PDA

View Full Version : My 1 year old, 10 lb. little Bennie has a mean streak

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 04:06 PM
Hes my Lhasa Apso. He has started picking fights with my 6 year old, 18 lb. Shih Tzu, Watson, over the silliest things, like a piece of Romaine lettuce for Heavens sake. He snaps at him at least twice a day. Watson will growl and ponce back a little, but then he just walks away. When Bennie was a puppy, Watson picked on him and scared him all the time. It was obvious that he wanted to let him know who the boss was around here. Well it looks like that didn't work too well with little Bennie. I always tell them to stop it, and neither one has ever hurt the other. I wish they would just learn to get along all the time.

Right now, their cuddled up together in the same doggy bed, even though there are two matching ones sitting side by side. I am totally baffled. :confused:

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 04:13 PM
Watson doesn't sign negs.

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 04:24 PM
Watson will growl and ponce back a little, but then he just walks away.

Now, see, there's the problem. When I think of poncing about, I think of this Monty Python bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR9ZM6rI7DY

;)

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 04:25 PM
Watson doesn't sign negs.

Nor does he respond to e-mail.

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 04:48 PM
Monty Python's poncing about led me to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRTaDX2fOqc

Which leads me to say that Texas A&M's band isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Look at those Kiwis go.

Warning: threadjack in progress...

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 04:54 PM
let one of them establish the alpha role, and it will all be over

Tailwind
5/20/2007, 04:57 PM
Pure-breds are quirky.

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 05:03 PM
let one of them establish the alpha role, and it will all be over With 3 daughters and 4 granddaughters, I'm afraid there are plenty of Alphas in this family already. Watson and Bennie need to learn their rightful place with the hubby, the one son and the one grandson. :D

OCUDad
5/20/2007, 06:32 PM
(1) They're dogs. (2) They're male. You'll never understand either species, Mama, so just let it go. If they're not killing each other, it's all good.

LilSooner
5/20/2007, 07:03 PM
Hes my Lhasa Apso. He has started picking fights with my 6 year old, 18 lb. Shih Tzu, Watson, over the silliest things, like a piece of Romaine lettuce for Heavens sake. He snaps at him at least twice a day. Watson will growl and ponce back a little, but then he just walks away. When Bennie was a puppy, Watson picked on him and scared him all the time. It was obvious that he wanted to let him know who the boss was around here. Well it looks like that didn't work too well with little Bennie. I always tell them to stop it, and neither one has ever hurt the other. I wish they would just learn to get along all the time.

Right now, their cuddled up together in the same doggy bed, even though there are two matching ones sitting side by side. I am totally baffled. :confused:

My Oscar who is a shih tzu. We adopted him two years ago. He attacks my two other dogs all the time with out provocation. Sully weighs about 60lbs and Maggie weighs about 80. Both could snap little 12 lbs **** in half but they don't because they are pansies. I don't know why but they just take his crap.