PDA

View Full Version : picture of the Joker from the new batman flick

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 01:36 PM
now this is what i am talking about!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/JokerFinal.jpg

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but whoever's playing the Joker has a lot of work to do to make me forget about Jack Nicholson's Joker.

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 02:09 PM
as strange as it sounds...heath ledger is playing the joker

GottaHavePride
5/20/2007, 02:29 PM
That does sound a bit odd. It could work, though. They're obviously going for a dark, creepy Joker instead of the slick, charming Joker.

yermom
5/20/2007, 02:31 PM
Brokeback Batman?

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 02:31 PM
I think Ledger is going to do fine. He's done a ton of research on the character, apparently. Nolan knocked his casting choices out of the park on the first film, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Well, except for Katie Holmes he knocked it out of the park.

However, they REALLY missed an opportunity to cast Crispin Glover.

Mongo
5/20/2007, 02:45 PM
I think Ledger is going to do fine. He's done a ton of research on the character, apparently. Nolan knocked his casting choices out of the park on the first film, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Well, except for Katie Holmes he knocked it out of the park.

However, they REALLY missed an opportunity to cast Crispin Glover.

Good call on Glover. He wouldnt need to do research, just the face paint.

85Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:03 PM
They are gonna make it too scary for little ones. too damn bad'

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 03:05 PM

fine by me.

85Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:08 PM
fine by me.

Yeah, you don't have a 5 year old who loves his Batman costume and has wtched the original Batman 100's of times. Someone still owns the rights to the TV shows so they are not released. Its unfortunate that most of the superheros are now guaged for older folk. I guess its part of that ITS ALL ABOUT ME generation.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:09 PM
Or possibly part of the "The demographics of comic fans skew very heavily to 21-35, not 5-10" generation.

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, you don't have a 5 year old who loves his Batman costume and has wtched the original Batman 100's of times. Someone still owns the rights to the TV shows so they are not released. Its unfortunate that most of the superheros are now guaged for older folk. I guess its part of that ITS ALL ABOUT ME generation.

like some cheese with that whine?

look batman is a dark character. and it is refreshing to finally get a director that gets that. sorry your kiddie won't be able to see if for a few years but why punish the fans that have grown up with the book by keeping it juvenile?

you boy will always have the original one for campy fun

Hatfield
5/20/2007, 03:23 PM
and what exactly are you talking about with this: "I guess its part of that ITS ALL ABOUT ME generation."

85Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:35 PM
Or possibly part of the "The demographics of comic fans skew very heavily to 21-35, not 5-10" generation.

I guess because they have Peter Pan Syndrome and don't wan't to grow up:)

yermom
5/20/2007, 03:35 PM
and what exactly are you talking about with this: "I guess its part of that ITS ALL ABOUT ME generation."

as opposed to the "it's all about me and my kids" generation?

;)

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:37 PM
I guess because they have Peter Pan Syndrome and don't wan't to grow up:)

Have we met? :D

Comic books<>kids fare, man. Read some of the stuff out there. There's no way in HELL I'd let a young kid of mine read the vast majority of stuff out there. They're being written by people with extensive film credits, best-selling novels, or even a couple of Pulitzer Prize for Literature winners.

I mean, just off the top of my head, here's a quick list of comic writers who have done extensive and successful work outside the genre:

Paul Dini
Brad Meltzer
Michael Chabon
Brian Bendis
Frank Miller
Richard Donner
Warren Ellis (and TRUST me-if you see your kid reading a comic with his name on it, take it away. It's good stuff, but NOT for kids)
Orson Scott Card
Daniel Knauf

Rhino
5/20/2007, 03:49 PM
However, they REALLY missed an opportunity to cast Crispin Glover. I was really upset when I heard they picked Ledger, not Glover.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:50 PM
I guess the major studios are kind of shunning Glover after he sued Universal over the usage of his likeness in Back to the Futures II and III.

85Sooner
5/20/2007, 03:59 PM
as opposed to the "it's all about me and my kids" generation?

;)

I really understand the adult dark side for those who follow the comic book scene. I just wish they were also still there for the kids. Its funny, the only Superman shows that are not too violent for young kids are the ones from the 30's and 40's. AND THOSE ARE FULL OF NAZI stuff. Those are the ones tame enough until Batman and Robin came along in the sixties. Got to see them at wedgewood too! Pllllllllhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 04:04 PM
Have you picked up the Batman animated series DVDs for the youngun? Those should be age-appropriate.

85Sooner
5/20/2007, 05:23 PM
Have you picked up the Batman animated series DVDs for the youngun? Those should be age-appropriate.

Yeah they are Okay. I just liked the old series and wonder if they will ever release it. Hell they have released everything else. on DVD

SteelClip49
5/20/2007, 10:37 PM
The Pope would be perfect as the Joker.

goingoneight
5/20/2007, 10:51 PM
Brokeback Batman?

YMSSRA!!! :D

SoonerAtKU
5/21/2007, 08:04 AM
There's always the Riddler for Glover to play. I think a sadistic, non-campy take on the Riddler would be great. Sort of like Saw for superheroes.

Hatfield
5/21/2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah they are Okay. I just liked the old series and wonder if they will ever release it. Hell they have released everything else. on DVD

i still remember when i outgrew adam west....

the penguin had placed superglue in the batmobile seats and sadly our heroes were trapped until batman revealed to robin "thankfully i remembered to put my penguin superglue remover in my utility belt this morning"...

sadly at that moment...a bit of my childhood died. ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/21/2007, 08:49 AM
http://thomaswood.blogsome.com/images/shark.JPG

picasso
5/21/2007, 08:51 AM
there's enough fluffy movies and stuff out there for little kids. look at all of the sorry Spiderman flicks.

C&CDean
5/21/2007, 08:56 AM
OK. I'll ask. Who the hell is Crispy Glover?

sanantoniosooner
5/21/2007, 08:58 AM
I had no idea.

I used google.

George McFly. You're welcome.

picasso
5/21/2007, 09:01 AM
he also went whacko on the David Letterman show back in '87ish. he nearly kicked ole Dave (wouldn't mind it now).

"I'm strong, I can kick!"

C&CDean
5/21/2007, 09:03 AM
I thought that was that Taxi dude?

sanantoniosooner
5/21/2007, 09:10 AM
he also went whacko on the David Letterman show back in '87ish. he nearly kicked ole Dave (wouldn't mind it now).

"I'm strong, I can kick!"
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=ALapHYNSmoA&eurl=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26q%3Dcrispin%2Bg lover%26btnG%3DSearch&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/ALapHYNSmoA/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJdttxdGZhRVLkV5IjmCNbX

sooneron
5/21/2007, 10:11 AM
I remember seeing that Letterman interview live.

JohnnyMack
5/21/2007, 10:33 AM
Well, except for Katie Holmes he knocked it out of the park.

:les:YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!! YOU REMEMBER THE WINDY SCENE AT THE BURNED DOWN WAYNE MANOR AND YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!! :mad:

sooneron
5/21/2007, 03:22 PM
:les:YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!! YOU REMEMBER THE WINDY SCENE AT THE BURNED DOWN WAYNE MANOR AND YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!! :mad:
Mmm, pencil erasers....

but that's about it:cool:

Dio
5/21/2007, 03:28 PM

Naw, Andy Kaufman had a (fake) fight with Jerry Lawler.

Frozen Sooner
5/21/2007, 03:33 PM

Just because she has the superpower of determining how cold it is doesn't make her a good casting choice.

yermom
5/21/2007, 04:02 PM
Mmm, pencil erasers....

but that's about it:cool:

you might as well just watch The Gift for that ;)

Salt City Sooner
5/21/2007, 04:09 PM
i still remember when i outgrew adam west....
I don't, & I'll be 40 in August. :D

BigRedJed
5/21/2007, 04:34 PM
I remember seeing that Letterman interview live.
Me too. It was a total WTF??!?! moment. I've been lucky enough to see several classic Letterman moments as they unfolded. Top of mind: Crispin Glover LSD-fueled flip-out, Madonna F-bomb fiasco, and Drew Barrymore birthday striptease. All made memorable in large part because of Dave's reactions.

TopDawg
5/21/2007, 05:52 PM

Woah. Weird coincidence that Christopher Lloyd was in both Taxi and Back to the Future.

soonerbrat
5/21/2007, 10:30 PM
what new batman flick?

pb4ou
5/21/2007, 11:05 PM
what new batman flick?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

OUAndy1807
5/21/2007, 11:30 PM
http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

OUAndy1807
5/21/2007, 11:32 PM
I'm getting pretty pumped about this one.

Rhino
5/21/2007, 11:46 PM
Too bad we have to wait for 14 months.

OUAndy1807
5/21/2007, 11:58 PM
how come the ibelieveinhardveydenttoo says "see you in December"?

it's mixed into all the hahaha's that you get if you click and drag over the screen.

Rhino
5/22/2007, 12:03 AM
The new image of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight has now been removed from IBelieveinHarveyDentToo.com. It's been replaced with red text that gives the error, "Page not found." If you highlight the entire page, however, you'll see a ton of Ha Ha Ha's with some letters here and there that don't belong. String those letters together and what do you get? - "See you in December."

We assume you'll get a first look at The Joker in a trailer for the sequel at that time. Warner Bros. has both Nicole Kidman's The Golden Compass and Will Smith's I Am Legend opening in December, to which the teaser could be attached to.

So who is behind all this? It looks to be 42 Entertainment, the company which previously created the "I Love Bees" promotion for "Halo 2" and "Year Zero" for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero." The company just registered SeeYouinDecember.com yesterday, so stay tuned.

The Dark Knight opens in theaters on July 18, 2008..

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 12:19 AM
Ooooo. The Golden Compass!