PDA

View Full Version : Coach Gasso - We play for championships.

jrsooner
5/17/2007, 06:13 PM
You gotta love it! Coach Gasso is asked about if the team has talked about the championship... here's her response. The bold is my emphasis.

Gasso on National Championship
"I think, with the tradition that we have at our university and its softball program, that is what we play for. If we are not talking about it, and if it's not something we are striving for, then we are not who we say we are. At the University of Oklahoma, we play for championships. That has really been our motto throughout this season. Every tournament we go to, we want to win this championship. It is always on our mind and has always been a goal, especially for these seniors. Noelle has been talking about this for over a year. It is something that is achievable, but there are still many steps along the way. And this is one of them. It is all about really staying focused and not looking ahead at what is there. Just taking this one game at a time."

I feel sorry for colgate tomorrow!

Here's the page to the main page, then choose the OU press conference for the whole thing.
http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/07-ncaa-softbl-regional.html?DB_OEM_ID=300

oklaclarinet
5/17/2007, 07:36 PM
This kind of talk makes me proud to be a Sooner!