PDA

View Full Version : Would it be wrong

Osce0la
5/18/2007, 09:34 AM
to punch a bum?

Here is what happened that raises this question...

I am at the gas station yesterday afternoon and this guy walks up to me and says "I ain't looking for no trouble, sir, I ain't lookin for no trouble...I know I'm a n*gger, I know I'm a n*gger" (and I kinda stand there shocked that he just said that to me)...he continues on rambling about something and finally gets to the point and asks if I have any money I can give him so he can get something to eat. I tell him I don't carry cash on me very often and I don't have any cash on me right now. He then asks "you don't have any change or anything?" so I pull out everything (the 1 receipt) that I have in my pocket and told him "this is all I have on me right now" (a receipt won't buy you food)...Well, as he is talking to me a woman pulls up on the other side of the pump, he finally gives up on trying to get money from me and walks to the other side of the pump to ask her for money. Here is the part that made me want to knock him the **** out - he tells the woman "the white man over there won't give me any money, you're a sista, can you help me. That white man don't wanna help me" :mad:

Maybe it is just me, but it seemed to me that he was basically telling the woman that I wouldn't help him out because I am not black, the fact that he walked up to me basically telling me that I thought he was a n*gger didn't help matters. I wanted to knock the s*** outta that guy...

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2007, 09:37 AM
Pat Bateman would have helped

OUDoc
5/18/2007, 09:40 AM
Yup, you hate black people. ;)

Osce0la
5/18/2007, 09:43 AM
Yup, you hate black people. ;)
Well, obviously...I mean, I didn't give the man any money...I probably would have if he had been white though.

;)

OUDoc
5/18/2007, 09:50 AM
Can I have some then?

SoonerTech
5/18/2007, 09:54 AM
I had a bum walk up to me in New York once, and I gave him all the change I had in my pocket, saying "sorry it's all I have on me (I think it was around 60 cents). He then proceeds to give me crap about it. I told him if he doesn't want it to give it back but he shut up. I don't have a problem if you are having a hard time and have to beg for money, but at least be a little thankful that I would give you anything.

Fraggle145
5/18/2007, 09:58 AM
I refuse to give bums money. Apparently I have a scent that says I want to give you money. They come out of the wood work to find me. I say knock that guy da **** out.

**** you, get a job ya bum. :mad:

yermom
5/18/2007, 10:01 AM
he's a bum, **** him

those people will say anything to get a dollar for booze or whatever

King Crimson
5/18/2007, 10:01 AM
i'm a big fan of this exchange:

"hey buddy, how 'bout some change?"

"sorry, i don't have any change"

"whowwelll, how about a dollar?"

Hamhock
5/18/2007, 10:03 AM
i used to work in the Williams Tower. I was too cheap to pay for parking so I parked on the street, a couple of blocks north of the tower. Sometimes way up by I-244. I was also a pushover for people in need.

I kept track one month and I would have been way ahead to pay to park.

I have since wised up and generally don't give them any money. It was amazing to me that some of the folks couldn't remember that they gave me the exact same story just yesterday (sometimes that morning) about their job interview across town for which they needed gas.

Thanks to my conceal carry license, I now shoot them on the spot.

Osce0la
5/18/2007, 10:04 AM
I had a bum walk up to me in New York once, and I gave him all the change I had in my pocket, saying "sorry it's all I have on me (I think it was around 60 cents). He then proceeds to give me crap about it. I told him if he doesn't want it to give it back but he shut up. I don't have a problem if you are having a hard time and have to beg for money, but at least be a little thankful that I would give you anything.
I was in the drive thru on my lunch break one day, only had $5 on me. A guy came up to my window while I was in line waiting to order and asked if I could get him a burger or fries or anything. I told him I only have $5 on me, but I should be able to get him a Rally Burger - he looks at me and says "You can'g get me a Big Buford?" WTF? You're getting food, be grateful. Apparently a Rally Burger wasn't good enough for him, because I saw him leave the parking lot before I could even get up there to place my order...

Petro-Sooner
5/18/2007, 10:06 AM
I get hit on for money all the time in downtown OKC. They dont get a dime from me. I've heard the scam stories from co-workers. I need money for a bus ticket. :rolleyes:

Boomer.....
5/18/2007, 10:20 AM
There is an old bum who stands on 71st just west of US 169 in Tulsa. He always stands there in his khakis holding a sign that says "Anything Helps" while the Braums across the street has a now hiring banner up. What sucks is that I have seen more people give him money than every other bum combined. I never feel sorry for them.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/18/2007, 10:21 AM
Why do you hate black bums?

;)

P.S. I'm going to rpint up some cards with direction to the nearest Salvation Army location and hand it out when they hit me up...

frankensooner
5/18/2007, 10:30 AM
My favorite bums are the ones at 23 and Broadway in OKC. Yeah, I know where you are going when you hit a buck-ninety, right over to Byrons for some wine!!! ;) oh, and I never give them money either.

soonerinabilene
5/18/2007, 10:42 AM
Its amazing how many times ive been asked for money cuz they are hungry, and when i offer to buy them something to eat, they get p*ssed and just want the money.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2007, 10:43 AM
Your "revolution" is over, Mr.Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!

...My advice is, do what your parents did! Get a job, sir! The bums will always lose-- do you hear me, Lebowski? THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS...

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2007, 10:57 AM
He said take any rug in the house...