PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds' Return

htownsooner7
5/16/2007, 05:00 PM
Can someone provide feedback as to when Reynolds will be ready to play? I know the original report said 4-6 months but I don't know when that projection runs from. I also know that come back dates fluctuate after the surgery occurs due to the fact that the Doctors have better perspective of the situation. Also, is there any concern about his ability to bounce back in star fashion? He has endured 2 major operations and I would think his speed may have been compromised. I'd love to see him, Reed, and Lofton in dominant form by Miami or at least for the RRS but don't know what to expect. Thanks.

bixby28
5/16/2007, 05:17 PM
I didn't realize the injury was going to demand a 4-6 month rehab. I've tried looking for a link on the details of his injury but i've found nothing. All I remember is that it's not as serious as the knee injury he had early last fall.

He's going to be a big contributor to the defense in the future, so I hope he's fine by the opener.

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:26 PM
From everything I have heard and read(which could very easily be wrong), he will be back between the end of Aug and the end of Sept

goingoneight
5/16/2007, 10:33 PM
It was an LCL, right? Nowadays you're on your feet within two weeks, and jogging in four. I can imagine with all of the nutrients and supplements available in D-1 college football, that he'll be a definite 100% as far as physical ability in July/August. Making up for lost time in practice (technique) may be the killer for him. He's gonna have to learn to trust himself again, because a lot of people get scared of re-injury and end up underperforming.

I_Live_In_OK
5/16/2007, 10:39 PM
It was an LCL injury, and as of late-March, he was projected to be out four to six weeks.

http://www.searchok.com/article/3033012

insuranceman_22
5/16/2007, 11:55 PM
I just hope he gets a chance to perform......most of us think he may have what it takes to be special. Thats saying something if you're a Sooner!

rankin07
5/17/2007, 12:12 AM
i have a feeling reynold's will have a rocky calmus/teddy lehman type impact before he leaves oklahoma..i think he will make all-american and be a butkus finalist..he has that kind of potential

CatfishSooner
5/17/2007, 01:47 AM
i have a feeling reynold's will have a rocky calmus/teddy lehman type impact before he leaves oklahoma..i think he will make all-american and be a butkus finalist..he has that kind of potential

I agree...he'll be a good one!

stoopified
5/17/2007, 06:50 AM
i have a feeling reynold's will have a rocky calmus/teddy lehman type impact before he leaves oklahoma..i think he will make all-american and be a butkus finalist..he has that kind of potentialIF he can get healthy and stay that way I agree.Jury is still out on health issues at this time IMHO.

Scott D
5/17/2007, 07:59 AM
knee ligament injuries can be freakish...there are too many ways that they happen, but most of the time in athletics it's related to more development of the muscles surrounding the knee without strengthening the knee.

htownsooner7
5/17/2007, 09:17 AM
No one has really addressed the speed issue. My understanding is that speed was one of his key assets. Have these injuries knocked him down to mere mortal status, sorta like a power hitter who can't hit HRs anymore?? Also, the depth chart shows him and Reed battling for MLB? Do you find this as accurate or will they both be on the field at the same time?

Collier11
5/17/2007, 10:28 AM
They said his speed was fine after the last injuries...correct me if im wrong cus Ive been lucky enough to never have a bad knee injury but isnt it the quickness and cutting that are affected more than the actual straight line speed?

Scott D
5/17/2007, 12:41 PM
it can slow you down, but that has become less of a factor as there have been improvements in both the surgical and rehabilitation side of things.