PDA

View Full Version : OU player on PostSecret

sooner518
5/19/2007, 11:27 PM
So I was just perusing www.postsecret.com

(Not sure if you all know what it is, but its a website where people send a postcard in of a secret they have. It's anonymous so people can feel free to write what they want on the cards.)

Anyhow, they update the site every week, and I just took a look and saw this postcard:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/champ.jpg

Just thoguht it was interesting since there was a thread a few months ago about how we would feel if an OU player came out of the closet.

So, discuss... or let this sink to the bottom

Jello Biafra
5/19/2007, 11:43 PM
So I was just perusing www.postsecret.com

(Not sure if you all know what it is, but its a website where people send a postcard in of a secret they have. It's anonymous so people can feel free to write what they want on the cards.)

Anyhow, they update the site every week, and I just took a look and saw this postcard:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/champ.jpg

Just thoguht it was interesting since there was a thread a few months ago about how we would feel if an OU player came out of the closet.

So, discuss... or let this sink to the bottom

i smell bevo shiit.

the_ouskull
5/19/2007, 11:50 PM
Chris Simms never won a National Championship, did he?

He deserves that ring though.... He was our best player for at least two straight years; maybe three... Too bad his boyfriend's ****ed at him for some reason though. You'd have to be to post something like that... Wonder what he did?

the_ouskull

htownsooner7
5/20/2007, 09:39 AM
I really don't want to see this post. Please take it off. It is wildly unsubstantiated and inappropriate.

EstablishedSooner1967
5/20/2007, 09:45 AM
who cares...

sooner518
5/20/2007, 10:24 AM
I really don't want to see this post. Please take it off. It is wildly unsubstantiated and inappropriate.
sheesh. defensive much?

How is it unsubstantiated? The postcard is on the site. I make no claims that there was a gay player on that team (although I'd be willing to put down plenty of money that there was at least one) or who it might be. I just thought it was interesting.

SoonerLB
5/20/2007, 10:27 AM
i smell bevo shiit.

I concur!

birddog
5/20/2007, 10:52 AM
well, i've seen all i need to see. i mean what more evidence do you need? dm is a homo!

Penguin
5/20/2007, 11:40 AM
who cares...

Ditto.

Whether it's true or not, I really don't give a ****.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2007, 11:52 AM
My first inclination was to close or delete on this. I'd appreciate it if the OP would clarify the title to state "Alleged OU player on PostSecret."

There's a pretty good chance that this is a fake from a fan of another school or someone with an axe to grind. Which is more of a reflection on them than anyone on OU's team, past present or future.

SoonerBOI
5/20/2007, 12:32 PM
who could it be? bottomline, he probably helped win the NC anyway.

MamaMia
5/20/2007, 12:55 PM
I would rather win another National Championship with a whole team of gay Sooners than not at all. :P

leavingthezoo
5/20/2007, 12:57 PM
all we know is someone "wishes" someone would admit they are gay.

i bet chrissy sent that card. he might've had a crush. ;)

Jello Biafra
5/20/2007, 04:45 PM
as bad as that picture is......someone knew someone who knew someone at a party one time and asked if they could take a picture with a cell phone. someone then downloaded it where there girlfreind/boyfreind found it on their computer and since his gf/bf had been spending a bunch of time at this "party place" they just assumed the ring and football player/softball player/gymnast were "of other preference" matters not. that person has a NC ring and about 99% of the rest of the country doesn't :)

oumartin
5/20/2007, 04:55 PM
I am like MamaMia, they could all be gay so long as they win another NC!
Who are we to judge anybody anyway.

snp
5/20/2007, 05:31 PM
My first inclination was to close or delete on this.

Stick to your gut.

htownsooner7
5/20/2007, 05:53 PM
How is it unsubstantiated??? Are you kidding? What about it is substantiated? This is ridiculous and stupid. I don't care if any of our players were gay. The point is that this post much like the referred to site is propaganda intended to incite. Ask yourself, what are you trying to accomplish?

BigRedJed
5/20/2007, 06:33 PM
According to the image posted, it is third-party, meaning it wasn't even the alleged athlete who posted the "secret."
I didn't bother clicking on the link, so I'm not sure if that ring is supposed to be associated with the athlete in question, or whether it's just some random OU championship ring. Doesn't help narrow down the identity of the person, IMO.
Although sooner518 calls it an "OU player" in his thread title, leading one to believe it's a football player, the image just says "a National Champion." Hate to break it to some of you folks, but the University of Oklahoma has also won national championships in other sports, such as baseball, wrestling, golf and men's gymnastics.
If you think that there has never been a gay player on the OU football team, or the ut football team, or pretty much any other program with 100+ years of football history and team alumni surely numbering in the thousands, you're delusional.
While sooner518 very possibly only intended for this thread to spark thoughtful discussion on the subject, we've had enough of these types of threads over the years to know where it leads. Therefore, I'm going to take him up on his offer and let this one sink to the bottom.Man, I can't wait until football season starts again.

*click*