PDA

View Full Version : On A Serious Note...

SteelClip49
5/17/2007, 01:20 AM
:(

My grandmother had a stroke on May 4th and it ended up not being as bad once my family and I got to see her in Enid. She was responsive somewhat but was not able to function well. She spent around ten days in Enid at the hospital to be monitored and worked on. As time went on, we found out that she had a small aneurysm in her brain in the speech area. She also had some blockage in her neck area. The worst was yet to come. We found out that one of her arteries leading onto the heart was 60 percent clogged and that another was 100 percent clogged. The doctors at the heart hospital here in OKC found out that that a heart attack may have occured before the stroke. She had QUADRUPLE BYPASS surgery around 1 pm yesterday and that took nearly 4 hours. Everything went well as my family was updating me. But, as time went on, the bleeding would not stop so they had to take her back into surgery and this time she is not bleeding as much. She is progressing just fine but very slowly.

And to think that I talked to her 2 hours prior to all this on the 4th after my last final and she was just her normal self. 2 hours later it's not the same and may never be the same again. I just hope that God can grant her a miracle to make it out of this and get back to us all. When something like this happens to a parent, grandparent, relative of a friend you really feel for them and want to do anything to help out and I have done that but when it happens to you like it has happened to me, I just became totally out of it. It really hit hard when she went into surgery because you never know what will come of it.

I figure some of you could send a prayer her way if you don't mind. I have seen posters on here before ask for prayer requests and seeing all of you who do say a prayer is a nice thing.

OCUDad
5/17/2007, 01:24 AM
Prayers and good wishes coming toward you and your grandmother.

birddog
5/17/2007, 01:26 AM
rough stuff. prayers to your family.

soonerboomer93
5/17/2007, 01:32 AM
hopefully she will improve soon...

StoopTroup
5/17/2007, 01:56 AM
Prayers on the way....

Tailwind
5/17/2007, 03:03 AM
Granted. I hope they can get her better very quickly. What have they done about the anurism?

achiro
5/17/2007, 07:12 AM
So sorry to hear, prayers to you all.

OUDoc
5/17/2007, 07:54 AM
Hope everything turns out well.
BTW, who is her doc in Enid?

olevetonahill
5/17/2007, 08:40 AM
In , May you all have the strenght to get thru this

Boomer.....
5/17/2007, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent.

crawfish
5/17/2007, 09:16 AM
:(

Sorry. Thoughts and prayers...

MamaMia
5/17/2007, 09:24 AM
I figure some of you could send a prayer her way if you don't mind. I have seen posters on here before ask for prayer requests and seeing all of you who do say a prayer is a nice thing.Yes, prayer is a very nice thing. I'm sending one up for your family today. :)

SteelClip49
5/17/2007, 11:31 AM
thanks for all the prayers. She is progressing very slowly and your help I feel is getting her through this.

OUDoc, the main doctor was out of the country I believe and there was a "fill-in;" I don't know if that is the proper term, but he is from India and did a great job leading up to the transfer to the OHH. I will get that name soon.

OUDoc
5/17/2007, 11:34 AM
OUDoc, the main doctor was out of the country I believe and there was a "fill-in;" I don't know if that is the proper term, but he is from India and did a great job leading up to the transfer to the OHH. I will get that name soon.
Just curious. I've got a buddy who's primary care in Enid.

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2007, 11:51 AM
Prayers from the Mountain.

Newbomb Turk
5/17/2007, 12:11 PM
you got it. Hope she continues to improve.

SteelClip49
5/18/2007, 01:02 PM
More terrible news has just hit our family. We just found out that one of her lungs has collapsed. She is a strong-willed person with a lot of heart and is just a good, all-around person. There are a lot of people in this world who are like that who become sick and at times can't stop it. The words of Dicky V remind us always about the famous words of Jimmy V and I keep saying it over and over and over again. She did no crime but has to suffer. She has the spirit of Jimmy V in her and she will fight to win this battle. Again everyone, thanks for the prayers. God Bless.

BajaOklahoma
5/18/2007, 05:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers.