Best 10 scores

1. Justin Blalock, G, Texas (41)
2. Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada (39)
3. Kody Bliss, PK, Auburn (38)
T-4. Jon Cornish, RB, Kansas (37)
T-4. Brandon Harrison, S, Stanford (37)
T-6. Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa (36)
T-6. Daniel Sepulveda, PT, Baylor (36)
T-6. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise State (36)
9. Jordan Kent, WR, Oregon (35)
10. John Beck, QB, BYU (34)

Worst 10 scores

T-1. David Irons, CB, Auburn (4)
T-1. Bo Smith, S, Weber State (4)
3. Earl Everett, OLB, Florida (5)
T-4. James Jones, WR, San Jose State (9)
T-4. Turk McBride, DT, Tennessee (9)
T-4. Julius Wilson, OT, UAB (9)
T-7. Brandon Mebane, DT, Cal (10)
T-7. Matt Trannon, WR, Michigan State (10)
T-9. Baraka Atkins, DE, Miami (11)
T-9. Alonzo Coleman, RB, Hampton (11)

Wow, way to go Blalock. Good to see three of the top ten scores from the Big XII (wish OU had more upper classman this year).

David Irons is dumber than Vince Young, wow, just wow.

Seamus
5/19/2007, 02:20 AM
And that's pretty damn dumb.

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 10:44 AM
And that's pretty damn dumb.heh, I was looking for all the scores but couldn't find them. Anyone know where a list of them are?

SoonerSinger3
5/19/2007, 01:57 PM
honestly fellas...who gives a flying f*** about the wonderlic test?? we saw how poorly vince scored last year and look how he did his rookie year...the test isn't very important...but hey just for the record, i bet vince would score better than Mr. President haha

BajaOklahoma
5/19/2007, 02:04 PM
Justin can thank all of his wonderful teachers for making him work hard and learn much. (My kids had the same ones)

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 08:09 PM
honestly fellas...who gives a flying f*** about the wonderlic test?? we saw how poorly vince scored last year and look how he did his rookie year...the test isn't very important...but hey just for the record, i bet vince would score better than Mr. President haha:rolleyes:

Legendarybud
5/19/2007, 10:42 PM
BajaOklahoma - thanks for appreciating good teachers!

Eielson
5/19/2007, 11:11 PM
1. Justin Blalock, G, Texas (41)
2. Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada (39)
3. Kody Bliss, PK, Auburn (38)
T-4. Jon Cornish, RB, Kansas (37)
T-4. Brandon Harrison, S, Stanford (37)
T-6. Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa (36)
T-6. Daniel Sepulveda, PT, Baylor (36)
T-6. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise State (36)
9. Jordan Kent, WR, Oregon (35)
10. John Beck, QB, BYU (34)

That will come in real handy...

rankin07
5/20/2007, 12:46 AM
these tests are so worthless it's all about athletic ability and work ethic in the LEAGUE...yep Vince Young is great proof

melbitoast
5/20/2007, 10:11 AM
Justin can thank all of his wonderful teachers for making him work hard and learn much. (My kids had the same ones)

Well, I can't say much for the UT part, but Justin and I went to the same high school (5 yrs apart). And yes, they do have excellent teachers there. Nice to see a guy from my high school finally make it to the NFL. I hung out with Justin a few times when he was a freshman, and he was (hopefully still is) a nice guy with a good head on his shoulders. I actually had the audacity to tell him that although I disagreed with his choice of college, I still hope he did well since he was from my high school. I guess he did alright.

Plus, he said the most difficult DE he ever faced at camps was our very own John Williams. Hopefully John will stay healthy and wreak havoc on UTs new RT. :)

Vaevictis
5/20/2007, 10:24 AM
That will come in real handy...

Well, the guy does want to be a linebacker, right? The only reason he never played LB at Baylor, iirc, is because in their system, a punter is more important :D :D

tulsaoilerfan
5/20/2007, 10:30 AM
Well, the guy does want to be a linebacker, right? The only reason he never played LB at Baylor, iirc, is because in their system, a punter is more important :D :D
Truer words have probably never been spoken!!:D

meoveryouxinfinity
5/20/2007, 10:49 AM
honestly fellas...who gives a flying f*** about the wonderlic test?? we saw how poorly vince scored last year and look how he did his rookie year...the test isn't very important...but hey just for the record, i bet vince would score better than Mr. President haha
Umm...yeah.....considering Georgie went to Yale University for his Bachelors degree and Harvard for his Masters degree. *rolls eyes*

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2007, 10:59 AM
i'd be curious to see a study of past super bowl winning teams and their median wonderlic scores as opposed to the rest of the teams in the league

there's obviously a reason the NFL uses it - would be interesting to see if it has any real results

Punditone
5/20/2007, 03:30 PM
I was under the impression the scores were supposed to be confidential. Are these leaked? If so how trustworthy are they? I know that when Youngs alleged test results were leaked last year, a lot of people were upset.

Big Red Ron
5/20/2007, 11:57 PM
I was under the impression the scores were supposed to be confidential. Are these leaked? If so how trustworthy are they? I know that when Youngs alleged test results were leaked last year, a lot of people were upset.People were upset because it was a 6. It's a public record from the combine results. Just like your forty time.

Teddy would have been tied for second this year but was third in 2004.

Lehman, Teddy Oklahoma 39

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/Wonderlic.htm#rb

TripleOption14
5/21/2007, 08:00 AM
I'm with Singer on this one! The Wonderlic doesn't tell a team a DAMN thing about a player. Sort of like the GRE doesn't tell one a damn thing about how a student will do in grad school. I actually think teams know this and don't put to much stock into the test. These guys aren't gonna be at a desk job they're football players. If you want to truly get see how smart they are watch some game film on them in pressure situations.

sanantoniosooner
5/21/2007, 08:07 AM
The Wonderlic is EXACTLY the reason Marino could never win the big one. He's a hall of fame player, but every time he sniffed real success he remembered his score.

TUSooner
5/21/2007, 08:23 AM

We just like to know that there really are people out there who are dumber than we are.

hybridworks
5/21/2007, 09:20 AM
I dont trust anything that has Zabransky rated high...

perculator
5/23/2007, 10:28 AM

cracks me up.........yep, he blew 'em away didn't he? :rolleyes:

Passing
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2006 Tennessee Titans 15 13 357 184 51.5 2199 6.16 53 12 13 25/129 33 1 66.7

Punditone
5/24/2007, 01:05 PM
People were upset because it was a 6. It's a public record from the combine results. Just like your forty time.

Teddy would have been tied for second this year but was third in 2004.

Lehman, Teddy Oklahoma 39

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/Wonderlic.htm#rb

If you google nfl wonderlic confidential, you get a whole lot of hits. Each one says that the NFL has deemed the Wonderlic scores confidential, but leaks occur. Roger Goodell said this year that if he could prove someone was leaking scores, he would punish them under the detrimental to the league rules. Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2848575)

Big Red Ron
5/24/2007, 05:13 PM
If you google nfl wonderlic confidential, you get a whole lot of hits. Each one says that the NFL has deemed the Wonderlic scores confidential, but leaks occur. Roger Goodell said this year that if he could prove someone was leaking scores, he would punish them under the detrimental to the league rules. Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2848575)Yeah, that's a new interpretation. Let's call it the "Vince Young" rule. There's the "Roy Williams" rule and now this.