PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Aggie Lite

Socrefbek
5/15/2007, 05:02 PM
Found this while perusing for news at the NFL team rookie camps

New England Patriots

... -One of the bright spots on Day 1 was center Mike Elgin. The seventh-round draft pick performed well in all the drills. Despite being the smallest offensive lineman on the field, Elgin displayed the most power in strength drills. Elgin plays with tremendous leverage and really uses his hands well. He’s a guy to keep an eye on in the coming months.

-While it was a good day for Elgin, the same can’t be said about sixth-round selection Corey Hilliard (OSU tard). The young offensive lineman needs to get much stronger and get into better shape before training camp rolls around. Hilliard had a lot of trouble with the blocking sled and drew the ire of Patriots coaches throughout the day. It got so bad that Hilliard needed to excuse himself from practice because of poor conditioning ...

Way to come in and make an impression there Einstein. :cool:

snp
5/15/2007, 05:10 PM
Stupid thread.

Rhino
5/15/2007, 05:25 PM
I honestly thought this was going to be about former poke Walter Thomas:

Undrafted Thomas gets cut, QB Palko makes impression
May 14, 2007
By Bob Heist
Louisiana Gannett News

METAIRIE -- After signing a free-agent contract with the Saints, the legend of Walter Thomas had reached Bunyanesque proportions.

That's about what the 6-foot-4, 374-pound defensive tackle looked like entering the team's weekend rookie mini-camp.

A recruit of LSU coach Les Miles while he was at Oklahoma State, Thomas burst onto the draft scene in early April. During a phenomal workout at Mississippi State's pro day, he reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in 4.9 seconds, bench pressed 225 pounds 27 times and displayed a vertical leap of more than 30 inches.

Thomas was even pictured doing a front flip in a New York Times pre-draft story of little-known prospects.

But the one thing Thomas, who flunked out of Oklahoma State and lasted just two games into his career at Northwest Mississippi Community College, never had to display before the draft was his physical conditioning.

That came during the first day of mini-camp on Saturday morning, and it didn't take Saints coach Sean Payton long to separate fact from fiction.

"He had a brief career," Payton said with a chuckle on Sunday.

Exactly 12 minutes into his first workout, Thomas surrendered to the heat and went to the trainer's room for treatment. That's when Payton made the call and cut him.

"As a free agent signed after the draft, there's no way of measuring where he was conditioning-wise," Payton said.

"It was a wait-and-see situation, and we saw it when we saw it."

IronSooner
5/15/2007, 05:50 PM
Huh. Who would've guessed football required running.

Jello Biafra
5/15/2007, 05:51 PM
heh one - two buckle my shoe......where's the resident faggies to defend these two?

Socrefbek
5/15/2007, 09:33 PM
Stupid thread.

Stupid post :pop:

birddog
5/16/2007, 06:52 AM
damnit, them weights is heavy!

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 09:33 AM
heh one - two buckle my shoe......where's the resident faggies to defend these two?

Walter Thomas flunked out for a reason...

Hilliard will be fine. Sorry we can't go around and judge everyone's first day at work.

Landthief 1972
5/16/2007, 10:31 AM
Walter Thomas flunked out for a reason...

Yeah... he kept trying to squirt the dewormer into the sheep's mouth and fork hay into its ***. Should have stuck to Cow Milking 101.

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

MiccoMacey
5/16/2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry we can't go around and judge everyone's first day at work.

You did fine at your first day at work.

You looked a little sluggish handing me my fries out the drive-thru window, but you came back to life and finished the order strong by giving me back the correct change.

Way to go, bucko. You have management material written all over you.

:D:D:D

Seamus
5/16/2007, 01:42 PM
Heh :)

OSUAggie
5/16/2007, 01:55 PM
You did fine at your first day at work.

You looked a little sluggish handing me my fries out the drive-thru window, but you came back to life and finished the order strong by giving me back the correct change.

Way to go, bucko. You have management material written all over you.

:D:D:D

It's hard to hand fries thru the window to the fat kid on the schwinn... I'll do better next time, I promise... ;)

RacerX
5/16/2007, 02:29 PM
Bunyanesque