PDA

View Full Version : Things Looking up in Boregon

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=879670
+
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducksfootball/

Wow 2 TV spots...And Rishad making the HOF...wow that "win" over OU has really brought this team to prominence, I'll tell you what...

Landthief 1972
5/14/2007, 10:13 AM
Cool! Who are the two lucky teams that will be hosed out of a win by incompetent PAC-10 officials on national TV this year?

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 10:16 AM
Arizona..in Zona...Oregon State at Fraudzen...at least they are both Pac-10 teams and they can just screw each other...But Mike beat them last year at Fraudzen...he kept in the Ref's ear the entire game...

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/286/10my4.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

badger
5/14/2007, 11:26 AM
Ahmad Rashad, who had an outstanding career as a wide receiver and running back at the University of Oregon under the name Bobby Moore, has been elected to the 2007 class of the College Football Hall of Fame.

So OREGON is responsible for this annoying commentator?! Stupid duck.

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 11:33 AM

And doesn't he do a Basketball show...WTF?

badger
5/14/2007, 11:45 AM
And doesn't he do a Basketball show...WTF?
i have never been an ahmad fan. back when jordan played, he could ask him anything... and instead, asked him stupid stuff like "are you going balder or something?" or "what type of shoes are you wearing now? air jordans? wow..."

ok, so not THOSE questions, but similar like-questions.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 11:52 AM
IMO almost every HOF for every sport is becoming so irrelevant. They will let anyone in, the HOF should be the greatest ever, not the really good! Rashad was a 3 time all conf player, does that really equate to the HOF?

Scott D
5/14/2007, 11:56 AM
IMO almost every HOF for every sport is becoming so irrelevant. They will let anyone in, the HOF should be the greatest ever, not the really good! Rashad was a 3 time all conf player, does that really equate to the HOF?

Bobby Moore was a bit before your time, but he was a very good player. I believe injuries cut his career with the Vikings short in the NFL.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 12:09 PM
I wasnt talking about him, I hadnt even heard of him as you guessed. I just dont like the HOF voting in really good players, maybe thats just me but I think they should be the best of the best

Scott D
5/14/2007, 12:17 PM
I wasnt talking about him, I hadnt even heard of him as you guessed. I just dont like the HOF voting in really good players, maybe thats just me but I think they should be the best of the best

well the problem with a collegiate HOF is that you are skimming a pond of hundreds of thousands of former players every year. Using the logic you presented earlier, Barry Sanders has no place in the College Football HOF since he really only played one full season.

OSUAggie
5/14/2007, 12:20 PM
well the problem with a collegiate HOF is that you are skimming a pond of hundreds of thousands of former players every year. Using the logic you presented earlier, Barry Sanders has no place in the College Football HOF since he really only played one full season.

Actually, he was a 2-time AA.

Scott D
5/14/2007, 12:22 PM
you...back to the sheep farm while I make my point.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 12:30 PM
he was a two time AA Who won the heisman, that is GREAT to me

Collier11
5/14/2007, 12:31 PM
Let me make my point using OU players of the Stoops Tenure:
Tommie Harris-no
Jason White-yes
Quentin Griffin-no
AD-no
Derrick Strait-yes
Roy-Yes
Rocky-yes
lehman-no

OSUAggie
5/14/2007, 12:56 PM
So the HOF should be the difference between, say, Ron Dayne and Anthony Thompson...

I'm on board with that.

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 01:05 PM
So the HOF should be the difference between, say, Ron Dayne and Anthony Thompson...

I'm on board with that.

Great...now I can finally get a good nights sleep...this was bothering me:rolleyes:

Seamus
5/14/2007, 01:14 PM
AD no?

He set the national record for most rushing yards for a freshman. That has to count for something.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 01:18 PM
He wasnt consistently dominant IMO, unfortunately he got hurt and didnt put up the big numbers that he would have had he been healthy. He also didnt do anything against usc, oregon in the holiday bowl minus one drive, and bsu in the fiesta minus one drive. This is just my opinion though and im obviously not a voter so...

snp
5/14/2007, 01:36 PM

And Dan Fouts.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 01:46 PM
dp

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 01:47 PM
He wasnt consistently dominant IMO, unfortunately he got hurt and didnt put up the big numbers that he would have had he been healthy. He also didnt do anything against usc, oregon in the holiday bowl minus one drive, and bsu in the fiesta minus one drive. This is just my opinion though and im obviously not a voter so...I don't know, he did set the record for rushing, as a freshman, came in second for the heisman and rushed for 4000 yards in about 26 games (or two seasons). Sure he was hurt but there wasn't a better RB in CF during his time in school, in the country.

I think Lehman's body of work and teh Butkis gets him in.

Q, will have an uphill shot but he did win an MNC and almost rushed for 2000 yards in a season.

A. Perkins will have a shot based on his three TD punt returns in a game.

If Amad can get in, all the guys on your list can get in. Which was your original problem with the CF HOF.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 02:23 PM
I can see all of those guys getting in and that is why I included them, but I dont think they all deserve to be in.

Lehman and Q were both very good but IMO neither of them were dominant for the entirety of their careers. I can see the AD argument cus when he did play he was unstoppable for the most part, I just dont know if he played enough

SteelClip49
5/14/2007, 02:41 PM
Quentin Griffin will be in.....2000 Texas, pretty much sealed the deal against FSU, should have been the 2003 Rose Bowl MVP. QQQQ over Adrian, imo.

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 02:51 PM
Quentin Griffin will be in.....2000 Texas, pretty much sealed the deal against FSU, should have been the 2003 Rose Bowl MVP. QQQQ over Adrian, imo.

Although I am an AD diehard like most of you all, but I have to agree. While AD was great to watch on Every Saturday (he played)...Q was GREAT when we really needed it...and still put up the numbers through out the years...isn't he up in the Top 5 (OU) all time rushers as well? I could look it up but I am lazy...Q > AD neg away

Collier11
5/14/2007, 03:09 PM
Two Questions:
1: Is Steve Davis in the Hall?

2: 20-5 as a starter, 53-31 Td/Int ratio, 1 national Title, qb'd perhaps the greatest 3 game stretch in OU and Ncaa history with wins against #10 texas, #2 Kstate, and #1 Nebraska

Is Josh Heupel in the Hall when all is said and done, I am on the fence

snp
5/14/2007, 03:19 PM
AD, AP and Lehman

I agree, they all get in. Is AP still second behind Welker for punt returns for TDs?

Although Desean Jackson should break that record this next year.

Scott D
5/14/2007, 06:26 PM
Two Questions:
1: Is Steve Davis in the Hall?

2: 20-5 as a starter, 53-31 Td/Int ratio, 1 national Title, qb'd perhaps the greatest 3 game stretch in OU and Ncaa history with wins against #10 texas, #2 Kstate, and #1 Nebraska

Is Josh Heupel in the Hall when all is said and done, I am on the fence

Kurt Burris
Tony Casillas
Forest "Spot" Geyer
Keith Jackson
Lawrence "Biff" Jones
Tommy "Shoo-Fly" McDonald
Bennie Owen
Jim Owens
Steve Owens
Greg Pruitt
Claude Reeds
J.D. Roberts
Lee Roy Selmon
Billy Sims
Barry Switzer
Jim "Big Jim" Tatum
Jerry Tubbs
Billy "Curly" Vessels
Joe Washington
Jim Weatherall
Bud Wilkinson
Waddy Young

Little Joe was the most recent induction, Casillas went in the year before him.

Scott D
5/14/2007, 06:27 PM
And here is their criteria

CRITERIA:

1. FIRST AND FOREMOST, A PLAYER MUST HAVE RECEIVED MAJOR FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICA RECOGNITION.

2. A player becomes eligible for consideration by the Foundation's Honors Court 10 years after his last year of intercollegiate football played.

3. While each nominee's football achievements are of prime consideration, his post-football record as a citizen is also weighed. He must have proven himself worthy as a citizen, carrying the ideals of football forward into his relations with his community and his fellow man with love of his country. Consideration may also be given for academic honors and whether or not the candidate earned a college degree.

4. In accordance with the 50-year rule,* players must have played their last year of intercollegiate football within the last 50 years. For example, to be eligible for the 2005 ballot, the player must have played his last year in 1955 or thereafter. In addition, players who are playing professionally and coaches who are coaching on the professional level are not eligible until after they retire.

5. A coach becomes eligible three years after retirement or immediately following retirement provided he is at least 70 years of age. Active coaches become eligible at 75 years of age. He must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and coached at least 100 games with a .600 winning percentage*.

*Those players that do not comply with the 50-year rule and coaches who have not won 60% of their games may still be eligible for consideration by the Division I-A and Divisional Honors Review Committees, which examine unique cases.

I'd call #3 the Orenthal James Simpson rule. But, he managed to get elected back when he was still making Hertz commercials (1983).

Collier11
5/14/2007, 08:17 PM
how is steve davis not in? I am not sure of his total stats, but isnt he 32-1 as a starter?

Scott D
5/14/2007, 09:38 PM
I think you should contact the selection committee yourself.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 09:47 PM
what am I missing here?

Seamus
5/14/2007, 09:50 PM
This is just my opinion though and im obviously not a voter so...

... STFU! :texan:

No, seriously, you raise a good point and I see where you're coming from. Can't say I disagree with your argument. But I think it's close, either way.

Scott D
5/15/2007, 11:37 AM
what am I missing here?

I'm thinking that if Steve Davis fits the criteria listed in the previous post, then you should start a campaign to get him elected into the College Football HOF. I mean it has only been 2 years since a Sooner was elected, and we need to get up to 25 asap.

StuIsTheMan
5/15/2007, 12:18 PM
I'm thinking that if Steve Davis fits the criteria listed in the previous post, then you should start a campaign to get him elected into the College Football HOF. I mean it has only been 2 years since a Sooner was elected, and we need to get up to 25 asap.

How we haven't met that number alreadyis beyond me:confused:

CincySooner
5/15/2007, 01:43 PM
I agree, they all get in. Is AP still second behind Welker for punt returns for TDs?

Although Desean Jackson should break that record this next year.

Just a Note:

Perkins and Welker ended their careers tied for first in career punt return TDs (8)

Perkins and Desean Jackson are (currently) tied for punt return TDs in a season (4)

Desean Jackson has 5 career punt return TDs currently... He's still got some work ahead of him, but 2 years in which to do it.

Perkins still has the singe-game record :)