PDA

View Full Version : What does Barnes & Noble and UPS have in common with me?

MamaMia
5/17/2007, 11:27 AM
A really good book. :P

I accidentally got a book from Barnes and Nobles. I have a membership card.

The UPS delivered the book to me. It was even addressed to my name and had the clinic address on the package. When I opened it, I found a really good book and a billing statement showing the name of the person who ordered the book. She was listed in the phone book and lived one town over. I called her to tell her I had her book but the phone was disconnected, so I called the only person I knew who was related to her. They really don't get along too well but I'm hoping they will mend their fences. So anyway, she told me that the person who ordered and paid for the book had moved away and nobody had her address or phone number. Apparently, shes estranging herself from her family at the moment.

So then I called the Barnes and Nobles and told them about my dilemma. By then, I was on the second chapter and not really wanting to give the book back. I offered to pay for it but they said that would just cause a big paperwork mess and that it wasn't worth an 8.00 book, and for me to go ahead and keep it. Well, now they filed a claim with the UPS insurance people even though it was them who made the mistake! Now UPS is mad at me because I threw the billing statement away and I wont give the book back.

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2007, 11:54 AM
I bet you're the one who got my order from the Adult Toy Store.:(

Melo
5/17/2007, 12:04 PM
So..... whats the book?

MamaMia
5/17/2007, 12:05 PM
I bet you're the one who got my order from the Adult Toy Store.:(
Well now, that depends. What was it? :P

MamaMia
5/17/2007, 12:06 PM
So..... whats the book?Oh, the book. Its called Purple Hibiscus.

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2007, 12:13 PM
Well now, that depends. What was it? :PAn adult DVD titled "Hidden Vids from Lake Overholster circa 1972".;)

MamaMia
5/17/2007, 12:28 PM
An adult DVD titled "Hidden Vids from Lake Overholster circa 1972".;) Is the 1st in the series titled...'Take Me Home, I want My Daddy', and the 2nd one 'Just a Little Bit Longer' with the last in the series being, 'No More Huggy and No Kissy Till You Make Me Your Wife'? :O

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2007, 01:30 PM
Is the 1st in the series titled...'Take Me Home, I want My Daddy', and the 2nd one 'Just a Little Bit Longer' with the last in the series being, 'No More Huggy and No Kissy Till You Make Me Your Wife'? :OSpek!