PDA

View Full Version : Singapore

OklahomaTuba
5/20/2007, 05:20 AM
Not a bad town. Staying right on Orchard Street, which is very popular. Humid as hell though, but overall, it is very very nice. And the food is very good as well. The local beer is Tiger Beer, and no, its not tiger **** in a bottle, I would highly suggest it though.

After spending a week in Tokyo, I didn't think I would like it as much, but I have to say its grown on me. Still think Tokyo is the best city in the world though.

Oh, and the woman are hot as hell here.

That is all.

Chuck Bao
5/20/2007, 05:52 AM
Ha ha!

My opinions, which shouldn't count for naught.

Singapore women are best educated and the most money-oriented in Southeast Asia (that's quite subjective view but held by many).

Singapore has the best airport in the world (I don't think that is in dispute)

Singapore is the most efficient and cleanest city in the world (again subjective but plenty of supporting arguments).

Singapore was so successful in cleaning up their city that they rid themselves of any local character and then had to start importing transvestites from Thailand and other neighbouring countries. (documented)

Singapore has had one of the most cited forms of benevolent dictatorships (of course, Lee Kwan Yuan).

You still can't buy chewing gum from the local 7-Elevens, but you can buy vibrating condoms. I thought it was a candy.

There are some tremendous places to eat in Singapore, but you have to travel outside the normal tourist areas. Go to India town and eat at one of the banana leaf restaurants. You will love it!

I once did try to go see the imported transvestites and the taxi cab driver got all excited about me wanting a "***** boy". So, don't ask any taxi driver about transvestites. Just look on the interweb for that sort of thing.

royalfan5
5/20/2007, 08:36 AM
Do they still mention that you will be put to death if you are traffic drugs on the flight in?

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2007, 08:59 AM
Singapore is the nicest, cleanest, safest big city I have ever been to. I always stayed at the Westin, so we would take the MRT to Orchard St. to eat every night. Sentosa was nice when I was there - might check it out. The locals took us to the "west coast" for seafood - fantastic.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 11:24 AM
My dad and step mom went there for their 20th anniversary and loved it. I guess teachers-and special ed teachers in particular-are in VERY high demand. They were offered some obscene amount of money to emigrate over there. I think they're considering it once their consulting contracts are up.

OklahomaTuba
5/20/2007, 06:34 PM
I once did try to go see the imported transvestites and the taxi cab driver got all excited about me wanting a "***** boy". So, don't ask any taxi driver about transvestites. Just look on the interweb for that sort of thing.

:eek:

OklahomaTuba
5/20/2007, 06:36 PM
My dad and step mom went there for their 20th anniversary and loved it. I guess teachers-and special ed teachers in particular-are in VERY high demand. They were offered some obscene amount of money to emigrate over there. I think they're considering it once their consulting contracts are up.

Sounds like they are spending big money here looking for accountants as well. Our office here can't keep them.

The money floating around here is simply amazing.

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2007, 07:13 PM
I almost forgot to comment on Tiger Beer - absolutely, good stuff.

From the Westin, we could walk across the street to the satay club, order some satay and a litre or two of Tiger.

KC//CRIMSON
5/20/2007, 07:15 PM
I hear they're really big on graffiti art over there. If you get a chance, spray paint a mural on a city wall.