeon. :D

olevetonahill
5/22/2007, 11:17 AM
Post his phone numbers .:D

sooneron
5/22/2007, 11:46 AM
Congrats on the kid's graduation!

What'll ya have?

http://www.go2hr.ca/Portals/0/imagebank/bartender.jpg

ChickSoonerFan
5/22/2007, 02:06 PM
SEE!!! that is why I did not let my dad stay with me!!

Sorry about your week, mine is kind of crazy too...wish we could go get that drink.

Okla-homey
5/22/2007, 07:31 PM
stressful week

You is waaay to youthful lookin' and purdy to have a youngun' graduating HS. I refuse to believe it.

Now, on that dead beat punk of an ex-husband of yours...two words, "income assignment." Any lawdawg worf a dang in the state of OK oughtta be able to hook it up.

soonerbrat
5/22/2007, 11:28 PM
I thought there were laws in Oklahoma that made it easier to collect on back child support.
Sorry he's an *******. Must be a surgeon. :D

ER

soonerbrat
5/22/2007, 11:32 PM
update

1. my daughter graduated from 8th grade tonight

2. my dad is leaving tomorrow morning. he wanted to take the cat that I adopted in March but I told him NO

3. the social worker from the nursing home is meeting me at my grandparents' house tomorrow morning - employee assistance program at work did a lot of the groundwork for me on this

4. still no attorney, but a couple of people know people and have given me some phone numbers of attorneys that can help me.

soonerbrat
5/22/2007, 11:34 PM
Oh..and sooneron...i'll have a mojito!!

goingoneight
5/22/2007, 11:43 PM
Congrats on the kid's graduation!

What'll ya have?

http://www.go2hr.ca/Portals/0/imagebank/bartender.jpg

Say... is that the Drunkytown Pub and Grille? :D