PDA

View Full Version : Any Silverchair fans on the board?

Osce0la
5/15/2007, 09:26 AM
They have a new album out (only in Australia right now, not sure when the US release is). Sounds completely different than anything they have done in the past.

The entire album is on their MySpace page. (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=68603685)

Osce0la
5/15/2007, 09:29 AM
Some of the stuff on the new album has kind of a Cars sound, a lot of it sounds like more of a classic/modern rock (I guess that could be the reason for the name of the album - Young Modern)...

critical_phil
5/15/2007, 09:34 AM
Some of the stuff on the new album has kind of a Cars sound, a lot of it sounds like more of a classic/modern rock (I guess that could be the reason for the name of the album - Young Modern)...

so, was frogstomp actually about stomping frogs?

birddog
5/15/2007, 09:36 AM
i just re-purchased neon ballroom and the one with the kid on the cover for that good old summer time feel.

Beef
5/15/2007, 09:39 AM
so, was frogstomp actually about stomping frogs?
The water out of the tap is very...HARD TO DRINK!
VERY HARD TO DRINK!!!!!!

LilSooner
5/15/2007, 09:43 AM
I loved Frog Stomp! I was also a big fan of freak show, but then once I graduated high school I stopped listening to them.

Frog Stomp is a great CD to work out to. I used to play it weight room all the time.

critical_phil
5/15/2007, 09:48 AM
after 12 years of touring, the guys in the band are finally old enough to buy a beer.

Petro-Sooner
5/15/2007, 09:51 AM
I hadnt thought about them in yrs. Good stuff.

Osce0la
5/15/2007, 09:55 AM
I went to their site yesterday to see when the album was going to be released (can't find the US release date), then I tried to search for their song "Asylum" this morning and found that MySpace page. Listened to the entire album this morning. Sounds absolutely nothing like anything they have done before, but I really like the new sound. I'll be by to pick it up whenever they finally release it here...

I believe they are finishing up their Australian tour and then they plan to release it in the US and follow it up with a US tour.

BigRedJed
5/15/2007, 10:22 AM
So I guess the Pearl Jam ripoff thing wasn't working for them anymore? Well, it's not working for Pearl Jam either, I guess...

Osce0la
5/15/2007, 10:26 AM
Probably my favorite Silverchair song (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PqQx4mbBpcc) of all time...and you can't find it on CD very easily...