PDA

View Full Version : NM D. Governor Bill Richardson announces today his POTUS candidacy!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/21/2007, 02:14 PM
YOU GO, BILL!

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 02:17 PM
Sweet. If you're not being sarcastic, we agree on this one. He's got my vote.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 02:23 PM
You have a link? CNN doesn't have anything on their front page.

Never mind, found it. SWEEEET!

5/21/2007, 02:26 PM
Sweet. If you're not being sarcastic, we agree on this one. He's got my vote.He MIGHT get my Dem. primary vote. I heard it on radio news. I think he announced at a speech somewhere.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 02:27 PM
Seriously, how great would a debate between Richardson and Thompson be?

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 02:34 PM
I barely know anything about him, so he's by far the most attractive candidate on either side at this point. :cool:

5/21/2007, 02:37 PM
Giuliani will be repub. nominee UNLESS he continues to go along with the new illegals amnesty bill. If he continues to back it, he's toast. I don't know how Thompson views that surrender bill.

85Sooner
5/21/2007, 02:39 PM
Seriously, how great would a debate between Richardson and Thompson be?

It wouldn't even be close. I lived in NM with Richardson. The run will not be long I predict.

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 02:41 PM
Giuliani will be repub. nominee

From Giuliani's web site:

Marriage is between one man and one woman.

The end of that sentence must have accidentally been deleted: at a time.

:D

5/21/2007, 02:47 PM
He's positioning to auction off his $ and support to Clinton who will name him ambassador to Uganda, asst secretary of bullsh!t or special envoy to the 2010 Mexico City peace talks.Could be. He would be too visble a target for Arkancide, IMO.

royalfan5
5/21/2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=61164

Here is a link to the announcement.

C&CDean
5/21/2007, 02:59 PM
He was on Leno a while back. A whole lotta "meh." I'm surprised anybody is seriously considering this guy. He was plain yogurt. Vanilla with no sugar. Nobody on the left will ever vote for him. He's not sexy, he isn't well-spoken, he sounds pathetically boring, he probably doesn't **** around on his wife, he's not a chick or a wannabe muslim, and he can't play a sax. Toast.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 03:00 PM
On the other hand, he's extremely well-qualified and has actual, cogent positions on the issues.

Dio
5/21/2007, 03:03 PM
On the other hand, he's extremely well-qualified and has actual, cogent positions on the issues.

In other words: He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nod from either party.

C&CDean
5/21/2007, 03:05 PM

WTF does that have to do with anything? Nobody votes for someone that's cogent. They vote for the person with the most superfluous bull****. Or a gimmick. Or chutzpah. Or a big dick. Especially your side.

soonerscuba
5/21/2007, 03:07 PM
WTF does that have to do with anything? Nobody votes for someone that's cogent. They vote for the person with the most superfluous bull****. Or a gimmick. Or chutzpah. Or a big dick. Especially your side.

Ronald Reagan.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 03:08 PM

Well, I'm voting for him. ;)

We'll see how it plays out. Remember, the Republicans are seriously talking about running a guy whose major recognition comes from playing the DA on Law and Order.

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 03:08 PM
Ronald Reagan.

And Ahnold.

royalfan5
5/21/2007, 03:09 PM
He was on Leno a while back. A whole lotta "meh." I'm surprised anybody is seriously considering this guy. He was plain yogurt. Vanilla with no sugar. Nobody on the left will ever vote for him. He's not sexy, he isn't well-spoken, he sounds pathetically boring, he probably doesn't **** around on his wife, he's not a chick or a wannabe muslim, and he can't play a sax. Toast.
Despite the name, he is of Mexican descent. So he has that going for him.

Mjcpr
5/21/2007, 03:10 PM

We'll see how it plays out. Remember, the Republicans are seriously talking about running a guy whose major recognition comes from playing the DA on Law and Order.

Why does nobody remember Roseanne?

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 03:11 PM

I liked him Days of Thunder, too.

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 03:12 PM
Despite the name, he is of Mexican descent.

Bill Richardson
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton

Just how we like our minority candiates to be: as white and as male as possible. :D

Scott D
5/21/2007, 03:12 PM

I think you answered your own question Clark ;)

C&CDean
5/21/2007, 03:30 PM

Jewlianee was on L&O? Who knew?

47straight
5/21/2007, 03:41 PM
He's not of mexican descent, he's of spanish descent. Ask any 20th generation new mexican about the difference.

The primary qualifications of New Mexico public office are how much more energy/military/native american pork can you get shoved back into the state.

Oh yeah, and he runs a dang leaky ship as Secretary of Energy. Though letting scientists at los alamos take home hard drives of nuke information is par for the course when your boss is letting chinese generals sleepover in the lincoln bed room.

5/21/2007, 04:25 PM
The primary qualifications of New Mexico public office are how much more energy/military/native american pork can you get shoved back into the state.

Oh yeah, and he runs a dang leaky ship as Secretary of Energy. Though letting scientists at los alamos take home hard drives of nuke information is par for the course when your boss is letting chinese generals sleepover in the lincoln bed room.WTF, Take That Back! Folks, he didn't say that!

noleamite
5/21/2007, 04:32 PM
WTF does that have to do with anything? Nobody votes for someone that's cogent. They vote for the person with the biggestdick. Especially your side.

Hillary wins going away if this is the criteria. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2007, 04:45 PM
I bet he is Al Sharpton's man...;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2007, 04:46 PM
He's not of mexican descent, he's of spanish descent. Ask any 20th generation new mexican about the difference.

Oh yeah, and he runs a dang leaky ship as Secretary of Energy. Though letting scientists at los alamos take home hard drives of nuke information is par for the course when your boss is letting chinese generals sleepover in the lincoln bed room.

Will he name Sandy Burglar is VEEP?

Scott D
5/21/2007, 04:53 PM
I bet he is Al Sharpton's man...;)

that'd be Ann Coulter ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2007, 05:00 PM
that'd be Ann Coulter ;)

I'd think Coulter would vomit...or would that mean she'd turn inside out? ;)

Sharpton would be for him I would think as Barak would steal his limelight and Hillary can't be trusted...

Scott D
5/21/2007, 05:28 PM
I'd think Coulter would vomit...or would that mean she'd turn inside out? ;)

Sharpton would be for him I would think as Barak would steal his limelight and Hillary can't be trusted...

Obviously you haven't paid attention to the next Washington power couple.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/sargmon/sharpton.jpg

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 05:31 PM

They would be no more of an odd couple than James Carville and Mary Matalin...okay, maybe just a little bit more odd.

Jerk
5/21/2007, 06:05 PM
God bless Ronald Reagan! He scared the Soviet Union into bancruptcy, creamated his two kook democrat opponents, destroyed the power of the labor unions, and best yet, still makes liberals upset at just the thought of him today!

royalfan5
5/21/2007, 06:09 PM
God bless Ronald Reagan! He scared the Soviet Union into bancruptcy, creamated his two kook democrat opponents, destroyed the power of the labor unions, and best yet, still makes liberals upset at just the thought of him today!
Of course the Soviets might have went bankrupt much sooner if Nixon and Kissinger hadn't have propped them up through liberal use of P.L. 480.

Jerk
5/21/2007, 06:15 PM
Of course the Soviets might have went bankrupt much sooner if Nixon and Kissinger hadn't have propped them up through liberal use of P.L. 480.
It seems as if we have to give food aid to alot of communist countries so their people won't starve. Or maybe I'm hallucinating because I'm sure somewhere they've found their utopian dream. I mean, as many times as it has been tried and all.

royalfan5
5/21/2007, 06:24 PM
It seems as if we have to give food aid to alot of communist countries so their people won't starve. Or maybe I'm hallucinating because I'm sure somewhere they've found their utopian dream. I mean, as many times as it has been tried and all.
We did get paid for the grain though, but if we hadn't exported it, as well as providing loans/grants for other things, the Soviets may have crumbled in the 1970's. This leaves out the distorting effects that the policy had on United States agriculture. The farmers really got sold a ****ty bill of goods by the Nixon, Ford, and Carter administrations.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2007, 03:30 PM

Man, I missed that!

Was this after his Mormon mea culpa mission?