PDA

View Full Version : United States Military Academy Graduates

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not that impressed. Not at all.

This is the second day in a row that he has failed to make and send his logs at 4am. His trailer is filthy, there is about 10 pounds of dirt and dried mud in his trailer.

He slept through one survey. His survey depths were wrong on those that he did manage to be awake for and take. He also told me that he had checked his depths with the directional driller after each survey. So much for the 'we will not lie, cheat, steal nor tolerate anyone that does.'

I guess there's a reason he's been here longer then me and he's my night hand.

USMA, I give you a D-

Hamhock
5/19/2007, 10:55 AM
does he pee in the toilet?

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 11:35 AM
he walks to the portapotty because the toilet in his trailer does not work.

This guy is a mess.

Flagstaffsooner
5/19/2007, 11:37 AM
Some people have trouble adjusting to civilian life. See Olevet.

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 11:52 AM
West Point has more distinguished graduates than any school this side of MIT. Don't let one guy ruin your perception of one of the finest institutions in America.

I mean Pat and Bri went to OU and I still consider it a pretty dang good institution. ;)

:D

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 11:59 AM
I know that there have been a few West Pointers that have done great things in the business world. Al Dunlap is a hero of mine.

This guy is the first that I have worked with and I am disappointed, to say the least.

OUinFLA
5/19/2007, 12:06 PM
Perhaps you should consider changing jobs.............

oh, wait........

Scott D
5/19/2007, 12:10 PM
Perhaps you should consider changing jobs.............

oh, wait........

note, I didn't make that wisecrack.....or did I.

Could I be OUinFLA in disguise..or is he me?

1stTimeCaller
;)
not right now. I turned down the last two because I told the guy that hired me that I would do this for a year at least. I have a few more months before I can switch jobs within the company or go to another company.

I wouldn't leave here to do the same job at another company.

Okla-homey
Perhaps he was an infantry officer. Those guys aren't comfortable unless surrounded by mud.

That said, I love infanteers because somebody has got to do it.

as an aside, I've often referred to West Pointers as gov't subsidized aggies.

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 12:13 PM
Field Artillery, not too much different. ;)

Okla-homey
5/19/2007, 12:14 PM
Field Artillery, not too much different. ;)

naw, cannon cockers are more elegant. They bring order to battlefield chaos by servicing targets with gay abandon.

Mongo
5/19/2007, 12:20 PM
His trailer is filthy, there is about 10 pounds of dirt and dried mud in his trailer.

This is funny coming from the infamous carpet peer and a guy that has one of these:D
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/sdcat.jpg

Harry Beanbag
5/19/2007, 12:30 PM
I've never dealt with any West Pointers, but have worked with many Annapolis grads in the Navy. They would come in thinking they were God's gift to mankind and their **** didn't stink. After we crushed their egos they were very trainable, easy to work with/for, and fun to drink with. Granted we were a somewhat special unit and officers and enlisted relationships were different than most others, but I found the academy grads to be very loyal to the blueshirts that took care of them, more so than officers from regular schools for the most part.

Mongo
5/19/2007, 12:34 PM
I've never dealt with any West Pointers, but have worked with many Annapolis grads in the Navy. They would come in thinking they were God's gift to mankind and their **** didn't stink. After we crushed their egos they were very trainable, easy to work with/for, and fun to drink with. Granted we were a somewhat special unit and officers and enlisted relationships were different than most others, but I found the academy grads to be very loyal to the blueshirts that took care of them, more so than officers from regular schools for the most part.

Different relationship? This means yall were the straight ones in the navy?:D

Harry Beanbag
5/19/2007, 12:35 PM
Different relationship? This means yall were the straight ones in the navy?:D

OMG, that does look very bad doesn't it. :O

OUinFLA
5/19/2007, 12:37 PM
note, I didn't make that wisecrack.....or did I.

Could I be OUinFLA in disguise..or is he me?

If you don't shut up, even 1TC is gonna figure it out!

StoopTroup
5/19/2007, 12:39 PM
In the Navy....

lol

Jello Biafra
5/19/2007, 12:41 PM
gay abandon.

heh. i'll say....

if you like it clean..... don't hire/work with an ex-tanker. they will lay down and sleep in mud/grease/feces/whatever......they ain't skeered.

Harry Beanbag
5/19/2007, 12:45 PM
In the Navy....

lol

http://www.daytondailynews.com/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/education/media/villagepeople.jpg

olevetonahill
5/19/2007, 12:45 PM
In the Navy....

lol
Ya know why the Old salt Hated retirement dont ya ?
He hated leaving his Buddys Behind .

Harry Beanbag
5/19/2007, 12:49 PM
Ya know why the Old salt Hated retirement dont ya ?
He hated leaving his Buddys Behind .

This joke deserves a rimshot.

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2007, 01:03 PM
West Point has more distinguished graduates than any school this side of MIT. Don't let one guy ruin your perception of one of the finest institutions in America.

I mean Pat and Bri went to OU and I still consider it a pretty dang good institution. ;)

:D
You speak the truth. It's easy for one rotten egg to totally destroy someone's opinion of a school.

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 01:11 PM
This is funny coming from the infamous carpet peer and a guy that has one of these:D
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/sdcat.jpg

don't hate on the bobcat.

btw, I think I left the matching underwear over at your house. Have you seen them?

Mongo
5/19/2007, 01:30 PM
don't hate on the bobcat.

btw, I think I left the matching underwear over at your house. Have you seen them?

I am wearing them right now, they are itchy.

What did you do with the paws, make a sweet backscratcher?

1stTimeCaller
5/19/2007, 01:45 PM
They were clean when I left them, they had better be clean when I get them back.

Hillbilly ticklers. In the same spirit as a French tickler.

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 10:54 PM
You speak the truth. It's easy for one rotten egg to totally destroy someone's opinion of a school.Take you for example...:D

olevetonahill
5/19/2007, 11:31 PM
Take you for example...:D
But sicem is really perpetuating the virginal myth .

Chuck Bao
5/19/2007, 11:32 PM
Take you for example...:D

I wasn't going to say that...because I did know some Sic'em types at Baylor. After 20+ years, it hasn't changed much from what I can gather. They take themselves and their politics seriously, starting from the never-ending arguments on university purpose and board of regents squabbles. Popped collar with front of shirt tucked in, not without standing!

Grad students, on the other hand, largely come from a different ilk.

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 11:38 PM
...with front of shirt tucked in,???:confused:

Chuck Bao
5/20/2007, 12:56 AM
I don't understand it either. Maybe, Sic'em can share.

olevetonahill
5/20/2007, 01:04 AM
I don't understand it either. Maybe, Sic'em can share.
Sicem aint got anything . so how can he share ?

Jello Biafra
5/20/2007, 01:16 AM
Sicem aint got anything . so how can he share ?

o he has SOMETHING but i think they make a cream for it now so he'll be ok in a couple of weeks......