yermom
5/15/2007, 12:44 PM
i wonder if there will be a memorial issue of Hustler or anything

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 12:46 PM
Take it to the RIP thread.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/15/2007, 12:46 PM
Want me to delete this one so you can go post it real quick in your death thread, Pat?

OhU1
5/15/2007, 01:03 PM
I didn't agree with his politics but he didn't seem like a bad guy to me. He even claimed to have made friends with Larry Flynt. RIP

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 01:06 PM
I hear the teletubbies are going to picket his funeral.

royalfan5
5/15/2007, 01:07 PM
Had he been sick or was this sudden?

BigRedJed
5/15/2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Pat.

Oh, wait...

Hamhock
5/15/2007, 01:10 PM
Had he been sick or was this sudden?

the very end was sudden.

Czar Soonerov
5/15/2007, 01:10 PM
Fox news killed him? :confused:

OUDoc
5/15/2007, 01:23 PM
the very end was sudden.
Yeah, but I mean the very end, when he actually died. That was extremely sudden.

SoonerStormchaser
5/15/2007, 01:27 PM
Somewhere, Larry Flynt is preparing a statement.

JohnnyMack
5/15/2007, 01:35 PM
Fletch spek!

AggieTool
5/15/2007, 01:39 PM
I wonder where he went?:confused:

MojoRisen
5/15/2007, 01:41 PM
Well if he really made whoopie with farm animals - no where good.

Hamhock
5/15/2007, 01:42 PM
I wonder where he went?:confused:

the article says he went to the hospital. but if he died, they probably took him to the funeral home.

ywia

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/15/2007, 01:59 PM
Jerry seemed like a very good and sincere "cleric" to me. He's one of few I can think of who I respected.

TopDaugIn2000
5/15/2007, 02:03 PM
my aunt is SO gonna get Trumped by him now :mad:

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 02:41 PM
RIP

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 02:55 PM
Jerry seemed like a very good and sincere "cleric" to me. He's one of few I can think of who I respected.

this of course doesn't suprise me.

picasso
5/15/2007, 02:58 PM
this of course doesn't suprise me.
this doesn't surprise me either.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 03:00 PM
this doesn't surprise me either.
this caught me off guard

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 03:02 PM
this caught me off guard

this made me do a double take

picasso
5/15/2007, 03:03 PM
I had no idea.

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 03:04 PM
this of course doesn't surprise me

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 03:05 PM
I had no idea.
This one doesn't shock me.

picasso
5/15/2007, 03:05 PM
I like you Betty.

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 03:10 PM
i wonder if there will be a memorial issue of Hustler or anything

Tacky... well done.:D

stoopified
5/15/2007, 03:14 PM
Rip

GrapevineSooner
5/15/2007, 04:12 PM
Like a certain sports radio host here in Dallas that is an alumnus of Liberty University said, "Falwell's been known to say outrageous things. But he's like that whacked out uncle that meant well and really was a good guy underneath it all."

This host would tell stories about how Falwell would sneak behind him while he was broadcasting Liberty U. basketball games and shake him so he'd sound giggly on the radio.

And like I said when Molly Ivins and Ann Richards passed on to the next plane...

Rest in Peace.

1stTimeCaller
5/15/2007, 04:24 PM
the far right of the Republican party just got a little less kooky

Widescreen
5/15/2007, 04:27 PM
Didn't like him but didn't hate him. And I'm certainly not happy that he's dead.

JohnnyMack
5/15/2007, 04:41 PM
This one doesn't shock me.

http://home.socal.rr.com/xer0/images/shocker.jpg

yermom
5/15/2007, 04:50 PM
the far right of the Republican party just got a little less kooky

they still have Pat Robertson

1stTimeCaller
5/15/2007, 05:05 PM
Pat will be posting about him any day now. ;)

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:13 PM
they still have Pat Robertson

Robertson is in no way the same category as Falwell. Falwell was bright and passionate about his beliefs but Robertson is the real deal. Pat Robertson isn't a cartoon like Falwell had become.

It's like comparing Jesse Jackson to Martin Luther King. Same team but not equal.

JMHO

yermom
5/15/2007, 05:20 PM
which is which?

Jerry Falwell talked about Tinky Winky being gay, but Pat Robertson said Katrina was punishment from God

that's the "Real Deal"?

Hamhock
5/15/2007, 05:25 PM
clearly, Tinky Winky is a punishment from God.

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:26 PM
nm

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:27 PM
which is which?

Jerry Falwell talked about Tinky Winky being gay, but Pat Robertson said Katrina was punishment from God

that's the "Real Deal"?You can pull goofy quotes from any public figure. Pat did say his comments weren't exactly what he meant and publicly retracted his statement.

Falwell is the Jesse Jackson. Pat Robertson is a very intelligent man and isn't "just" a bible thumper. I've seen him debate fiscal philosophies that would make Jack Kemp look silly in. Pat is much more than a preacher.

yermom
5/15/2007, 05:41 PM
well, he said the same thing about Ariel Sharon, and then retracted that too

almost sounds like he's creeping up on Fred Phelps territory

and i'm not surprised he's up on economic matters ;)

StoopTroup
5/15/2007, 05:45 PM
It's funny to listen to the Talking Heads the last few weeks when they started talking about how The Catholic Church is violating the separation of Church and State in this Country in regards to the Illegal Problems we are facing.....and today Rev. Falwell dies and Hannity is livid about the Media talking about the Teletubby incident instead of what Rev. Falwell did to bring God and Conservatism onto the political platform in the U.S.

Their brains must spin like a gyro inside their craniums...

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:46 PM
well, he said the same thing about Ariel Sharon, and then retracted that too

almost sounds like he's creeping up on Fred Phelps territory

and i'm not surprised he's up on economic matters ;)Well, my point is that he's surprisingly smart and not just another TV preacher. heck, the guy ran for President.

And the Ariel Sharon comment probably comes from the fact that he believes they are responsible for the death of Christ. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Holy Roller, I just happen to think Falwell was kind of a punk and comparing him to Pat is sort of an insult to him.

yermom
5/15/2007, 05:48 PM
see, i thought Falwell was a bit of a punk and that Pat Robertson was even more out there ;)

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:51 PM
It's funny to listen to the Talking Heads the last few weeks when they started talking about how The Catholic Church is violating the separation of Church and State in this Country in regards to the Illegal Problems we are facing.....and today Rev. Falwell dies and Hannity is livid about the Media talking about the Teletubby incident instead of what Rev. Falwell did to bring God and Conservatism onto the political platform in the U.S.

Their brains must spin like a gyro inside their craniums...Well, to be fair, Hannity must be talking about getting Christians to vote based on their beliefs, not actually intertwining religion and politics.

It is a little bit ridiculous for a guy who founded a University and has been a national figure for a few decades to be remembered for the telli tubby thing.

Although, that's the way it is in the media. If Bill Clinton died tomorrow, how many times do you think they'd run that clip of him wagging his finger at us saying, "I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS..."

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:54 PM
see, i thought Falwell was a bit of a punk and that Pat Robertson was even more out there ;)Okay, maybe a better analagy...

Falwell = Al Sharpton and Pat = Jesse Jackson?

StoopTroup
5/15/2007, 05:55 PM
Well, to be fair, Hannity must be talking about getting Christians to vote based on their beliefs, not actually intertwining religion and politics.

It is a little bit ridiculous for a guy who founded a University and has been a national figure for a few decades to be remembered for the tallboy thing.

Although, that's the way it is in the media. If Bill Clinton died tomorrow, how many times do you think they'd run that clip of him wagging his finger at us saying, "I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS..."

Agreed...

I just think they get all fired up when Jerry probably doesn't care anymore...

I think his legacy will eventually speak for itself.

When Swaggert passes....I think we all know what they will bring up then...lol.

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 05:59 PM
Agreed...

I just think they get all fired up when Jerry probably doesn't care anymore...

I think his legacy will eventually speak for itself.

When Swaggert passes....I think we all know what they will bring up then...lol.Man, Swaggert is one of the lowest forms of humanity evar. Maybe he and Farakan will be bunk mates in hell?:D

Blue
5/15/2007, 06:56 PM
I agrre w/ BRR on Pat Robertson. Very knowledgeable on many subjects including the Bible. Also seems to have a good heart. ok ok...and a healthy wallet. :D

VeeJay
5/15/2007, 08:45 PM
Well.....Pat did propose dropping a nuclear bomb on the U.S. State Department.

Actually, that message may be hidden in the New Testament some place, I dunno...

OCUDad
5/15/2007, 08:56 PM
And now, just to prove insanity knows no bounds:
"A so-called "anti-memorial" is being planned in San Francisco's Castro district to mark Falwell's death. Gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders will speak out about Falwell's past efforts to demonize the gay community.

Falwell even created a furor in 1999 when one of his publications suggested that that the purse-carrying 'Teletubbies' character Tinky Winky was gay.

People attending today's event are asked to bring signs calling for religious acceptance of gays, and Tinky Winky dolls."
A plague on all their houses.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 08:58 PM
I don't think it can be disputed that tinky winky is gay.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:25 PM
You can pull goofy quotes from any public figure. Pat did say his comments weren't exactly what he meant and publicly retracted his statement.

i wouldn't really consider the many many quotes of Pat Robertson as 'goofy'. and you can't keep playing the "that's not what i meant" card when you spout off the craziest **** constantly.

and for anyone who has beef with anything i say, it's not what i meant.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:31 PM
Well, my point is that he's surprisingly smart and not just another TV preacher. heck, the guy ran for President.

yeah, so did Perot. and forbes. and Kucinich. and who's that guy that ran against Bush Sr? all bat $hit insane.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Holy Roller, I just happen to think Falwell was kind of a punk and comparing him to Pat is sort of an insult to him.

eh falwell was all the rage back in the day. remember the "Moral Majority". he just passed the baton to the next crazy dude that reminds us all of our drunken borderline racist grandpa. :)

picasso
5/15/2007, 10:32 PM
i wouldn't really consider the many many quotes of Pat Robertson as 'goofy'. and you can't keep playing the "that's not what i meant" card when you spout off the craziest **** constantly.

and for anyone who has beef with anything i say, it's not what i meant.
up yours.

I meant that.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think it can be disputed that tinky winky is gay.

i thought they were all pretty gay. and the fact that he singled out tinky winky just shows his lack of judgment on the other ones.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:35 PM
up yours.

I meant that.

up your nose with a rubber hose. i sorta meant that.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 10:35 PM
i thought they were all pretty gay. and the fact that he singled out tinky winky just shows his lack of judgment on the other ones.
Tinky winky was purple, wore a triangle, and carried a purse.

That is RAGING. The others were pale by comparison.

picasso
5/15/2007, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure why gays wanna be accepted by Christians.:rolleyes:

most hard core Christians don't accept anything. and I mean fine art, fine wine, fine music and sometimes fine women.

just keep on bein gay and doin your gay thing already. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to make you stop the bonking.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:39 PM
look at this and tell me any of them WEREN'T raging homosexuals. i dare you.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/def_lazer_fc/tubby.jpg

Soonerus
5/15/2007, 10:40 PM

To my knowledge, Falwell only accused the purple one...

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 10:40 PM
That cow print hat rawks.

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 10:46 PM
To my knowledge, Falwell only accused the purple one...

read a few posts up.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2007, 10:49 PM
read a few posts up.
You're new around here aren't you?

Meet Soonerus.....

yermom
5/15/2007, 10:57 PM

they still might not be as gay as The Wiggles

def_lazer_fc
5/15/2007, 11:04 PM
i think you're on to something.

Hamhock
5/16/2007, 07:51 AM

fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad, yummy yummy

yummy yummy yummy yummy fruit salaaaad

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2007, 07:59 AM
fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad, yummy yummy

yummy yummy yummy yummy fruit salaaaad
I bet that song has the word "tossed" in there somewhere.

IronHorseSooner
5/16/2007, 09:18 AM
Falwell, Robertson, Roberts, and Swaggert are all pretty much cut from the same cloth. They are all fundies who spin the basis of our faith to mean what they want it to mean. No doubt, on the other side, Jackson and Sharpton do it as well, they just don't have their own television networks to broadcast it day and night. I don't mean ill will to any of them, I just don't like any of them telling me what the Bible is or isn't. I am a Christian, but I don't believe the same way that any of these guys do.

TUSooner
5/16/2007, 02:14 PM
Robertson is in no way the same category as Falwell. Falwell was bright and passionate about his beliefs but Robertson is the real deal. Pat Robertson isn't a cartoon like Falwell had become.

It's like comparing Jesse Jackson to Martin Luther King. Same team but not equal.

JMHO
If Pat Robertson is the "Real Deal," gimme the sham deal.

I could easily see Pat Robertson saying that God commanded him to slay "thuosands and ten of thousands" of people he didn't agree with,
CREE-PEEE

TUSooner
5/16/2007, 02:16 PM
Okay, maybe a better analagy...

Falwell = Al Sharpton and Pat = Jesse Jackson?
Maybe so. :)

Big Red Ron
5/16/2007, 02:32 PM
Falwell, Robertson, Roberts, and Swaggert are all pretty much cut from the same cloth.I stopped reading here. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

StoopTroup
5/16/2007, 03:16 PM
For your viewing pleasure....

http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/the-wiggles_wiggles__tickets_1528487.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/16/2007, 03:41 PM
Then it's agreed, another Christian debbil bites the dust. Celebration party tonight at 7:00PM at Madeline Murray O'Hare's place.

Dio
5/16/2007, 05:36 PM
That cow print hat is FAAAAAABULOUS!.

fixed

yermom
5/16/2007, 08:02 PM
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5356.shtml

My mother always told me that no matter how much you dislike a person, when you meet them face to face you will find characteristics about them that you like. Jerry Falwell was a perfect example of that. I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends.

this has been something i have noticed as well.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5356.shtml

this has been something i have noticed as well.
I'm hoping for the same thing with a certain someone around here eventually.:O

olevetonahill
5/16/2007, 09:28 PM
For Real ? No shat ? :eek:
I never had a clue , when did this happen ?