PDA

View Full Version : Team Analysis 2007: Strengths and Weaknesses

Collier11
5/16/2007, 04:32 PM
Not a lot to talk about right now so I thought I would do some team analysis. This is based off of how good I think we would perform right now, not potential, and is rated from best to worst from position to position!

1:Offensive Line

When you have Sherrone Moore, Chase Beeler, Brandon Braxton, and Brandon Walker as potential back-up, you have a great problem! Our two deep has 1 senior, 5 juniors, 3 sophomores, and 1 freshman. Needless to say, we are set for a while!

2: Wide receivers

Malcolm Kelly is an All-American, Manny and Iglesias are proven quality at the #2. Chaney looks to have finally turned the corner, and Tennell and Caleb are potential superstars.

3: Defensive Backs
Our DB's are studs when they arent busting, they played great for the second half of last year and if they continue that play, we are set. Reggie and MW are absolute Studs who could be AA's, Nic Harris is so good they cant find a position for him, and Lendy along with DJ, Clayton, and Williams are more than capable of starting for alot of D1 schools.

4: Backs

Allen Patrick has proven that he can carry the load and Mel Kiper even has him listed as the #5 back when it comes to next years draft. We all know that DM is going to be a superstar and Chris Brown did alot last year as a freshman. Dont forget we have Madu and Gute as well. Eldridge is a stud blocker and Pleasant, Clapp, and Zaslaw are more than capable.

5: Special Teams

Hartley is the best kicker in the country, we have two punters who are very good at what their respective jobs are, and our return game should be much better.

6: Tight End

Joe Jon is steady if not really good and Gresham is on the verge of very big things IMO. Should only be better

7: Linebackers

Alot of potential, not entirely proven yet. Could be a strength, Pleasant is pretty darn good, Reynolds will be great if he can ever stay healthy, Lofton played very well at times last year, Reed should be a star, and Baker is a solid player.

8: Defensive Line

Same as Linebackers. Alot of potential with Granger, Mccoy, Beal, and English. Bennett is solid and it appears that Dotson is finally ready to live up to some of his hype!

9: Quarterbacks

Probably the most upside of any position on the team, just not proven yet. Nichol appears to be a great get and could be a star and Bradford is very capable of being a good qb as well. It may be just me, but I think Halzle has not shot, but is a good guy to have on the team!

Let me know what you think!!!

illinisooner
5/16/2007, 05:54 PM
Too bad we won't have the best offense in the Big 12...you have to travel an hour up I-35 for that :(

MiccoMacey
5/16/2007, 07:59 PM
This is based off of how good I think we would perform right now, not potential...

1:Offensive Line

When you have Sherrone Moore, Chase Beeler, Brandon Braxton, and Brandon Walker as potential back-up...

2: Wide receivers

Malcolm Kelly is an All-American, Manny and Iglesias are proven quality at the #2. Chaney looks to have finally turned the corner, and Tennell and Caleb are potential superstars.

3: Defensive BacksReggie and MW are absolute Studs who could be ...

4: Backs

We all know that DM is going to be a superstar...

5: Special Teams

Hartley is the best kicker in the country, we have two punters who are very good at what their respective jobs are, and our return game should be much better.

6: Tight End

Joe Jon is steady if not really good and Gresham is on the verge of very big things IMO. Should only be better.

7: Linebackers

Alot of potential, not entirely proven yet.

8: Defensive Line

Same as Linebackers. Alot of potential with Granger, Mccoy, Beal, and English. Bennett is solid and it appears that Dotson is finally ready to live up to some of his hype!

9: Quarterbacks

Probably the most upside of any position on the team, just not proven yet.

Let me know what you think!!!

Shut up, Micco.

:D

Collier11
5/16/2007, 10:10 PM
Shut up, Micco.

:D

Notice that the rankings of the units were based on who I thought would perform the best. I made individual assesments based on what I thought they would do...big difference ****** :D

I_Live_In_OK
5/16/2007, 10:12 PM
Appreciate the analysis, and thanks for taking the time to write that. I enjoyed it.

Malcolm Kelly is an All-American

He is the best wide receiver in the Big 12 conference. Last season, Malcolm Kelly alone was responsible for over 37 percent of Paul Thompson's total yards passing. Week after week, we saw the talent and the maturity of a budding superstar merge closer and closer together as the near-limitless potential witnessed during his true freshmen season was coming into fruition.

Last season, Malcolm Kelly had 62 catches for 993 yards, and 10 touchdowns. In the Bob Stoops era, only Mark Clayton has had a better season across the board when MC had 83 catches, 1,425 yards and 15 touchdowns in that All-American 2003 season. Clayton then followed it up with another All-America season in 2004 before becoming the 22nd pick to the Baltimore Ravens in the 2005 NFL draft.

Last year, when OU threw the most passes - 34 pass attempts vs Nebraska, 33 pass attempts vs Washington, 32 vs Boise State, 31 vs Texas Tech - MK had his biggest games. Against Nebraska, in the Big 12 Championship game, at the time was the biggest college football game he had played, Kelly had 10 catches, 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. Against Washington, Kelly had 6 catches, 121 yards and 2 touchdowns. Against Boise State, he was injured and registered zero catches. Against Texas Tech, Kelly had 11 catches, 153 yards and 1 touchdown. It was clear over the course of the 2006 season that when OU wanted to throw, they knew who their go-to-guy was, and each time, he delivered. Kelly nearly amassed 1,000 yards in his true sophomore season despite not making a reception against Boise State, and only making one catch vs Texas A&M (when Paul Thompson only completed 3 passes out of 12 attempts) and Oklahoma State (when OU's leading receivers, Joe Jon Finley and Manuel Johnson, only had 2 receptions). He also only made 2 catches against Texas, and only 3 catches in two other games. Again, Kelly accounted for nearly 40 percent of Paul Thompson's total passing yards and only was 7 yards shy of becoming the second OU player ever to reach 1,000 yards receiving.

This offseason, Kelly has been held out of practice and contact drills because of surgery. Once he is healed by the fall, and OU's new quarterback has had more time working with the offense and getting comfortable behind a very talented offensive line and a good core of receivers (who will keep the double teams off of Kelly some plays), then MK will go back to being a dominant player on the field which defenses must account for on every play because of his size (6'4'', 200), his hands, his ball skills and his explosiveness.

goingoneight
5/16/2007, 10:25 PM
It really sucks that he got hurt. I'm glad he's feeling better, now though. He's a very lively guy and a great leader. He should be among the group of guys looking to take charge of their troops in game like Heupel in 2000, or (spit) like Vince for Texas in 2005.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 10:26 PM
don't count box out at linebacker. i saw him play twice last year and he is a gamer. he kinda reminded me of another kid from oklahoma that won a heisman a few years back. not flashy, not super fast but there.....all the time.....in your grill......

insuranceman_22
5/16/2007, 11:58 PM
Nicely done!

CatfishSooner
5/17/2007, 01:53 AM
:chicken:

auto
5/17/2007, 06:30 AM
Too bad we won't have the best offense in the Big 12...you have to travel an hour up I-35 for that :(

:D :D Now that's funny, just not the Big12, the world

Scott D
5/17/2007, 08:02 AM
dude seriously, didn't anyone tell Collier that we're going to suck next season. ;)

DeBarr
5/17/2007, 08:36 AM
James Hale, is that you??

Collier11
5/17/2007, 10:18 AM
James Hale, is that you??

You are too much of a n00b to drop off a stupid joke, for that you get no spek!

;)

DeBarr
5/17/2007, 11:03 AM
Not to knocking your analysis at all. I was just pointing out that it sounded a lot like the standard James Hale report (i.e. we are stacked everywhere and all positive).

Trust me, this is the kind of offseason thread that people appreciate. Much better than the classic update about someones OU dynasty team on College Football 2006.

Collier11
5/17/2007, 11:11 AM
Im just giving you a hard time. Im just looking for something to talk about and keep me alive until football season gets here. Unfortunately I dont have access to any inside info so all I can offer are my opinions, which the relevance of can be argued ;)

DeBarr
5/17/2007, 11:31 AM
As for our QB situation, I think that our offensive system does not put a tremendous amount of pressure on the QB to constantly make great plays. So, if one of these 3 guys can step up and just be somewhat consistent and limit mistakes, we have a chance to be really good, considering the supporting cast our QB will have around him.

MichiganSooner
5/17/2007, 11:36 AM
Agree with your analysis. In the end, it depends on how hard they work during the offseason and of course practice and perform during the season. If they read their press clippings, bad things can happen.

Scott D
5/17/2007, 12:39 PM
Not to knocking your analysis at all. I was just pointing out that it sounded a lot like the standard James Hale report (i.e. we are stacked everywhere and all positive).

Trust me, this is the kind of offseason thread that people appreciate. Much better than the classic update about someones OU dynasty team on College Football 2006.

should have been obvious it was far better than an updat by James Hael. ;)

htownsooner7
5/17/2007, 01:35 PM
I am concerned about our ability to "attack" on defense. We will cover well with those db's and we should plug the middle with highly competent defensive tackles. However, we have no playmaking strong safety and our LB's have never had to do it on their own.

At QB, expect big things. I keep preaching this, but Tu had no idea what they had in Colt last year at this time. It's not that hard to be a very good qb when you are loaded at offensive line, throw a lot from the shotgun and have great skilled players. We have all that. Wouldn't be surprised if a star emerges..

Collier11
5/17/2007, 01:46 PM
Its def. true that with our O-line, Rb's, and Wr's that our Qb will have more success than most fresh qb's normally have. I am not worried about LB's because BV always has our LB's ready to play, I am a little concerned about our safeties. We seem to always have trouble with Safeties busting, even when we have good Defenses. ALot of that has to do with pass rush, so with those two areas performing good, we have a shot to make a title run without a doubt. If they struggle, we are gonna have to outscore some of the better teams

CatfishSooner
5/17/2007, 02:06 PM
:bsmf:

htownsooner7
5/18/2007, 12:10 PM
Did we just give up on Keenan Clayton? He had rave reviews until that Washington mistake. And I don't want to underestimate it, it was as bad a play as I have seen and the whole world could see it. That being said, he still has the size, speed etc..

Collier11
5/18/2007, 12:16 PM
I think he still has alot of potential obviously, but he has to earn the coaches trust back from what I hear and he did alot towards that because apparently he had a really good spring

htownsooner7
5/18/2007, 12:27 PM
Then, we have to throw him back up on the horse.

KYHonorarySooner
5/18/2007, 01:31 PM
Olin Buchanan of Rivals says Sooners poised for a good year and puts the f'ing Whorn in his place.

May 18, 2007

Olin Buchanan
Rivals.com College Football Senior Writer

Olin Buchanan is the senior college football writer for Rivals.com. He will be working all summer to get you ready for the start of Fall practice. No matter where we go, ultimately we always want to go home.

Home sweet home. Home is where the heart is. There's no place like home.

But nowhere does home seem more sacred than in college football, where big-time teams try to schedule as many home games as possible.

Kentucky, Pittsburgh, Arizona State, Stanford and Arkansas are among several teams across the country that will play eight home games in 2007. Rutgers plays its first five games at home and won't leave New Jersey until Oct. 13.

The top 10 teams in last season's final poll were a combined 66-3 at home.

The lesson here is to never forget the huge advantage good football teams have at home.

OLIN'S MAILBAG
Sooners safe at home
Why is everyone saying Oklahoma will be so good? I think they will go 8-5 or maybe 9-4. I don't think they will make the Big 12 championship game. I bet it will be Texas and Nebraska. What do you think?

— Austin in Austin
-----

What do I think? I think your bias is running hotter than the Hill Country in July. I can hardly wait for a rebuttal from Norman in Norman.

I've pored over Oklahoma's schedule and still don't see four losses - and definitely not five. OU's road games are at Tulsa, Colorado, Iowa State, Texas (neutral site) and Texas Tech, so you must be counting on the Sooners losing multiple games at home.

With eight home games, Bob Stoops and Oklahoma are in good shape.
In that case, you should demand a recount. In eight seasons under Bob Stoops, the Sooners are 47-2 at home with one loss coming to Oklahoma State in 2001 and the other to TCU in 2005.

The over/under on victories for Oklahoma is 10 — and probably always will be as long as Stoops continues to resist overtures from the NFL.

The 2007 Sooners will be good defensively, as Stoops' teams always are. The last seven OU teams ranked No. 16 or better nationally in total defense.

Also, the OU offense is loaded everywhere except quarterback. Joey Halzle, Sam Bradford and Keith Nichol are vying for the starting job.

But remember, the Sooners posted 11 victories with newcomer Nate Hybl at quarterback in 2001. Last year they won the Big 12 championship with Paul Thompson, who went into August expecting to be a receiver.

The quarterback situation is the reason I'd pick Texas over Oklahoma in the Big 12 South. But I won't be surprised if Oklahoma wins that game in Dallas and the division championship.

However, I will agree with you that Nebraska will probably represent the North Division in the Big 12 championship game.

Jello Biafra
5/18/2007, 03:03 PM
OLIN'S MAILBAG
Sooners safe at home
Why is everyone saying Oklahoma will be so good? I think they will go 8-5 or maybe 9-4. I don't think they will make the Big 12 championship game. I bet it will be Texas and Nebraska. What do you think?

— Austin in Austin
-----

we can all see now that Austin in Austin is the dime bag supplier to the past texas runningbacks. it's the only explanation for his mail.....

JDawg2303
5/18/2007, 04:30 PM
I agree with your assessment. I also liked Olin's article. I think this year's RRR will be the best game we will have (or it could go the opposite in a rout). Like always, however wins the RRR will win the Big XII and I see after last year's season we have more reason to be optimistic than the Whorns. We bring back a lot of our talent last year and we know that we can win without AD (dare I say we are just a little bit better, definately more balanced without AD). I am very excited about this season and can't wait.

toast
5/18/2007, 04:33 PM
If there was ever a year to break in a new quarterback, this is the year with experience and talent at the other positions.

At this point I am more concerned about our linebackers than I am quarterback.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2007, 12:46 PM
Did we just give up on Keenan Clayton? He had rave reviews until that Washington mistake. And I don't want to underestimate it, it was as bad a play as I have seen and the whole world could see it. That being said, he still has the size, speed etc..

i missed this whole thing..........what happened at WU? i either blocked it from memory or missed it or was standing in line at the concession stand....

I_Live_In_OK
5/19/2007, 07:28 PM
what happened at WU?

The entire defense had not performed very well in the lackluster season opener versus University of Alabama-Birmingham. The coaches were upset the entire week before Washington and emphasized better tackling. All the fans heard about was how much better the defense needed to be, and the coaches were very assertive about that - better positioning, better reacting, and there had better be improvement on tackling against the Huskies.

Well...what happened on the first offensive play of the game for Washington? Huskies RB Kenny James receives the handoff up the middle, ran past the first and second level of the defense, and ran right through Keenan Clayton for a 54-yard touchdown run at the 12:16 mark of the first quarter. Kenny James ran for only 53 yards total against San Jose State the week before in Washington's opener. He would only run for 416 yards the entire 2006 season. The 54-yard touchdown run was his career high. Stoops was not happy. Jason Carter subbed for Clayton sporadically for the rest of the first half. Carter nearly had two interceptions, a career-high six tackles and blocked a punt. Clayton would see no more light for the rest of the season. DJ Wolfe also rode the pine temporarily after he was burned late in the first half and we saw Lendy Holmes for the first time.

MojoRisen
5/19/2007, 09:23 PM
Wolf maybe good at Saftey- we Shall see- however I would just play Darien Williams once he comes back at FS and Nic Harris at Strong Saftey- he has speed covers well- and definitely can hit and play the run.

Smith CB
Walker CB
Darien Williams FS
Nic Harris SS

Lendy should see action
Keenan clayton SS should see action
Wolf can play corner or Saftey now and will see action

Can anyone tell my Why we would not start Darien Williams at FS and just leave Nic Harris on the field as much as possible and just play him at SS???

Jello Biafra
5/19/2007, 09:30 PM
The entire defense had not performed very well in the lackluster season opener versus University of Alabama-Birmingham. The coaches were upset the entire week before Washington and emphasized better tackling. All the fans heard about was how much better the defense needed to be, and the coaches were very assertive about that - better positioning, better reacting, and there had better be improvement on tackling against the Huskies.

Well...what happened on the first offensive play of the game for Washington? Huskies RB Kenny James receives the handoff up the middle, ran past the first and second level of the defense, and ran right through Keenan Clayton for a 54-yard touchdown run at the 12:16 mark of the first quarter. Kenny James ran for only 53 yards total against San Jose State the week before in Washington's opener. He would only run for 416 yards the entire 2006 season. The 54-yard touchdown run was his career high. Stoops was not happy. Jason Carter subbed for Clayton sporadically for the rest of the first half. Carter nearly had two interceptions, a career-high six tackles and blocked a punt. Clayton would see no more light for the rest of the season. DJ Wolfe also rode the pine temporarily after he was burned late in the first half and we saw Lendy Holmes for the first time.

yup. completely blocked it from my mind. now i remember.

stoopified
5/21/2007, 09:22 AM
My man Merv says Adrian Talyor(DT) is a tud to watch for this year.Mike Redd could be a stud at MLB if he learns the schemes.Kinda reminds me of Torrance,makes great plays WHEN he plays proper technique.Hope the move to S benfits DJ,can't figure him,he goes from best cover corner on the team one year to not being able to cover a guy on crutches. :)

Collier11
5/21/2007, 10:12 AM
My man Merv says Adrian Talyor(DT) is a tud to watch for this year.Mike Redd could be a stud at MLB if he learns the schemes.Kinda reminds me of Torrance,makes great plays WHEN he plays proper technique.Hope the move to S benfits DJ,can't figure him,he goes from best cover corner on the team one year to not being able to cover a guy on crutches. :)

As far as sleepers, I keep hearing that Taylor is going to be a good one and that Austin English could be the next Dan Cody without the issues...I sure hope so cus we need some havoc from the D-line this year!

I_Live_In_OK
5/22/2007, 08:50 AM
completely blocked it from my mind.

Not a bad idea for that play, actually.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2007, 12:07 PM

They do when it comes to playing teams such as Western Michigan's school for the Blind, Stillwater High School, and any other high school team they play against before entering tbig 12 play.

Collier11
5/22/2007, 12:16 PM
LOok at the stats that I posted earlier about Osu's offense vs. good teams as opposed to average and bad teams. They go from 42ppg to 25ppg. Their offense is only good when they can overpower teams and we all know about their D

Scott D
5/22/2007, 12:39 PM
I really can't confirm the validity of this thread until I see the NickZepp counter argument.

Collier11
5/22/2007, 01:23 PM
I really can't confirm the validity of this thread until I see the NickZepp counter argument.
:eek: :pop:

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 01:29 PM
They do when it comes to playing teams such as Western Michigan's school for the Blind, Stillwater High School, and any other high school team they play against before entering tbig 12 play.

We open at Georgia and also go to Troy (I realize the other two are creampuffs).

You open with Texas Norte, and follow that up with the 'Canes, Utah Aggie and Henry Kendall.

We play 6 road games.

You play half that # (assuming you guys show up at Skelly or whatever it's called now).

The schedule argument doesn't work this year.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2007, 01:49 PM
We open at Georgia and also go to Troy (I realize the other two are creampuffs).

You open with Texas Norte, and follow that up with the 'Canes, Utah Aggie and Henry Kendall.

We play 6 road games.

You play half that # (assuming you guys show up at Skelly or whatever it's called now).

The schedule argument doesn't work this year.

You are actually bragging about playing Troy State?

LMFAO!!!!!

Congrats, you all are not playing 4 d-2 schools this year. Welcome to the real world of college football.

sooneron
5/22/2007, 02:05 PM
You know you've arrived when you get a home and home with Troy.

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 02:07 PM
We got a home and home with Georgia, too. I guess that's bad?

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 02:09 PM
You are actually bragging about playing Troy State?

LMFAO!!!!!

Congrats, you all are not playing 4 d-2 schools this year. Welcome to the real world of college football.

Troy's a solid "mid-major" program; probably on the same level as Tulsa.

I wasn't "bragging" about playing them. I was saying that it's a solid non-conference game.

CatfishSooner
5/22/2007, 02:19 PM
:O troy :confused:

sooneron
5/22/2007, 02:24 PM
Having to schedule an away game at friggin troy negates that. That's like us traveling to MTSU.

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 03:01 PM
Having to schedule an away game at friggin troy negates that. That's like us traveling to MTSU.

I see. So when you schedule a home-and-home series with a conference USA team, it's ok, but when OSU does it with a Sun Belt team, it's not?

Collier11
5/22/2007, 03:11 PM
Tulsa is a little diff since it is an in-state game. We still play you guys every year and you guys should probably be in Conf Usa, so whats the diff?

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 03:20 PM
Tulsa is a little diff since it is an in-state game. We still play you guys every year and you guys should probably be in Conf Usa, so whats the diff?

We'd only lose 2, maybe 3 games a year in Conference USA. We'd be ****ing dominant. ;)

Collier11
5/22/2007, 03:41 PM
We'd only lose 2, maybe 3 games a year in Conference USA. We'd be ****ing dominant. ;)

watch out Liberty bowl!!!

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 04:12 PM

for you guys?!?!?! umm yeh.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 04:14 PM

riiiiggggghhhhtt. mmmkay. the fact that you are admitting to losing 2 or 3 in coference usa tells me something about your fan base. thanks for making our point.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2007, 04:17 PM
Troy's a solid "mid-major" program; probably on the same level as Tulsa.

I wasn't "bragging" about playing them. I was saying that it's a solid non-conference game.

Do you even watch college football?

Tulsa in 2005 = 9-4 & C-USA Champs.
Wins against:
North Texas, Memphis, Southern Miss, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Central Florida, & Fresno State (same FSU team that gave USC all they wanted).
Losses against:
Minnesota, Oklahoma, Houston, & UTEP

Tulsa in 2006 = 8-5 in C-USA
Wins against:
Stephen F. Austin, North Texas, Navy, Southern Miss, East Carolina, Memphis, UTEP, & Tulane.
Losses against:
BYU, Houston, Rice, SMU, & Utah

Troy in 2005 = 4-7 in the Sun Belt
Wins against: Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, North Texas, Florida International, & Florida Atlantic.
Losses against: UAB, Missouri, South Carolina, ULM, ULL, Ark State, & Mid Tenn.

Troy in 2006 = 8-5 & Co-Sun Belt Champs.
Wins against:
Alabama St, ULM, North Texas, ULL, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Mid Tenn, Rice.
Losses against:
Florida State, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, UAB, & Ark State.

I would hardly compare the two teams.
C-USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sun Belt

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 07:50 PM
Do you even watch college football?

Tulsa in 2005 = 9-4 & C-USA Champs.
Wins against:
North Texas, Memphis, Southern Miss, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Central Florida, & Fresno State (same FSU team that gave USC all they wanted).
Losses against:
Minnesota, Oklahoma, Houston, & UTEP

Tulsa in 2006 = 8-5 in C-USA
Wins against:
Stephen F. Austin, North Texas, Navy, Southern Miss, East Carolina, Memphis, UTEP, & Tulane.
Losses against:
BYU, Houston, Rice, SMU, & Utah

Troy in 2005 = 4-7 in the Sun Belt
Wins against: Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, North Texas, Florida International, & Florida Atlantic.
Losses against: UAB, Missouri, South Carolina, ULM, ULL, Ark State, & Mid Tenn.

Troy in 2006 = 8-5 & Co-Sun Belt Champs.
Wins against:
Alabama St, ULM, North Texas, ULL, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Mid Tenn, Rice.
Losses against:
Florida State, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, UAB, & Ark State.

I would hardly compare the two teams.
C-USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sun Belt

No, I've never seen a game.

C-USA isn't that much better than the Sun Belt, especially now that the Big East has taken their decent teams.

Rice is now winning in C-USA, that's how bad it is. Oh, Troy beat Rice last year and Tulsa lost to them.... I guess TU's clearly better, though.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 07:55 PM
No, I've never seen a game.

C-USA isn't that much better than the Sun Belt, especially now that the Big East has taken their decent teams.

Rice is now winning in C-USA, that's how bad it is. Oh, Troy beat Rice last year and Tulsa lost to them.... I guess TU's clearly better, though.

and your point is, rumblebitches? point is.......troy is a few fans from being divII and conference usa is not Big XII. you guys (much like texas) can beat up on the arkansas states of the world and run the score into the stratosphere. in order to be considered a big dog, you have to run with the big dogs. do yourself and the conference some good, schedule ucla every once in a while.....throw in some florida states, north carolina, maryland etc...... stop picking on montana veterinary hospital tech (which prolly has scoreboard on you) and la tech.

OSUAggie
5/22/2007, 08:03 PM
We did schedule a big boy. What the **** are you talking about?

You have 2 cupcakes on your schedule this year, a decent mid-major team, and a name team (coming off a 7-6 year). We play a couple of cupcakes, a decent mid-major team and a name team (coming off a 9-4 year).

Our non-conference schedule is more difficult (at this point) than your non-conference schedule. Sometimes you have a tendency to ignore logic.

Jello Biafra
5/22/2007, 08:47 PM
We did schedule a big boy. What the **** are you talking about?

You have 2 cupcakes on your schedule this year, a decent mid-major team, and a name team (coming off a 7-6 year). We play a couple of cupcakes, a decent mid-major team and a name team (coming off a 9-4 year).

Our non-conference schedule is more difficult (at this point) than your non-conference schedule. Sometimes you have a tendency to ignore logic.

we're talking about recent history. apparently, you have the tendency to use your aggie reading skills. so for the first time in what...10 years you guys schedule a top 20 team and we're suppose to pat you on the asss and say "good game"?!?!? don't even try that bullshiite with the 7-6 record. you know damn good and well Miami would take your virginity (and make you like it) AT YOUR HOUSE none the less even if they had only won 5 games last year. wether you want to beleive it or not, Tulsa would beat you 8 out of 10 times and both north texas and utah state would give you everything you want. i know i know. you guys have the best offense in the nation but how you gonna stop em? mmhmmm i know you guys have a new defensive coordinator........can he coach though?