PDA

View Full Version : New home for the College World Series?

royalfan5
5/16/2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3939&u_sid=2384428

Rosenblatt may be replaced by a new stadium in the North Downtown area of Omaha, if that is what the NCAA wants.

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 11:51 AM
Anybody know anything about these new "seats"??? Never heard of them...

royalfan5
5/16/2007, 11:56 AM
Anybody know anything about these new "seats"??? Never heard of them...
same stuff they use at Olympic venues.

SOONER STEAKER
5/16/2007, 01:21 PM
I was at the CWS 2 years ago and it was awesome. I would liike Omaha to leave the CWS at Rosenblatt and upgrde the facility. The atmosphere is great, lots of parking and if youget tired of baseball you can go to the zoo.

IF, they build a facility downtown, trafffic is bad during the series but moving it downtown coud amke it worse with all the business down town. The thing that Omaha really needs is more hotel space, you can stay in Lincoln which is about 45 miles from Omaha but with CWS traffic it takes almost 2 hrs to travel one way.

Good luck NCAA in your decision. Don't screw Omaha like you dd the OU softball team!!

Hunyock
5/21/2007, 03:22 PM
Meh, mayor Fahey just wants to get the taxpayers to ante up for a new stadium for Creighton. He got them the Qwest center for basketball. As for hotel space, they are going to build another downtown hotel soon. This is already needed as it is impossible to get a room in Omaha during the series. If anyone comes up, I might recommend the Lied Convention Center in Nebraska City.

Jimminy Crimson
5/22/2007, 03:47 PM
I'm all for it!

royalfan5
9/21/2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10138233

Rosenblatt's Days are numbered.

SOONER STEAKER
9/21/2007, 03:41 PM
Why couldn't OKC expand the Brick putting in OF seating and bid for teh series here in OKC.

Imagine, holding the Big 12 basketball tourney, Big 12 baseball tourney and the CWS? Our downtown would really explode with construction.

Plus, having the Supersonics playing in a new arena. That would be OK AWESOME!!

Mixer!
9/23/2007, 11:54 PM
taxes, son... taxes.

MextheBulldog
9/28/2007, 04:08 PM
Omaha will never let it go.

royalfan5
10/4/2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10149674

116.4 Million for a new ballpark. 20 Million less than redoing Rosenblatt. 2010 will likely be the first CWS in the new park, as all of this is contingent on the NCAA delivering on their promised 20 year contract.

StormySooner-IN
10/23/2007, 05:13 PM
They've got something about it coming up on the Local Indy News....

mfosterftw
10/24/2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10165274

OKC gets mentioned, but The Brick needs 11,000 more seats and I'm not sure that's going to fly.

reevie
10/24/2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10165274

OKC gets mentioned, but The Brick needs 11,000 more seats and I'm not sure that's going to fly.

They mention that OKC doesn't support the B12 Tournament unless OU or OSU is there. But they didn't mention how well the WCWS is supported when OU is not there. I think that is a good indicator that people would turn out for the CWS in OKC.

Big Red Ron
10/27/2007, 12:59 PM
Omaha will never let it go.Let's be honest, who REALLY wants it?

We're in the rotation for the Big XII Baseball Tourney, Basketball Tourney and Softball. Also NCAA Basketball regionals, not to mention the OKC Sonics. :O

We can throw Omaha a bone.:D

royalfan5
10/27/2007, 01:19 PM
Let's be honest, who REALLY wants it?

We're in the rotation for the Big XII Baseball Tourney, Basketball Tourney and Softball. Also NCAA Basketball regionals, not to mention the OKC Sonics. :O

We can throw Omaha a bone.:D
Omaha has NCAA Basketball regionals too, as well as Volleyball Final Fours and Olympic Swim trials. Plus the Qwest Center is ranked fifth in Concert Ticket sales in the United States. Omaha does okay for itself.

Big Red Ron
10/27/2007, 01:24 PM
Omaha has NCAA Basketball regionals too, as well as Volleyball Final Fours and Olympic Swim trials. Plus the Qwest Center is ranked fifth in Concert Ticket sales in the United States. Omaha does okay for itself.Okay, but I didn't mention we also have the NCAA wrestling Championships, PGA Tournament Championships, NCAA Gymnastics Championships.

Oh and the best football program in the Nation.

Sucks to be Nebbish.

royalfan5
10/27/2007, 01:55 PM
Okay, but I didn't mention we also have the NCAA wrestling Championships, PGA Tournament Championships, NCAA Gymnastics Championships.

Oh and the best football program in the Nation.

Sucks to be Nebbish.Of course Nebraska has more Fortune 500 companies than Oklahoma, plus the largest privately owned bank in the United States, and a higher per capita income.

Newbomb Turk
10/27/2007, 02:08 PM
Of course Nebraska has more Fortune 500 companies than Oklahoma, plus the largest privately owned bank in the United States, and a higher per capita income.
and a penis on your state quarter.

;)

royalfan5
10/27/2007, 02:30 PM
and a penis on your state quarter.

;)
and it's not even the biggest phallic symbol in the state.

Newbomb Turk
10/27/2007, 02:32 PM
and it's not even the biggest dick in the state.

right - that would be Callahan.

Big Red Ron
10/28/2007, 09:49 AM
Of course Nebraska has more Fortune 500 companies than Oklahoma, plus the largest privately owned bank in the United States, and a higher per capita income.All of which is nice but when you're a two horse town those things tend to work in your favor. Look at Vermont, they own you in those same things but who gives a squirt about Vermont?

Nothing personal, I've been to Nebraska and it's no Kansas.

Oh, and the Fortune 500 thing will last about another year or two. You probably knew that we've had a few move out over the last couple of years but didn't know that the companies in the same industry are growing by leaps and bounds.

Braging about having one more Fortune 500 is kinda sill, don't ya think? 7-8

OKC > the entire State of Neb.

OU >>>>> NU

Civicus_Sooner
10/29/2007, 11:00 AM
OU >>>>> NU
Well, duu.

royalfan5
10/29/2007, 11:08 AM
All of which is nice but when you're a two horse town those things tend to work in your favor. Look at Vermont, they own you in those same things but who gives a squirt about Vermont?

Nothing personal, I've been to Nebraska and it's no Kansas.

Oh, and the Fortune 500 thing will last about another year or two. You probably knew that we've had a few move out over the last couple of years but didn't know that the companies in the same industry are growing by leaps and bounds.

Braging about having one more Fortune 500 is kinda sill, don't ya think? 7-8

OKC > the entire State of Neb.

OU >>>>> NUAnd Nebraska will be gaining some as well, with First Data moving back. Plus Ameritrade moving up. I am aware of Oklahoma's commodity growth considering, the CEO of one of the energy companies is a client of my company. However, since commodity based growth driving both economies, don't you think Nebraska will grow as well? Plus, Nebraska has a more diversified base by being a large financial hub for the Midwest.

Also, Nebraska owns Vermont in both those categories, as we have a higher per capita income, and much more business than they do.

Also, NU is higher in the College Rankings than OU.

Civicus_Sooner
10/29/2007, 11:45 AM
Nebraska the Metropolis!

:D

Right now, Oklahoma is in a huge growth pattern. Forbes lists Tulsa and OKC in their top ten cities for business expansion and growth.

Oklahoma is already bigger and more developed than Nebraska as a state and we're leaving Nebraska in our wake growth wise.

The per capita income stat is deceiving, in that states like Vermont, Nebraska, and other small states do well in because of their lack of a real urban hub. In other words, poor people that tend to gravitate to wards urban areas bring that average down.

-2 Cents Worth