PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 08:02 AM
I saw the Blue Angels practice last week. Afterward, they hung around, chatted and signed autographs for me (and 200 other folks).

In case you are wondering, they are way cooler than any of you.

I'm seriously considering quitting my job as a cpa to become a Blue Angel.

OKLA21FAN
5/14/2007, 08:07 AM
you've lost that lovin feeling

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 08:09 AM
you've lost that lovin feeling

way cooler than that.

i suspect they have assistants to beat back the chicks.

Sooner in Tampa
5/14/2007, 08:19 AM
And it is a rule that after you have done a tour of duty with the Angels, every conversation that you have MUST include a reference to a story that lets everyone know you are a fomer Blue Angel.

OKLA21FAN
5/14/2007, 08:26 AM
went to the Pensacola Blue Angel's practice a couple of years ago. If anyone gets a chance to see that there, it is a must see. (and it is free)

watched '#4' abort his landing 2 times because he didn't think it was up to 'standards' and touching the rear wheels precisely where he wanted.

these guys a 'pretty good' ;)

StuIsTheMan
5/14/2007, 09:09 AM
They are way cooler than the Thunderchickens...Those guys are total Assclowns. Would way rather hang with the Angels than the Chickens..And I am Ex-AF WTF...

I got a great story that would explain...but it would take to long...

Hamhock
5/14/2007, 11:56 AM
It was sort of weird seeing some of the formations clearly missing a plane.

minimom
7/5/2007, 11:04 PM
Not true!

minimom
7/5/2007, 11:11 PM
The "Not true" is in reference to them having to mention in every conversation that they are a former Blue. I don't think this is true. I'm a former Blue Angels mom. Yes, these guys are proud of what they do but they work so hard to be able to do it and do it well - that pride is well earned. They know how costly a mistake can be. From what I've seen after being around them, they are also very humble fellas.

yermom
7/6/2007, 04:51 AM
what's the rule about their mom's conversations though? ;)

jrsooner
7/6/2007, 05:24 AM
I once new a Tech Rep for the Blue Angels. Got a personal tour for my nephew by marriage shortly after the wedding. Got me major points in the eyes of my wife and her sister's family. We both played hooky, and it was a good time. I grew up around the 18s so that was nothing new, but I enjoyed the look inside fat albert along with the good conversation the sgt had with my nephew about schooling and war.

Sooner in Tampa
7/6/2007, 05:34 AM
The "Not true" is in reference to them having to mention in every conversation that they are a former Blue. I don't think this is true. I'm a former Blue Angels mom. Yes, these guys are proud of what they do but they work so hard to be able to do it and do it well - that pride is well earned. They know how costly a mistake can be. From what I've seen after being around them, they are also very humble fellas.I was refering to the pilots...I don't anyone would ever use the word jet pilot and humble in the same sentence.

Petro-Sooner
7/6/2007, 11:03 AM
They are way cooler than the Thunderchickens...Those guys are total Assclowns. Would way rather hang with the Angels than the Chickens..And I am Ex-AF WTF...

I got a great story that would explain...but it would take to long...

Whats the story?