5/12/2007, 10:32 AM
My favorite sports movies include:

Football-Varsity Blues,Remember The Titans

Baketball-Hoosiers,One On One

Baseball- For Love of The Game,Bull Durham

Boxing Cinderella Man,Rocky

Golf- Tin Cup

Hockey- Miracle

Overall Cinderella Man is my favorite as well as one of my all-time favorite movies of any kind.

Newbomb Turk
5/12/2007, 10:50 AM
Golf - Caddyshack

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 10:58 AM
raging bull

for love of the game was better than i expected, though i'm not a big Costner fan.

GottaHavePride
5/12/2007, 12:50 PM
Football and you didn't mention Rudy? OK, it's Notre Dame, but still...

I didn't like Varsity Blues that much.

Oh, and no Field of Dreams, either?

Scott D
5/12/2007, 12:55 PM
meh.

Football - The Program (before they removed the 'street' scene)
Baseball - The Natural
Basketball - Amazing Grace & Chuck
Boxing - On The Waterfront
Hockey - Slapshot
Soccer - Victory
Golf - Caddyshack

Varsity Blues was terrible, and Field of Dreams like all movies Costner blew chunks.

Eight Men Out came a close second for me in baseball, and I'd probably follow that up with The Rookie and Major League.

royalfan5
5/12/2007, 01:13 PM
Slapshot and Hoosiers is as good as it gets in my book.

Blue Chips also ruled in it's own special way.

Scott D
5/12/2007, 01:51 PM
raging bull

for love of the game was better than i expected, though i'm not a big Costner fan.

you just liked watching him go all Vandeveldt at the end of the movie....yeah, me too. :)

soonerscuba
5/12/2007, 02:09 PM
Ah dewn't whant yer lafe.

proud gonzo
5/12/2007, 02:38 PM
i ****ing hate varsity blues. i don't care if my screenwriting professor is friends with the guy who wrote it. maybe it's a good story, but the movie makes me want to shoot the tv.

dolemitesooner
5/12/2007, 02:59 PM
i ****ing hate varsity blues. i don't care if my screenwriting professor is friends with the guy who wrote it. maybe it's a good story, but the movie makes me want to shoot the tv.
I hate you...its not a great movie but its has bewbs in it...therfore it is not bad

therfore I hate you and I will mow your lawn tommorw

dolemitesooner
5/12/2007, 03:01 PM
Baseball - The Natural
Basketball - Hoosiers
Golf - The Legand of bagger Vance

My fav is the Natural

King Crimson
5/12/2007, 03:55 PM
i can't support the Natural. the movie ending is 100% diff than the original Bernard Malamud book ending. it's cheap.

stoopified
5/12/2007, 03:57 PM
You got something against whip-cream bikinis?

SteelClip49
5/12/2007, 04:39 PM
Basketball= Space Jam

Hockey= The Mighty Ducks

Baseball= Field of Dreams

Golf= Bagger Vance

Football= Any Given Sunday

Boxing= Rocky IV

Blue
5/12/2007, 04:50 PM
Basketball- Hoop Dreams

Football- Rudy

Baseball- Bull Durham

Golf- Tin Cup, Bagger Vance

NASCAR- Taladega Nights

royalfan5
5/12/2007, 05:03 PM
If we are including NASCAR, I want to add Days of Thunder.

Soonrboy
5/12/2007, 05:24 PM
football - Remember the Titans
Baseball - Field of Dreams,
basketball - Hoosiers
Hockey - Miracle

SoonerAtKU
5/12/2007, 09:17 PM
See, Miracle is a fine movie. Tin Cup is a fine movie. But you could un-make every hockey movie except Slapshot and every golf movie except Caddyshack and still be just as happy with those two genres.

The rest of the sports don't have their iconic movies like those two. Most likely, that's because they're less popular sports and the big 3 have many different movies with different takes.

OUstud
5/12/2007, 09:18 PM
Major League.

GottaHavePride
5/12/2007, 09:18 PM
Bobsledding - Cool Runnings.

There. I said it.

Oh, and no one has mentioned "A League of Their Own" yet? That was a good freakin' movie, too.

afs
5/12/2007, 11:31 PM
poker - Rounders

chess - Searching for Bobby Fisher

Running - Prefontane

PhxSooner
5/12/2007, 11:42 PM
I liked Miracle, but I think alot of it is because I remember watching those Olympic games with my dad, and screaming "USA" at the TV. The movie also gets points for recreating my mother's avacado green and harvest gold 1970s kitchen.:D

stoopified
5/13/2007, 08:22 AM
What no love for THE KING in Possums?That quite possibly is the lamest sports movie ever.

sooneron
5/13/2007, 10:42 AM
Bagger Vance could not have sucked more. It's crap. You want a good golf movie? Follow the Setting Sun. Hell, I'll take greatest game ever played over Bagger Vance.

sooneron
5/13/2007, 10:44 AM
Basketball= Space Jam

Hockey= The Mighty Ducks

Baseball= Field of Dreams

Golf= Bagger Vance

Football= Any Given Sunday

Boxing= Rocky IV

Rocky 4 was the third worst of the Rocky movies and Raging Bull still kicks that franchise's ***.

oklaclarinet
5/13/2007, 12:55 PM
cycling-Breaking Away

SteelClip49
5/13/2007, 03:18 PM
The Legend of Bagger Vance is more than just about golf, it's about hope and getting back up on that horse again. Three Academy Award winners and an Academy Award nominee in this film. Jack Lemmon passed not too long afterwards when he was in this film. Hearing is naration throughout made me appreciate his careeer even more and went out on top with this masterpiece of his. No other golf movie can compare to Bagger Vance. Hell, it would be a top 10 sports movie all time in my opinion. A movie than can relate to BV is the Shawkshank Redemption. Both have a lot of similarities.