PDA

View Full Version : Best Golf Courses In Oklahoma?

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 09:11 AM
New to the area and would like to know where to play some nice golf courses in or outside of the metro area. I live near Rose Creek so I know about that one. Challenging course especially when the wind is up.

Thanks.

Boomer.....
5/15/2007, 09:14 AM
Westwood or Brookside

Petro-Sooner
5/15/2007, 09:14 AM
Jimmie Austin is pretty good

Oak Tree is ok.

Boomer.....
5/15/2007, 09:20 AM
From what I remember, Silverhorn was pretty nice.

Petro-Sooner
5/15/2007, 09:23 AM
Theres a public one up in Edmond that is nice. Cant think of the name right now.

Newbomb Turk
5/15/2007, 09:26 AM
Westwood or Brookside

Brookside is my personal favorite. :D

I like the Jimmie Austin course. Silverhorn is OK - i'm not that fond of it. I'd rather drive just a bit north to Edmond and play Coffee Creek.

IB4OU2
5/15/2007, 09:30 AM
Karsten Creek, drive a little, spend ALOT, nice course though,

Newbomb Turk
5/15/2007, 09:32 AM
I've heard several people say that Chickasaw Pointe on Lake Texoma is nice - never been there myself.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/15/2007, 10:34 AM
anyone play the new one at thackerville? we might try to play it over memorial day weekend.

King Crimson
5/15/2007, 11:31 AM
Theres a public one up in Edmond that is nice. Cant think of the name right now.

Kickingbird? at least back inna day it was a very respectable public course. quite a few good holes. it's old school compared to todays move the dirt around and sculpt what the architect drew up. always looks like it's in decent shape when i drive by. my uncle lives near there.

i like Jimmie Austin, too.

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 11:34 AM
How is Hefner? Looks kinda flat.

Petro-Sooner
5/15/2007, 11:35 AM
Coffee Creek was it.

Newbomb Turk
5/15/2007, 12:04 PM
Kickingbird is OK. The only thing I don't like about it is that they think because it's in Edmond, that it's special like Oak Tree or something.

Hefner is so-so. Pretty busy on the weekends. I prefer the south to the north. Yeah - it's relatively flat. Hefner does have the best practice facilities among the city courses.

Of the city courses (Hefner, Trosper, Earlywine, Lincoln), the west course at Lincoln is the best. Has a few hills and is more challenging than the other courses.

Hamhock
5/15/2007, 12:07 PM
Karsten Creek, drive a little, spend ALOT, nice course though,

second.

Sooner98
5/15/2007, 12:26 PM
Of the city courses (Hefner, Trosper, Earlywine, Lincoln), the west course at Lincoln is the best. Has a few hills and is more challenging than the other courses.

I second Lincoln West as a great course, but not too expensive.

King Crimson
5/15/2007, 12:26 PM
Kickingbird is OK. The only thing I don't like about it is that they think because it's in Edmond, that it's special like Oak Tree or something.

Hefner is so-so. Pretty busy on the weekends. I prefer the south to the north. Yeah - it's relatively flat. Hefner does have the best practice facilities among the city courses.

the west course at Lincoln Park is pretty good. i slogged a million junior and high school tournaments on Earlywine, Trosper and Hefner.....i've heard they are maintained much better these days...inna day in july or august with today's high trajectory drivers and the ground so hard the ball would have bounced about 30 feet in the air on the first bounce.

Kickingbird used to have pretty good cheese burgers.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/15/2007, 01:28 PM
I used to play at Chickasa Pointe everyday and it's really nice. Of course that was back in the day when I could play there for free :(

picasso
5/15/2007, 03:00 PM
KAH-WAH-C in Fairfax. tis the Pebble Beach of the east.

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 03:12 PM
Wasn't Brookside smacked by that big tornader in 99?

Boomer.....
5/15/2007, 03:17 PM

It was near. It is that little 9 hole duker off Shields and 89th.

r5TPsooner
5/15/2007, 03:19 PM
BTW, didn't Coach Switzer & Toby Keith purchase a golf course together? The name of it escapes me but I think it's between Norman and Moore if I'm not mistaken?

picasso
5/15/2007, 03:21 PM
Belmar. it's pretty good.

Dio
5/15/2007, 04:13 PM

No, that was the one on Eastern between 27th & 89th. Got it again in '03.

King Crimson
5/15/2007, 04:28 PM
Belmar. it's pretty good.

Belmar was pretty cool before they built all the houses out there. still a good track but it was just kind of out in the middle of windswept, tallgrass nowhere.

Oak Tree was the same way in early 80's--before it grew as a community and Edmond grew out past Danforth (I think).

Condescending Sooner
5/15/2007, 04:32 PM
Do yourself a favor, and drive about 1.5 hours to Roman Nose in Watonga. It is a beatiful layout and very challenging. There are some bluffs where you can see for at least 20 miles. There are also several canyons which are in play. The last time we played there, we had to wait for a Doe and her twin fawns to leave the green so we could tee off.

Robby6pack
5/15/2007, 04:37 PM
No, that was the one on Eastern between 27th & 89th. Got it again in '03.
that was "lakeside" cow pasture. Good beer drinking place. lots of oil trucks out front and shirts were optional. Drive out to Hinton. Sugar Creek Canyon was a good course. Front nine is fairly straight forward, but back is real fun. Wasn't too expensive either(back when i had time to golf).

Sooner98
5/15/2007, 06:20 PM
When I was a poor student back in the mid-90's and I lived in Moore for a year then, you could go out to Lakeside if it was after 4:00 PM and play nine holes for 5 bucks. Good times. I guess they just gave up on it after the '03 twister?

Jimminy Crimson
5/15/2007, 07:26 PM
The Territory outside of Duncan is one of my favorites in the state.