PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Morrison to try his hand at MMA

royalfan5
5/15/2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=8664

Eventually wants to fight Chuck Liddell.

Frozen Sooner
5/15/2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

Scott D
5/15/2007, 11:43 AM
You can't fix stupid.

royalfan5
5/15/2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a REALLY bad idea.
Just like Rocky V, and fighting one of the more underrated heavyweights while hungover.

Scott D
5/15/2007, 11:46 AM
Just like 99% of the ideas he's come up with in his life.

;)

Widescreen
5/15/2007, 12:13 PM
I'd watch it - but I wouldn't pay for it. I don't think he'd last 1 round. I mean if he can't last 1 round with Michael Bentt, he's really going to be in over his head against even a decent MMA dude.

Scott D
5/15/2007, 12:39 PM
I dunno Widescreen, might be worth putting down money to see Chuck Lidell beat him within an inch of his brainless life.

royalfan5
5/15/2007, 01:07 PM
I'd watch it - but I wouldn't pay for it. I don't think he'd last 1 round. I mean if he can't last 1 round with Michael Bentt, he's really going to be in over his head against even a decent MMA dude.
Michael Bentt was a world class amateur in the mid to late 1980's. He was badly mis-handled in his pro debut, by getting put in with Jerry Jones who was a pretty good fighter with plenty of pop as well as being a southpaw. Bentt strung together a bunch of wins after that, and if he hadn't nearly been killed against Herbie Hide, probably would have had a pretty decent career. At least Bentt rebounded to be in some movies.

Widescreen
5/15/2007, 04:32 PM
I still say that Morrison will get absolutely abused if he gets in the octagon. He's old, out of shape, can only box (sort of). He'll be facing off against people who aren't any of those things.

royalfan5
5/15/2007, 04:34 PM
I still say that Morrison will get absolutely abused if he gets in the octagon. He's old, out of shape, can only box (sort of). He'll be facing off against people who aren't any of those things.
I agree, I just hate when people don't give Bentt credit for actually being a pretty good boxer.