PDA

View Full Version : OSU fans are funny....

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2007, 03:57 PM
They actually think they will have the best offense in the Big 12, and maybe in the entire nation.

I know their offense should be decent, but aggie lite fans need to get grip and understand their schools will forever suck in football!

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 03:59 PM
program 'on the rise'..............again :pop:

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:10 PM
They actually think they will have the best offense in the Big 12, and maybe in the entire nation.

I know their offense should be decent, but aggie lite fans need to get grip and understand their schools will forever suck in football!

How is it farfetched to think we'll have the best offense in the Big XII?

auto
5/16/2007, 04:12 PM

You are Aggie Lite after all:D Duh.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:13 PM
You are Aggie Lite after all:D Duh.

And we've never managed to have the best offense in the conference?

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2007, 04:22 PM

Because your Offense will be no better than OU's, Texas', Tech's....problem is your stats may be bette since you play high Schools to start the season.

If your offense was so great, it would demolish the tough defenses too.

SteelClip49
5/16/2007, 04:23 PM
What if Oklahoma State was to win the title in football?

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2007, 04:23 PM
And we've never managed to have the best offense in the conference?

name the time when you did.

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2007, 04:24 PM

Okie Lite is a formidible foe, even though they wont come close to winning any championships in football.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 04:31 PM

pfffft. i'm guessing i will be checking my standing with god. surely the end of the world will be nigh......

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 04:32 PM
Okie Lite is a formidible foe, even though they wont come close to winning any championships in football.

next year only. after that, they will lose about 80% of their offense and fedora will be offered a large raise to leave the state. or at least stillwater.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:44 PM
Because your Offense will be no better than OU's, Texas', Tech's....problem is your stats may be bette since you play high Schools to start the season.

If your offense was so great, it would demolish the tough defenses too.

We put up over 400 against 'Bama, outgained you, put up 500 against Nebraska... We laid an egg against Texas (although we scored the same amount as you did against them).

In conference games and the bowl game, we averaged 33 points on 390 ypg.

I wouldn't say that's all that bad... And we have most of that production returning. I think it's fair for OSU fans to be optimistic about their offense being very good this year. It would also be fair for Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Nebraska fans to expect their offense to be toward the top of the conference, as well.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:47 PM
next year only. after that, they will lose about 80% of their offense and fedora will be offered a large raise to leave the state. or at least stillwater.

Only Bowman and Savage are gone after next year.

JohnnyMack
5/16/2007, 04:54 PM
Oklahoma State, bringing Arena football excitement to the Big XII.

Whoever scores last wins!

What a way to build a winning program.

Collier11
5/16/2007, 04:55 PM
Against Kansas, Kstate, mizzou state, fla atlantic, ark st, houston and Baylor you averaged 42ppg, against Tech, A&m, Texas, Nebraska you averaged 25.8ppg or 8 below your average. that is including 41 against nebbish

Octavian
5/16/2007, 04:56 PM
It would also be fair for Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Nebraska fans to expect their offense to be toward the top of the conference, as well.

Just not OU, right?

Collier11
5/16/2007, 04:57 PM
Your offense may well be great, maybe even top 10 in the country, maybe even no.1 in the big 12 though i doubt it with Tech, but it wont win you anything cus your D blows!

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:58 PM
Against Kansas, Kstate, and Baylor you averaged 45ppg, against Tech, A&m, Texas, Nebraska you averaged 25.8ppg or 8 below your average. that is including 41 against nebbish

Holy ****! Good defenses slow down offenses? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Why don't you average 50 points and 800 yards against the great defenses?

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 04:58 PM
Just not OU, right?

Towards the top? I wouldn't think so...

Freshman QB's aren't good for that kinda thing, as you know...

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:03 PM
Holy ****! Good defenses slow down offenses? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Why don't you average 50 points and 800 yards against the great defenses?

Thats the diff between OU and osu, we have a good D so we dont have to score 40ppg, Osu's D is not good enough and probably wont be good enough this year to win those lower scoring games. You are sitting here touting your powerful offense but if it was as good as you think it is, you could score more against the good teams. Look forward to another 7-6 season AG until your D gets better

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:07 PM
Even if your offense is top 10, you will still lose to Georgia, OU, Nebraska, Texas, and maybe Tech and A&M unless your D gets alot better. So best case scenario is 8-4 and realistic is 7-5 or 6-6. Im not dogging you, thats just being real. 8-4, 7-5 may be good where you watch football from, but in NOrman we dont get excited and sound the trumpets over that sh*t!!!

Octavian
5/16/2007, 05:09 PM
in any event, it's not about the most exciting/creative offense anyway...or Tech would have 3 NC's by now.

We lost our starting QB (#1 HS recruit at his position) and our starting RB (#1 HS recruit at his position). Did we have an explosive offense? No way.

But we still won the BigXII.

The OL is back and improved. We return a "back-up" RB that ran all over the conference after AD's injury. We return one of the best WR's in the country. We return a damn good group of TE's and a solid supporting WR corps. And we add Demarco Murray to the mix.

The only player we've lost from the '06 Big XII championship team is Paul Thompson. Now, we all love Paul Thompson....we've run outta words to describe his unselfish character when we brag on him. But talent-wise, he can be replaced.

I bet Stoops will convince our players it's fair for them to be confident about our offense too.

But even if we don't avg. 35 points/game (like last year)...I'll still give OU a better than good chance to win the conference title again (just like last year)....because we're an elite program in all phases of the game and on the sidelines.

Octavian
5/16/2007, 05:10 PM

see above post.

SoonerJLB
[QUOTE=OU_Sooners75]They actually think they will have the best offense in the Big 12, and maybe in the entire nation.]

I thought they were the World's Best Offense!:)

OSUAggie
I thought I was responding to the fact that OSU fans are allegedly delusional for thinking we were going to have the best offense in the Big XII.

Apparently I was wrong.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:13 PM
see above post.

Again, I'm talking about offensive production, not team production.

I said I wouldn't think OU fans are expecting to have the league's best offense, and if they were, they weren't being realistic.

That's not to say OU won't end up with the best offense in the Big XII this year, but to expect it is unrealistic, in my opinion, due to the QB situation. Paul Thompson's talent can be replaced, but his decision-making was a few levels above 99.9999% of RS Freshman QB's.

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:13 PM
What this is most likely all about, or atleast in my mind it is about the fact that osu fans are constantly bragging to each other and blowing hot air up each others azzes along with Ou fans about their fabled "most powerful offense in the nation", I have heard on more than 1 occasion an osu fan because of this refer to Ou as their little brother(ha ha ha ha ha), how they would contend for the Big 12 this year(ha ha ha ha h aha) and they are turning the corner under Gundy as far as becoming a big time program(doesnt even deserve a response)! So we are just providing you with facts as to why this is all so much BS!

OUstud
5/16/2007, 05:14 PM
Aggy could have the best offense in the conference. I'd say they'll be 3rd best though behind Mizzou and Tech. Their offense will win them some games alone but I see them losing several shootouts in another "almost!" effort...

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:15 PM
Paul Thompson's talent can be replaced, but his decision-making was a few levels above 99.9999% of RS Freshmen QB's.

See Colt Mccoy, see Riley Skinner(yea I know the guy played for Wake Forest, but they still won the ACC), See Pat White two years ago. When you have the pieces in place to help get past the inexperience, a freshman qb can flourish!!

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:18 PM
See Colt Mccoy, see Riley Skinner(yea I know the guy played for Wake Forest, but they still won the ACC), See Pat White two years ago. When you have the pieces in place to help get past the inexperience, a freshman qb can flourish!!

You're right.

Most of the time they don't. What'd your boy do a couple of years back?

OUstud
5/16/2007, 05:21 PM
The Idiot sucked at first but improved and tore your defense apart at the end of the year and gave us optimism for the next year...then well he took money for not working but that's not the point...

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:21 PM
You're right.

OTHER THAN HANG 50 ON YOUR ***?!?!?!?!?!??!

Octavian
5/16/2007, 05:22 PM
That's not to say OU won't end up with the best offense in the Big XII this year, but to expect it is unrealistic, in my opinion, due to the QB situation.

That may be true...

But we're not big on excuses and rationalizations for mediocrity. Maybe we expect more out of some situations than what's supposed to be "realistic."

And maybe that's partly why we win so damn much.

Collier11
5/16/2007, 05:22 PM
You're right.

Lets see, he beat Nebraska, Beat A&M, Whipped your teams azz, won the Holiday Bowl, and went 8-3 as a starter with half the talent that we have this year! Now if we want to talk about what your boy Bobby did his freshman year then your point has more validity :rolleyes:

StuIsTheMan
5/16/2007, 05:23 PM
Again, I'm talking about offensive production, not team production.

I said I wouldn't think OU fans are expecting to have the league's best offense, and if they were, they weren't being realistic.

That's not to say OU won't end up with the best offense in the Big XII this year, but to expect it is unrealistic, in my opinion, due to the QB situation. Paul Thompson's talent can be replaced, but his decision-making was a few levels above 99.9999% of RS Freshman QB's.

When did we sign with a league? And as I know it...the Freshman starting QB isn't a for sure thing...Hazel has taken snaps right...And PT did step up when we needed him to but his QB decision level was average at best, his athletisism made up for it

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:23 PM
The Idiot sucked at first but improved and tore your defense apart at the end of the year and gave us optimism for the next year...then well he took money for not working but that's not the point...

Right... he struggled for much of the year, which hindered the offense from being as productive.

That's all I'm saying about Frosh QB's, redshirt or not, is that it takes time (the majority of time) for them to develop and be extremely productive.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:26 PM
That may be true...

But we're not big on excuses and rationalizations for mediocrity. Maybe we expect more out of some situations than what's supposed to be "realistic."

And maybe that's partly why we win so damn much.

heh, ok...

I didn't realize your thoughts were so powerful... all this time...

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:30 PM
.......we're not big on excuses and rationalizations for mediocrity.........

At least not in football...

For everyone else, just don't embarass the football team...

TheUnnamedSooner
5/16/2007, 05:31 PM
OTHER THAN HANG 50 ON YOUR ***?!?!?!?!?!??!

:confused: double personality :confused:

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:31 PM
just gettin it out of the way...

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:33 PM
Only Bowman and Savage are gone after next year.

like i said.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/16/2007, 05:33 PM
maybe you're smarter than you act ;)

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:34 PM

although we DID have one win a nc though right?

Octavian
heh, ok...

I didn't realize your thoughts were so powerful... all this time...

Fanbases are the consumers of the product. They demand or accept certain levels of success or failure.

You don't think the expectations, money, and pressure exerted from below travel up through the top?

Tubby Smith might disagree.

There's reasons why college football and basketball have perennial powerhouses, regular underachievers, and cellar dwellers.

It's not all about the fanbases' expectations...but it's a big part of it.

OSUAggie
like i said.

Well, there goes 40% of the offense...

Who else you got?

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:36 PM
Fanbases are the consumers of the product. They demand or accept certain levels of success or failure.

You don't think the expectations, money, and pressure exerted from below travel up through the top?

Tubby Smith might disagree.

There's reasons why college football and basketball have perennial powerhouses, regular underachievers, and cellar dwellers.

It's not all about the fanbases' expectations...but it's a big part of it.

Wow, I was completely unaware of this. Groundbreaking.

And you make excuses for mediocrity all the time. You base your expectations from a player on their age.

Octavian
5/16/2007, 05:36 PM
At least not in football...

For everyone else, just don't embarass the football team...

there are other sports? :confused:

;)

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 05:39 PM
OSU having the best offense on the conference?

didn't help them in 1988 either

just sayin

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:39 PM
Well, there goes 40% of the offense...

Who else you got?

that a matter of opinion.
jump ball U won't be the same without the likes of bowman. who YOU got? without a line and a great first option, whos reid gonna throw to?

i'd have to say that savage, post toasty and bowman are about 95% of that offense right now...

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:40 PM
OSU having the best offense on the conference?

didn't help them in 1988 either

just sayin

If that mother ****er would've caught the ball we would've been in the Orange Bowl...

Just sayin'

Octavian
You base your expectations from a player on their age.

Not true.

I never said, "You know what? That Eric Moore is a senior now...I bet he wins the Heisman."

OKLA21FAN
If that mother ****er would catch the ball we'd be in the Orange Bowl...

Just sayin'
and we would all have a merry Xmas too

pass the salt

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:41 PM
Wow, I was completely unaware of this. Groundbreaking.

And you make excuses for mediocrity all the time. You base your expectations from a player on their age.

disagree. STRONGLY. we rarely experience mediocrity. and when we do, the players involved are smoked right here.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:42 PM
If that mother ****er would've caught the ball we would've been in the Orange Bowl...

Just sayin'

and if the (insert homo of your choice) hadn't/had made that particular play, you would have beaten us at least 4 more times in the last 100 years.

Sevaer
5/16/2007, 05:43 PM
OS Who Aggie,

The bottom line is your Boone Pickens University sucks. You could have the best offense in the nation and you will never have any respect because your university is the laughing stock of Oklahoma. Your not mentioned in the top 25 pre season polls so I guess that is the kind of national respect your high powered offense has.

I look foward to seeing you in Norman this year.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:44 PM
Not true.

I never said, "You know what? That Eric Moore is a senior now...I bet he wins the Heisman."

or "you know, wes simms is a big mofo and a senior. I bet he wins the outland......"

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:44 PM
that a matter of opinion.
jump ball U won't be the same without the likes of bowman. who YOU got? without a line and a great first option, whos reid gonna throw to?

i'd have to say that savage, post toasty and bowman are about 95% of that offense right now...

"Post toasty" (which I kinda like, by the way) was a true frosh last year...

Our line paved the way to over 200 ypg on the ground last year with 4 freshman playing significant minutes. Our line is one of our stong points and will be as long as Wickline is in town.

Dez Bryant will help Reid out a bit. Pettigrew will, as well. Our skill positions are as deep as they've ever been (which isn't saying a **** of a lot, but it's saying something), and our line is in good shape.

The problem is the defense, and that's been the problem since the mid-80s. The only way OSU will move up in the standings, as you guys are well aware, is if the defense makes significant improvements.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:45 PM
Not true.

Bull****.

You've said, "Rhett Bomar makes some mistakes, but he's only a freshman."

Octavian
5/16/2007, 05:46 PM

Just sayin'

But he didn't (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cea4e4QAEEI).

olevetonahill
5/16/2007, 05:47 PM
there are other sports? :confused:

;)
Yall are just making **** up to antagonise the aggie arnt you ?
I turn My Sat off after footbal season, back on just befor it starts ,:cool:

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks.

I hadn't ever seen that.

****er.

;)

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 05:48 PM

Just sayin'
then there was 1984 when okie lite had the 'best defense in the conference'....

that didn't help them much either. the two 'greatest' okie lite seasons still have an 'L' next to their date with the Sooners.

having the 'best', doesn't seem to be the formula for success :pop:

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks.

I hadn't ever seen that.

****er.

;)

maybe its just a Gundy dealio?

you know.....a jinx

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:50 PM
I've thought about that.

He threw 3 picks that day.

'87 wasn't good for him, either.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:51 PM
"Post toasty" (which I kinda like, by the way) was a true frosh last year...

Our line paved the way to over 200 ypg on the ground last year with 4 freshman playing significant minutes. Our line is one of our stong points and will be as long as Wickline is in town.

Dez Bryant will help Reid out a bit. Pettigrew will, as well. Our skill positions are as deep as they've ever been (which isn't saying a **** of a lot, but it's saying something), and our line is in good shape.

i don't care he's a freshman. my point was he part of a group of players that is a majority of your offensive output.

freshman played significant minutes on the line? welcome to our world for the last couple of years.

wow. dez bryant will help out this year? really? whats your numbers for tonights lottery? i really need that 43 mill. we have quite a few of those type of recruits and only a few of them contributed ANYTHING much less their freshman campaigns.

defense.......well. thats not your players. that's your head coach hiring who he hired. sorry. till you get rid of him, you guys are screwed.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:51 PM
then there was 1984 when okie lite had the 'best defense in the conference'....

that didn't help them much either. the two 'greatest' okie lite seasons still have an 'L' next to their date with the Sooners.

having the 'best', doesn't seem to be the formula for success :pop:

Pat had bad luck. Mike appears to have bad luck, too.

Good thing I don't base the success of the season on winning that one game, though.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:52 PM
i don't care he's a freshman. my point was he part of a group of players that is a majority of your offensive output.

freshman played significant minutes on the line? welcome to our world for the last couple of years.

wow. dez bryant will help out this year? really? whats your numbers for tonights lottery? i really need that 43 mill. we have quite a few of those type of recruits and only a few of them contributed ANYTHING much less their freshman campaigns.

defense.......well. thats not your players. that's your head coach hiring who he hired. sorry. till you get rid of him, you guys are screwed.

Who's him? The head coach or the guy he hired? He got rid of the guy he hired...

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 05:53 PM

Good thing I don't base the success of the season on winning that one game, though.
how convenient

'success' is a relative thingy.

some where around here this is a signature pointing this fact out.

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:54 PM

you, my freind, are an anomaly amongst your osu bretheren. most would rather beat us and go 0-9 the rest of the season....

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:55 PM
8-4 is a down season for OU but a great season for OSU, or whatever.

Yah, I don't buy into that, either.

But success is relative. Expectations are shifting a bit in Stillwater.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 05:56 PM
you, my freind, are an anomaly amongst your osu bretheren. most would rather beat us and go 0-9 the rest of the season....

We play a 10-game season? What is this, 1962?

Jello Biafra
Who's him? The head coach or the guy he hired? He got rid of the guy he hired...

and you are SURE the new one will do better?

OKLA21FAN

But success is relative. Expectations are shifting a bit in Stillwater.
oh yes,
another 'on the rise' year

like a broken record thats been playing since the 70s

Jello Biafra
5/16/2007, 05:57 PM
We play a 10-game season? What is this, 1962?

with you pukes, 10 games is a season because you are usually out of contention for ANY bowl game, you've already lost to us and basketball is starting by then.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 06:00 PM
oh yes,
another 'on the rise' year

like a broken record thats been playing since the 70s

heh

I know what you're talking about, and I know it's been said before by thousands of people, and they've made ****ing marketing campaigns about it, and nobody will believe it until it's done, and even then it won't be good enough. I'm sure you get tired of hearing people talk about it and then watch to find out which way we're able to choke and enjoy a nice laugh. Sometimes is so ****ing bad, I have to laugh too.

The only reason that I give this "on the rise" bull**** some sort of credence is because improvements are being made to make the program a place that is on par with the rest of the world instead of the barren piece of **** eyesore that it was for 90 years.

And if we go out and win 6 games this year, it'll be a bad year in my book. Hell, if we win less than 8, it'll be a bad year, even with the schedule set up the way it is.

Anyway, taht's all I got.

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 06:04 PM
heh

I know what you're talking about, and I know it's been said before by thousands of people, and they've made ****ing marketing campaigns about it, and nobody will believe it until it's done, and even then it won't be good enough. I'm sure you get tired of hearing people talk about it and then watch to find out which way we're able to choke and enjoy a nice laugh. Sometimes is so ****ing bad, I have to laugh too.

The only reason that I give this "on the rise" bull**** some sort of credence is because improvements are being made to make the program a place that is on par with the rest of the world instead of the barren piece of **** eyesore that it was for 90 years.

And if we go out and win 6 games this year, it'll be a bad year in my book. Hell, if we win less than 8, it'll be a bad year, even with the schedule set up the way it is.

Anyway, taht's all I got.

those same dealios you are speaking of (improvements) was also done in the mid 80s. the same things were said, like you have been saying for months. it didn't turn out very well then either. the occasional 'good' year, followed by a handful of very average years, then of course '0-10-1' ;)

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 06:06 PM
those same dealios you are speaking of (improvements) was also done in the mid 80s. the same things were said, like you have been saying for months. it didn't turn out very well then either. the occasional 'good' year, followed by a handful of very average years, then of course '0-10-1' ;)

You aren't seriously comparing what is going on now to the new press box, lighting and carpet we put in in the 80s are you? Oh yeah, the piece of **** coaches building, too...

Come on, that barely put us above high school programs.

I remember 'touring' the coaches building when I was 4 or 5 or something and I wasn't even impressed at that age (while Barry Sanders and Hart Lee Dykes were walking by).

OKLA21FAN
5/16/2007, 06:11 PM
You aren't seriously comparing what is going on now to the new press box, lighting and carpet we put in in the 80s are you? Oh yeah, the piece of **** coaches building, too...

Come on, that barely put us above high school programs.

I remember 'touring' the coaches building when I was 4 or 5 or something and I wasn't even impressed at that age (while Barry Sanders and Hart Lee Dykes were walking by).

comparatively speaking...yes.

those improvements in the 80s brought the facilities up to 'standards' for the time

what is going on now at okie lite, is little different that has been going on at 50 to 60% of other D1 schools. its just keeping up with the Jones.

same as what was done in the 80s

boomersooner24
5/16/2007, 08:25 PM
ummm I didnt see this posted anywhere else and I cant make new topics so I was wondering if someone could make a topic for this

its from newsok

"Oklahoma State University could one day find itself in the uncomfortable position of rooting against the fundraising efforts of a pair of University of Texas medical institutions that have been given $50 million each by billionaire Boone Pickens.

Pickens attached some long strings to his $100 million gift to the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and the UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.

Each Texas institution — both are part of the University of Texas system — has to grow $50 million into $500 million within 25 years or donate all but the original amount to OSU.

For instance, if UT Southwestern raises only $400 million and falls short of the goal by 2032, it will owe $350 million to Oklahoma State.

However, OSU spokesman Gary Shutt said the university anticipates no unexpected bounty from Pickens' latest philanthropic effort."

Im getting really tired of Pickens and his ****

Seamus
5/16/2007, 09:59 PM

Heh. The anguish of aggies nourishes Seamus.

Salt City Sooner
5/16/2007, 10:08 PM
You're right.

I'm no Bomar apologist to say the very least, but to say that he had a WHOLE lot of help in stinking up the joint on offense (esp. early in the year) would be a massive understatement. The OL was debatably the worst of the Stoops era (only '01 would be considered close), AD was hobbled for the better part of 4 games, & our hands down best returning receiver (& we only had 2 returning WR's total with any game experience at all to begin with, Travis Wilson & JeJuan Rankins) basically spent the year trying to tough it out on one good leg. To even try to compare Bomar's situation to the one that McCoy, etc. walked into isn't even close to legit. I'm not saying he didn't struggle because he did, but he was anything but alone in doing so.

I_Live_In_OK
5/16/2007, 10:24 PM
Whoever expected Rhett Bomar to have great success upon being appointed the starting quarterback early in the 2005 season is very unrealistic, and apparently unwilling to consider the facts and wager between what was positive analysis and what was an unattainable goal. Starting Rhett Bomar in 2005 served a myriad of purposes, other than the intrinsic suggestion that he was given the starting job based upon little show that he had earned it:

(1) He was supposed to get his feet wet, (2) he was supposed to make freshmen mistakes so he may learn from them a year later, and (3) he was to get in sync with the rest of the offense so that they may gel together each season thereafter...keep in mind OU played three true freshmen receivers, a sophomore tight end, a sophomore running back, and a very young offensive line. Playing Rhett Bomar was an investment decision geared towards Big 12 and National Title aspirations in the near future. Even without Rhett Bomar, OU won the Big 12 championship in 2006 because all the young talent had come together and played like a team, instead of like individuals. The coaching staff also should receive the bulk of that credit.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 10:52 PM
comparatively speaking...yes.

those improvements in the 80s brought the facilities up to 'standards' for the time

what is going on now at okie lite, is little different that has been going on at 50 to 60% of other D1 schools. its just keeping up with the Jones.

same as what was done in the 80s

The only Jones' the 80s improvements attempted to kept up with were the Missouri's and Colorado's of the world. We didn't even have a weight room for the football team before then, and the one we built was on par with 5A high schools...

We're putting our facilities on the same level as the Oklahoma/Texas/Nebraska/A&M portion of the Big XII, which is something that has never been the case in the history of Oklahoma State football.

This is also totally different from the 80s updates b/c the bulk of the renovations are being done with the athlete in mind, not the fans and/or media.

Big Red Ron
5/16/2007, 11:30 PM

But success is relative. Expectations are shifting a bit in Stillwater.WTF??? I call BS! Can you imagine the Orange clad orgy of rednecks, small town frat boys and sorority chicks, media and Eddie Sutton if OSU could somehow manage an 8-4 season next year?

People would be very upset if we follow up a Championship season with an 8-4 turd next year.

There is a huge difference.

Collier11
5/16/2007, 11:41 PM
If you guys somehow made it to the final weekend with a chance to play for the big 12 title and we womped your azzes, your fans would be talking about "the season in which we almost competed for a title", it will never end. I guess when your only choices are "we are going to turn the corner" or "we cant be much worse", I see why you choose to be idiotically optimistic

birddog
5/16/2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=49390

OSU AGGIE loves us!!

over 1,600 posts on a sooner board since 10/26/06

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 01:01 AM
If you guys somehow made it to the final weekend with a chance to play for the big 12 title and we womped your azzes, your fans would be talking about "the season in which we almost competed for a title", it will never end. I guess when your only choices are "we are going to turn the corner" or "we cant be much worse", I see why you choose to be idiotically optimisticI think they should go back to "lovable loser" status, like the Cubs. Embrace it and just have a good time, like when their tee shirts said stuff like, "If ya can't lick 'em Poke 'em."

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 01:03 AM

OSU AGGIE loves us!!

over 1,600 posts on a sooner board since 10/26/068 posts a day for like 8 months. Wowsers.

Seamus
5/17/2007, 01:09 AM
Can we get a restraining order for this stalker?

Fraggle145
5/17/2007, 01:53 AM

OSU AGGIE loves us!!

over 1,600 posts on a sooner board since 10/26/06

heh, he is a sponsor, which many of you arent. Till you are I like him better.

His pessimism and self deprecating humor brighten my day. I always know one guy is having a ****tier day than me, and always will due to his horrible affliction...

its OSUAggie. ;)

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 02:01 AM

His pessimism and self deprecating humor brighten my day. I always know one guy is having a ****tier day than me, and always will due to his horrible affliction...

its OSUAggie. ;)Are you a sponser or did you used to be one like me?

Seamus
5/17/2007, 02:13 AM
Hey, I ante'd up. Couldn't stand the notion of some cornholer or aggotage giving me grief for not sponsoring when it did.

Booyahkashah!

Fraggle145
5/17/2007, 02:26 AM
Are you a sponser or did you used to be one like me?

heh. the gold star causes my profile problems, but ya I still am. I'm the Drunky Town Limnologist see the title :D

stoopified
5/17/2007, 06:35 AM
OoSu has to be ON THE RISE.Hell when you rank near the bottom of the NCAA in wins and percentage and are NINTH in your own league,you have no choice but to RISE.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 07:44 AM
The only Jones' the 80s improvements attempted to kept up with were the Missouri's and Colorado's of the world. We didn't even have a weight room for the football team before then, and the one we built was on par with 5A high schools...

We're putting our facilities on the same level as the Oklahoma/Texas/Nebraska/A&M portion of the Big XII, which is something that has never been the case in the history of Oklahoma State football.

This is also totally different from the 80s updates b/c the bulk of the renovations are being done with the athlete in mind, not the fans and/or media.

since you were five years old at the time. i guess you have a real good understanding of D1 facilities of the mid 80s. do you even have a clue of the facilities in Norman in the early 80s? or college station? or austin? frankly, they were not much better. it was not until the 'boom' of facility upgrades in the mid 90s seen in D1 that your claim could be substantiated.

keep trying though....after all, 'on the rise' is an old term.

and btw, Arkansas has had this type of 'state of the art' facilities upgrades over the past 6 or so years, and their results have not improved significantly over that time as well. they still have the occasional 'good' year, but for the most part, there 'success' has remained unchanged. pumping big bucks in facilities doesn't always translate to success on the field.

OSUAggie
5/17/2007, 10:07 AM
since you were five years old at the time. i guess you have a real good understanding of D1 facilities of the mid 80s. do you even have a clue of the facilities in Norman in the early 80s? or college station? or austin? frankly, they were not much better. it was not until the 'boom' of facility upgrades in the mid 90s seen in D1 that your claim could be substantiated.

keep trying though....after all, 'on the rise' is an old term.

and btw, Arkansas has had this type of 'state of the art' facilities upgrades over the past 6 or so years, and their results have not improved significantly over that time as well. they still have the occasional 'good' year, but for the most part, there 'success' has remained unchanged. pumping big bucks in facilities doesn't always translate to success on the field.

I was pretty well-versed into OSU athletics and facilities across the region, even when I was very young, not that that matters. OSU has never been on the same level as OU or any of the big boys since the school began. When other schools were actually pumping cash into their athletic program in the early 20th century, OSU was not. It has been a step or 8 behind ever since, and the lack of funding has generated a mindset that OSU cannot compete.

When the national powers figured out that a successful football program could generate lots of cash for the athletic department, they emphasized it. OSU did not, choosing instead to put as much emphasis on the Olympic sports as the football program. This is why there are only periodic eras of mild success in OSU football.

As for the Arkansas reference, I agree. I'm not saying that OSU automatically matters nationally b/c there are going to be shiny new facilities. But if OSU has any shot at moving up the pecking order, facilities that are on par with the powers in this region are a must. Nobody's going to be enamored with the fine beaches and mountains that Stillwater has to offer, so addressing the areas that the prospective athlete spends the majority of his/her time seems to be the way to go (living quarters, meals, meeting rooms, practice facilities, whatever else), and OSU is doing or has done that.

Even with all that, one of the two big boys is going to have to start slipping for OSU to have any shot in the South. There's no way OSU can overtake either OU or Texas with those two programs currently experiencing peaks. I don't see Texas slipping under Brown, and I don't see OU slipping under Stoops, so it will likely be a long journey of 8 or 9-win seasons awaiting a lull in the major programs to even have a shot at a conference title in my mind.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 10:35 AM
Aggie,
you may think all you want, but the difference between you and me, is that I lived it. you simply pick and choose what your want to read about that era.

I remember watching the football go thru winter 'conditioning' drills at 'Pneumonia Downs' underneath Memorial Stadium, while okie lite was using the Colvin Center Annex. OU players shared rooms in a very nice Bud Wilkerson Hall, while okie lite players had two bedroom apartments a walking distance from campus.

comparatively speaking, okie lite was in step with OU in the 70s and even the early 80s (until OU went thru their expansion phase). and a few years later okie lite went thru theirs.

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 11:02 AM
Aggie,

comparatively speaking, okie lite was in step with OU in the 70s and even the early 80s (until OU went thru their expansion phase). and a few years later okie lite went thru theirs.We had DIRT floors on the East side all through the 80's and part of the 90's. Sure we had more seats but the facilities weren't anything fancy.

OSUAggie
5/17/2007, 11:47 AM
We had DIRT floors on the East side all through the 80's and part of the 90's. Sure we had more seats but the facilities weren't anything fancy.

We had gravel.

Our bathrooms had a 5 foot ceiling.

We had a ****load of rust.

The fact that there is even a discussion regarding who had worse facilities is comical.

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 11:53 AM
We had gravel.

The fact that there is even a discussion regarding who had worse facilities is comical.Nobody said they were the same, just pretty crappy.

Even after you spend all of Boon's money, you still won't have better facilities. Nice, well organized but still not OU, NU, UT, aTm quality.

Big Red Ron
5/17/2007, 11:54 AM
We had gravel.

The fact that there is even a discussion regarding who had worse facilities is comical.Nobody said they were the same, just pretty crappy.

Even after you spend all of Boon's money, you still won't have better facilities. Nice, well organized but still not OU, NU, UT, aTm quality.

Fraggle145
5/17/2007, 11:57 AM
...Nobody's going to be enamored with the fine beaches and mountains that Stillwater has to offer...

I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona, from my front porch you can see the sea. I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona, if you buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free. :texan:

crimson&cream
5/17/2007, 06:09 PM

Tell me how aften do you have a succesful season when your usually in the celler of BIG 12 south or next to last.:pop:

OSUAggie
5/17/2007, 08:38 PM
Tell me how aften do you have a succesful season when your usually in the celler of BIG 12 south or next to last.:pop:

I didn't say we have a lot of successful seasons. I think there have been maybe 4 years out of the 11 in the Big XII that we didn't finish 5th or 6th in the division.

But beating OU doesn't gauge, at least in my mind, whether or not our season was successful.

To some, I'm sure it does. However, that game doesn't determine the success of the season to any Pokes that I know.

Cam
5/17/2007, 08:56 PM
But beating OU doesn't gauge, at least in my mind, whether or not our season was successful.

To some, I'm sure it does. However, that game doesn't determine the success of the season to any Pokes that I know.
You're a 1%'er. Most of the pokes I know hate OU more than they like their own school. And no, I don't get the OU fans who are the same way with Texas. It just makes no sense to me.

def_lazer_fc
5/17/2007, 09:32 PM

exactly. whether or not you beat florida atlantic gauges it, right?;)

OSUAggie
5/17/2007, 09:37 PM
exactly. whether or not you beat florida atlantic gauges it, right?;)

That can certainly put a damper on things...

birddog
5/17/2007, 11:08 PM

its OSUAggie. ;)

so you'll choose an ag who coughs up 5 bucks a month on a sooner board over fellow sooner fans?:rolleyes: that sounds rational.