PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Losing your wallet is a TREMENDOUS pain in the tuchus

Frozen Sooner
5/18/2007, 03:00 PM
Especially if you're an idiot and were carrying your birth certificate in it from the last time you had to prove citizenship for employment. Grrrr.

sooner_born_1960
5/18/2007, 03:03 PM
I know how to cancel credit cards, but how do you cancel a birth certificate?

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2007, 03:07 PM
If your tuchas is hurting that much I think I know where you lost the wallet.

Frozen Sooner
5/18/2007, 03:15 PM
I know how to cancel credit cards, but how do you cancel a birth certificate?

Well, not only that, but I've STILL never been able to figure out why you actually NEED a certificate showing you were born. Res ipsa loquitor.

Anyhow, I've located my birth certificate-I guess I was smart enough to put it in the safe deposit box after all. Now I get to go stand in line at DMV with my W2, work ID, and birth certificate.

Credit cards are all cancelled.

King Crimson
5/18/2007, 03:22 PM
that's a drag Mike. my sister had her whatever you call the thing girls carry that has all their cc's and such stolen about 3 months ago. first thing the thief did was buy about 30$ worth of junkfood at the gas station and then drove across town (Dallas) and bought about 100$ of women's clothing at some mall department store. talk about a blowout. dare to dream.

can't you use a passport at the DMV?

Frozen Sooner
5/18/2007, 03:26 PM
Well, I could. If I had a passport.

KC//CRIMSON
5/18/2007, 03:29 PM
If I lost my wallet I would be saying something a lot more vulgar than tuchus.;)

StoopTroup
5/18/2007, 03:36 PM
Without a Birth Certificate...I'd have to show the 47 year old film my Dad took of my birth.

These days it's so easy...

Out pops your kid and in just a few minutes you can post the live birth on the internet...:D

C&CDean
5/18/2007, 03:39 PM
I recently had to reorder my birth certificate. Y'all would be proud. I did it online for like $15. And no, my old one didn't disintegrate from age.

King Crimson
5/18/2007, 03:44 PM

get one. it's easy and if you had one, you could go on exotic sex vacations in SE asia. they are all the rage with german and japanese biz execs.

wait, that didn't sound right.

MamaMia
5/18/2007, 03:47 PM
Losing your spare keys isn't any fun either. I'm having to ask every place I go if they found my keys. From now on I think I'll put a little tag on my keys with my phone number. :O

GottaHavePride
5/18/2007, 03:52 PM
Losing your spare keys isn't any fun either. I'm having to ask every place I go if they found my keys. From now on I think I'll put a little tag on my keys with my phone number. :O

Yes. That's a good idea. So when you lose your keys the person can search your phone number, find out where you live, and steal everything you own by using your own keys to unlock the place.

If I lost my keys, I'd be changing all my locks. But I'm a suspicious bastard.

C&CDean
5/18/2007, 03:54 PM
get one. it's easy and if you had one, you could go on exotic sex vacations in SE asia. they are all the rage with german and japanese biz execs.

wait, that didn't sound right.

I'ma hafta get one. You can't even go to the Caribbean anymore without a passport. That's how I lost my birth certificate. I think I left it in a hotel in Grand Cayman.

Scott D
5/18/2007, 03:56 PM
I'll tell you I found your keys after I clean you out of your allergy medication GHP.

BTW, I love this new big screen TV that Mike Rich just bought me.

C&CDean
Yes. That's a good idea. So when you lose your keys the person can search your phone number, find out where you live, and steal everything you own by using your own keys to unlock the place.

If I lost my keys, I'd be changing all my locks. But I'm a suspicious bastard.

I haven't had a house key for over 4 years. My house hasn't been locked in that time. And if you need to steal a truck, tractor, 4-wheeler, boat, and anything else with a motor you can help yourself. The keys are in the ignition.

StoopTroup
Why are passports so darn expensive?

That process is harder than getting a green card.

Mjcpr
5/18/2007, 03:57 PM
I'ma hafta get one. You can't even go to the Caribbean anymore without a passport. That's how I lost my birth certificate. I think I left it in a hotel in Grand Cayman.

Somewhere down there is a native hillbilly living it up under the C&CDean identity.

:D

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't had a house key for over 4 years. My house hasn't been locked in that time. And if you need to steal a truck, tractor, 4-wheeler, boat, and anything else with a motor you can help yourself. The keys are in the ignition.
You think I'm coming over there with all the snakes?

StoopTroup
5/18/2007, 03:58 PM
I need a bucket-truck with a 60 foot beam...there are a few trees here that need some attention....

Do you deliver? ;)

King Crimson
5/18/2007, 03:59 PM

it's easy. you get the forms at the post office/or online. and all you really have to do is go to someplace like Kinko's and get the photos made.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2007, 03:59 PM
You think I'm coming over there with all the snakes?

ditto

GottaHavePride
5/18/2007, 04:06 PM
No way would I come take stuff from Casa de Dean. You'd go and tell DC that I'm a stray cat.

StoopTroup
5/18/2007, 04:08 PM
I'm looking at my birth certificate...

Nowhere do I see where it says I'm an amalgamate...

Paperclip
5/18/2007, 04:10 PM
my sister had her whatever you call the thing girls carry that has all their cc's and such stolen about 3 months ago.

Husband?

King Crimson
5/18/2007, 04:15 PM
Husband?

nice, Clip. spek. actually my sis has a real good job.

C&CDean
5/18/2007, 04:19 PM
No way would I come take stuff from Casa de Dean. You'd go and tell DC that I'm a stray cat.

And you'll find my wallet in the little thingy between the seats in whatever vehicle I've driven last. Or in my briefcase when I travel.

I always figure that I don't steal anybody elses ****, and they won't steal mine. No worries. Of course if they do try and steal my ****, they'll either get away with it (guess they needed it more than me) or they'll get shot.

stoopified
5/18/2007, 04:27 PM
Don't you need a passport totravel between Alaska and the USA? :D

I lost my wallet about 5 years ago and was having to go through all kinds of crap to get my license and so forth replaced when I found it about 2 months latewr.

Here is the kicker when I lost it I called a local theater because THAT WAS the last place I had it.They said they didn't find it.Anyhow about 2 MONTHS laterI am still waiting on my DL and went to this theater again.I always sit in the middle of the third row so while I was waiting for the movie to start I lookede under my row and the row in front of me,guess what I found?

Thats right my wallet.All the ID,pictures,credit cards and EVERYTHING intact including about $50 cash.Think about the gravity of what I am saying here.NO ONE (patron employee )noticed it lying on the floor for TWO MONTHS.It does make wonder how well it was searched for and also how well (or not) that this theater is cleaned.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2007, 04:38 PM
Don't you need a passport totravel between Alaska and the USA? :D

I lost my wallet about 5 years ago and was having to go through all kinds of crap to get my license and so forth replaced when I found it about 2 months latewr.

Here is the kicker when I lost it I called a local theater because THAT WAS the last place I had it.They said they didn't find it.Anyhow about 2 MONTHS laterI am still waiting on my DL and went to this theater again.I always sit in the middle of the third row so while I was waiting for the movie to start I lookede under my row and the row in front of me,guess what I found?

Thats right my wallet.All the ID,pictures,credit cards and EVERYTHING intact including about $50 cash.Think about the gravity of what I am saying here.NO ONE (patron employee )noticed it lying on the floor for TWO MONTHS.It does make wonder how well it was searched for and also how well (or not) that this theater is cleaned.

I kinda did the same thing. Lost it, figured it was lost at the movies, went back after 2 showings and there it was, against the wall of the seat.

Mongo
5/18/2007, 04:39 PM
Either yall watch some ****ty movies that no one goes to or the theaters yall go to never clean up:D

stoopified
5/18/2007, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=Mongo]Either yall watch some ****ty movies that no one goes to or the theaters yall go to never clean up:D[/QUOTEThats what I'm thinking,but we only have 2 theaters and 5 screens in townand no other movie theaters within about thirty miles.]

Scott D
5/18/2007, 04:58 PM
Either yall watch some ****ty movies that no one goes to or the theaters yall go to never clean up:D

Not everyone goes to see "The Devil in Miss Jones and Debbie Does Dallas" double feature in the plush velvet seat theatres that you do.

Mongo
5/18/2007, 05:04 PM
Not everyone goes to see "The Devil in Miss Jones and Debbie Does Dallas" double feature in the plush velvet seat theatres that you do.

That is a nice theater. They just need to space the seats out a little further, it is hard to concentrate when another dudes elbow keeps shaking the armrest.

birddog
5/18/2007, 05:17 PM
a month ago some meth freak stole my wallet with my driver's license, debit card, and social security card. i guess i left it on the counter and went back for it 20 mins. later. well, the lady at 7-11 said she didn't see it. a couple of days ago a detective said he arrested a guy with my wallet. he had made some fake checks and was trying to pass them around town. he also tried to get a $500 loan at a cash advance place.

so, this dude has a court appearance that i will go to and on the paperwork i filled out, i recommended jail time and drug treatment.

that'll learn him for a while. unless it doesn't.

Scott D
5/18/2007, 06:12 PM
dude, didn't mike rich already apologize for taking your wallet mistakenly?

MamaMia
5/18/2007, 06:22 PM

If I lost my keys, I'd be changing all my locks. But I'm a suspicious bastard. Can they really do that if you're unlisted?

mdklatt
5/18/2007, 06:34 PM
Can they really do that if you're unlisted?

Give us your phone number and we'll see if we can figure out your address....

:twinkies:

soonerboomer93
5/18/2007, 06:36 PM
I have 2 copies of my birth certificate

I here under lock and key with my passport, another one in the US w/ the copies of the data page from my passport

Oh, and it only took me 2 days to get my passport :D

BajaOklahoma
5/18/2007, 08:23 PM
Lil Baja lost her billfold two years ago - driver's license, school ID, SS card (she was applying for a job).
I had a copy of the birth certificate and she had an old school ID with her picture on it. So we were able to get a new SS card.
She had to have the SS card and the birth certificate to get her driver license - duh! They have her picture on the driver's license to compare to her - and we were having it sent to the same address.
Cancelled the credit card - actually just got a new account number. They delivered it in 48 hours so we could continue spending our money.

MamaMia
5/18/2007, 09:34 PM
Give us your phone number and we'll see if we can figure out your address....

:twinkies:I would rather not.