PDA

View Full Version : When did vou last see an icecream truck

stoopified
5/20/2007, 03:12 PM
Where you live?When I lived in Blackwell(til 1968)we had one.When I lived in Lawton'68-'74 we had icecream jeeps and sno-cone trucks but for the first time since I have lived in Ponca City(most of the last 33 years)I just heard and saw an Icecream truck.I was reclining on the sofa reading with the front door open when my wife and I heard music and looked out to see the truck.Talk about a nostalgic trip back in time!

for those of you too young to remember trucks used to criuse through neighborhoods playing nursery-rhyme type music and would sell you icecream when you flagged them down .Wonder how long this will last?I cynically also can't help wondering if it may be a clever delivery ploy for a local freelance pharmecutecal supplier?You know buy a fudgesicle (at an exorbitant price get a FREE bag of crack or weed). :D Ok maybe I am a little too JADED in my old age.

StoopTroup
5/20/2007, 03:17 PM
The methpops are really good. ;)

yermom
5/20/2007, 03:18 PM
i see one in my neighborhood all the time

Harry Beanbag
5/20/2007, 03:20 PM
Last week. I bought one of those rocket pops.

StoopTroup
5/20/2007, 03:21 PM
Oops...Rocketpop....that's what I meant....

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 03:23 PM
I saw one Friday.

In front of my house.

You could barely hear the screams of the children over the music.

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2007, 03:23 PM
last summer - haven't seen one yet this year though.

It was fun a few years back when my son would hear the music and ask for $1 to buy some ice cream. Now he is 12 and too cool (in his opinion) for that.

stoopified
5/20/2007, 03:24 PM
I saw one Friday.

In front of my house.

You could barely hear the screams of the children over the music.Ok that is just plain twisted.

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2007, 03:27 PM
Ok that is just plain twisted.

so is sas.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 03:29 PM
Anybody familiar with Jim Rome teasing that all ice cream truck drivers are pedophiles?

And the music is loud to drown out sounds?

pfffffffffff

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know what happened to the ice cream trucks around here. When I was growing up there were always a couple of them a day coming by. 1994 was the last time I remember us having a neighborhood ice cream truck for the children. I would hear the music and they would run in the house and grab the money off the entry table that I always had ready for them. :)

Nowadays there are so many working mothers, many of whom also work weekends, I guess theres nobody to pass out the money. I don't see many kids playing all over the neighborhoods like in the old days. They're all inside watching cable, playing Game Boys, X boxes and whatnot.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 03:33 PM
I cynically also can't help wondering if it may be a clever delivery ploy for a local freelance pharmecutecal supplier?You know buy a fudgesicle (at an exorbitant price get a FREE bag of crack or weed). :D Ok maybe I am a little too JADED in my old age.
Real twisted buddy, you should see a shrink ;)

ChickSoonerFan
5/20/2007, 04:35 PM
We have them but they seem to go up and down the streets on the other side of Penn which drives my little one CRAZY!! She can hear him, then she can't, then she can, then she can't, then she can.....you get the idea.

So then we have to get in our car and CHASE THEM DOWN.....takes the fun out of spending $2 for an ice cream sandwich that I could get a dozen of for $1 more at the store.

LoyalFan
5/20/2007, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=stoopified]Where you live?When I lived in Blackwell(til 1968)we had one.When I lived in Lawton'68-'74 we had icecream jeeps... QUOTE]

Ice Cream JEEPS??? Lawton musta had some really bad roads!

LF

Viking Kitten
5/20/2007, 04:44 PM
My parents live in Mustang, and there is an ice cream truck in their neighborhood all the time. And by all the time, I mean all the time. Seriously. Dude will be out selling ice cream at the wierdest freakin' times, like on a cold-azz day in January. And he plays "Turkey in the Straw," and that's it. Over and over and over again. "Do your balls hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie 'em in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow?..."

Oh and... I like orange pushups the best.

Viking Kitten
5/20/2007, 04:45 PM
For off-the-truck ice cream I mean. Not for a bra, you pervs.

For those, it's black.

stoopified
5/20/2007, 04:46 PM
Real twisted buddy, you should see a shrink ;)
What are you SAS,TWO? Let it go dude.Whether Rome said it first or not it is a twisted joke.

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 04:46 PM
[/I]Oh and... I like orange pushups the best.

me too!

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 04:47 PM
For off-the-truck ice cream I mean. Not for a bra, you pervs.

For those, it's black.

ME TOO!!!!!!

Viking Kitten
I love skanking up old-fashioned summer fun threads.

Tailwind
I don't know what happened to the ice cream trucks around here. When I was growing up there were always a couple of them a day coming by. 1994 was the last time I remember us having a neighborhood ice cream truck for the children. I would hear the music and they would run in the house and grab the money off the entry table that I always had ready for them. :)

Nowadays there are so many working mothers, many of whom also work weekends, I guess theres nobody to pass out the money. I don't see many kids playing all over the neighborhoods like in the old days. They're all inside watching cable, playing Game Boys, X boxes and whatnot.
And not getting snatched by murderous pedophiles.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2007, 04:48 PM
I love skanking up old-fashioned summer fun threads.
twisted

Tailwind
5/20/2007, 04:50 PM
We have an icecream truck that comes by winter, spring, summer and fall. At all hours. We call it the "Crack-mobile".

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 05:08 PM
The orange push ups are my favorites too VK. I have to get them at the Hutches Shell station now though. :)

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 05:11 PM
The orange push ups are my favorites too VK. I have to get them at the Hutches Shell station now though. :)

strange place to buy bra's......

oh wait

stoopified
5/20/2007, 05:18 PM
strange place to buy bra's......

oh wait:D Beat me to it.

bluedogok
5/21/2007, 08:55 PM
We have a few of the trucks that live in the neighborhood, we also have a drive through roasted corn, tortilla and tamale trucks. Sometimes I will see a few push cart sellers as well.

mdklatt
5/21/2007, 09:45 PM
Yesterday. F'in Pop Goes the Weasel....

Soonerus
5/21/2007, 09:49 PM
I saw an ice cream motorhome last week, first one ever...

soonersweetie
5/22/2007, 03:02 PM
I haven't seen an ice cream truck here in San Diego, ever.

Funny Story-when I was growing up in OK, the ice cream truck used to come by my Grandma's house and my mom always told me it was the music man, never ever told me about ice cream. Then one day my aunt was in town and she heard the truck coming and asked me if I wanted some ice cream and I told her that it wasn't ice cream, that it was the music man. LOL, my aunt was so mad at my mom for not telling me about the ice cream man.

IB4OU2
5/22/2007, 03:45 PM
My parents live in Mustang, and there is an ice cream truck in their neighborhood all the time. And by all the time, I mean all the time. Seriously. Dude will be out selling ice cream at the wierdest freakin' times, like on a cold-azz day in January. And he plays "Turkey in the Straw," and that's it. Over and over and over again. "Do your balls hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie 'em in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow?..."

Oh and... I like orange pushups the best.

I just love it when you sing that song!.......

Dio
5/22/2007, 06:04 PM
Tulsa, Nov. 05-

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5338/geosiderr3.jpg