PDA

View Full Version : Tettlton comments on Bonds and CHEATING

stoopified
5/21/2007, 08:21 AM
On the Blitz last hight former veteran all star catcher Mickey Tettlton was a guest in studio and had some INTRESTING things to say about BONDS,BASEBALL AND CHEATING.He said that Barry was never one of his favorite people but that no asteriks should be placed on his records.He further stated that during his major league career he caught TWO Hall of Fame pitchers who cut the baseball.He also said that cheating was cheating wether it was cut baseballs or steroids.

I don't like Barry,nevr have because of his public persona.Beyond soundbytes I don't know the guy.This I do know however he ain't the only player to cheat.Just as Pete Rose is not the only less than moral high profile player,Bonds is not the only ALLEGED cheater in baseball.To my knowledge Bonds has NEVER tested positive for steroids and therefore never been suspended for it.Batters cork bats ,use steroids and pitchers cut baseballs,use foriegn substance on the ball and use steroids too.Everyone needs to get over this Barry is a CRIMINAL mindset.If alleged low morals or cheating keeps Bonds OR Rose out of THE Hall Of Famethen all alleged cheaters,less than Moral types already in should be tossed.Just saying that ALL PLAYER past or present should be held to the same standards.Singling one or two guys out and saying they don't belong because they are cheaters or less than moral is a travestyIMHO.Apparently Mickey agrees at least on Bonds.

boomersooner28
5/21/2007, 02:15 PM
Dis is true. Do I think Bonds took roids. Yes. Do I think he is a hall of famer, most definitely. Cheating in baseball has gone on since it's inception, not that it's right, but like you said, Bonds is not the first to cheat, not the only, and won't be the last. People want to persecute Bonds, but who's to say that the pitchers pitching to him aren't on roids?

The whole thing gives baseball a huge black eye. MLB needs to get itself together. I really could care less about MLB at this point.

Scott D
5/21/2007, 02:59 PM
that first post made my head hurt.

arenateam
5/23/2007, 03:15 PM
Bonds = roids.

:texan:

Scott D
5/23/2007, 03:40 PM
Bonds = roids.

:texan:

Clemens = offseason roider

snp
5/24/2007, 11:29 AM
Dis is true. Do I think Bonds took roids. Yes. Do I think he is a hall of famer, most definitely. Cheating in baseball has gone on since it's inception, not that it's right, but like you said, Bonds is not the first to cheat, not the only, and won't be the last. People want to persecute Bonds, but who's to say that the pitchers pitching to him aren't on roids?

And that makes it legal that Bonds took steroids how?

Also, there is a huge difference in the eyes of the law between spitting on a baseball and taking illegal drugs. You can't equate the two.

soonerinabilene
5/24/2007, 01:23 PM
Whether or not he has taken steroids, one thing about barry is this- he sees the baseball better than any hitter has. They dont make a steroid for the eye, or for hand-eye coordination.

snp
5/24/2007, 03:49 PM
No but steroids help get the bat around quicker so he can have that luxury of waiting longer than most.

Scott D
5/24/2007, 05:18 PM
that's ok SNP, Steroids let Roger stick around long after his fastball should be nowhere near 93 mph.

snp
5/24/2007, 06:32 PM
He's on doughnuts, nut drugs.