PDA

View Full Version : IQ Test: Vince Foster, Ron Brown, _ _ _ _ _ _c _ _ _ _ _ _.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/19/2007, 12:50 AM
It's not very difficult. If you get it right, you're an inquiring mind.

SoonerGirl06
5/19/2007, 12:56 AM
It's either Susan or James McDougal.

Both of their first names are five letters.

Do I win a prize?

5/19/2007, 01:01 AM
It's either Susan or James McDougal.

Both of their first names are five letters.

Do I win a prize?Which is it?

SoonerGirl06
5/19/2007, 01:03 AM
Which is it?

Being that the other names are male and both of them are dead, I'm gonna go with James.

5/19/2007, 01:05 AM
Being that the other names are male and both of them are dead, I'm gonna go with James.Do they have anything else in common?

SoonerGirl06
5/19/2007, 01:06 AM
They were all associated with the CLINTONS!

5/19/2007, 01:08 AM
They were all associated with the CLINTONS!Yes, but also how they died.

SoonerGirl06
5/19/2007, 01:11 AM
Yes, but also how they died.

They were all QUESTIONABLE deaths... apparent suicides, accidents.

I hope to hell I get a prize outta this or at least an A+.

5/19/2007, 01:16 AM
They were all QUESTIONABLE deaths... apparent suicides, accidents.

I hope to hell I get a prize outta this or at least an A+.Arkancide is the common thread. You got an Incomplete.

SoonerGirl06
5/19/2007, 01:18 AM
Arkancide is the common thread. You got an Incomplete.

:eek: :mad:

batonrougesooner
5/19/2007, 01:20 AM
I'm thinking the same way. Both ****ed off Hillary. Both dead.

SoonerStormchaser
5/19/2007, 11:05 AM
Ron Brown's instance was the only crash of my plane...the T-43

Jeopardude
5/19/2007, 11:20 AM
If you believe that crap your IQ is in the in the idiot level.

OK, I'm gonna give you one: what do these three people have in common: Richard Mellon Scaife, Jerry Falwell, Joseph Farah?

Give up? They were all instrumental in spreading this slanderous garbage that eager-to-believe-anything dupes swallowed wholesale,

These are LIES. Stop spreading them. Sheesh.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

Scott D
5/19/2007, 12:13 PM
yeah, the truth is that william favor paid big bucks to have them....'disappear' to prevent knowledge about his secret antelope pitfighting ring from going public.

5/19/2007, 12:48 PM
yeah, the truth is that william favor paid big bucks to have them....'disappear' to prevent knowledge about his secret antelope pitfighting ring from going public.Hell, that's not even on Google, yet.

Scott D
5/19/2007, 03:15 PM
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who heard it from Ron Mexico's cousin's brother's nephew's sister.

Frozen Sooner
5/19/2007, 09:44 PM
Yep, this thread is certainly an IQ test of sorts.

5/20/2007, 11:10 AM
So, who will be the next Cli*ton operative to come to a similar termination, and be on the list?

SoonerGirl06
5/20/2007, 11:36 AM
So, who will be the next Cli*ton operative to come to a similar termination, and be on the list?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Pelosi, Reid and Michael Moore. Actually termination would be too harsh. But a large Gag would be greatly appreciated.

SCOUT
5/20/2007, 01:59 PM
OK, I'm gonna give you one: what do these three people have in common: Richard Mellon Scaife, Jerry Falwell, Joseph Farah?

[Cliff Clavin] Uh, who are three people who have never been in my kitchen? [/Cliff Clavin]

Scott D
5/20/2007, 02:03 PM

who else knows about your antelope pitfighting ring. Your answer is there grasshopper.

5/20/2007, 03:41 PM
who else knows about your antelope pitfighting ring. Your answer is there grasshopper.Bill hisself? never hoppen.

5/20/2007, 11:28 PM
As a wild guess, esp. if the Clintons win the POTUS race, fair and square, or more likely with chicanery, the next entry on the infamous list could be Sandy Burglar.

Viking Kitten
5/21/2007, 12:26 AM
But a large Gag would be greatly appreciated.

No problem! Just have them read this thread.

5/21/2007, 11:43 AM
No problem! Just have them read this thread.Believe with confidence the leftist Glitterati of America are hard wired to the SO.

TUSooner
5/21/2007, 02:40 PM
Believe with confidence the leftist Glitterati of America are hard wired to the SO.
And you represent.... the rightist Dullerati?

Paperclip
5/21/2007, 02:43 PM
If you haven't read Jack Cashill's Ron Brown's Body, it's a very interesting read.

5/21/2007, 02:43 PM
And you represent.... the rightist Dullerati?What took you so long?

Big Red Ron
5/21/2007, 05:10 PM
If you haven't read Jack Cashill's Ron Brown's Body, it's a very interesting read.It certainly is. Of the three, I believe Vince Foster's "suicide" was the most creepy. There were certainly some strange circumstances surrounding it and the way Hillary's assistant stole files from his office before the investigation was finished was almost John Grisham quality stuff.

5/21/2007, 09:01 PM
It certainly is. Of the three, I believe Vince Foster's "suicide" was the most creepy. There were certainly some strange circumstances surrounding it and the way Hillary's assistant stole files from his office before the investigation was finished was almost John Grisham quality stuff.Not much was made of the fatal "heart attack" that James McDougal had in prison, while waiting to testify against der Schlickmeister. It was almost as big a surprise as Ron Brown's fatal plane crash.

Jeopardude
5/22/2007, 09:56 AM
Not much was made of the fatal "heart attack" that James McDougal had in prison, while waiting to testify against der Schlickmeister. It was almost as big a surprise as Ron Brown's fatal plane crash.

Sigh.

From snopes.com -
James MacDougal,a key witness for Whitewater prosecutors whenthe investigation centered on an Arkansas land deal in which the president and MacDougal were involved, had a pre-existing heart condition and died of a heart attack on March 8, 1998 while in solitary confinement at the Federal Medical Center in Fort Worth. The ailing MacDougal had been placed in solitary as punishment as for failing to provide a urine sample for a drug test. On the day before his death while still in his regular jail cell (where he had access to his regular heart medications), he had complained of dizziness, and while being processed for detention he threw up. However, once in isolation, he did not ask for his medicines, and appeared to guards "alert, well-oriented and absent signs of visible distress" right up until his death. An investigation into his demise did not find evidence of foul play.

So old fat guy went off his heart medicine and had a heart attack. "Mysterious", my ***.

Stop spreading lies.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:03 AM
Sigh.

From snopes.com -

So old fat guy went off his heart medicine and had a heart attack. "Mysterious", my ***.

Stop spreading lies.Once is kinda weird, thrice is a pattern. IMHO

BTW - WTF is Snopes.com? Never seen it cited before.

5/22/2007, 11:05 AM
Sigh.

From snopes.com -

Stop spreading lies.Vince Foster's death was called a suicide, and Ron Brown's plane went down. "Mysterious, my ***?

Paperclip
5/22/2007, 11:08 AM
Once is kinda weird, thrice is a pattern. IMHO

Snopes can be kinda helpful in debunking a lot of those urban legend emails you get, but even they admit you shouldn't just take their word for anything. You should do your own research if you really want to know.

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 11:15 AM
Once is kinda weird, thrice is a pattern. IMHO

Then you haven't been paying attention. It gets cited around here pretty frequently. Especially when people post stupid conspiracy crap.

Jeopardude
5/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Vince Foster's death was called a suicide, and Ron Brown's plane went down. "Mysterious, my ***?

It was called a suicide because-- get this, it's gonna blow your mind -- IT WAS A SUICIDE. Wow. Amazing. Kenneth Starr said so in his report. Foster suffered from depression.

And I agree Ron Brown's plane went down. Guess what? The Clintons didn't wreck it! You wanna read the Air Force report on the crash? It's right here. (http://web.archive.org/web/20021002034252/http://www.af.mil/news/Jun1996/n19960610_960550.html)

Quit going on with this. It's silly. A presidential administration has hundreds of people in it. People will die. If you circulate an email about it, just add the word "mysterious" or "unexplained" to the reports. Or add "reported to be a" before suicide. Then people will go ape.

Stop spreading the lies. Sheesh.

Viking Kitten
5/22/2007, 11:21 AM
So if the Clintons have no scruples about murder and have the power to crash planes and whatnot, I'm wondering why they didn't just take out Paula Jones, Ken Starr, Juanita Broaddrick, etc., etc. OMG I HAVE AN INQUIRING MIND!!!1

Jeopardude
5/22/2007, 11:22 AM
And negspekking me doesn't make it true either. :P

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:22 AM
Then you haven't been paying attention. It gets cited around here pretty frequently. Especially when people post stupid conspiracy crap.I'm not a SO regular, so I haven't seen it. I assume this website dispels the shooter in the grassy knoll conspiracy and Bush lied to American's to start a war type stuff or is it just conservative conspiracies they try and dispel?

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 11:24 AM
Nice try at attacking the source. As it happens, they do kick around some of the canards about pretty much everything, including Republicans.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:24 AM
Snopes can be kinda helpful in debunking a lot of those urban legend emails you get, but even they admit you shouldn't just take their word for anything. You should do your own research if you really want to know.Thanks, I think that disclaimer is certainly warranted.

5/22/2007, 11:31 AM
And negspekking me doesn't make it true either. :PClever innuendo.

5/22/2007, 12:06 PM
And negspekking me doesn't make it true either. :PLook, we know you think all three of those deaths are coincidental and innocent. Some of us are not convinced, and whoever anonymously negged you is also apparently not convinced.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 12:13 PM
This thread is retarded at a level previously unknown around here, way to go Rush.

mdklatt
5/22/2007, 12:17 PM
Ron Brown's instance was the only crash of my plane...the T-43

But certainly not the only instance of pilot error, which was reponsible for the crash.

Scott D
5/22/2007, 12:24 PM
But certainly not the only instance of pilot error, which was reponsible for the crash.

[conspiracy guys]THE PILOT WAS DRUGGED! THERE WAS A BULLET IN RON BROWN'S HEAD. HOW HE KNEW ABOUT THE ANTELOPE PITFIGHTING IS BEYOND ME!!!!!!!!![/conspiracy guys]

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 12:31 PM
[conspiracy guys]THE PILOT WAS DRUGGED! THERE WAS A BULLET IN RON BROWN'S HEAD. HOW HE KNEW ABOUT THE ANTELOPE PITFIGHTING IS BEYOND ME!!!!!!!!![/conspiracy guys]

The Clintons were nowhere near Jerusalem when Jesus was crucified, WRAP YOUR MIND AROUND THAT! THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING. I THINK THAT RON BROWN AND VINCE FOSTER FOUND OUT ABOUT THE TIME MACHINE BILL USED TO GO BACK IN TIME AND KILL JESUS, THEY PAID THE PRICE FOR THEIR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!ONEONEONE

sooneron
5/22/2007, 12:33 PM
Bill was too busy tapping Mary M to bother with the whole crucifix dealio.

Scott D
5/22/2007, 12:36 PM
Bill knew a guy who knew a guy who was named Judas who told a guy named Vindictus where he could find that Jesus guy....notice Judas sorta disappeared ;)

5/22/2007, 12:41 PM
This thread is retarded at a level previously unknown around here, way to go Rush.Where you been...hiding?

Jeopardude
5/22/2007, 12:55 PM
Look, we know you think all three of those deaths are coincidental and innocent. Some of us are not convinced, and whoever anonymously negged you is also apparently not convinced.
That made me think of this:

We're not brainiacs on the nerd patrol. We're not members of the factinista. We go straight from the gut, right sir? That's where the truth lies, right down here in the gut. Do you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head? You can look it up. I know some of you are going to say "I did look it up, and that's not true." That's 'cause you looked it up in a book.

Next time, look it up in your gut. I did. My gut tells me that's how our nervous system works. Every night on my show, the Colbert Report, I speak straight from the gut, OK? I give people the truth, unfiltered by rational argument. I call it the "No Fact Zone."

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 01:21 PM
Where you been...hiding?

This thread was an IQ test, so I stayed out of it until I felt that I could come in, make a stupid comment to go with your stupid thread and not be "that guy" arguing with you. When you think about it, nobody is really engaging you on any level, not because your theory is so ironclad, but instead because it is so unfounded, untrue, and ripe with political longing for murders that didn't happen that arguing with you about it literally makes everybody dumber. So yes, I have been hiding.

5/22/2007, 04:45 PM
This thread was an IQ test, so I stayed out of it until I felt that I could come in, make a stupid comment to go with your stupid thread and not be "that guy" arguing with you. When you think about it, nobody is really engaging you on any level, not because your theory is so ironclad, but instead because it is so unfounded, untrue, and ripe with political longing for murders that didn't happen that arguing with you about it literally makes everybody dumber. So yes, I have been hiding.I guess arguing and engaging are different. Whichever one you are doing, the board has benefited from your input, or output.

MamaMia
5/22/2007, 05:26 PM
I'll tell you what is true:

There are some truths that we will never know in this life, no matter who says, or who documents, that they are, or aren't, true or false. Sometimes all we can come close to, is a conclusion based upon several factors, which may or may not be the correct conclusion.

Unless there is proof, as opposed to opinions and hypothesis that may draw a conclusion, without actual proved facts, nobody has the right to call anyone a liar. We all have the right to our opinions, however far fetched they may be. We must keep in mind that we live in a world that demonstrates the extraordinary and shocking on a daily basis; a world where "far fetched" certainly has its place in the land of truth.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 05:29 PM
If you believe that crap your IQ is in the in the idiot level.

uhhhh bo scaifes dad

mmmm kramer's OTHER neighbor

wellll...... farah faucets brother???

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 05:35 PM

There are some truths that we will never know in this life, no matter who says, or who documents, that they are, or aren't, true or false. Sometimes all we can come close to, is a conclusion based upon several factors, which may or may not be the correct conclusion.

Unless there is proof, as opposed to opinions and hypothesis that may draw a conclusion, without actual proved facts, nobody has the right to call anyone a liar. We all have the right to our opinions, however far fetched they may be. We must keep in mind that we live in a world that demonstrates the extraordinary and shocking on a daily basis; a world where "far fetched" certainly has its place in the land of truth.

But it's OK to make wild accusations of murder without actual proof?

MamaMia
5/22/2007, 05:53 PM
But it's OK to make wild accusations of murder without actual proof? Don't you think it would be better for people to simply express their opinions and discuss why they feel a certain way, and in the end, respectfully agree to disagree? :)

Frozen Sooner
5/22/2007, 05:56 PM
Yes and no. Absolutely in most cases a discussion should end in either disagreement or respectful disagreement.

However, this wasn't a discussion, nor was it meant to be one. The inference from the first post was that people who didn't believe that those three deaths were somehow linked and sinister were stupid. Considering there's been no evidence posted showing this to be the case, while there has been evidence posted to the contrary, stating that someone is spreading lies here seems to be warranted. Doesn't mean the person doing the spreading is a liar-it's possible to speak untruth without being a liar, simply by being mistaken or gullible.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/22/2007, 05:59 PM
I shot the sheriff.

But I didn't shoot the deputy.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 06:42 PM
I shot the sheriff.

But I didn't shoot the deputy.:D

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 06:44 PM

Unless there is proof, as opposed to opinions and hypothesis that may draw a conclusion, without actual proved facts, nobody has the right to call anyone a liar. We all have the right to our opinions, however far fetched they may be. We must keep in mind that we live in a world that demonstrates the extraordinary and shocking on a daily basis; a world where "far fetched" certainly has its place in the land of truth.The wisest post made in this thread, so far.

Thanks Mama!!!!

5/22/2007, 07:34 PM
However, this wasn't a discussion, nor was it meant to be one. The inference from the first post was that people who didn't believe that those three deaths were somehow linked and sinister were stupid. I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion. It was just to refresh people's memory about the Clinton years, and the doubt surrounding his claim of having a more honest, upstanding govt. than his predecessors. The former POTUS and future "first gentleman" did many unseemly and negative things, and we should keep them in mind as we approach the upcoming election.
GOBAMA in '08!

SoonerGirl06
5/22/2007, 09:53 PM
IMO... this is what I believe. Don't **** off the Clinton's or you'll end up either

1)politically ruined

2)"accidentally dead"

3)or pushed so close to the edge you feel your only option is to commit suicide.

The Clinton's are one of, if not the most, unethical couple this country has ever seen. I don't put anything past them.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 09:54 PM
Dude, I wouldn't get all riled up over Hillary being Prez. She just doesn't sell. I've seen research that shows that Rudy, McCain, F. Thompson and even Newt beat Clinton heads up, in the order I listed.

Normally this wouldn't really matter this far out but since the Clinton's are so well known, those numbers are very reliable.

I have serious doubt that she will be the Democratic nominee. John Edwards is the Democrat's only real chance.

SoonerGirl06
5/22/2007, 09:58 PM
I have serious doubt that she will be the Democratic nominee. John Edwards is the Democrat's only real chance.

You really think Edwards has a chance? I don't see that happening, but you never know. He'll have to pull out the big guns to win the nomination and I don't think he's got it in him to do that.

Blue
5/22/2007, 09:59 PM
I would consider Obama and I have never voted Dem. All the repubs I've seen are crap.

What's sad is that now in this country if you vote for democrats, every bat**** insane pos in this country feels like its an affirmation of their bat **** crazy ideas...

Welcome to life, I guess. Who's the Libert. candidate?

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 10:04 PM
You really think Edwards has a chance? I don't see that happening, but you never know. He'll have to pull out the big guns to win the nomination and I don't think he's got it in him to do that.I'm saying that John has the best chance to beat a Republican in the General. It should be interesting to see what the Democrats do. Do they stick to their principals and nominate a Hillary or Obama, knowing they have no chance in the general (like Dukakis or even Bob Dole on the R side) or do they nominate someone like Edwards, that can win the general but get less done for the gay, union, anti-gun, tax the "rich" special interests? Should be fun to watch.

VeeJay
5/22/2007, 10:11 PM
John Edwards - Heh!

I love this latest flap - he made millions consulting for a hedge fund. Hedge funds are extremely risky investment vehicles designed to make the rich - well...richer. Maybe he went from client to employee.

And his explanation for this was that he did it only to help understand the gap between the rich and the poor.

This one is absolutely FOS. How in the hell would a hedge fund teach the fugger about poverty?

You know, homeless shelters and food banks come to mind. Moms with babies in battered women's shelters, people with gambling addiction, drug addicts.

Reckon it depends on what the meaning of the word "hedge" is. Maybe it was thought to be a "sledge" fund - you know, uninsured, underpaid illegals slinging sledge hammers.

SoonerGirl06
5/22/2007, 10:13 PM
I'm saying that John has the best chance to beat a Republican in the General. It should be interesting to see what the Democrats do. Do they stick to their principals and nominate a Hillary or Obama, knowing they have no chance in the general (like Dukakis or even Bob Dole on the R side) or do they nominate someone like Edwards, that can win the general but get less done for the gay, union, anti-gun, tax the "rich" special interests? Should be fun to watch.

It should be interesting indeed.

But I'm sticking with Hillary as their choice as the Democrats main agenda is to pass their agendas and they won't be able to do that with Edwards at the helm. But that's just MO.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 10:14 PM
Dude, I wouldn't get all riled up over Hillary being Prez. She just doesn't sell. I've seen research that shows that Rudy, McCain, F. Thompson and even Newt beat Clinton heads up, in the order I listed.

Normally this wouldn't really matter this far out but since the Clinton's are so well known, those numbers are very reliable.

Newt? I would like to see that data. If there is one person with more skeletons, it's Newt.

Clinton has a major ace in the hole (or intern, :rimshot: ) in her husband. Love him or hate him, he goes down at very least, as one of the greatest speakers and politicians in American history. He is a major asset, and in my opinion, she will be essentially be running a two-headed campaign, and it would not surprise me in the very least if Bill raises more money and gets more asses on the floor for rallies than the actual candidate.

I feel that Hillary will easily carry every state Kerry did, and I think that Ohio or Florida are well within striking distance. If Rudy gets the nod, whatever, we get a Democrat no matter what. That said, if you thought the pictures of Kerry in a spacesuit were damaging, wait til you see Rudy chumming it up with Trump in drag.

Blue
5/22/2007, 10:15 PM
If they don't go w/ Obama, they're crazy. He has the ability to sway indies and progressive conservatives.

I wouldn't consider anyone on that side but him.

VeeJay
5/22/2007, 10:26 PM
Clinton has a major ace in the hole (or intern, :rimshot: ) in her husband. Love him or hate him, he goes down at very least, as one of the greatest speakers and politicians in American history.

Heh!

Love him or hate him, nuttin' he did as president supercedes that legacy.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 10:27 PM
Newt? I would like to see that data. If there is one person with more skeletons, it's Newt.

Clinton has a major ace in the hole (or intern, :rimshot: ) in her husband. Love him or hate him, he goes down at very least, as one of the greatest speakers and politicians in American history. He is a major asset, and in my opinion, she will be essentially be running a two-headed campaign, and it would not surprise me in the very least if Bill raises more money and gets more asses on the floor for rallies than the actual candidate.

I feel that Hillary will easily carry every state Kerry did, and I think that Ohio or Florida are well within striking distance. If Rudy gets the nod, whatever, we get a Democrat no matter what. That said, if you thought the pictures of Kerry in a spacesuit were damaging, wait til you see Rudy chumming it up with Trump in drag.Well, Newt was able to pass and get signed by Clinton 9 out of the 10 items on the "Contract with America," and I seriously doubt he has more skeletons than the Clinton's.

The data I've seen has Newt beating Hillary 52% - 48% obviously within the margin of error but still, Billary isn't going to get elected.

Nearly 7 of 10 American's have a negative opinion of Bill Clinton, so I don't see him as any sort of positive. The proof is that he isn't campaigning for her publicly and isn't being seen with her at all. If he were an asset, he'd be standing next to her in every picture.

SoonerGirl06
5/22/2007, 10:30 PM

Clinton has a major ace in the hole (or intern, :rimshot: ) in her husband.

I beg to disagree with Newt having more skeletons. Bill and Hill they have more skeletons between them than a cemetary.

The only ace in Hillary's hole... well, I won't go with my original thought... but one thing that will help Hillary is she's got dirt on her political enemies... thanks to all of the FBI files that were maliciously "borrowed"... and will use that information to her advantage, I'm sure.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 10:33 PM
Well, Newt was able to pass and get signed by Clinton 9 out of the 10 items on the "Contract with America," and I seriously doubt he has more skeletons than the Clinton's.

The data I've seen has Newt beating Hillary 52% - 48% obviously within the margin of error but still, Billary isn't going to get elected.

Nearly 7 of 10 American's have a negative opinion of Bill Clinton, so I don't see him as any sort of positive. The proof is that he isn't campaigning for her publicly and isn't being seen with her at all. If he were an asset, he'd be standing next to her in every picture.

I feel that Newt and Bill are pretty much peas in a pod as far being a good husband is concerned.

No offense, but your 70% negative opinion goes against every data set I've ever seen. There is about 30% who despise the man, but last I saw he still hovered around 60-65% favorable.

Lastly, I feel that Bill is being saved for the general, I think Hillary wants to course her own path, but he will take an increasing role. I also agree with you about Edwards, but I just don't think he has the muscle to push past Clinton or Obama.

VeeJay
5/22/2007, 10:36 PM
The Rose Law Firm billings mysteriously showing up in the WH Living Quarters immediately after the statue of limitations expired will haunt her. I'm surprised one of her party opponents hasn't brought up this to date.

I think I liked Socialist Hillary more than Centrist Hillary. At least with Socialist Hillary, you knew where she stood.

SoonerGirl06
5/22/2007, 10:40 PM
The Rose Law Firm billings mysteriously showing up in the WH Living Quarters immediately after the statue of limitations expired will haunt her. I'm surprised one of her party opponents hasn't brought up this to date.

Along with the numerous other sketchy dealings that she and Bill were both involved in.

I'm thinking her opponents are probably going to wait till it's closer to election time. If they bring up her sinister side now, it'll be old news by the time the votes really count.

VeeJay
5/22/2007, 10:47 PM
I can't wait until "the most ethical administration in the history of the Republic" hits the campaign trail.

We need better than Clinton and we need better than Bush. Not a recycling of a brother or spouse of either one.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 10:58 PM
I can't wait until "the most ethical administration in the history of the Republic" hits the campaign trail.

We need better than Clinton and we need better than Bush. Not a recycling of a brother or spouse of either one.

Fair enough. I do think that is the primary appeal of all of the Republicans and Obama and Edwards.

It will be a while before we have another great one in my opinion. Bush could have been, and I will always admire his actions in the immediate wake of 9/11, but man did he **** away a chance to earn a spot on currency.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:02 PM
All I can say is you are mistaken. I do this for a living and am not an extremely partisan type. The internal numbers bear out his unpopularity. I should have said 7-10 have a "somewhat" to "very" negative opinion of him.

What was Bill and Hill doing while Al Qieda was planning and executing terrorist attacks against America?

They were spending all their time talking about his legacy while fighting off purjury charges for lying under oath, in a sexual harassment case. Which by the way made him one of two American President's to be impeached.

These things are on the minds of "likely voters."

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:03 PM
:)

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:08 PM
I feel that Newt and Bill are pretty much peas in a pod as far being a good husband is concerned.

No offense, but your 70% negative opinion goes against every data set I've ever seen. There is about 30% who despise the man, but last I saw he still hovered around 60-65% favorable.

Lastly, I feel that Bill is being saved for the general, I think Hillary wants to course her own path, but he will take an increasing role. I also agree with you about Edwards, but I just don't think he has the muscle to push past Clinton or Obama.Agree to disagree. Bill's numbers favorables are in the 20's right now. Remember he was diddling an intern, committing perjury in a sexual harassment lawsuit, and becoming the second American Prez to be impeached. All while Osama was planning and executing attacks on Americans.

I don't think historians are going to be Kind to ol' Bill and whatever popularity he had (peaked right after the OKC bombing) has been totally squandered.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 11:09 PM
All I can say is you are mistaken. I do this for a living and am not an extremely partisan type. The internal numbers bear out his unpopularity. I should have said 7-10 have a "somewhat" to "very" negative opinion of him.

What was Bill and Hill doing while Al Qieda was planning and executing terrorist attacks against America?

They were spending all their time talking about his legacy while fighting off purjury charges for lying under oath, in a sexual harassment case. Which by the way made him one of two American President's to be impeached.

These things are on the minds of "likely voters."

http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton1.htm

I just have a hard time believing that internal numbers are bearing out a deviation of 30%. Is this in Oklahoma or nation wide?

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton1.htm

I just have a hard time believing that internal numbers are bearing out a deviation of 30%. Is this in Oklahoma or nation wide?That's a generic question to anyone who will answer a phone. The numbers I'm looking at are based on "likely voters" stratified by all major demographics. The thing is once you get passed the initial generic question and you ask about specifics, his numbers tank. That's why you don't see him around Hill. They don't want to go there.

soonerscuba
5/22/2007, 11:24 PM
That's a generic question to anyone who will answer a phone. The numbers I'm looking at are based on "likely voters" stratified by all major demographics. The thing is once you get passed the initial generic question and you ask about specifics, his numbers tank. That's why you don't see him around Hill. They don't want to go there.

Is the 70% disapproval an aggregate or among a certain set of demos. I mean even among likely voters I still find it hard to imagine a 30% change from general population. If you are tying your polling to issue specific questions, it seems to me that you might be touching the area of push polling.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2007, 11:33 PM
Is the 70% disapproval an aggregate or among a certain set of demos. I mean even among likely voters I still find it hard to imagine a 30% change from general population. If you are tying your polling to issue specific questions, it seems to me that you might be touching the area of push polling.It's an aggregate of likely voters, like I said, stratified among all the major demographics.

Nah, push polling is certainly not valid. The way it works is you ask the generic question and then you make a series of statements regarding the person, with an equal number of positive and negative messages and then ask the generic question again. It's called message testing or informed voter polling. If you aren't fair in the wording and structure of the survey, it could get into push polling by accident but I'm confident in these numbers.

BTW, the purpose in doing this type of polling is to really get to the core of pos. vs. neg.

10 years ago, if someone was at 60% or better on the initial question, they were trotted out without knowing what the opposition research is. It can get dicey. Lot's of lessons learned in polling during the Clinton years, and I thank him for it. ;)

5/23/2007, 12:40 AM
... but one thing that will help Hillary is she's got dirt on her political enemies... thanks to all of the FBI files that were maliciously "borrowed"... and will use that information to her advantage, I'm sure.The problem of absconding the FBI files is an issue that I had forgotten about. They will always have that weapon in their arsenal. Can you imagine a republican POTUS having done that? No matter when it might have happpened, it would STILL be FRONT PAGE NEWS!

Jeopardude
5/23/2007, 09:06 AM
That's a generic question to anyone who will answer a phone. The numbers I'm looking at are based on "likely voters" stratified by all major demographics. The thing is once you get passed the initial generic question and you ask about specifics, his numbers tank. That's why you don't see him around Hill. They don't want to go there.

Where are these numbers you're referencing? Do you have a link or a name of the poll?

Viking Kitten
5/23/2007, 09:51 AM
Where are these numbers you're referencing? Do you have a link or a name of the poll?

My friend, I am going to have to NEG YOU FOR IMPROPER FORMAT!!! You see, in this thread, it is important to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE WORDS AND USE LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I've named this posting format "Boston Terrier Style," because it reminds me of my dog, Rocky, who will just be calmly sitting there and then all the sudden he'll JUMP UP IN THE AIR AND START WIGGING OUT FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!!!!!

5/23/2007, 12:44 PM
My friend, I am going to have to NEG YOU FOR IMPROPER FORMAT!!! You see, in this thread, it is important to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE WORDS AND USE LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I've named this posting format "Boston Terrier Style," because it reminds me of my dog, Rocky, who will just be calmly sitting there and then all the sudden he'll JUMP UP IN THE AIR AND START WIGGING OUT FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!!!!!POIGNANT, Indeed.

Scott D
5/23/2007, 01:21 PM
IMO... this is what I believe. Don't **** off the Clinton's or you'll end up either

The Clinton's are one of, if not the most, unethical couple this country has ever seen. I don't put anything past them.

I'm pretty sure if we dug around in the world of business we'd find a lot of unethical couples...hell in some cases one party was so unethical they overrode anything ethical the other may have done.

You could certainly argue that anyone who holds office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has done a plethora of unethical things to get there. Especially in the modern climate of politics.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2007, 07:07 PM
Where are these numbers you're referencing? Do you have a link or a name of the poll?I am a pollster and these are my numbers. No link, because it's not public info. On SF.com I'm just an anonymous voice and feel comfortable sharing this info under those terms. My contract prevents me from releasing the data until after the elections.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2007, 08:12 PM
For what it's worth, while I have doubts about how widespread dislike of Bill Clinton is, I have no doubt that Ron generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to polling and doesn't talk out of his butt.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2007, 09:08 PM
For what it's worth, while I have doubts about how widespread dislike of Bill Clinton is, I have no doubt that Ron generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to polling and doesn't talk out of his butt.Thanks, Mike! I should emphasize to everyone, I'm not saying a large portion of the electorate hate Bill. I'm saying, a large portion isn't excited about the prospect of another 4-8 years of "Team Clinton" in the White House.

VeeJay
5/23/2007, 09:37 PM
My friend, I am going to have to NEG YOU FOR IMPROPER FORMAT!!! You see, in this thread, it is important to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE WORDS AND USE LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I've named this posting format "Boston Terrier Style," because it reminds me of my dog, Rocky, who will just be calmly sitting there and then all the sudden he'll JUMP UP IN THE AIR AND START WIGGING OUT FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!!!!!

Why do you hate stuff?

royalfan5
5/23/2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Mike! I should emphasize to everyone, I'm not saying a large portion of the electorate hate Bill. I'm saying, a large portion isn't excited about the prospect of another 4-8 years of "Team Clinton" in the White House.
Has there been any polling to indicate what proportion of American's want someone other than a Bush or a Clinton?

SoonerGirl06
5/23/2007, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure if we dug around in the world of business we'd find a lot of unethical couples...hell in some cases one party was so unethical they overrode anything ethical the other may have done.

You could certainly argue that anyone who holds office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has done a plethora of unethical things to get there. Especially in the modern climate of politics.

I totally disagree with you if you think any other President/First Lady in the history of the USA topped what the Clinton's did.

soonerscuba
5/23/2007, 11:34 PM
I totally disagree with you if you think any other President/First Lady in the history of the USA topped what the Clinton's did.

Did Clinton cheat on his wife with a slave which later produced a child?

Was Clinton a fag?

Is there tape of Clinton making anti-Semitic remarks with a world-famous pastor?

Clinton wasn't squeaky clean, nobody denies that, but to say worst in American history is quite a reach.

SoonerGirl06
5/23/2007, 11:56 PM
Did Clinton cheat on his wife with a slave which later produced a child?

Was Clinton a fag?

Is there tape of Clinton making anti-Semitic remarks with a world-famous pastor?

Clinton wasn't squeaky clean, nobody denies that, but to say worst in American history is quite a reach.

You cited three examples. Do they all belong to the same President?

Clinton: Whitewater, FBI Files, Adultery (several times that the public knows of. I suspect more) Sexual Harrassment, Lewinksky (I won't count her under the adultery category as he "never had sex" with her), Lying Under Oath, Perjury, Impeachment... shall I go on?

And I haven't even mentioned Hillary's little escapades...

soonerscuba
5/24/2007, 12:06 AM
You cited three examples. Do they all belong to the same President?

Clinton: Whitewater, FBI Files, Adultery (several times that the public knows of. I suspect more) Sexual Harrassment, Lewinksky (I won't count her under the adultery category as he "never had sex" with her), Lying Under Oath, Perjury, Impeachment... shall I go on?

Half are alleged. Sure, he committed perjury, and was impeached, and Congress paid the price for it, not him. Are going to tell me we spent almost $20m of public money on Whitewater and "filegate", and nothing stuck, even Ken Starr admits that he didn't do anything, what more could you possibly want?

For the top, Jefferson had a child with a slave, Buchanan lived with a "friend" for 15 years, and Richard Nixon is on tape complaining about the Jews with Billy Graham. Those are all personal issues, if you include public policy scandals, Clinton probably doesn't crack top 50.

5/24/2007, 12:46 AM
Half are alleged. Sure, he committed perjury, and was impeached, and Congress paid the price for it, not him. Are going to tell me we spent almost $20m of public money on Whitewater and "filegate", and nothing stuck, even Ken Starr admits that he didn't do anything, what more could you possibly want?

For the top, Jefferson had a child with a slave, Buchanan lived with a "friend" for 15 years, and Richard Nixon is on tape complaining about the Jews with Billy Graham. Those are all personal issues, if you include public policy scandals, Clinton probably doesn't crack top 50.Which other pres. traded military secrets to possible foreign enemies for campaign contributions? How did congress pay a price for Clinton being impeached, IYO?What about those stolen FBI files? how despicable does a democrat POTUS need to be before you and other Kool-Aid drinkers disapprove?

soonerscuba
5/24/2007, 09:57 AM
Which other pres. traded military secrets to possible foreign enemies for campaign contributions? How did congress pay a price for Clinton being impeached, IYO?What about those stolen FBI files? how despicable does a democrat POTUS need to be before you and other Kool-Aid drinkers disapprove?

I think that I am done with this thread, but at least my examples were supported by evidence. Sure, Buchanan is dicey, and accept thoughts differently on him because he never came out the closet. However, you calling anyone a kool-aid drinker might be the single most ironic thing I've ever read on this board.

Jeopardude
5/24/2007, 10:10 AM
I am a pollster and these are my numbers. No link, because it's not public info. On SF.com I'm just an anonymous voice and feel comfortable sharing this info under those terms. My contract prevents me from releasing the data until after the elections.

Thanks for the info. Forgive me for putting more faith (even then, not that much) in public polls than your "double secret but it's OK on a message board" info.

5/24/2007, 01:23 PM
I think that I am done with this thread... However, you calling anyone a kool-aid drinker might be the single most ironic thing I've ever read on this board. Rush Limbaugh is MY clone. Good thing you said "might be", since you are clueless as to what Rush says on his radio show, instead choosing to lap up the Kool-Aid of what your trusted journalists in the MSM, and/or admitted Democrats say about him.