PDA

View Full Version : Key to OU's future down the drain!

Collier11
5/13/2007, 11:50 AM
http://newsok.com/article/3053051

Thanks for dropping by Devin Shepherd

Catch 22
5/13/2007, 05:11 PM
not good news

setem
5/13/2007, 06:00 PM
Crack of the Bat (http://www.perfectgame.org/crack_of_the_bat/blaine_clemmens/06_01_04_scouting_the_championship11/)

OF Devin Shepherd - 6'2" 225, R/R, Oxnard HS, Oxnard CA

College commitment - Oklahoma

First let me say that Devin Shepherd is one of the most pleasant, polite, and mature young players I have met. Everyone has different opinions of young players, but in my experience, Devin Shepherd is a quality kid. Ok, that being said, I recognize his raw power. I recognize that he has a legitimate RF arm. I recognize that he runs pretty well for a big young man (4.52 down the line is what I had in Jupiter). I recognize that he was named MVP of the AFLAC All-American game and he won the home run derby at another elite player event last summer.

He showed some good things at Area Codes, but after all that, I still feel like he would benefit from going to college and getting refined as a hitter. More than anything, I have questions about his trigger at the plate because I have seen him want to react to certain hittable pitches but not be able to get his swing started on time. That is a technical adjustment he can and I assume he will make. I do not question his bat speed or his power. I don't think he is a swing and miss hitter. Shepherd is strong and not real flexible, but if he is on time to the ball he is going to be a middle of the order run producer. I still think he will be a pretty high round pick this June and from my experience with him, he is a coachable and mature kid that can handle pro ball out of high school and handle the adjustments he will be asked to make.

I guess all that went out the window over the last 2 years!

I think he thought he was above coaching. This is going to screw up his draft status.

Collier11
5/13/2007, 07:50 PM
hopefully it is one of those deals where he will stay in school on scholly and Sunny will let him try and earn his way back this summer? Doubt it though!

SOONER STEAKER
5/14/2007, 04:47 PM
It's all about ego. Devon had an ego and it infringed on Sonny's ego so he had to get rid of Devon. Seems like the same thing happened with Kody Kaiser.

Maybe not making the Big 12 will deflate Sonny's ego, maybe, TT will sweep the Sooners and Joe C. will FIRE SONNY!! Now, that would satisfy my ego.

1stTimeCaller
5/14/2007, 05:23 PM
It's sad that he turned down a $500,000 signing bonus to come play for us and then this happens.

SOONER STEAKER
5/14/2007, 07:29 PM
I think it is very sad for Devon. I can just hear SG telling the family, come to OU and increase that $500K into millions like david Precey did. This is Just another example how Sonny doesn't know how to treat people when they buck his system. He can charm the pants off of ya, he's a SNAKE> which just happens to be his nickname among college coaches, "Sonny the SNAKE~ Beware of his bite, it can sting, just ask Devon.

Collier11
5/14/2007, 08:15 PM
I think it is very sad for Devon. I can just hear SG telling the family, come to OU and increase that $500K into millions like david Precey did. This is Just another example how Sonny doesn't know how to treat people when they buck his system. He can charm the pants off of ya, he's a SNAKE> which just happens to be his nickname among college coaches, "Sonny the SNAKE~ Beware of his bite, it can sting, just ask Devon.

you my friend are a jackazz and you dont know anything about the Kaiser or Shepherd situation so keep your mouth shut!

SOONER STEAKER
5/14/2007, 08:48 PM
I do know about the Kaiser deal, I know how Sonny took away his $$$ after his freshamn year becuase his dad could afford to send him to OU. I also know how Soony signed all the senior to be returners to full ride scholrships and that is why Gene Stephenson decided not to come to OU. I also know how Sonny refused to fill out paperwrk on a player who wanted a mediacal redshirt but refused the player after only playing 4 innings of ball. I also know many Big 12 coaches who have told me all kinds of stories about SG, so don't tell me I don't know what goes on in Gollo's world.

I could also tell you tons of stories from his days at ORU. He came to OU as an assistant because ORU was gonna can his kister. I've seen first hand how he berates players, how he treated asst. coaches at ORU, how he treats pro scouts and how they hate working with him. I've seen how he puts out negative reports on players so they won't go high in the draft so they will return for their senior seasons.

You my friend, need to meet the REAL SG, not the one in the papers or on the TV, but the one who manipuates people.

The son will shince again on OU but I doubt it will hapen anytime soon with SG at the helm.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/14/2007, 08:51 PM
1TC, is that you?

SOONER STEAKER
5/14/2007, 09:31 PM
I am not one 1TC. But I just gave birth to another texas and I didn't forget to wipe my SG.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2007, 11:13 PM
I think it is very sad for Devon. I can just hear SG telling the family, come to OU and increase that $500K into millions like david Precey did. This is Just another example how Sonny doesn't know how to treat people when they buck his system. He can charm the pants off of ya, he's a SNAKE> which just happens to be his nickname among college coaches, "Sonny the SNAKE~ Beware of his bite, it can sting, just ask Devon.*********!

Collier11
5/14/2007, 11:38 PM
I do know about the Kaiser deal, I know how Sonny took away his $$$ after his freshamn year becuase his dad could afford to send him to OU. I also know how Soony signed all the senior to be returners to full ride scholrships and that is why Gene Stephenson decided not to come to OU. I also know how Sonny refused to fill out paperwrk on a player who wanted a mediacal redshirt but refused the player after only playing 4 innings of ball. I also know many Big 12 coaches who have told me all kinds of stories about SG, so don't tell me I don't know what goes on in Gollo's world.

I could also tell you tons of stories from his days at ORU. He came to OU as an assistant because ORU was gonna can his kister. I've seen first hand how he berates players, how he treated asst. coaches at ORU, how he treats pro scouts and how they hate working with him. I've seen how he puts out negative reports on players so they won't go high in the draft so they will return for their senior seasons.

You my friend, need to meet the REAL SG, not the one in the papers or on the TV, but the one who manipuates people.

The son will shince again on OU but I doubt it will hapen anytime soon with SG at the helm.

You dont know sh*t about kaiser or shepherd. You know what people who think they know what they are talking about tell you! Everything you have said is false and manufactured BS, unfounded and idiotic!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/15/2007, 12:36 AM
I just gave birth to another texan and I didn't forget to wipe my GS

SOONER STEAKER
5/15/2007, 09:27 AM
Collier11, I sat in the Edmond Sana Fe HS parking lot, listening to Kody dad's about the OU situation & Kody. The only story I don't have is what happened to Devon, so why don't you tell us, either here in this forum or yopu can privately email me. But I stand behind the info I listed above about SG.

About the scholarship deal with the to be seniors, I got that from a father who's son is Sonny right hand man on staff at OU.

1stTimeCaller
5/15/2007, 09:40 AM
Gooner, you're arguing a lost cause.

There's a locked thread that might come up if you search for it where I spelled out everything on the Kaiser deal and the scholarship fiasco. The truth was met with the same resistance by the same people. I did get a few PMs from people that played and have friends that played that couldn't say anything publicly that thanked me for telling the real story.

Just do like I do and be happy that you know what's going on and be quiet about it on here.

Collier11
5/15/2007, 10:21 AM
Collier11, I sat in the Edmond Sana Fe HS parking lot, listening to Kody dad's about the OU situation & Kody. The only story I don't have is what happened to Devon, so why don't you tell us, either here in this forum or yopu can privately email me. But I stand behind the info I listed above about SG.

About the scholarship deal with the to be seniors, I got that from a father who's son is Sonny right hand man on staff at OU.

I have heard very different stories from people who also claim to be "in the know" such as your self and a former OU baseball player who was here for Sonny's first year.

What you are saying to me is nothing more than spreading unfounded rumors...if in a year or two sonny gets fired and all of this comes out then you can come to me and I will apologize to you, but until then I am not going to believe something that you cannot prove to me. We can agree to disagree for now because I dont believe it!

Boarder
5/15/2007, 11:20 AM
You people can tell stories without personal attacks. Stop it.

SOONER STEAKER
5/15/2007, 12:07 PM
OK, back to the business at hand.

I just hope the Sooners can take care of TT this weekend as it looks like TT has already checked the season in with the way they have competed the past two weekends against Mizzou and the boys from Stoolwater.

Collier11
5/15/2007, 12:09 PM
So does Ou need to sweep tech then win atleast two in the tourney to get into the ncaa field, or do they need to do more?

SOONER STEAKER
5/15/2007, 02:00 PM
Win the Big 12 tourney or they won't get a seed in the NCAA tourney. No Big 12 team has ever gotten in the tourney with a below .500 record in the Big 12 conference play.

Collier11
5/15/2007, 02:13 PM
For those of you who dont like SG, who would you like to be coach?

OSUAggie
5/15/2007, 02:15 PM
I'm a huge Golloway fan.

Collier11
5/15/2007, 02:34 PM
make it out of the first round then talk....;)

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm a huge penis fan.

Fixed:twinkies:

OSUAggie
5/15/2007, 03:34 PM
make it out of the first round then talk....;)

No ****... Kinda bad.

I saw a projection that had OSU going to Rice's regional as the 2. We wouldn't make it if that happened.

Collier11
5/15/2007, 03:42 PM
I think Frank anderson is doing a great job, much better than Holliday but the fact of the matter is that Golloway came within 1 game of the CWS and Anderson hasnt done squat besides losing out in the regionals!

Big Red Ron
5/15/2007, 03:58 PM
No ****... Kinda bad.

I saw a projection that had OSU going to Rice's regional as the 2. We wouldn't make it if that happened.I dunno, we took them to the brink down there last year.

SOONER STEAKER
5/15/2007, 05:46 PM
OSU will be sent to WSU or Arkansas. Rice will be full of Texas schools nt from the Big 12.

I would think Denne Crabaugh would do a much better job at OU than SG, with Keith Lytle as the hitting coach. That would be a great combo.

sportsproducer
5/19/2007, 11:29 PM
Win the Big 12 tourney or they won't get a seed in the NCAA tourney. No Big 12 team has ever gotten in the tourney with a below .500 record in the Big 12 conference play.

Missouri made it to a Super Regional last year but was only 12-15 in confernece play. Hopefully this was not a stat Kody Kaiser's father told you in the parking lot. :D

SOONER STEAKER
5/20/2007, 11:10 AM
You are correct sportsproducer. Mizzou swept UT in the final series of Big 12 play last year to finsih 12-15 in the league. I stand corrected and will bow down to your statstical homework.

sportsproducer
5/20/2007, 11:23 AM
No bowing down needed. However here is something that shows how crazy this Big 12 season has been if Txas beats ATM today for the sweep and Kansas somehow beats Nebraska then only 3 teams will finish with conference records above .500 in the Big 12.

Texas, Missouri and Oklahoma State