PDA

View Full Version : Integris Cody commercial makes me sad

stoopified
5/18/2007, 05:10 PM
The first few times I saw it it touched me and made me a little sad.The last several times It has come on it just makes me ill.The only thing that goes through my mind is if I were to lose Ryan ((3) or Jason (6 Weeks) to a traffic accident I am afraid I would not be overly concerned with saving another child.I know that this is not a proper reaction for a Christian to have but I think I would have angry words for GOD.

The fact that I take that commercial so personally bothers me a great deal.The only thing I can figure is the birth of Jason Charles(Jace) 6 weeks ago has made me hypersensitive.I admire the courage and compassion that it takes to put aside personal tragedy and think of others,I just don't know is I am capable of that and I pray I NEVER have to be tested in such a way. I just need to get this off my chest,thanks.

mdklatt
5/18/2007, 05:12 PM
All those Integris commercials make me lose my ****. :( :O

Those maniuplative bastards!

Mongo
5/18/2007, 05:13 PM
Before Mongo Jr, I thought it was a sad thing, now I cant watch it. Yes, it has a great ending, but it is too much.

The wife unit starts to tear up and leaves the room.

Soonrboy
5/18/2007, 05:20 PM
It was Cody's destiny to save another life that day...
man, has to be my worst fear..something happening to one of mine

stoopified
5/18/2007, 05:24 PM
Glad to see I am not THE ONLY PERSON that gets upset at the thought.I guess it is a parent thing.

Tailwind
5/18/2007, 05:27 PM
No matter how old they get, they're still your babies.

OKC-SLC
5/18/2007, 05:51 PM
I'm not down that way--what's the synopsis of the commercial.

mdklatt
5/18/2007, 05:55 PM
I'm not down that way--what's the synopsis of the commercial.

It's about a kid who dies in a car accident, and one of his donated organs saves another kid. There's a real sad song playing, too. All the Integris commercials are like that. Another one that gets to me is about a little boy who get a cochlear implant, and the tagline is "On such such day at such and such PM, [little boy] heard his father's voice for the very first time." And I don't even have kids; I can't imagine watching these commercials if I was a parent.

OKC-SLC
5/18/2007, 06:20 PM
yeah, I seem to remember the cochlear implant one. thanks mdklatt.

SoonerBorn68
5/18/2007, 06:46 PM
I have to turn the channel when those commercials come on or I'll lose it. I just can't imagine one of my kids on that table. :(

Suerreal
5/19/2007, 12:19 AM
I just can't imagine one of my kids on that table.

Actually, you just did, however unimaginable it seems. And that's the point...

Awful as it is, the truth is that kids are killed in accidents, and if parents have at least heard of the need for organs before they are faced with the worst day of their lives, there is a much better chance that they will agree to donate vital organs.

- Sue

picasso
5/19/2007, 08:20 AM
the one that always gets to me the most is the story of Timmy falling down the well.:(

Sooner24
5/19/2007, 10:31 AM
The first few times I saw it it touched me and made me a little sad.The last several times It has come on it just makes me ill.The only thing that goes through my mind is if I were to lose Ryan ((3) or Jason (6 Weeks) to a traffic accident I am afraid I would not be overly concerned with saving another child.I know that this is not a proper reaction for a Christian to have but I think I would have angry words for GOD.

The fact that I take that commercial so personally bothers me a great deal.The only thing I can figure is the birth of Jason Charles(Jace) 6 weeks ago has made me hypersensitive.I admire the courage and compassion that it takes to put aside personal tragedy and think of others,I just don't know is I am capable of that and I pray I NEVER have to be tested in such a way. I just need to get this off my chest,thanks.

Those commercials are hard to watch and my kids are 24 and 20. That said my whole family, wife, both kids and myself have the organ donor box checked on our driver license just incase the worst happens. What a waste it would be to know that your loved one died and that was it. The biggest thing I regret when my brother died was they didn't donate his organs.

Hamhock
5/19/2007, 10:58 AM
the one that always gets to me the most is the story of Timmy falling down the well.:(

i know what you mean. i'm always afraid lassie isn't going to remember how to get back to the well, or that he may find a stray poodle to hump on his way.

stoopified
5/19/2007, 08:04 PM
Actually, you just did, however unimaginable it seems. And that's the point...

Awful as it is, the truth is that kids are killed in accidents, and if parents have at least heard of the need for organs before they are faced with the worst day of their lives, there is a much better chance that they will agree to donate vital organs.

- Sue
True.There is NO doubt that they are effective commercials and they DO make people think.