PDA

View Full Version : OU Wimmin's to host NCAA Super Regional in Norman

Big Red Ron
5/21/2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=202&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2733&ATCLID=898261

Woot

Dates and times of OU’s Super Regional should be released on Monday. It will mark the first time Oklahoma has hosted a Super Regional since the new format began three years ago.

We won't have to leave town once to win it all..

Remember what happened the last time they won the National Championship?

:pop:

bri
5/21/2007, 12:37 AM
They got rings?

Big Red Ron
5/21/2007, 12:44 AM
They got rings?Didn't they?

Big Red Ron
5/21/2007, 12:44 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=202&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&SPSID=2733&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=106993

boomersooner28
5/21/2007, 03:46 AM
Remember what happened the last time they won the National Championship?

:pop:

Not the only champeenship won dat year! :)

Great sign!

jrsooner
5/21/2007, 05:18 AM
Dates and times of OU’s Super Regional should be released on Monday. It will mark the first time Oklahoma has hosted a Super Regional since the new format began three years ago.I'm holding off on the jumping up and down until the official word is given today. Remember, we should have been hosting the regionals and they shipped us off to Massachusetts. NCAA is supposed to give the official word on the location and teams today. The only thing that could be up in the air is the location.

Either way, I'm smelling World Series for the girls in OKC!

SoonerInKCMO
5/21/2007, 01:49 PM
Wait. I thought the NCAA hated OU - that's why they sent the OU women to Amherst for the regional. Do they not hate OU any longer?

The NCAA is so confusing to me. :confused:

jrsooner
5/21/2007, 03:15 PM
This is the best part.... ESPN!!!! Per the softball website.

SCHEDULE
Saturday, May 26
Oklahoma vs. DePaul 11 a.m. (ESPN)

Sunday, May 27
Oklahoma vs. DePaul 12 p.m. (ESPN)

If necessary
Oklahoma vs. DePaul 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Salt City Sooner
5/21/2007, 04:14 PM
Remember, we should have been hosting the regionals and they shipped us off to Massachusetts.
Based on their reasons for putting us in another region this year, I'm thinking we'd better get used to being shipped for the first round unless they have a change of heart (not likely).

Big Red Ron
5/21/2007, 05:24 PM
Based on their reasons for putting us in another region this year, I'm thinking we'd better get used to being shipped for the first round unless they have a change of heart (not likely).As long as we keep getting the Super Regionals afterwards, I'm cool with that.

Catch 22
5/22/2007, 07:40 PM
Wait. I thought the NCAA hated OU - that's why they sent the OU women to Amherst for the regional. Do they not hate OU any longer?

The NCAA is so confusing to me. :confused:

Super Regional Host goes to the highest seeded team between the two regional winners. So, not exactly any love shown to the ladies.

I wonder if Gasso loads up the van and takes the girls down to Hall of Fame Stadium for hotdogs and sodas? Maybe a few practices or something.