PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Hand - Women's Commit

Ardmore_Sooner
5/15/2007, 07:12 PM
By John Helsley
The Oklahoman
The overhaul of the Oklahoma women's basketball roster continues, now stretching to the recruiting class of 2008.

OU received its first commitment for the '08-09 season Tuesday, with Dallas-area shooting guard Whitney Hand saying she'll be a Sooner.

The 6-foot-1 Hand is considered one of the top five prospects in Texas. She chose the Sooners over Southern Cal, Stanford, Texas, Baylor and Texas A&M.

Hand, who plays at Argyle Liberty Christian, offers an added dimension as a big guard. OU's tallest returning guards are 5-foot-9 Rose Hammond and Nyeshia Stevenson, with point guard Jenna Plumley at 5-foot-4. The Sooners have two guard recruits arriving for next season: 5-foot-7 Danielle Robinson and 5-foot-9 Jenny Vining.

OU coach Sherri Coale is in the midst of a roster makeover, seeking more speed and athleticism after her team was ousted in the Sweet 16 the past two seasons.

The Sooners lost six seniors from this year's team, yet will be considered a Big 12 favorite with Courtney Paris and several other key pieces in place. Coale also will welcome a recruiting class – four prep players – ranked as high as 10th nationally and expected to infuse energy and quickness.

If only the men could pick up a few more PG's.

rankin07
5/17/2007, 12:18 AM
i read that she's a great shooter one of the tops in the country..her and jenny vining will be like erin higgins and chelsea welch again only better

CobraKai
5/18/2007, 10:36 AM
The best part is that her dad's name is Mr. Hand.

"Will I pass this class Mr. Hand? Gee Mr. Spicole, I don't know!"

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 12:29 AM
I have a feeling that "Hand" will do the "job."

I got nuthin

soonerdave79
5/19/2007, 10:49 AM
I have a feeling that "Hand" will do the "job."

I got nuthin

I think what you meant to say was, "I got nuttin".

Big Red Ron
5/19/2007, 10:53 AM
I think what you meant to say was, "I got nuttin".I don't know, Hand hasn't been getting the job done lately. :D

rankin07
5/20/2007, 01:03 AM
LoL niiice

badger
5/20/2007, 11:31 AM
ou has a need for speed :D

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2007, 02:58 PM
The best part is that her dad's name is Mr. Hand.

"Will I pass this class Mr. Hand? Gee Mr. Spicole, I don't know!"

lol

"what are you people......on dope"?