PDA

View Full Version : I got pulled over by a cop for the first time

Melo
5/13/2007, 09:07 PM
last night.

It was kind of scary. I cried. :(

Okla-homey
5/13/2007, 09:13 PM
Did he write you a ticket or take pity on you because of your infected nose hole?

Melo
5/13/2007, 09:17 PM
Well, to give myself some credit, I didnt start crying until AFTER he left.

I remained calm, looked him in the eye and told him where I was going, where I was coming from, and not an excuse, but an actual reason why I was speeding.

It was 65 at night, which I was unaware of. I hardly ever drive at night, so I was thinking it was 70. To which I was going over, about 75, MAYBE 76-77.... He told me I was doing 'about 80'.

He gave me a warning and told me to be careful and slow down. Then he walked back to his car.

THEN I started crying.

Ive never gotten a ticket, wrecked, fender bender, NOTHING. Never goten in trouble....

ChickSoonerFan
I was about 20. I always thought I would cry the first time too....but no...I started giggling uncontrolably. And couldn't stop.

I kept apologizing, between giggles, told him I always thought I would cry and I had no idea what was wrong with me. He just shook his head and walked away.

olevetonahill
last night.

It was kind of scary. I cried. :(
Did ya show him bewbs ?

Melo
5/13/2007, 09:20 PM
Did ya show him bewbs ?

:eek: NO!

soonerboomer93
5/13/2007, 09:22 PM
ah yes, further evidence that women are bat**** crazy...

:D

ChickSoonerFan
5/13/2007, 09:23 PM
He gave me a warning and told me to be careful and slow down. Then he walked back to his car.

Yay for the warnings only...those rock!! Good for you.

:)

SoonerGirl06
5/13/2007, 09:25 PM
When I was about 19, I got so many tickets in one months time (driving from Abiliene to OKC) that I nearly had my license taken away.

If it weren't for the fact that it was the judge's last day on the bench and he decided to have mercy on my soul, I would have had to heel-toe it for about a year.

Let me tell you... I said my prayers that night. A LOT of 'em.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2007, 09:30 PM
When I was about 19, I got so many tickets in one months time (driving from Abiliene to OKC) that I nearly had my license taken away.

Same thing happened to me. The state of OK threatened to suspend my license if I was pulled over for speeding even once over the course of a year. Thank God, I got through my probation as it were without getting my license taken away.........again.

yermom
5/13/2007, 09:34 PM
i got pulled over for the first time when i was 16, maybe a month after i got my license

i had left my wallet at home, got a ticket for no license and no insurance from the state troopers

when i went downtown they couldn't find my tickets anywhere, the cop had misspelled my name. i had to go between a few offices because i didn't know the difference between the county/city/whatever cops. it was a long day

in short, slow down when there are cops standing all over the road :O

OU Adonis
5/13/2007, 09:37 PM
Did he have you blow into a breathalyzer?

I had this one cop pull me over 3 times in one and had me do it. It wasn't until years later that I realized that wasn't a breathalyzer.

I am sooooooooooooo kidding.

LilSooner
5/13/2007, 09:37 PM

If it weren't for the fact that it was the judge's last day on the bench and he decided to have mercy on my soul, I would have had to heel-toe it for about a year.

Let me tell you... I said my prayers that night. A LOT of 'em.

Woah, you just described my 19th year to a tee. 183 is too much fun to just drive 65. I hit the govoner numerous times. I also rolled my truck down a 50 foot embankment right before you get to seymour, the day before we destroyed Nebraska in Norman.

SoonerGirl06
5/13/2007, 09:41 PM
Woah, you just described my 19th year to a tee. 183 is too much fun to just drive 65. I hit the govoner numerous times. I also rolled my truck down a 50 foot embankment right before you get to seymour, the day before we destroyed Nebraska in Norman.

No kidding! I got tickets coming and going... not to mention the warnings I got in between those tickets.

I have such a lead foot.

Made it to OKC from Dallas in under 2 hours one time. :D

Big Red Ron
5/13/2007, 09:48 PM
No kidding! I got tickets coming and going... not to mention the warnings I got in between those tickets.

I have such a lead foot.

Made it to OKC from Dallas in under 2 hours one time. :DThat's nuthin' ;) I once made it from Edmond to Breckenridge, CO in 9 hours. A 12-14 hour drive for most. :D

Melo
5/13/2007, 09:50 PM
in short, slow down when there are cops standing all over the road :O

The bad part is that it was 2:30 in the morning, and I thought that I was the only one out there... I saw headlights come on, I immediately knew what was up.

All-in-all, Im kind of glad it played out how it did. I drove slower the whole way home, and honestly, driving fast at night out on a deserted road in that area is a bad idea. I had a couple friends at Blinn who ruined their cars from hitting deer out there.

LilSooner
5/13/2007, 09:50 PM
I made it from Norman to Abilene in about 3 hours once. That was one of the dumbest things ever.

OU Adonis
5/13/2007, 09:53 PM
I made it from Norman to Abilene in about 3 hours once. That was one of the dumbest things ever.

Yeah I agree thats totally dumb.

Why would ANYONE want to go to Abilene :)

SoonerGirl06
5/13/2007, 10:30 PM
Wow! There's some people that like to drive fast around here!

olevetonahill
5/13/2007, 10:49 PM
I made it from Elk city to Wilburton in less than 2 hrs several times !:D

Course I was In my Piper Archer !:P

yermom
5/13/2007, 11:35 PM
me and doleo made it from Wichita to KC in right at 2 hours

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wichita,+ks+to+kansas+city,+mo&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&z=8&om=1

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2007, 01:31 AM
FTG to Waco in 4 hours and 50 minutes. I **** you not.

yermom
5/14/2007, 01:36 AM
that's only like 70MPH

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2007, 03:24 AM
that's only like 70MPH
If you went 70 it'd take you like 6 1/2 hours to get there depending on Dallas traffic.

soonerboomer93
5/14/2007, 03:40 AM
it's 337 miles

you averaged around 70 miles an hour...

crawfish
5/14/2007, 07:34 AM
I drove 140 from Harlingen to Kingsville, Tx. on the way back from South Padre back in '87.

I really wish I'd been pulled over and thrown in jail. I could've killed everybody who was riding with me.

Osce0la
5/14/2007, 10:18 AM
Too bad you didn't get pulled over by this guy. (http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/21181/)

dolemitesooner
5/14/2007, 10:49 AM
FTG to Waco in 4 hours and 50 minutes. I **** you not.
:O for you

dolemitesooner
5/14/2007, 10:51 AM
me and doleo made it from Wichita to KC in right at 2 hours

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wichita,+ks+to+kansas+city,+mo&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&z=8&om=1
We have done a lot of crazy ****.

We went from Kc to columbia fast as **** too.

Adn from the nebraska game to kc with me drving that mini van like a subaru

dolemitesooner
5/14/2007, 10:57 AM
Too bad you didn't get pulled over by this guy. (http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/21181/)
thats great

yermom
5/14/2007, 11:11 AM

This happened last week in Dearborn,
Michigan... just right outside Detroit for
those who dont know the area.

Officer Sanchez?

that guy is going to have to move...