PDA

View Full Version : friggin cat pee

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 04:35 PM
whoever lived in this apartment before me had a cat who peed in the corner of at least one room. my mom is in about year 15 of turning into crazy cat lady....it's a smell i know and remember well.

when the heat/humidity hits some critical combination, you can tell. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
5/12/2007, 04:41 PM
Well, if it's not in the pad, you can use Nature's Miracle. That stuff works wonders.

If it's in the pad, you're ****ed. Call the landlord and make him replace it.

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 04:59 PM
350 days a year, you'd never know. some kind of unholy balance of heat/humidity that brings it out.

i live in these faculty/staff apartments at CU, the people are really nice and it's cheap compared to market value in Boulder. and, phone/cable/ethernet/utilities all taken care of...it's a pretty sweet deal. on balance, it's a minor annoyance but the acrid pee smell is bugging me right now while i'm trying to enjoy this fine German pilsner beer, rock some tunes and watch golf.

i'll check the nature's miracle stuff though.

edit: i'd have to be kind of an ******* to get it taken care of with the housing folks, all i'm sayin. now, i am going to get it documented so it doesn't come out of my deposit...should they decide it's on me.

Soonrboy
5/12/2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, the nature's miracle is great...we also use some vinegar and water...yeah, like a summer's eve.

proud gonzo
5/12/2007, 05:54 PM
heh--one year GHP lived in a horrid house here in Norman. There were a ton of stray cats in the neighborhood and i'm pretty sure they would fornicate and crap and die underneath the house.

olevetonahill
5/12/2007, 06:09 PM
heh--one year GHP lived in a horrid house here in Norman. There were a ton of stray cats in the neighborhood and i'm pretty sure they would fornicate and crap and die underneath the house.
Are Ya saying the Tom Got that Dying quiver ?:eek:
I was gonna say Vinegar or Frebreese

tbl
5/12/2007, 08:17 PM
You have to rip it all out, and replace the boards if the floor is not on the foundation. Cat pee is the unholiest of fluids...

picasso
5/13/2007, 02:36 PM
ahhh, the curse of the Catawissa!!! we've had in our supply store for many a year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catawissa,_Pennsylvania

just replaced an old shelf that was Buddha's (huge Siamese inbred) favorite whizzing spot.

HskrGrl
5/13/2007, 05:42 PM
You have to rip it all out, and replace the boards if the floor is not on the foundation. Cat pee is the unholiest of fluids...

Yep! Cat pee is the worst!! We just had to give our 2 cats to the Humane Society because of this. At first they would just pee on towels or dh's favorite Husker blanket (I know what you're thinking you don't need to say it!) Then one of them peed in my daughter's room. After about 3 days of using THIS (http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm)we finally got the smell to come out. I'm really surprised the owners of your apartment didn't tear out all the carpet, the pad, and treat the floors after the previous tenants moved out. Just make sure they know about the smell and that you didn't have a cat that did it so they don't decide to replace the carpet after you move out and then turn around and charge you thousands of dollars for it.

StoopTroup
5/13/2007, 05:45 PM
I don't even like threads about cats.