PDA

View Full Version : * Soprano's Next-To-Next-To-Last 5-20-07 *

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:06 PM
Next week will not be shown (Memorial Day weekend), which is good for me; I'll be in FL and we don't get HBO at home. This one will have to last us two weeks and then there's only two more :(

I'd like to see an extension of the peyote trip tonight....

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:10 PM
"Christopher's business interests."

Heh.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:14 PM
I think they patterned A.J. after Sen John Edwards.

"I'm rich, and everybody else is poor, and I can't stand it."

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:18 PM
Oops - sorry about that last crack about Sen. Edwards - it's jush dat i get dees wierd daughts when I's watchin' da fam-lee.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:22 PM
Uh oh.

Somebody's going down after that asbestos scene.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:24 PM
"You realize we're going to bomb Iran?"

BWA HA HA HA HA

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:30 PM
Tony should throw his a-- back in the pool.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:37 PM
"Or he could be a f*cking idiot. Historically, that's the case."

On his kid's failed suicide attempt.

Classic line!

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 08:37 PM
VeeJay's on a tear here, folks. This shouldn't go unappreciated.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:44 PM
Somebody's gotta do da play-by-play.

Now, is this the episode where Elliot bangs da shrink???

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:47 PM
Now.....all you perverts who've lusted after Meadow.....watch your back.

SoonerGirl06
5/20/2007, 08:52 PM
VeeJay's on a tear here, folks. This shouldn't go unappreciated.

Personally, I just thought he was having fun talking to himself and was afraid to interrupt his conversation.

Carry on VeeJay... we're enjoying the show... :D

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 08:54 PM
Holy crap. Remind me to never take peyote.

I never been on a bus wid my mudda.

Okla-homey
5/20/2007, 09:06 PM
That table edge jammed in the mouth followed by a kick to the back of the head move was...disturbing.

Afterwards, Tony finding one of the guy's bicuspids in his pants cuff while meeting w/AJ's shrink was...hilarious.

It's tough to predict this show. Frankly, that's what makes it so good. But dayum, you gotta figure Phil is not long for this world the way he keeps fuggin' with T.

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah - where was Phil any way when he was mouthing off?

He's always hiding out whilst calling somebody a c*cksucker. T shoulda had a couple of the boys with him, busted in the house and taken care of business.

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 09:35 PM
tony had some classic one liners tonight that's for sure

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 09:44 PM
loved the book Sil was reading at the beginning..." How to Clean Practically Anything "

Okla-homey
5/20/2007, 09:48 PM
That jumping in the pool with a plastic bag on your head and a cinderblock tied to your ankle was the lamest attempt at suicide I've ever seen on TV. I have no idea what the plastic bag was supposed to do once he was under water anyway. Keep water out of his lungs? Isn't that the point of drowning yourself?

You know there had to be guns in the house. sheesh.;)

Okla-homey
5/20/2007, 09:50 PM
tony had some classic one liners tonight that's for sure

Pauly too. "Yeah T, one time me and your dad was flying down to the Copa and the BOAC stewardess put acid in my drink. I looked over at your Uncle Junior and I seen laser beams shootin' out his eyes.":D

VeeJay
5/20/2007, 09:57 PM
Heh. That was a good one.

T to Dr. Melfi: "You never done acid, none o' dat sh*t?"

Dr. Melfi: "No."

picasso
5/21/2007, 12:02 AM
Pauly too. "Yeah T, one time me and your dad was flying down to the Copa and the BOAC stewardess put acid in my drink. I looked over at your Uncle Junior and I seen laser beams shootin' out his eyes.":D
don't forget all dem fish with da mercury.

picasso
5/21/2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah - where was Phil any way when he was mouthing off?

He's always hiding out whilst calling somebody a c*cksucker. T shoulda had a couple of the boys with him, busted in the house and taken care of business.
that's not how the mob does business. it's usually done when the target is all alone and from behind.
I really wished Tony would have popped the midget with the lazy eye while he was at it. that guy is creepy beyond belief.

I'm honestly waiting for Bacala to kick some serious *** on the NY boys. it's comin.

Viking Kitten
5/21/2007, 12:22 AM
"Let's dispense wit da 500 pound elephant in the room."

"This alteration with Coco... You're at da precipice of a crossroads."

OMG. I am gonna miss this show so much.

Rhino
5/21/2007, 12:22 AM
You know there had to be guns in the house. sheesh.;) How quickly we forget about the grenade.

KsSooner
5/21/2007, 06:54 AM
I was hoping AJ was successful in his suicide attempt because I am getting tired of his whiney assed story line.

Okla-homey
5/21/2007, 07:20 AM
I was hoping AJ was successful in his suicide attempt because I am getting tired of his whiney assed story line.

Meadow: AJ, we're Italian. You're their son. You'll always be more important to them than me.

85Sooner
5/21/2007, 08:30 AM
Is this a coicindence.

Dr Melfi = Dr. ****

Just wonderin

picasso
5/21/2007, 08:33 AM
Is this a coicindence.

Dr Melfi = Dr. ****

Just wonderin
ya know there was a time when I really though Tony was gonna give her more than a confession. if you know what I mean.

r5TPsooner
5/21/2007, 08:56 AM
I must be a very bad person because I was laughing hysterically when AJ tried to off himself in the pool.

Sil reading the cleaning magazine was pure genius on the director and writers part.

Meadow is smoking hot and I'd much rather see her in a time consuming story line than AJ.

Best episode on the year IMO and someone is getting whacked in the next two episodes.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 11:26 AM
The AJ storyline is important, though I don't know if they have enough time left in the series to do it right. Unfortunately, it's being handled rather clumsily-one of the few storylines in the series you can say that about.

Taxman71
5/22/2007, 08:55 AM
I think Phil shouting from his upstairs room shows how he is afraid of Tony's ability to get physical, not just order hits. I think Phil has to try to take out Tony b/c he knows he pushed him too far.

And, yes, Meadow suddenly got real hawt.

Saw a guy in high school do the teeth against the curb, kick in the head thing once. Nasty stuff. That dude is in Big Mac I think.

picasso
5/22/2007, 09:19 AM
I think Phil shouting from his upstairs room shows how he is afraid of Tony's ability to get physical, not just order hits. I think Phil has to try to take out Tony b/c he knows he pushed him too far.

And, yes, Meadow suddenly got real hawt.

Saw a guy in high school do the teeth against the curb, kick in the head thing once. Nasty stuff. That dude is in Big Mac I think.
that's a good point about Phil. I thought it was just a disrespect thing but he could be truly scared of Tony (remember a few years ago when Tony kicked his *** in his car).
it's going to be interesting. from the books I've read the mob guys don't go all out war on each other as a whole. they usually take out the top guy or someone inside does so to take over or to avoid more bloodshed.

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 09:36 AM
Meadow did not "suddenly" get real hawt. She gained a little weight a few seasons back, but she's been hawt for a good long while.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7990/02_Jamie-Lynn_Sigler.jpg

(I may get in trouble for this one. I'll take it down if it's a no-go)

nm. Click the link yourself, pervs. I ain't getting banned.

Taxman71
5/22/2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I don't see anyone in Tony's crew that would dare challenge him (esp. since Chris, Ralphie, et al. are long gone). As for Phil, he has only been boss for a brief time and he is already hiding from upstairs windows and letting his crew get their teeth kicked in. Plus, his unwillingness to negotiate with Tony could lead someone in his family to whack him for the sake of peace, knowing that Phil is begging for a war to "leave his legacy".

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 09:40 AM
Any chance Phil is an informant? I mean, he DOES make a big deal over how loyal he was in the joint.

Never mind, that's a stupid idea.

Czar Soonerov
5/22/2007, 09:47 AM
Phil's gonna order a hit on tony. The feds are gonna hear about it and tell T about it and Tony is going to hit NY hard before they come after him.

or

Tony is going to get whacked and AJ is going to go after Phil for revenge. (lame ending, IMO)

picasso
5/22/2007, 09:47 AM
remember when Tony suggested to Little Carmine he make a move?????

hmmmm....

picasso
5/22/2007, 09:48 AM
Phil's gonna order a hit on tony. The feds are gonna hear about it and tell T about it and Tony is going to hit NY hard before they come after him.

or

Tony is going to get whacked and AJ is going to go after Phil for revenge. (lame ending, IMO)
I've got to think that Tony makes it through. he's our lame hero.

sooneron
5/22/2007, 11:01 AM
I think Tony and Phil kill each other off.

I did like the kick to the back of the head, nice usage from American History X, there. The tooth was classic.

r5TPsooner
5/22/2007, 12:44 PM
I'd like to see a cliffhanger ending that leads to a series of major motion picture movies.

Probably never gonna happen but the $$$ in doing so would probably be huge.

BTW, when does Deadwood start?

Taxman71
5/22/2007, 12:54 PM
I think Tony and Phil kill each other off.

That would certainly add a Quentin Tarantino spin to the show.

As mentioned, I just can't see Tony getting killed. Too predictable, plus I want to have hope for a Soprano movie someday. I don't see him walking away unscathed however. That would be too unrealistic. Expect some random character from Season 1 to play a major role in the finale if past experience means anything.

sooneron
5/22/2007, 02:01 PM
I should call my buddy that plays Carlo and see if he will give anything away.

85Sooner
5/22/2007, 03:06 PM
That would certainly add a Quentin Tarantino spin to the show.

As mentioned, I just can't see Tony getting killed. Too predictable, plus I want to have hope for a Soprano movie someday. I don't see him walking away unscathed however. That would be too unrealistic. Expect some random character from Season 1 to play a major role in the finale if past experience means anything.

The Russian????????????

TMcGee86
5/22/2007, 03:11 PM
I didn't like the upcoming scenes. Now, granted, the past few weeks have proven that the preview scenes very seldom pan out how they seem, but what's with Sil questioning T about playing both sides and T begging Carm to help him.

I hope they dont ruin this in the last two episodes.

Taxman71
5/22/2007, 03:26 PM
The Russian????????????

You know, we never saw Adrianna's body, or the Russian's, or Vito's and Tony B. could have just been playing dead after getting his face blown off.

I got to think either one of the new faces around the bing (the guy from BOB) or the alleged terrorists come into play.

Soonerchaz
5/22/2007, 03:27 PM
I say Tony lives...but someone (very) close dies.

Phil...dead.

Also think Phil and Butch are really good friends.

VeeJay
5/22/2007, 07:29 PM
I'm sort of hoping Paulie ends up with his own series.

Imagine if he'd made some guest appearances on Friends.

Taxman71
5/23/2007, 08:47 AM
I'm sort of hoping Paulie ends up with his own series.

Imagine if he'd made some guest appearances on Friends.

Bring the Seinfeld cast back together with Paulie replacing Jerry. Then, instead of drinking coffee at Monks, they can drink beer at Cheers with Sam Malone tending bar. Instead of a comedian, Paulie can have his own talk show "The Paulie Walnuts Show" with Rip Torn as his producer.

That is a can't-miss hit.

Viking Kitten
5/23/2007, 10:22 AM
Instead of a comedian, Paulie can have his own talk show "The Paulie Walnuts Show" with Rip Torn as his producer.

That is a can't-miss hit.

Would they tape Paulie's show on the set of the Merv Griffin show? Because that would RULE.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 11:57 AM
Would they tape Paulie's show on the set of the Merv Griffin show? Because that would RULE.

Only over Kramer's dead body.