PDA

View Full Version : does a chick stop eating when she is full?

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 04:31 PM
Seriously? A chick like a baby chicken. Supposedly.

My little one came home from school Friday with a white bag marked:

"Emma's Chicks"

IN A BAG!! With no instructions other than:

"feed mash and distilled water"

:eek:

I guessed the "mash" was the nibblet looking stuff in the other bag, but do I just keep feeding them till they eat it all? Or are baby chicks one of those kinds of animals that will eat till it is gone even if it kills them?

And these do not look anything like any baby chicks I have ever seen.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 04:33 PM
We should merge this with the ice cream truck thread.

stoopified
5/20/2007, 04:35 PM
I was gonna say unless she is Rosie O'Donell but we are talking real chicks not cows. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 04:36 PM
what does this have to do with ice cream trucks?? :confused:

and yes, real live baby chickens, but I was told they look like baby vultures...which is kinda true.

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 04:38 PM
Do you have a photo, so we can see if it looks like a real chick, because if it doesn't look like any chick you have ever seen then maybe its a turkey or something.

................or vultures? :eek:

And why would anyone send birds home with your daughter? :confused:

stoopified
5/20/2007, 04:40 PM
what does this have to do with ice cream trucks?? :confused:

and yes, real live baby chickens, but I was told they look like baby vultures...which is kinda true.
Don't mind SAS he is just icked cuse I negged him for his comment on the icecream truck thread .Apparently his/her real name is Nancy.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 04:41 PM
I'm twisted like that

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 04:43 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/ameys2006/babysomething.jpg

Not a very good shot..they are black and fuzzy...

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 04:45 PM
Do you have a photo, so we can see if it looks like a real chick, because if it doesn't look like any chick you have ever seen then maybe its a turkey or something.

................or vultures? :eek:

And why would anyone send birds home with your daughter? :confused:

Emma can be very persuasive...I, myself, would LOVE to hear exactly how she convinced the teacher that I had OK'd this...but I don't want the teacher to feel bad.

Jello Biafra
5/20/2007, 04:49 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/ameys2006/babysomething.jpg

Not a very good shot..they are black and fuzzy...

GOOD LORD!!!!! you need to go to ags r us at orangepower. im sure somene call tell you what that is.....I was thinking heckyl and jeckyl when i saw it though...

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 04:50 PM
:D

Well, I yahoo searched "black chicks." After eliminating the ones wearing bikinis, I found this... Its a You Tube Video of a grown up black chick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcBbzAXcIo

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 04:51 PM
That's not a chicken. they're yellow.

http://trailrides.homestead.com/baby_chick.jpg

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 04:53 PM
You got the rooster, the hen, and the chicken. The rooster has sex with the hen, who has sex with the chicken?

Howzit
5/20/2007, 04:54 PM
That's a turkey vulture.

When it gets a little older, just bring some road kill home to feed it.

Until then try here.

http://www.lionsgrip.com/babyturkeyvulterz.html (http://www.lionsgrip.com/babychix.html)

sanantoniosooner
Sometimes peeps turn colors and get fuzzy if you leave them out long enough.

Tailwind
Randy

MamaMia
Heres some information on what to do. :D

http://www.lionsgrip.com/babychix.html

sooner_born_1960
5/20/2007, 04:55 PM
Chicks? So there are more than one of those evil looking things? I'd pop their little baby heads off and toss 'em in the trash.

Howzit
5/20/2007, 04:55 PM
I mean a swan. It's a baby swan. Throw it in a pool.

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 04:56 PM
That's a turkey vulture.

When it gets a little older, just bring some road kill home to feed it.
Arent baby turkey vultures an ash beige?

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 04:57 PM
Arent baby turkey vultures an ash beige?
That's the African one's

This one is European.

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 04:57 PM
Sometimes peeps turn colors and get fuzzy if you leave them out long enough.

so true
http://photo.phoenixfeather.net/album_info/peeps_show2/easter_rainbow.jpg

Tailwind
5/20/2007, 04:58 PM
I'm a skeered now.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 05:01 PM
I mean a swan. It's a baby swan. Throw it in a pool.

So it went from a turkey vulture to a swan...

got it.

:rolleyes:

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 05:04 PM
actually, thanks for the link...it is helpful. It seems to say feed them all they want....unless they are broiler peeps....

maybe that is what they are?

OUinFLA
5/20/2007, 05:05 PM
are you growing it up to serve for dinner?

You best hope it is not a vulture then, they are not tasty at all.

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 05:06 PM
mmmmmm, broiled chicken.....

SoonerGirl06
5/20/2007, 05:06 PM
:D

Well, I yahoo searched "black chicks." After eliminating the ones wearing bikinis, I found this... Its a You Tube Video of a grown up black chick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcBbzAXcIo

:D :D :D THIS is absolutely hilarious! I can't believe noone else picked up on it before now.

BajaOklahoma
5/20/2007, 05:40 PM
Shouldn't it be roosters?

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 05:45 PM
are you growing it up to serve for dinner?

You best hope it is not a vulture then, they are not tasty at all.

NO!! I am hoping to return it next week...alive and well.

My older daughter says she is never eating chicken again..but I don't believe her.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 05:48 PM
My older daughter says she is never eating chicken again..but I don't believe her.
I said that after my first "mystery" nugget at McDonalds.

I didn't hold it either.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 05:55 PM
I said that after my first "mystery" nugget at McDonalds.

I didn't hold it either.

Maybe that is what they are...I have no idea. Here is another picture.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/ameys2006/babyturkeyvulture.jpg

Jello Biafra
5/20/2007, 06:23 PM
:D :D :D THIS is absolutely hilarious! I can't believe noone else picked up on it before now.

i saw it. i just didn't want to get fired from my dj gig for saying something that jesse jackson may jump me about ;)

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 06:54 PM
i saw it. i just didn't want to get fired from my dj gig for saying something that jesse jackson may jump me about ;)Al Sharpton is already wanting me to apologize to the chicks and is asking my kids to fire me as their mama. :P

Howzit
5/20/2007, 07:24 PM
Maybe that is what they are...I have no idea. Here is another picture.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/ameys2006/babyturkeyvulture.jpg

It appears to me that Chick has 2 roosters.

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 08:25 PM
Do they have rooster or chicken parts?

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 08:34 PM
There's a joke in there somewhere...

Found it:

Or in other words, does your **** have a pecker?

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 08:34 PM
Are you asking if they are boneless?

Howzit
5/20/2007, 08:44 PM
I'm telling you, I can see two cocks in the pic.

OUinFLA
5/20/2007, 09:00 PM

According to Wendy's

"parts is parts"

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 09:56 PM

What are you trying to say?

I have two roosters?

What the heck am I supposed to do with two roosters???

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 09:57 PM
well you sure as hell wont be breeding them.....

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 09:57 PM
I can't see any parts on them....they are sleeping now...

sssshsshshshshsshhhshshshsshshtthshsthsthshsthshsh shshsshsssssssssshhhhhh

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 10:00 PM
well you sure as hell wont be breeding them.....

no...no I won't. :)

Am I going to be a bad mother when I return them? My little one is going to be crushed.

She pushes them around in a stroller, feeds them, waters them, takes them for walks, sings to them, dances with them, puts them to bed...she is loving every second of this.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 10:03 PM
no...no I won't. :)

Am I going to be a bad mother when I return them? My little one is going to be crushed.

She pushes them around in a stroller, feeds them, waters them, takes them for walks, sings to them, dances with them, puts them to bed...she is loving every second of this.
There are SOOOOOOOOO many bad ways to respond to this one.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 10:08 PM
You should turn them into a 4-H project, and have your kids show them at fairs and what not.

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 10:11 PM
You should turn them into a 4-H project, and have your kids show them at fairs and what not.

and by "what not", you mean cooking them and eating them

Mongo
5/20/2007, 10:14 PM
mmmmm, what not.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 10:14 PM
and by "what not", you mean cooking them and eating them
after you show them. Learning to butcher chickens would be a great family bonding activity.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 10:19 PM
There are SOOOOOOOOO many bad ways to respond to this one.

I think I am missing something....and that is probably a good thing. :rolleyes:

We are city girls, we don't have 4-H and we go to fairs to eat corn dogs and funnel cakes.

Seriously, they are in a box in my laundry room. I live in the C.I.T.Y.

I have no idea how to raise chickens, I am not sure it is even legal here....although I am awfully close to the Asian district, so it probably is.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 10:22 PM
I think I am missing something....and that is probably a good thing. :rolleyes:

We are city girls, we don't have 4-H and we go to fairs to eat corn dogs and funnel cakes.

Seriously, they are in a box in my laundry room. I live in the C.I.T.Y.

I have no idea how to raise chickens, I am not sure it is even legal here....although I am awfully close to the Asian district, so it probably is.
City folk can be in 4-H too, even FFA. The two most urban Omaha high schools have successful FFA chapters, as do some of Kansas City and Chicago's urban high school. It would be a good horizon broadening experience. They could do sewing and cooking projects too.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 10:27 PM
City folk can be in 4-H too, even FFA. The two most urban Omaha high schools have successful FFA chapters, as do some of Kansas City and Chicago's urban high school. It would be a good horizon broadening experience. They could do sewing and cooking projects too.

She is in Kindergarten. Not sure when that stuff starts, but we don't have it at our school. Otherwise, I am sure she would love it.

I love the chicks or whatever they are...but they need a more appropriate home. I will keep them this week maybe....not much longer.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 10:36 PM
She is in Kindergarten. Not sure when that stuff starts, but we don't have it at our school. Otherwise, I am sure she would love it.

I love the chicks or whatever they are...but they need a more appropriate home. I will keep them this week maybe....not much longer.
4-H typically starts around the 2nd grade or so. When the time comes, be sure to check it out there is much more to it than agriculture. There are all sorts of projects to do, and as she gets older, there are great opportunities to go places and do things, like the 4-H Congress and the Washington D.C. program. 4-H is wonderful.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 10:46 PM
If it has anything to do with animals, she would love it. The closest she gets to farm life now (before the chicks/turkey vultures/whatever they are) is she has her rocking horse tied up to the fence "post" in the backyard...you know those horses on springs? And we have about 100 My Little Ponies and 50 other kinds of toy horses in our house.

And she speaks "horse" ... to strangers. Sometimes when someone asks her what her name is, she neighs at them. And bobs her head up and down, then prances around in a circle and trots off.

Seriously.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 10:49 PM
If it has anything to do with animals, she would love it. The closest she gets to farm life now (before the chicks/turkey vultures/whatever they are) is she has her rocking horse tied up to the fence "post" in the backyard...you know those horses on springs? And we have about 100 My Little Ponies and 50 other kinds of toy horses in our house.

And she speaks "horse" ... to strangers. Sometimes when someone asks her what her name is, she neighs at them. And bobs her head up and down, then prances around in a circle and trots off.

Seriously.
There are plenty of chances to around animals. And horses with springs rule. I have a homebuilt wooden one that my Grandpa made for Dad and his siblings. It might be the coolest thing I own. Are there any horse clubs around your area? I used to compete in horse shows when I was that age, in the lead line competition on my aunt's horse Thermalsocks.

PhxSooner
5/20/2007, 10:50 PM
My daughter has an imaginary horse that she rides at the grocery store. I have to tell the horse to "whoa", or my daughter is off down the aisle.

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 10:52 PM

Seriously.

Seriously, is there a big zoo near where you live? Most big zoos have an education department that offer summer classes geared towards kids of all ages. Start her in some of those classes. When she gets a little older she can start volunteering to shadow zookeepesrs and such, and after a while they'll let her on as a volunteer worker. PG did that sort of stuff and loved it - there were some birds at the Sedgwick County Zoo that hated every zookeeper in the place but would let PG feed them and be friendly as anything.

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 10:53 PM
I do need to get her more involved in horses, it is true love she has, I can tell.

See, she doesn't need the imaginary horse, she IS the horse.

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 10:54 PM
My daughter has an imaginary horse that she rides at the grocery store. I have to tell the horse to "whoa", or my daughter is off down the aisle.

Heh. Cheese and his horse. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzFRnthtpA)

olevetonahill
5/20/2007, 11:36 PM
Just make sure you have em plenty of feed and water .
If you have a fenced yard , when they are older , just makem a lil house and turn em loose in it . They will help keep the insects down .

goingoneight
5/21/2007, 12:16 AM
So, if a baby chicken is a chick, is a baby rooster a Roo?

frankensooner
5/21/2007, 09:32 AM
That is some kind of exotic chicken. My sister moved out to the country to raise those things. He has dozens of them. I think she is turning into a crazy chicken lady.

BU BEAR
5/21/2007, 11:44 AM
Looks like one of the "skeksis" creatures from The Dark Crystal.

SoonerJack
5/21/2007, 11:45 AM

Seriously.

That is the funniest thing in the world! And you should definitely get her involved with horses. It doesn't cost very much at all ;) , but the upside is she won't have anything to do with boys until she's all grown up. :D

Mjcpr
5/21/2007, 12:08 PM
That is some kind of exotic chicken. My sister moved out to the country to raise those things. He has dozens of them. I think she is turning into a crazy chicken lady.

Your sister is a he?

I think what frank is trying to say here is that he will take them off your hands, Chick.

GottaHavePride
5/21/2007, 07:24 PM

Upon consulting my mom who was raised on a farm, she says baby chickens can look like that if they're going to turn into dark-colored chickens. Yellow baby chicks turn into white chickens.

ChickSoonerFan
5/21/2007, 07:38 PM
got it...so these chicks were never yellow...and they could grow up to be roosters?

I think.

They are actually very sweet and quiet...no ****-a-doodle-dooing yet.

GottaHavePride
5/21/2007, 07:47 PM
heh. ****-a-doodle-doo

ChickSoonerFan
5/22/2007, 09:39 AM
So Howzit can say cocks and I can't say ****?

that makes no sense at all.

Howzit
5/22/2007, 09:40 AM
I have a longer chain.

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 09:41 AM
Well, if we blanked out every time Howzit said "cocks" he'd never get to post. Only fair.

stoopified
5/22/2007, 10:30 AM
howzit is a **** watcher?

1stTimeCaller
5/22/2007, 10:34 AM
Chick, your cocks are beautiful.