PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Eureka Springs

OU4LIFE
5/14/2007, 03:09 PM
over Memorial Day weekend.

with 3 chicks.

and I don't shop.

I plan on playing a lot of golf and hiding. I hear Branson Creek is nice, and since we'll be right at Holiday Island, I'm sure I'll play that course a couple of times.

What are YOU doing?

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 03:13 PM
I'm taking the wife out of town for a weekend of hot sex.

Just not sure whether to do it in Dallas or Hot Springs.

OU4LIFE
5/14/2007, 03:13 PM
tough call.

on the hot sex part I mean.

Howzit
5/14/2007, 03:15 PM
I'm going to catch up on my nose hair plucking.

Widescreen
5/14/2007, 03:16 PM
...for a weekend of hot sex.

Cool. Who with?

OU4LIFE
5/14/2007, 03:17 PM

Dude, it's only a 3 day weekend.

Howzit
5/14/2007, 03:18 PM
Dude, it's only a 3 day weekend.

I'm hoping to get through one nostril.

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 03:19 PM
Cool. Who with?

what do i care? i'll be playing golf.

OU4LIFE
5/14/2007, 03:21 PM
try for a hole-in-one.

IB4OU2
5/14/2007, 03:22 PM
Go play a round at the Berryville Country Club, You'll love it!

Mjcpr
5/14/2007, 03:23 PM
with 3 chicks.

Dang, somebody better phone ahead and make sure they have enough ingredients for the apple martinis you ladies will be throwing down.

85Sooner
5/14/2007, 03:23 PM
EURECKA I GOT NOTHIN

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 03:26 PM
try for a hole-in-one.

why? what's so special about a hole-in-one?

crawfish
5/14/2007, 03:27 PM
My son threw up in Eureka Springs just last summer.

Fond, fond memories.

frankensooner
5/14/2007, 03:30 PM
I plan on having "Frank's 41st Birthday Party Drunk-a-thon" on Monday the 28th. (although my Birthday isn't until the 30th) I think I will set up the kid's waterslide, fire up the grill and the blender and have a very happy Memorial Day indeed!

OU4LIFE
5/14/2007, 03:34 PM
Dang, somebody better phone ahead and make sure they have enough ingredients for the apple martinis you ladies will be throwing down.

done

Newbomb Turk
5/14/2007, 03:38 PM
The wife and I have been to Eureka Springs several times. Where are you staying?

Howzit
5/14/2007, 03:43 PM

Can't wait see him with THREE pairs of panties on his big ol' haid.

crawfish
5/14/2007, 03:44 PM
My son threw up in Eureka Springs just last summer.

Fond, fond memories.

I'm obviously not much help in Arkansas travel tips. :D

I can tell you where not go go in Southwest Arkansas, though. Specifically: avoid southwest Arkansas.

KC//CRIMSON
5/14/2007, 04:10 PM

with 3 chicks.

and I don't shop.

I plan on playing a lot of golf and hiding. I hear Branson Creek is nice, and since we'll be right at Holiday Island, I'm sure I'll play that course a couple of times.

What are YOU doing?

Go here: http://www.ermilios.com/ Trust me. It rocks and it's not expensive.:cool:

StoopTroup
5/14/2007, 04:12 PM
You should get your nose pierced too. :D

:pop:

Newbomb Turk
5/14/2007, 05:07 PM
Go here: http://www.ermilios.com/ Trust me. It rocks and it's not expensive.:cool:

I second that. If it's a Friday or Saturday night, get there early or be prepared to wait.

Sooner_Bob
5/14/2007, 05:11 PM
I thought you had to be like 60 to go to Eureka Springs . . .

colleyvillesooner
5/14/2007, 05:26 PM
I second that. If it's a Friday or Saturday night, get there early or be prepared to wait.

Thirded. Make a reservation. It rocks.

Penguin
5/14/2007, 05:27 PM

with 3 chicks.

and I don't shop.

What are YOU doing?

It's a nice area. My parents used to live in Holiday Island.

Newbomb Turk
5/14/2007, 06:47 PM
Thirded. Make a reservation. It rocks.

I can't get the link to open, but I don't think they take reservations.

Boomer.....
5/14/2007, 07:25 PM
It's a nice area. My parents used to live in Holiday Island.
We stayed in a time share on the golf course in Holiday Island late last year. Very pretty area, but little to do during the winter.

picasso
5/14/2007, 08:40 PM
you staying at the Crescent? I like that place.

bluedogok
5/14/2007, 09:41 PM
Good riding territory, that is what we go up there for.

OU4LIFE
5/15/2007, 07:26 AM
The wife and I have been to Eureka Springs several times. Where are you staying?

Holiday Island condo.

OU4LIFE
5/15/2007, 07:28 AM
I'm playing golf, then I might play some golf and drink a little.

and it looks like we're going to Ermilio's too, thx KC.

Hamhock
5/15/2007, 08:48 AM
i had a relative that lived in Eureka springs, but moved.

"Lesbians and witches, that's all they have in Eureka Springs"....according to Uncle Jack.

Could you take a picture of a witch? I'd like to see a real witch. A lesbian witch would certainly be a double bonus.

SoonerJack
5/15/2007, 09:08 AM
My wife and I were going to go back to Eureka Springs for our 20th anniversary (we honeymooned there). So I made reservations for one weekend last summer at the Crescent, which is where we stayed, and then I started checking out the "things to do this summer" page on the city website. Turns out that weekend was going to be the big PrideFest parade. I quickly cancelled the reservations and we went elsewhere. Evidently the flamers really like 1. hippies, 2. "natural" clothing, 3. cute little victorian gingerbread houses, 4. the Passion Play.

Go figure.

picasso
5/15/2007, 09:15 AM
My wife and I were going to go back to Eureka Springs for our 20th anniversary (we honeymooned there). So I made reservations for one weekend last summer at the Crescent, which is where we stayed, and then I started checking out the "things to do this summer" page on the city website. Turns out that weekend was going to be the big PrideFest parade. I quickly cancelled the reservations and we went elsewhere. Evidently the flamers really like 1. hippies, 2. "natural" clothing, 3. cute little victorian gingerbread houses, 4. the Passion Play.

Go figure.
Camden and I went a few years ago and ended up being the judges for the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

we always stay at the Crescent. it's pretty cool in an old musty Arkansas kinda way.

Newbomb Turk
5/15/2007, 09:23 AM
we always stay at the Crescent. it's pretty cool in an old musty Arkansas kinda way.

If you drive through the parking lot of the Crescent there are 3 or 4 places to stay just beyond that. We always stay in one of those. Pretty quiet up there except for all of the bikers you can hear driving through town. We like to walk to the Crescent and visit the lounge on the top floor. They have a balcony you can go out on that overlooks the town.

picasso
5/15/2007, 09:38 AM
yeah the bar on the top floor is good times.

I'd like to rent out the suite where the good quack doctor used to live.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/15/2007, 10:31 AM
I thought you had to be like 60 to go to Eureka Springs . . .

thats Branson....go to Branson and TRY to count the Buicks, it cant be done.

We are going later this summer with the whole family. I like Eureka Springs...its kind of a weird little town, but relaxing. Good place to sit in a little bar and drink a few beers while the women walk around shopping.

OU4LIFE
5/15/2007, 03:04 PM
you should go with us.

sort of a pre-whole family scouting.

we'll golf.

and drink.

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 03:05 PM
Y'all go. Paint the town mauve or whatever it was you did in Vegas.

OU4LIFE
5/25/2007, 10:53 AM
aww look, Pat's jealous.

we can't all just go to the lake, Pat.

Packing tonight...leaving in the am. I should be in hippie central by 3ish. But i'm in no hurry.

ya'll come.....I'll blend right in with the hippies, I should be hard to spot.

You could play 'find OU4LIFE'

Mjcpr
5/25/2007, 11:21 AM
aww look, Pat's jealous.

we can't all just go to the lake, Pat.

I'm not even doing that. No lake, no boating.

Some golf and grilling IF the rain stays away. :mad:

Okla-homey
5/25/2007, 11:32 AM
Eureka Springs Trivia. The number off Oklahoma hilbillies who runnoft to get married in ES is stunning. This is often because Oklahoma law says you can't marry again for six months after a deevorce, however, Arkie doesn't mind if you get a divorce decree on Tuesday and get married again on Wednesday. Therefore, Okies who caint wait, load up and head for Eureka Springs!:D

OU4LIFE
6/6/2007, 11:16 AM
Just cause you are dying to know how it went...

Golf was very nice. I posted a nice tidy little 2 over at Branson Creek, picasso couldn't sniff that if he only played 12 holes there.

The hippies were plentiful. As were the AGAPA bikers. Some of the highlights:

Saw an old hippie chick at the Sunday Market selling pot plants. No, seriously. It went something like this: Me: Um, you're selling marijuana? Isn't that sort of illegal? Her: No, it's not pot, these are miniature japanese maples. Me: riiiiight.

Had a few drinks at Dr. Bakers bar in the Crescent. Nice view, but the drinks are WAY overpriced. I had the two miller lites that the bartender opened on accident for the dude in front of me and then asked if I'd buy them at 2 for 1. The wife had the TEN DOLLAR martini. Dr. Baker must be living well. I'd give it One thumb up and one middle finger fully extended.

Dinner at Rogue's Manor. Tasty, mid-affordable, good atmosphere, overly chatty waitress. Overall I'd give it one and three-quarter thumbs up.

had drinks upstairs at the Basin hotel...out on the balcony...nice breeze, comfy and the Fat tire beer was extra cold and not crazy priced. Best drink stop we had, IMO. Two Thumbs fully erect.

Dinner at Ermilios. Dude, I was SO looking forward to this place..as I loves me some Italian food. Biggest. Letdown. Ever. Food was average to ok. I sampled a little of everyone's order. Uncomfortable chairs, I was bumped by the waiters at least three times as they were leaving the kitchen....not my favorite experience. Very affordable food, portions looked small, but were actually perfect. One thumb sideways.

Mexican food at Cafe Santa Fe, it was actually pretty good. Cold Dos Equis, hot tortillas, hot salsa. Two thumbs up.

Then I got to drive home 5 1/2 hours with three chicks that i'd just spent 4 days with. Both middle fingers fully extended. Bad idea. Don't do it.

Overall, good trip, relaxing atmosphere pretty much everywhere you go, you could do much worse.

Howzit
6/6/2007, 11:17 AM
What, no panty on your head pics?

OU4LIFE
6/6/2007, 11:21 AM
nope, none this time either.

I know how much that displeases you.

colleyvillesooner
6/6/2007, 11:51 AM
Basin Hotel was where we stayed. Nice hotel and that bar is nice up on top like that.

SicEmBaylor
6/6/2007, 11:54 AM
Eureka Springs is where SicEmEx and hubby #1, whom she married instead of me, eloped to just weeks after our separation. Eureka Springs can burn to the damned ground for all I care.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2007, 12:20 PM
I'm happy I could bring up those memories for you.

you're welcome.

IB4OU2
6/13/2007, 01:02 PM
Just cause you are dying to know how it went...

Golf was very nice. I posted a nice tidy little 2 over at Branson Creek, picasso couldn't sniff that if he only played 12 holes there.

The hippies were plentiful. As were the AGAPA bikers. Some of the highlights:

Saw an old hippie chick at the Sunday Market selling pot plants. No, seriously. It went something like this: Me: Um, you're selling marijuana? Isn't that sort of illegal? Her: No, it's not pot, these are miniature japanese maples. Me: riiiiight. I'll take three please.

Had a few drinks at Dr. Bakers bar in the Crescent. Nice view, but the drinks are WAY overpriced. I had the two miller lites that the bartender opened on accident for the dude in front of me and then asked if I'd buy them at 2 for 1. The wife had the TEN DOLLAR martini. Dr. Baker must be living well. I'd give it One thumb up and one middle finger fully extended.

Dinner at Rogue's Manor. Tasty, mid-affordable, good atmosphere, overly chatty waitress. Overall I'd give it one and three-quarter thumbs up.

had drinks upstairs at the Basin hotel...out on the balcony...nice breeze, comfy and the Fat tire beer was extra cold and not crazy priced. Best drink stop we had, IMO. Two Thumbs fully erect.

Dinner at Ermilios. Dude, I was SO looking forward to this place..as I loves me some Italian food. Biggest. Letdown. Ever. Food was average to ok. I sampled a little of everyone's order. Uncomfortable chairs, I was bumped by the waiters at least three times as they were leaving the kitchen....not my favorite experience. Very affordable food, portions looked small, but were actually perfect. One thumb sideways.

Mexican food at Cafe Santa Fe, it was actually pretty good. Cold Dos Equis, hot tortillas, hot salsa. Two thumbs up.

Then I got to drive home 5 1/2 hours with three chicks that i'd just spent 4 days with. Both middle fingers fully extended. Bad idea. Don't do it.

Overall, good trip, relaxing atmosphere pretty much everywhere you go, you could do much worse.

Hey Buddy, What'd you do with the miniature japanese maples?

OU4LIFE
6/13/2007, 02:13 PM
I turned and walked away from them, as per usual.