PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I might be heading to Nigeria in June...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:10 PM
Anyone want me to contact any of those emails people with all the money for you while I'm there? ;)

royalfan5
5/17/2007, 12:12 PM
Do you work for Chevron? They seem to have worse luck than Shell with kidnapped employees. Either way good luck.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:14 PM
Do you work for Chevron? They seem to have worse luck than Shell with kidnapped employees. Either way good luck.

No, I work for a major you don't here too much about in Nigeria...

Plus, I would have to get Global Security to approve the trip, but its project related, not typically denied.

royalfan5
5/17/2007, 12:17 PM
No, I work for a major you don't here too much about in Nigeria...

Plus, I would have to get Global Security to approve the trip, but its project related, not typically denied.
So there is a major in Nigeria that doesn't have employees getting kidnapped, and **** blown up? I suppose that would be the one to work for then.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:24 PM
So there is a major in Nigeria that doesn't have employees getting kidnapped, and **** blown up? I suppose that would be the one to work for then.

Yeah, it all depends on where you are in the country and keeping the locals legally happy...

royalfan5
5/17/2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it all depends on where you are in the country and keeping the locals legally happy...
Which apparently Shell and Chevron suck at.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:30 PM
Which apparently Shell and Chevron suck at.

Yes, yes, yes they do...That and they are located on land and in easily accessible areas...

Petro-Sooner
5/17/2007, 12:35 PM
What line of work are you in?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:37 PM
What line of work are you in?

Human Factors and Safety. I support among many things, the design/construction of new upstream projects from a safety, loss prevention, ergonomics stand point.

sooner_born_1960
5/17/2007, 12:40 PM
Human Factors and Safety. I support among many things, the design/construction of new upstream projects from a safety, loss prevention, ergonomics stand point.
Most ambiguous post ever.

Petro-Sooner
5/17/2007, 12:43 PM

:D

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:44 PM

Heh!

I suspect Petro knows what I'm talking about...

OUinFLA
5/17/2007, 12:46 PM
loss prevention?

I think the email checking out has merit, now.

Im getting a bit tired of waiting on the lawyer who promised me the 12 Million bucks from my dead relatives. Neither my sister nor I remember them too well. RIP.

Im more inclined to trust the scam artist that is sending me the 8 million of dubious origin, which we plan to split.

Petro-Sooner
5/17/2007, 12:47 PM
Heh!

I suspect Petro knows what I'm talking about...

Actually no. I lick rocks for a living. :D :hot:

TheHumanAlphabet
5/17/2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, I guess I'm too imbedded into the lingo...

Loss Prevention = protecting the asset from major damage from fire, explosion, etc.
Human Factors = Ergonomics = Human/Machine Interface, task safety, lifting training and job design, etc.
Project = the thing that is built to bring oil out of the ground

Rock licker, sheesh...
;)